Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,172,196 members, 7,884,169 topics. Date: Tuesday, 09 July 2024 at 04:22 AM

[poll] Would You Prefer to Marry a Virgin? - Romance (24) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / [poll] Would You Prefer to Marry a Virgin? (63138 Views)

Met His Fiancee A Virgin But Got Deflowered By Another Guy / Which Ethnic Group Would You Prefer To Marry From / Why Do Nigerians Prefer To Marry The Rich? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) ... (47) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: [poll] Would You Prefer to Marry a Virgin? by GENTLETEE(m): 10:33am On Jul 27, 2006
I would not mind getting married to a virgin u know.I will see her as Gift cos you hardly find such these days.It shows the uniqueness of the girl and how disciplined she has being with her body.A virgin is priceless. But it is not that I will consciously be all out for a virgin.
Re: [poll] Would You Prefer to Marry a Virgin? by michy(f): 10:42am On Jul 27, 2006
GENTLETEE:

I would not mind getting married to a virgin u know.I will see her as Gift because you hardly find such these days.It shows the uniqueness of the girl and how disciplined she has being with her body.A virgin is priceless. But it is not that I will consciously be all out for a virgin.

thank God u know that it is priceless.i ll marry one but the questionis how do u know a gut that is not one they can lie easily
Re: [poll] Would You Prefer to Marry a Virgin? by olodo(m): 12:35pm On Jul 27, 2006
Well on this issue as for me no virgin please because what you are asking for is for me to be unfaithfull to my virgin wife. because of her underperformance.
Do you know where am comming from?  when i don swim ocean come back, now you are asking me to start to dig well when do i know i go touch water?, "Bo! no way". what is she trying to prove that she be good girl abi?

But wait a minute have you people considered the medical implication .
my doctor friend says, if you over stay your virginity period you fit no conceive early in your marriage because your hormones will resist every good sperm so my dear nairalanders
NO VIRGINITY FOR ME
Re: [poll] Would You Prefer to Marry a Virgin? by olodo(m): 1:09pm On Jul 27, 2006
michy grin there are two ways to know if a guy is a virgin or not
1 perform a sex text on him (try him out on a 4x4 or sofa)
2, perform a kissing test on him (if he ,  u know the rest) grin
Re: [poll] Would You Prefer to Marry a Virgin? by sage(m): 5:50pm On Jul 27, 2006
I wonder y guys say stuff like if i want a virgin i cant get one. U are a man and u can simply say u will never ever get married to a lady who is not a virgin pure and simple and u will wait and get ur wish.

I grew up in a religiously restrictive enviroment and all the girls who grew up besides me were virgins (its not a case of he said, she said, they were always taken to virginity tests regularly) and most of them did not have sex till they were like 27 and married. I saw guyz who slept with so many women and then came to marry these ladies. Many of these guyz thought virgins were fascinating ( a common view held by men who do not have much encounters with virgins) and the other ladies were not marriage materials coz they had already had sex. I saw girls at 27 who had no interest whatsoever in sex and those who played around but tried to keep the hymen in place. There was this particular guy who was still sleeping with his girlfriends a few days b/4 the wedding but he was keeping his virgin for the wedding night. He has a kid from a woman and in all his life had not come in contact with a virgin and so vowed to marry one coz he felt they had to be angels ( though funny enough after a year of marriage, there is now talk of seperation in full force). There was another guy who married an extremely beautiful lady who was my close friend less than six months after he met her coz he felt it must be angelic 4 her to still be a virgin and that beautiful at 23. He was so obsessed by the virgin stuff he never took note of what every other guy who knew her closely knew, her love 4 money could send anybody she marries to a very early grave. All the guyz i saw coming to marry them were men who were sleeping with many of their girls who they were decieving while keeping the virgin for the wedding night and they would always say that at least in ur life time nobody would say, ive slept with ur wife (i guess to them it also means cheating is an impossibility).

Most guyz that did not spend most, if not all of their lives around virgins might think most of them are fascinating, but funny enough i dont. I dont know if it is because those i grew up with were sexually repressed and i dont fancy that at all in my future wife, or because they have alwayz been around me and i dont see them as beign angelic and all that. All my guyz that grew up around them are not fascinated by the thought and we often at times wonder y some guyz groan about virgins undecided. P. Ive seen men assume that all men no matter what they say want virgins as wives.
But life has always been different strokes for different folks
Re: [poll] Would You Prefer to Marry a Virgin? by edygirl(f): 6:20pm On Jul 27, 2006
Story.
Re: [poll] Would You Prefer to Marry a Virgin? by classiqkid(f): 11:35pm On Jul 27, 2006
nosakhare:

grin grin grin ;DAT LEAST THEIR ARE SOME ANGELS THERE THAT HAVE THEIR HEAD IN THE RIGT PLACE, GO GIRL, U R A GEM

Thanx jare
Re: [poll] Would You Prefer to Marry a Virgin? by Nobody: 9:35am On Aug 14, 2006
?
Re: [poll] Would You Prefer to Marry a Virgin? by experience(m): 8:38pm On Aug 22, 2006
well well well well!

