Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,190,458 members, 7,940,725 topics. Date: Thursday, 05 September 2024 at 11:16 AM

Delta Igbo, Bendel Igbo: What Does That Even Mean. - Culture (34) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Delta Igbo, Bendel Igbo: What Does That Even Mean. (249849 Views)

Why Dont Yorubas Claim Istekiri, The Way Igbos Claim Ikwerre, Delta Igbo? / Delta Igbo,bendel Igbo,ikwerre Igbo,do They Really Matter To The Igbo Nation? / Who Is An Igbo/what Makes Someone An Igbo? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (31) (32) (33) (34) (35) (36) (37) ... (111) (Go Down)

Re: Delta Igbo, Bendel Igbo: What Does That Even Mean. by aljharem3: 11:43pm On Jul 09, 2011
Andre Uweh:

Alh Uche, am fine. I like you Awori guys because despite Bini influence in Lagos, you guys do not disclaim Yoruba.

yeah we have bini which to me is yoruba or yorubiod, ijaw, hausa and even igbo influenece and yes we are detribalised nigerians cool

unless u we are provoked then we would call our warriors from ogbomosho and shagamu to help us in lagos

we aworis are pro nigerians and very mixed with groups far and wide and consisder ourselves yoruba/bini

now ika people are a bit naught to me

maybe because i do not really understand there origin but from my finding i would consider them igbo anyday any time

whether they like it or not

once ur name is uche, ike, etc u are igbo to me and i know it might seem like ignorance but that is me and my view to it

a bi u people want to divide till each man forms his own village as a country
Re: Delta Igbo, Bendel Igbo: What Does That Even Mean. by dempeople(m): 11:44pm On Jul 09, 2011
Andre Uweh:

Alh Uche, am fine. I like you Awori guys because despite Bini influence in Lagos, you guys do not disclaim Yoruba.

He's Awori today. Unless his timetable says otherwise, he has to be Igbo tomorrow (as from 12 midnight) and then Efik the day after that.  grin wink

See wetin I dee tell u below on the bolded;

alj_harem:

yeah we have bini which to me is yoruba or yorubiod, ijaw, hausa and even igbo influenece and yes we are detribalised nigerians [/b]cool

unless u we are provoked then we would call our warriors from ogbomosho and shagamu to help us in lagos

[b][size=14pt]we aworis [/size]are pro nigerians and very mixed with groups far and wide and consisder ourselves yoruba/bini

maybe because i do not really understand there origin but from my finding i would consider them igbo anyday any time

once your name is uche, ike, etc u are igbo to me and i know it might seem like ignorance but that is me and my view to it

Re: Delta Igbo, Bendel Igbo: What Does That Even Mean. by AndreUweh(m): 11:46pm On Jul 09, 2011
alj_harem:

yeah we have bini which to me is yoruba or yorubiod, ijaw, hausa and even igbo influenece and yes we are detribalised nigerians cool

we aworis are pro nigerians and very mixed with groups far and wide and consisder ourselves yoruba/bini

once your name is uche, ike, etc u are igbo to me and i know it might seem like ignorance but that is me and my view to it

Well said Alh Uche.
Re: Delta Igbo, Bendel Igbo: What Does That Even Mean. by aljharem3: 11:55pm On Jul 09, 2011
dem_people:

He's Awori today. Unless his timetable says otherwise, he has to be Igbo tomorrow (as from 12 midnight) and then Efik the day after that.  grin wink

smiley wink
Re: Delta Igbo, Bendel Igbo: What Does That Even Mean. by udezue(m): 5:24am On Jul 10, 2011
Lol @ AljHarem Uche. What a flip-flopper?
Re: Delta Igbo, Bendel Igbo: What Does That Even Mean. by exotik: 8:24am On Jul 10, 2011
You are a no brainer at all. An Igboman in this forum is known as Gen-Buhari. Yet he is not Hausa/fulani nor a military man. Your argument is baseless.

lol, so are u trying to tell me agbontaen is not a name answered by ikas, and omonuan/iguefi is actually from owerri?
Re: Delta Igbo, Bendel Igbo: What Does That Even Mean. by exotik: 8:25am On Jul 10, 2011
And what does nduka mean?

u tell me.
Re: Delta Igbo, Bendel Igbo: What Does That Even Mean. by igboboy1(m): 8:42am On Jul 10, 2011
Negro_Ntns:

Apparently the ika don't consider you nwanne to them and don't any part of Anioma, however much you try to sell it to them.

Ogbuefi is wordsmithing and cajoling and wooing to get the people to admit they are Igbo.
You clearly said in 1930 you were not Bini, but you never said you were not Igbo.

Let's say Yoruba claim Umuahia as its land. The people of Umuahia go to court and declare "No, we are not Yorubas".
Then Fulani_ Boy arrive 70yrs later on NL and say to chukwuma, "you know you stated some years back that you are not Yoruba but you never said in court that you were not Fulani. Therefore I own your land.

