Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,181,893 members, 7,915,607 topics. Date: Friday, 09 August 2024 at 07:47 AM

The True Extent Of Alaigbo (Igboland) - Culture (15) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / The True Extent Of Alaigbo (Igboland) (134287 Views)

Daybreak In Udi: An Exposé Of British Colonization Schemes In Igboland / Does Culture Define The Way Nigerian Men Act In Relationships To A Large Extent? / Colonial Alaigbo (Igboland) in Pictures (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) ... (70) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The True Extent Of Alaigbo (Igboland) by EzeUche22(m): 2:59pm On Aug 23, 2010
ChinenyeN:

grin Bros, a begi, calm bodi down naa. Hypertenshion no guud.
. . . and this concerns Ngwa, how? 

Do not forget Ngwa boy that my people have defeat you all in battle. Never forget that. This is all that I am saying. . . cool
Re: The True Extent Of Alaigbo (Igboland) by ijawgirl: 3:03pm On Aug 23, 2010
said this bf

*The meaning of Bonny is beautiful, attractive-The name Bonny was used to describe the Ibani homeland by the Portuguese  on arrival, and subsequently became the name of the place. Not a bastardized English word for Ubani-bullcrap

*The original name for Bonny is Okoloama actually means eurasian curlew(the white bird) town or land. When Alagbariye and co arrived on the island, it was full of curlews so they named it after the bird.

*Ubani was used by Igbo traders when referring to Bonny.
Re: The True Extent Of Alaigbo (Igboland) by ChinenyeN(m): 3:05pm On Aug 23, 2010
EzeUche22:

Do not forget Ngwa boy that my people have defeat you all in battle. Never forget that. This is all that I am saying. . .  cool
grin Nmogho la ijhimbe. . .
Re: The True Extent Of Alaigbo (Igboland) by Nobody: 3:13pm On Aug 23, 2010
EzeUche22:

Do not forget Ngwa boy that my people have defeat you all in battle. Never forget that. This is all that I am saying. . . cool

Hmm, I guess the mask is gradually slipping off.
Re: The True Extent Of Alaigbo (Igboland) by komando: 3:15pm On Aug 23, 2010
The meaning of Bonny is beautiful, attractive-The name Bonny was used to describe the Ibani homeland by the Portuguese  on arrival, and subsequently became the name of the place. Not a bastardized English word for Ubani-bullcrap*The original name for Bonny is Okolo-ama actually means eurasian curlew(the white bird) town or land. When Alagbariye and co sighted the island, it was full of curlews so they named it after the bird.*Ubani was used by Igbo traders when referring to Bonny. N
Ijaw girl, you have just sthrenthende the evidence that Ijaw land had many Igbos. I asked an Ijaw friend what ama means. He told me it means town. In igbo it also means town. Just guessing,but maybe the said okolo bird was introduced into your town by an Igbo trader called Okolo, hence the name Okolo Ama. Seriously, what we are saying is that Igbos like Jaja were real.
Re: The True Extent Of Alaigbo (Igboland) by Obiagu1(m): 3:51pm On Aug 23, 2010
Who is this ChinenyeN sef? He seems to be a weird Igbo boy if actually he is Igbo. I’ve never seen or heard any Igbo from the 5 SE states sound like him so I’m suspicious of his identity. So weird!
Re: The True Extent Of Alaigbo (Igboland) by ChinenyeN(m): 3:54pm On Aug 23, 2010
Obiagu1:

Who is this ChinenyeN sef? He seems to be a weird Igbo boy if actually he is Igbo. I’ve never seen or heard any Igbo from the 5 SE states sound like him so I’m suspicious of his identity. So weird!
A band wagoner, if I ever saw one. grin
Re: The True Extent Of Alaigbo (Igboland) by EzeUche22(m): 3:54pm On Aug 23, 2010
Obiagu1:

Gbam!

But do not pay him any attention. He is a confused Igbo boy who was raised in the U.S. and never visited Alaigbo. His words can only be taken with a grain of salt.
Re: The True Extent Of Alaigbo (Igboland) by ChinenyeN(m): 3:55pm On Aug 23, 2010
EzeUche22:

But do not pay him any attention. He is a confused Igbo boy who was raised in the U.S. and never visited Alaigbo. His words can only be taken with a grain of salt.
Lies, lies and more lies.
Re: The True Extent Of Alaigbo (Igboland) by EzeUche22(m): 3:58pm On Aug 23, 2010
ChinenyeN:

What is a lie?