I have been reading enough posts and I have found only 10% worthwhile. I'll try to give a general view to people here especially the newly weds and unwed and youths.

I am a Christian and I believe strongly in what the bible preaches and even the Koran. We human beings are spiritual in nature and we can't escape it; it's the biggest part of life. However, for the sake of the free thinkers, I'll come from the scientific point of view.

I believe there are educated peeps here so I assume u know Newton 's third law of motion, "For every action there is an equal and opposite reaction." If you have not been married long enough, I don't need your opinions and FAQS, I won't reply, and please for goodness sake, stop citing instances. You are not the person okay? Ladies keep your bodies; men zip up. Those talking about compatibility, may u meet your ends there.

Our greatest problem in life is ignorance and unwillingness to learn. How will your grand mom or elderly acquaintances tell u to refrain from pre-marital sex and you still indulge in it? So far, peeps here have been dating and married for maximum, 5 years. Don't let other people's yawa fool you. When your time come, na your papa name u go answer.

Girls are a blessing on earth, a miraculous means by which a human arrives on earth, and you want to keep it defiled? Men who have slept with over 100 girls still want a virgin **sigh**. Always pray to get your Mr. Right or Mrs. Right. The first way to get fooled is on the bed. Courtships last for 6 months these days and then people conclude. If you know what marriage is, you will leave sex first o!

I have had my wife for 20 years and I can tell you that there is no such thing as compatibility when it comes to sex. When you're my age, you won't bother about it any more. In fact, someone trying to toast your wife won't scare you; it becomes reversed. Your wife will want more and will be more active then. If your wife was not your best friend before u got married, ol boy your own don finish. You won't sleep in the same bed anymore because of tooth pick.

For my friend that wants to want till 30, your choice is good, your hormones would have settled. Guys are influenced by what happens around them easily, they might want to be adventurous at youth. When your hair starts turning white and the foundation was sex, you're in deep shit. For those who want to go around men or women, may u meet your ends. Most virgins I met were endowed intellectually and physically; they knew their aims and they are pillars of the homes today.

For those looking for men and women just for the fact they are experienced, may u experience the "experienced". Pre-marital sex is wrong and you can't paint it good, not by a long shot. For the non-virgins, you can change for the better. Don't let your hormones think for you. That's all I can see in you youths nowadays. Most guys know the pussy without knowing the woman and vice versa. Youths don't know what they want, simple and short. The people who are having problems nowadays said what you 90% are saying on this thread today. They cover it up with a smile and they will never let u know what is going on.

Whatever you sow now, you "MUST" reap. It may be reduced from "FATAL" to "NEAR FATAL", but u will reap it. Its because elders of the past who formed the African culture knew, understood and had insight of the virgin girls, that they were able to greatly appreciate and give her a high rating. Most people don't know what that means nowadays. It has been reduced to a myth especially by the youths. Well, I know and its a "PHENOMENON". Kudos to the virgins, keep it up! Non-virgins, keep yourselves.

People with all the problems that come with "experience" can't even surf the net, let alone post on this thread. It's obvious most don't know what marriage is about on here. I know peeps who are in their early 40's and they are looking like they are 70, just because of ignorance and refusal to take instructions. I'm almost 50 and I am looking young because I trust my wife and my marriage is blessed. I didn't play around and my wife has been always well kept. Its not luck, you hold your destiny in your hands. Make the right choice today.

The preference is a virgin, or even a non-virgin who changes and realizes the value of life. Sex is not worth dying for!
Re: [poll] Would You Prefer to Marry a Virgin? by Cleofel(f): 10:47pm On Aug 22, 2006
i dont see anything wrong with getting married to a girl who is not virgin cux there is no man on earth who gets married before having sex.
men always prefer virgins but they are the same men who who disvirgin girls and damp them so how do they expect the girls to be virgins before they marry them?
i blame men 4 that but sometimes i blame some girls as well 4 allowing themselves to be used and damped as a tissue paper.
Re: [poll] Would You Prefer to Marry a Virgin? by Hotstepper(f): 2:05am On Aug 23, 2006
@experience, true talk
Re: [poll] Would You Prefer to Marry a Virgin? by Nobody: 1:09pm On Sep 20, 2006
yes
Re: [poll] Would You Prefer to Marry a Virgin? by kolabode: 2:24pm On Sep 20, 2006
I will marry the one that's not vargine because, we,ve to put ourself into practice to know weather will can satisfy ourself i dont want a situation whereby i will marry i or my wife will be looking outside.
Re: [poll] Would You Prefer to Marry a Virgin? by kelvinO(m): 2:31pm On Sep 20, 2006
love has nothing to do with been a virgin or not.
Re: [poll] Would You Prefer to Marry a Virgin? by dominobaby(f): 6:42pm On Sep 20, 2006
Experience, rightly said.
Olodo, men, you amaze me, do you actually believe that crap of a theory?
Re: [poll] Would You Prefer to Marry a Virgin? by goodguy(m): 9:22pm On Sep 20, 2006
experience, you're truely experienced.  Kudos to you for those words of wisdom. wink