The people have rejected Anioma and refuse to be Igbo. Even if they were Igbo at one time, today they don't want to be Igbo.

Leave them and their land alone!

Please go and play lord of the ijebus cos u are begining to make fun of yourself here,
First of all do you know what Anioma is?
Second of all I am from Delta state Einstein so you are talking to the wrong person.
Third of all stop all this your analogies cos they are senseless, the other day it was with x-men now its yoruba claiming umuahia undecided
Re: Delta Igbo, Bendel Igbo: What Does That Even Mean. by ezeagu(m): 10:27am On Jul 10, 2011
exotik:

lol, so are u trying to tell me agbontaen is not a name answered by ikas, and omonuan/iguefi is actually from owerri?

Let's start listing Bini people with Yoruba names. . . .
Re: Delta Igbo, Bendel Igbo: What Does That Even Mean. by exotik: 11:00am On Jul 10, 2011
^
i am usen, and we don't have yoruba names, we have usen names and we are edo people. if yoruba people happen to share same name with usen people, it does not mean we are yorubas coz our usen identity is way older than the contemporary european created yoruba identity. so if anything, it is yorubas that should be claiming to identify as usen not the other way round. same way the ika identity is way older than the contemporary european igbo identity, so it should be igbos who be claiming to identify as ika not the other way round. usen people are not yorubas same way as ika people are not igbos.
Re: Delta Igbo, Bendel Igbo: What Does That Even Mean. by vicenzo(m): 11:03am On Jul 10, 2011
exotik:

u tell me.

You should know,since you were quick to tell us the meaning of obaigbena.
Re: Delta Igbo, Bendel Igbo: What Does That Even Mean. by exotik: 11:03am On Jul 10, 2011
and the yoruba and igbo identity are bogus ones as far as im concerned.
Re: Delta Igbo, Bendel Igbo: What Does That Even Mean. by exotik: 11:05am On Jul 10, 2011
@vincenzo, u should know since u are the one claiming they are igbos
Re: Delta Igbo, Bendel Igbo: What Does That Even Mean. by ezeagu(m): 11:13am On Jul 10, 2011
exotik:

^
i am usen, and we don't have yoruba names, we have usen names and we are edo people. if yoruba people happen to share same name with usen people, it does not mean we are yorubas coz
our usen identity is way older than the contemporary european created yoruba identity, so if anything, it is yorubas that should be claiming to identify as usen not the other way road. same way the ika identity is way older than the contemporary european identity, so it should be igbos who be claiming to identify as ika not the other way round. usen people are not yorubas same way as ika people are not igbos.

All I'm reading is nothing but excuses. Are there a significant amount of Bini people with what are known to be Yoruboid names or not?

exotik:

and the yoruba and igbo identity are bogus ones as far as im concerned.

Really has nothing to do with Bini people with Yoruba (non-Edoid) names. Guess much of your people have names that have nothing to do with the rest of Edo people. grin
Re: Delta Igbo, Bendel Igbo: What Does That Even Mean. by vicenzo(m): 11:17am On Jul 10, 2011
dem_people:

Onlytruth once said that alj harem is a yoruba guy from kogi or kwara state,i believe him,for that would explain his pro yoruba posts and his northern affliation.
Re: Delta Igbo, Bendel Igbo: What Does That Even Mean. by vicenzo(m): 11:21am On Jul 10, 2011
exotik:

@vincenzo, u should know since u are the one claiming they are igbos

I asked because the guy that i know that answers obaigbena also goes by the name nduka,but you were quick to interprete obaigbena leaving nduka.Nduka= life is greater.
Re: Delta Igbo, Bendel Igbo: What Does That Even Mean. by exotik: 11:22am On Jul 10, 2011
@ezeagu,
dat is what im telling u dat they are not binis. the edo people wit names that are "yorubic" are not binis. they have their distinct dialect, eg usen.
binis that may have yoruba names are those who are married to yoruba people. maybe their mum or someone in their family is from one of the yoruba states. but no proper bini family have a "yorubic" name in their family, they all have bini names.
Re: Delta Igbo, Bendel Igbo: What Does That Even Mean. by exotik: 11:25am On Jul 10, 2011
@vicenzo, so he has an edoid name and has an ika name does not make him igbo. if anything he should be edo coz it is his surname and not first name that is edoid
Re: Delta Igbo, Bendel Igbo: What Does That Even Mean. by vicenzo(m): 12:04pm On Jul 10, 2011
exotik:

@vicenzo, so he an edoid name and and an ika name does not make him igbo. if anything he should be edo coz it is his surname and not first name that is edoid

No,it means that he is an igbo with an edo ancestory,just like some aro people with ibibio surnames.
Re: Delta Igbo, Bendel Igbo: What Does That Even Mean. by exotik: 12:11pm On Jul 10, 2011
lmao!so if he traces his origin to edo wouldn't that make him edo? his ancestry leads him to edo state and not imo state so his is more edo than igbo, that why he is ika!
Re: Delta Igbo, Bendel Igbo: What Does That Even Mean. by vicenzo(m): 1:54pm On Jul 10, 2011
exotik:

lmao!so if he traces his origin to edo wouldn't that make him edo? his ancestry leads him to edo state and not imo state so his is more edo than igbo, that why he is ika!