You have not visited Alaigbo. TRUTH

You were raised in the states. TRUTH

You do not know what you are talking about concerning Igbo issues. TRUTH

This is why people get upset with you. Because if you were raised in Alaigbo, you would know that we do not talk in such a way.
Re: The True Extent Of Alaigbo (Igboland) by ChinenyeN(m): 4:00pm On Aug 23, 2010
. . . and he continues the lies. . . although, the states part holds some truth.
Re: The True Extent Of Alaigbo (Igboland) by ijawgirl: 4:00pm On Aug 23, 2010
komando:

Ijaw girl, you have just sthrenthende the evidence that Ijaw land had many Igbos. I asked an Ijaw friend what ama means. He told me it means town. In igbo it also means town. Just guessing,but maybe the said okolo bird was introduced into your town by an Igbo trader called Okolo, hence the name Okolo Ama. Seriously, what we are saying is that Igbos like Jaja were real.

we are definitely going to have similar words due to Igbo presence and influence in Bonny.
Re: The True Extent Of Alaigbo (Igboland) by ijawgirl: 4:01pm On Aug 23, 2010
edited
Re: The True Extent Of Alaigbo (Igboland) by EzeUche22(m): 4:02pm On Aug 23, 2010
ChinenyeN:

. . . and he continues the lies. . . the states part is true though.

Tell us ChinenyeN, have you ever visited Alaigbo? If you haven't, then you cannot talk to someone who was raised in Igboland about the situation on the ground.

Most of the Igbos commenting on this thread have lived in Igboland. Our experiences shape our views.
Re: The True Extent Of Alaigbo (Igboland) by seanet02: 4:04pm On Aug 23, 2010
ChinenyeN:

EZE UCHE STAND FOR NOTHING BUT LIES.
Re: The True Extent Of Alaigbo (Igboland) by ChinenyeN(m): 4:04pm On Aug 23, 2010
EzeUche22:

Tell us ChinenyeN, have you ever visited Alaigbo? If you haven't, then you cannot talk to someone who was raised in Igboland about the situation on the ground.

Most of the Igbos commenting on this thread have lived in Igboland. Our experiences shape our views.
Actually, yes, I have, and this topic has already been covered, earlier this year, by you, 006, asha 80 and I.

seanet02:

EZE UCHE STAND FOR NOTHING BUT LIES.
Well, not entirely. I admit, he does get ahead of himself in many of his claims, but I wouldn't really say that he stands for nothing, but lies. There are many instances where there is truth in what he says. .  he just has to learn to word it.
Re: The True Extent Of Alaigbo (Igboland) by komando: 4:04pm On Aug 23, 2010
we are both saying the same thing, except I don't understand the albariye comment. Was that meant to be an insult?
Re: The True Extent Of Alaigbo (Igboland) by EzeUche22(m): 4:06pm On Aug 23, 2010
ChinenyeN:

Actually, yes, I have, and this topic has already been covered, earlier this year, by you, 006, asha 80 and I.
Well, not entirely. I admit, he does get ahead of himself in many of his claims, but I wouldn't really say that he stands for nothing, but lies. There are many instances where there is truth in what he says. . he just has to learn to word it.

LIES!

You told us all you have not visited Alaigbo! And you included that you have never visited your village.
Re: The True Extent Of Alaigbo (Igboland) by Obiagu1(m): 4:06pm On Aug 23, 2010
EzeUche22:

Gbam!

I see. Why is he so forceful about his lone voice/view and overly divisive? Still weird to me. sad
Re: The True Extent Of Alaigbo (Igboland) by ChinenyeN(m): 4:07pm On Aug 23, 2010
EzeUche22:

LIES!

You told us all you have not visited Alaigbo! And you included that you have never visited your village.
NL post history will do the talking for me on this one. grin EzeUche, calm bodi down. It's really starting to amaze me the way you're worrying yourself over someone like me. I'm not necessary or detrimental to any cause of yours. So be cool.
Re: The True Extent Of Alaigbo (Igboland) by komando: 4:08pm On Aug 23, 2010
Quote from seanet Lies, lies and more lies. EZE UCHE STAND FOR NOTHING BUT LIES.