Cleofel:

there is no man on earth who gets married before having sex.
Wow!  What generalisation!  It isn't a wise thing at all to generalise.
Re: [poll] Would You Prefer to Marry a Virgin? by momoney1(m): 1:16am On Sep 22, 2006
experience thanx for that.

for me i'm a changed man grin

and you girls keep your legs shut shocked

i dont want those temptations no more wink

but if you must open it, do it in the dark cool

so i don't see it unless by mistake grin
Re: [poll] Would You Prefer to Marry a Virgin? by ThoniaSlim(f): 3:49pm On Sep 22, 2006
@ Gentletee
kiss
really really funny  grin,how most guys are saying i don't want a virgin,i don't know why some people are just hypocrites.why in their hearts they are saying (i wish i could marry a virgin)but they got to cover up by saying they do not want a virgin cause they know they can never marry one because of the wild oats they ve sowed. as for the issue of sexual compatibility its utter bullshit,i totally agree with seun on that issue.and also for whitelexi who said he would divorce his wife if she is a virgin, if God give you a good lady,just because she is a virgin.go ahead and divorce her,u hear. grin
Re: [poll] Would You Prefer to Marry a Virgin? by sage(m): 6:45pm On Sep 22, 2006
ThoniaSlim:

@ Gentletee
kiss
really really funny  grin,how most guys are saying i don't want a virgin,i don't know why some people are just hypocrites.why in their hearts they are saying (i wish i could marry a virgin)but they got to cover up by saying they do not want a virgin cause they know they can never marry one because of the wild oats they ve sowed. as for the issue of sexual compatibility its utter bullshit,i totally agree with seun on that issue.and also for whitelexi who said he would divorce his wife if she is a virgin, if God give you a good lady,just because she is a virgin.go ahead and divorce her,u hear. grin
grin. I don't think any man would lie about that. If u started this thread some of the guys who stated there views i think are now even married eg Vieira or have deflowered a girl b/4 eg Mamba so i don't think its a Myth to them. No need 4 a grown man to lie about rubbish like that on the net.

And Hypotetically speaking, its good beign a man and a disadvantage beign a woman because

1 I don't have to worry about beign devalued after having sex once.

2 I am not regarded as beign of higher value because ive not had sex (like expeience said) and of lower value if i have sex once

3 I don't have to stick and cling to an abusive marriage because i fear that no other man will want someone that another man has used and devalued

4 I don't have to worry about living the rest of my life without good sex because even if i don't have  good chemistry with my wife, i can always have hot sexy momas outside giving me the real stuff

5 I can always sleep with 42 women and marry a virgin and if she is boring in bed, i will have like 3 mistresses outside who can and will always blow my mind  grin cool

WHAT A WONDERFUL WORLD THE NIGERIAN MAN LIVES IN  cheesy
Re: [poll] Would You Prefer to Marry a Virgin? by Memunah(f): 4:57pm On Sep 24, 2006
DID YOU SAY "A VIRGIN"HELL NO!!!!I DONT CARE IF YOU ARE A VIRGIN OR NOT.WHAT MATTERS IS MY FEELINGS FOR THE GUY AND NOT SOME VIRGINITY STUFF
Re: [poll] Would You Prefer to Marry a Virgin? by kokoletz(m): 5:08pm On Sep 24, 2006
Men if my girl is not a virgin then she shuld 4get it final.

1 Like

Re: [poll] Would You Prefer to Marry a Virgin? by sage(m): 12:43am On Sep 25, 2006
kokoletz:

Men if my girl is not a virgin then she shuld forget it final.

grin cheesy
u should ask urself if u are one first tongue
Re: [poll] Would You Prefer to Marry a Virgin? by Wumine(f): 9:47pm On Sep 25, 2006
to the guys:
its an honour really to marry a virgin but how many girls have you disvirgined?i think some of you are not being fair to those that are not. you should know the girl you disvirgined is someones wife. Being a virgin or not doesnt determine your faithfulness in marriage, it depends on you. Had a boyfriend that i've been faithful to for over 7yrs (thou he went astray along the road) and i cant imagine ever cheating on my husband, God forbid!