Many igbo groups trace their ancestry outside igboland,there are some igbos who does not know the meaning of their surnames,what makes you igbo is not where you came from,rather its the language you speak as a first language,what unite all igbo groups is the igbo language,(which all of us speak a dialect of),and not where we came from.
Re: Delta Igbo, Bendel Igbo: What Does That Even Mean. by exotik: 2:07pm On Jul 10, 2011
vicenzo:

Many igbo groups trace their ancestry outside igboland,there are some igbos who does not know the meaning of their surnames,what makes you igbo is not where you came from,rather its the language you speak as a first language,what unite all igbo groups is the igbo language,(which all of us speak a dialect of),and not where we came from.

and the language they speak is not igbo language, they speak ika language.
Re: Delta Igbo, Bendel Igbo: What Does That Even Mean. by AndreUweh(m): 2:18pm On Jul 10, 2011
exotik:

and the language they speak is not igbo language, they speak ika language.
and an Ijebu man speaks Ijebu language. In your logic, Ijebu is not Yoruba. Boy, give up and stop displaying further stupidity in this thread.
Re: Delta Igbo, Bendel Igbo: What Does That Even Mean. by ChinenyeN(m): 2:22pm On Jul 10, 2011
Exotik isn't getting the picture.
Re: Delta Igbo, Bendel Igbo: What Does That Even Mean. by exotik: 2:22pm On Jul 10, 2011
hahahahahahaha, u are the stuppid one nzonigga, and i don't care how the ijebus choose to identify themselves. if by tomorrow, they say they are not yorubas, wetin concern me. but as of today, a lot of ika people don't want to be called igbos, ozuo.
Re: Delta Igbo, Bendel Igbo: What Does That Even Mean. by exotik: 2:26pm On Jul 10, 2011
ChinenyeN:

Exotik isn't getting the picture.

no, u are the one not getting the picture. the picture is clear from where im standing.
Re: Delta Igbo, Bendel Igbo: What Does That Even Mean. by aljharem3: 2:39pm On Jul 10, 2011
vicenzo:

Onlytruth once said that alj harem is a yoruba guy from kogi or kwara state,i believe him,for that would explain his pro yoruba posts and his northern affliation.
grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Delta Igbo, Bendel Igbo: What Does That Even Mean. by Chyz2: 2:53pm On Jul 10, 2011
Hmm. . .Still wondering why you all are still responding to exotik. He is not "Delta Igbo", "Bendel Igbo", or simply Igbo. You all are totally deviating from a good topic. This may sound a little tribalistic, but lets only reply to Igbos. Physics and maaaaybe Alj Haram is ok. The table is open to changes though so do speak you mind. grin cool
Re: Delta Igbo, Bendel Igbo: What Does That Even Mean. by ezeagu(m): 3:13pm On Jul 10, 2011
exotik:

@ezeagu,
dat is what im telling u dat they are not binis. the edo people wit names that are "yorubic" are not binis. they have their distinct dialect, eg usen.
binis that may have yoruba names are those who are married to yoruba people. maybe their mum or someone in their family is from one of the yoruba states. but no proper bini family have a "yorubic" name in their family, they all have bini names.

So the struggle all us have when we see a Yoruba name only to find out the person is Bini does not exist? It's clear that you see how stupid your logic is when the tables were flipped. Try that naming nonsense again and I'll move on to Yoruba gods in Edoland, after that it's straight to Ewuare and then finally Oduduwa.
Re: Delta Igbo, Bendel Igbo: What Does That Even Mean. by ChinenyeN(m): 3:29pm On Jul 10, 2011
exotik:

no, u are the one not getting the picture. the picture is clear from where im standing.
I'm just saying, maybe you simply need to learn to shut up and listen. This isn't about the identity, but about the categorization of people.
If you don't get that, then you simply just do not get the picture.
Re: Delta Igbo, Bendel Igbo: What Does That Even Mean. by exotik: 3:34pm On Jul 10, 2011
^ huh?

who cares who oduduwa was and please do move on to ewuare after all it was after the reign of the same ewuare that anioma lands were conquered.
Re: Delta Igbo, Bendel Igbo: What Does That Even Mean. by exotik: 3:39pm On Jul 10, 2011
ChinenyeN:

I'm just saying, maybe you simply need to learn to shut up and listen. This isn't about the identity, but about the categorization of people.
If you don't get that, then you simply just do not get the picture.

well, maybe u are the one who needs to listen and shut up because it is clear a lot of the people dont want to be categorized as igbo.

(1) (2) (3) ... (31) (32) (33) (34) (35) (36) (37) ... (111)

Some Nigerian Ethnic Groups And Their Dressing Styles (pictures) / Learn How To Speak Hausa Here / Complaints And Notice Thread. Be Serious!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.