Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,169,744 members, 7,875,859 topics. Date: Saturday, 29 June 2024 at 11:44 PM

Jonathan Declaration: Live Updates - ALL Pdp Govs Present, Bar Saraki - Politics (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Jonathan Declaration: Live Updates - ALL Pdp Govs Present, Bar Saraki (16941 Views)

Magnus Abe Wins, As Appeal Court Sacks All PDP Senators In Rivers State / Jonathan’s Declaration To Hold In Six World Cities / Rabiu Kwankwaso Presidential Declaration, Live On Ait. Pictures. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Jonathan Declaration: Live Updates - ALL Pdp Govs Present, Bar Saraki by truly: 10:18pm On Sep 18, 2010
Beaf:

Interesting! shocked shocked shocked shocked
What exactly did you debunk and who said it? cos I'm thinking you're "debunking" your very own assertions here.
we de wait o!
You know that the picture of GEJ you have been painting is not really true!
If we were talking about an event of some decades in the past I can understand

GJ claims that he wanted free and fair elections and gave us an INEC of credible people
FACT - He changed Iwu due to pressure
You have claimed he is civil, took a motorist who ran into him to court
FACT - this is a legacy of Yaradua's rule of law philosophy

There is a limit to propaganda
But to say that those newspaper reports debunk my assertions is a new level that Goebbels would be proud of
Re: Jonathan Declaration: Live Updates - ALL Pdp Govs Present, Bar Saraki by Nobody: 10:20pm On Sep 18, 2010
Beaf:

Loosen up! It sounds really funny! And when I picture a guy actually hugging a transformer I totally crack up! grin grin grin
same thoughts here. Very funny but yet, scary grin grin grin
Re: Jonathan Declaration: Live Updates - ALL Pdp Govs Present, Bar Saraki by monkeyleg: 10:22pm On Sep 18, 2010
I dont know why we are even bothering ourselves, Beaf and his cohorts can not even answer simple questions like what GJ did while he was Governor of Bayelsa state, and why he thinks Gj is better than the other candidates.
Re: Jonathan Declaration: Live Updates - ALL Pdp Govs Present, Bar Saraki by Beaf: 10:25pm On Sep 18, 2010
truly:

You know that the picture of GEJ you have been painting is not really true!
If we were talking about an event of some decades in the past I can understand

GJ claims that he wanted free and fair elections and gave us an INEC of credible people
FACT - He changed Iwu due to pressure
You have claimed he is civil, took a motorist who ran into him to court
FACT - this is a legacy of Yaradua's rule of law philosophy

There is a limit to propaganda
But to say that those newspaper reports debunk my assertions is a new level that Goebbels would be proud of

This is a bit like clutching at straws, because nothing above is even remotely important. The only things we remember are that GEJ has put an upright man as head of INEC and took a man who obstructed him to court, rather let his korofo's do physical justice to the man as would have been done in the past. If Yar Adua (RIP) introduced the rule of law philosophy, fine. The fact is that Jonathan practices it.
Re: Jonathan Declaration: Live Updates - ALL Pdp Govs Present, Bar Saraki by Beaf: 10:27pm On Sep 18, 2010
monkeyleg:

I dont know why we are even bothering ourselves, Beaf and his cohorts can not even answer simple questions like what GJ did while he was Governor of Bayelsa state, and why he thinks Gj is better than the other candidates.

Dude, I've told you if you have a complaint to make about his time in Bayelsa, then make it or exit the argument.
What is it you think Jonathan did not do correctly as governor of Bayelsa for 14 months?
If you know it, tell us and stop running around in circles, trying to give a dog a bad name.
Re: Jonathan Declaration: Live Updates - ALL Pdp Govs Present, Bar Saraki by debosky(m): 10:28pm On Sep 18, 2010
With the likes of Gemade, Akala and Anyim and others supporting GEJ's campaign, this looks like more of the same to me.

Sad to see Beaf so taken with GEJ - maybe it's regional sentiment, but there's been little or nothing to show he'll  be different to what we've gotten in the past - beyond declaring on FB that is.  undecided

No rational assessment of what his achievements are - sad to know that his birthplace/tribe hold more value than what he can contribute to Nigeria.  undecided

We've heard flowing speeches before, we've heard poverty to riches stories before. . . .I hope I'm wrong, but I'm not very optimistic at the moment.
Re: Jonathan Declaration: Live Updates - ALL Pdp Govs Present, Bar Saraki by Nobody: 10:30pm On Sep 18, 2010
Beaf:

[size=15pt]This is a bit like clutching at straws[/size], because nothing above is even remotely important. The only things we remember are that GEJ has put an upright man as head of INEC and took a man who obstructed him to court, rather let his korofo's do physical justice to the man as would have been done in the past. If Yar Adua (RIP) introduced the rule of law philosophy, fine. The fact is that Jonathan practices it.