Hey! Senet don carry him madness conme for this place? O pari oh!
Re: The True Extent Of Alaigbo (Igboland) by EzeUche22(m): 4:09pm On Aug 23, 2010
Obiagu1:

I see. Why is he so forceful about his lone voice/view and overly divisive? Still weird to me.

Some older NL members once said the reason why he is so foreful about his lone views, because he interacted with his clan when he was younger and not with other Igbo clans. That is why he looks inwards. His views are very weird to me as well.

You can tell he has never lived in Igboland.
Re: The True Extent Of Alaigbo (Igboland) by seanet02: 4:10pm On Aug 23, 2010
komando:

Quote from seanet Lies, lies and more lies. EZE UCHE STAND FOR NOTHING BUT LIES.

Hey! Senet don carry him madness conme for this place? O pari oh!

slowpoke
Re: The True Extent Of Alaigbo (Igboland) by EzeUche22(m): 4:12pm On Aug 23, 2010
ChinenyeN,

Go back to defending Igbos as a whole and you shall have my respect again. I find some of your post very divisive when we Igbos are trying to unite.
Re: The True Extent Of Alaigbo (Igboland) by ChinenyeN(m): 4:13pm On Aug 23, 2010
EzeUche22:

ChinenyeN,

Go back to defending Igbos as a whole and you shall have my respect again. I find some of your post very divisive when we Igbos are trying to unite.
Hmm. . You still have yet to explain to me how I cause division. In fact, I'm not the one getting worked up over someone else's identity, shouting obscenities, and making comments like "I wish I could beat the Igbo into you". Your attitude sef isn't helping to foster any non-division (that is, IF we are actually experiencing division, in the first place). So, you seriously failed on this one, sir.
Re: The True Extent Of Alaigbo (Igboland) by seanet02: 4:14pm On Aug 23, 2010
EzeUche22:

ChinenyeN,

Go back to defending Igbos as a whole and you shall have my respect again.
SO YOU EXPECT SOMEONE TO SUPPORT YOU WHEN YOU ARE CLEARLY ALWAYS REASONING WITHOUT THINKING
Re: The True Extent Of Alaigbo (Igboland) by komando: 4:17pm On Aug 23, 2010
@ seanet
Your face ai'nt a thinking face.
Re: The True Extent Of Alaigbo (Igboland) by EzeUche22(m): 4:19pm On Aug 23, 2010
seanet02:

SO YOU EXPECT SOMEONE TO SUPPORT YOU WHEN YOU ARE CLEARLY ALWAYS REASONING WITHOUT THINKING

When did I give you permission to talk to me?
Re: The True Extent Of Alaigbo (Igboland) by Abagworo(m): 4:19pm On Aug 23, 2010
Btw.okoroama is igbo name and ubani is igbo name.search on facebook.there is no need denying your origin.accept the fact that you are ijaw with igbo origin and move on.
Re: The True Extent Of Alaigbo (Igboland) by seanet02: 4:20pm On Aug 23, 2010
EzeUche22:

When did I give you permission to talk to me?

SORRY MR. DICTATOR THAT OWNS NAIRALAND

komando:

@ seanet
Your face ai'nt a thinking face.

SO THEY USE FACE TO THINK IN YOUR VILLAGE
Re: The True Extent Of Alaigbo (Igboland) by Obiagu1(m): 4:21pm On Aug 23, 2010
EzeUche22:

Some older NL members once said the reason why he is so foreful about his lone views, because he interacted with his clan when he was younger and not with other Igbo clans. That is why he looks inwards. His views are very weird to me as well.

You can tell he has never lived in Igboland.

Well, I’ll leave it to him but I think some growing up is needed. I feel one ought to have lived in a place (Igboland) to have a balanced view/opinion and fully understand the culture whether you’re already Igbo or not.
Re: The True Extent Of Alaigbo (Igboland) by komando: 4:23pm On Aug 23, 2010
Dgvjrhbuyhbx

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) ... (70) (Reply)

Do You Consider Somalis As Black? / Post your photos of Igbo village houses here / Yoruba Hebrew Heritage

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.