BUT REALLY ITS BETTER TO BE A VIRGIN, THERE'S MORE RESPECT IN IT.

1 Like

Re: [poll] Would You Prefer to Marry a Virgin? by Nobody: 10:10pm On Sep 27, 2006
@mo money
we both stay in ph and mind u will ph girls allow u to practice your new found faith? cool

why do we draw up these lines, men always look for a reason to discriminate.
young guys would be looking for girls to devour then turn around to marry fresh meat so who are u leavin the devoured for?

when love is involve these questions don't matter because your suppose to be blindly in love but when u run the show with your brain u tend to look for characteristics to support your claim. just like prov would say we would try as much as we can to convince men that we r right but the question is simple, is God convinced?

well according to "experience" if u miss out in marryin gur friend then u have lost it all
make sure u marry your friend either a virgin or not.

if am in love with u i don't care if your experienced and if your not i know i can be a good teacher cool

@wumie
your correct bein a virgin does not determien if u would be faithful or not
it sure depends on u .
as for your question there is no respect in nothing it is all a mind illusion

because i know some virgins that i ahev counselled one way or the other that wished they hav don it infact the do it to them selves daily in private(masturbation)
and like i always say bein a virgin may not be honour it might simply mean lack of opportunity most probably your not beautiful enough to be wooed by guys at a young age grin
Re: [poll] Would You Prefer to Marry a Virgin? by niteflight: 10:47am On Sep 30, 2006
Marrying a virgin isn't about sex, it's about the values that the person has. Someone that is willing to wait for marriage has strong convictions. Those strong convictions are what make a marriage strong and more likely to succeed! A girl that has given herself to one guy after another in search of a good time, is going to make for a very risky bet for the person that wishes to marry for a meaningful and lasting relationship. I would be horrified at the thought of marrying another man's plaything (a good time girl). When someone enters into and leaves a relationship so easily, they are saying to the world that they have committment issues and that they should be avoided by those who wish for more in a relationship. If a woman isn't willing to wait for her marriage chances are she isn't really concerned about marriage in the first place and in all likelyhood, won't be much of a wife morally speaking. Also having sex repeatedly with one person after another speaks very poorly of one's judgement. Why would anybody want to be envolved , not to mention marry such a poor decision maker! People enter into relationships today all to easily, and they leave relationships, just as easily. Committment has come to mean very little in todays world. People that sleep around not only have no respect for the person that they one day may marry, but they also have no respect for themselves!

1 Like

Re: [poll] Would You Prefer to Marry a Virgin? by kokoletz(m): 10:53am On Sep 30, 2006
Fact o!

1 Like

Re: [poll] Would You Prefer to Marry a Virgin? by chukymoney(m): 9:25pm On Sep 30, 2006
those of you that prefer non virgins,what of after marriage you found out that she has H.I.V or other s.t.d's,abeg if it happens that is the virgin u love,teach am how to do am,practices make perfect,forget experience,abi na work una dey find,

1 Like

Re: [poll] Would You Prefer to Marry a Virgin? by onnet: 4:14pm On Oct 02, 2006
Omo I only have principles to judge that: 1. If I get to no my girl friend is still a virgin omo love just start be that 2. I don’t like tokubo girl 3.if I don dis virgin any girl before I will not marry a virgin

1 Like

Re: [poll] Would You Prefer to Marry a Virgin? by Nobody: 5:27am On Oct 03, 2006
I guess it's about the same thing - everyone was once a virgin smiley
Re: [poll] Would You Prefer to Marry a Virgin? by Sista(f): 5:33am On Oct 03, 2006
I would marry the one who is not a virgin. I am not a virgin and I think it is only fare to leave virgns for other virgins and just keep having fun with a non virgin grin
Re: [poll] Would You Prefer to Marry a Virgin? by acidrop(f): 5:35am On Oct 03, 2006
i agree with u, if u are not a virgin, marry a guy that is not a virgin as well, and for those virgin marry a virgin, oh God the world will be so much easier like that cool
Re: [poll] Would You Prefer to Marry a Virgin? by Nobody: 5:41am On Oct 03, 2006
Marry Anybody pleaseeee smiley

(1) (2) (3) ... (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) ... (47) (Reply)

Hilarious .. Most guyz are guilty of this (pic) / After Sex Proposal / Epileptic Woman Dies During Sex Romp With Married Man In His Lagos Home

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.