Dude, I've told you if you have a complaint to make about his time in Bayelsa, then make it or exit the argument.
What is it you think Jonathan did not do correctly as governor of Bayelsa for 14 months?
If you know it, tell us and stop running around in circles, trying to give a dog a bad name.
Why dont u tell them to go and drink acid or hug a transformer? Sounds like a better response to me   grin grin grin
Re: Jonathan Declaration: Live Updates - ALL Pdp Govs Present, Bar Saraki by Beaf: 10:33pm On Sep 18, 2010
debosky:

With the likes of Gemade, Akala and Anyim and others supporting GEJ's campaign, this looks like more of the same to me.

Sad to see Beaf so taken with GEJ - maybe it's regional sentiment, but there's been little or nothing to show he'll  be different to what we've gotten in the past - beyond declaring on FB that is.  undecided

No rational assessment of what his achievements are - sad to know that his birthplace/tribe hold more value than what he can contribute to Nigeria.  undecided

We've heard flowing speeches before, we've heard poverty to riches stories before. . . .I hope I'm wrong, but I'm not very optimistic at the moment.

I don't know what you mean by regional sentiment. You might want to ask me why I support Jonathan, and I'll tell you, but it might take pages of discussion and very deep analysis that some folk here would find anathema.
The people you have mentioned are all PDP bigwigs, no other people were expected to be there. I don't know of any non-party member that gave a speech either.
Re: Jonathan Declaration: Live Updates - ALL Pdp Govs Present, Bar Saraki by truly: 10:33pm On Sep 18, 2010
Beaf:

Is this meant to be about Jonathan? IBB is the original thug, so you really are stretching things.
It is about PDP
And if GEJ remains in PDP, he is part of the nest of killers, garrison/do-or-die donor democracy
Re: Jonathan Declaration: Live Updates - ALL Pdp Govs Present, Bar Saraki by Beaf: 10:36pm On Sep 18, 2010
truly:

It is about PDP
And if GEJ remains in PDP, he is part of the nest of killers, garrison/do-or-die donor democracy

Yes, I agree that PDP is a rotten place to be. But then, so are all the other parties in Nigeria; its a sad reflection of the country.
We need someone with the guile and tact to fix things from within, cos political parties operate like a mafia.
Re: Jonathan Declaration: Live Updates - ALL Pdp Govs Present, Bar Saraki by Nobody: 10:37pm On Sep 18, 2010
Beaf:

I don't know what you mean by regional sentiment. You might want to ask me why I support Jonathan, and I'll tell you, but it might take pages of discussion and very deep analysis that some [size=14pt]folk here would find anathema[/size].
The people you have mentioned are all PDP bigwigs, no other people were expected to be there. I don't know of any non-party member that gave a speech either.
Just give us a tip of the iceberg, [size=14pt]if we dont like it, We will go and drink acid or hug the transformer[/size]
Re: Jonathan Declaration: Live Updates - ALL Pdp Govs Present, Bar Saraki by monkeyleg: 10:40pm On Sep 18, 2010
@Beaf,

Tell us why you support GJ, since you have blatantly refused to answer my previous questions, for lack of quality reponse, or should I say no answer at all.
Re: Jonathan Declaration: Live Updates - ALL Pdp Govs Present, Bar Saraki by ikeyman00(m): 10:42pm On Sep 18, 2010
BEAF

telll me what ur man did when he was a governor??
Re: Jonathan Declaration: Live Updates - ALL Pdp Govs Present, Bar Saraki by Beaf: 10:42pm On Sep 18, 2010
janus05:

Just give us a tip of the iceberg, [size=14pt]if we dont like it, We will go and drink acid or hug the transformer[/size]

Dude, you are misusing the large font. There is a certain trick to it, which you might learn in good time. cheesy
Re: Jonathan Declaration: Live Updates - ALL Pdp Govs Present, Bar Saraki by truly: 10:43pm On Sep 18, 2010
Beaf:

This is a bit like clutching at straws, because nothing above is even remotely important. The only things we remember are that GEJ has put an upright man as head of INEC and took a man who obstructed him to court, rather let his korofo's do physical justice to the man as would have been done in the past. If Yar Adua (RIP) introduced the rule of law philosophy, fine. The fact is that Jonathan practices it.
When Johnathan is telling us bared-faced lies, it is at the heart of the matter
when we debunk it, it is far from important
Actually in the law court, whatver is aserted by a witness can be targeted at cross examination

What is important is that his mind is not in the matter
He is not committed to it because he does nt believe in it
There is a bo.oby trap in the process - a lot of people will not be registered to vote anyway

Why would he not practice the rule of law he cannot because simply revertin back to thuggery without drawing undue attention to his dark side
and that action can be used as propaganda (without crediting it to Yaradua) as you have done severally
-
Re: Jonathan Declaration: Live Updates - ALL Pdp Govs Present, Bar Saraki by Beaf: 10:45pm On Sep 18, 2010
^
shocked shocked shocked
@truly, I don't recall you debunking anything. You just made lots of statements which really had little connection to the argument at hand.
Correct me if I'm wrong.

ikeyman00:

BEAF

telll me what your man did when he was a governor??

Just like me, you can find out for yourself if you are that interested. However, if his tenure as governor is what stops you coming over as a supporter, then you've got to tell us what it was that troubled you when he was governor of Bayelsa. Its so simple!
Re: Jonathan Declaration: Live Updates - ALL Pdp Govs Present, Bar Saraki by Nobody: 10:49pm On Sep 18, 2010
Beaf:

^
shocked shocked shocked
Dude, I don't recall you debunking anything. You just made lots of statements which really had little connection to the argument at hand.
Correct me if I'm wrong.

Just like me, you can find out for yourself if you are that interested. However, if his tenure as governor is what stops you coming over as a supporter, then you've got to tell us what it was that troubled you when he was governor of Bayelsa. Its so simple!
U need to try harder in d art of elusion
Re: Jonathan Declaration: Live Updates - ALL Pdp Govs Present, Bar Saraki by truly: 10:52pm On Sep 18, 2010
Tippy Top:

In the interest of fairness do the same on Babangida and tell me if his brutal regime come off to much ethical  scrutiny.
This thread is about Johnathan not IBB
If you open up IBB's thread, I will contribute
With some people eulogising him, we need to balance the story
And the people eulogising have been telling us that GEJ is a saint (in PDP! and in Nigerian politics)
while IBB is the devil's reincarnate - you did not ask them for balance

To be fair, you should open up a thread for ALL aspirants and ask people to comment about them all
Afterall there is Gusau, Atiku and Saraki
Tippy Top:

By all means yes, but you come across with the quaint notion that the  Babangida years were rosy.
Go and check my posts to confirm
You will require admin rights and personally (and illegally) edit my posts to be able to make this charge stick
Re: Jonathan Declaration: Live Updates - ALL Pdp Govs Present, Bar Saraki by Beaf: 10:54pm On Sep 18, 2010
^
Yes GEJ is a saint compared to the pit of vipers that is Nigerian politics is. If you claim otherwise, prove it.
Re: Jonathan Declaration: Live Updates - ALL Pdp Govs Present, Bar Saraki by Jarus(m): 10:57pm On Sep 18, 2010
Hey all, please let's not throw civility to the dogs. Let's stop attacking beaf and face issues.
Thanks
Re: Jonathan Declaration: Live Updates - ALL Pdp Govs Present, Bar Saraki by fxmaxony(m): 10:59pm On Sep 18, 2010
I lack words if any body in Nigeria do think of working for IBB to come back to power
Re: Jonathan Declaration: Live Updates - ALL Pdp Govs Present, Bar Saraki by Nobody: 11:06pm On Sep 18, 2010
fxmaxony:

I lack words if any body in Nigeria do think of working for IBB to come back to power

Let's clear sthing here. This race is not between GEJ and IBB. IBB is going nowhere. IBB's history will definitely work against him. The question here is - Can GEJ record(if there are any) make him the winner?

We are still hoping to see more people declare n decisions will b made in individual homes n hearts over time. Nigeria is TOO Large to tolerate a one horse race
Re: Jonathan Declaration: Live Updates - ALL Pdp Govs Present, Bar Saraki by truly: 11:06pm On Sep 18, 2010
Beaf:

^
shocked shocked shocked
@truly, I don't recall you debunking anything. You just made lots of statements which really had little connection to the argument at hand.
Correct me if I'm wrong.

This is waht you said
Beaf:

You say that because Nigerians are used to being kicked around and treated like dirt by their rulers (not I said "rulers"wink. When we get a smart dude who is a gentleman, we call him "mumu."
Here is a guy whose motorcade was wilfully blocked by some dude in Abuja. You know what, that fellow was taken to court as would obtain in any civilised country; in the past, he would have been beaten to death on the spot and his family would never have seen his smashed body.
Jonathan is a very welcome breath of fresh air. We can see the way he takes decisions, with perfect timing and wisdom.

If I was to ask your reason for calling him a mumu, I am sure there will be nothing concrete.
I just said it is inherited - the practice comes from the immediate past - his predecessor

From Johnathan's speech
"I set the stage for free and fair elections by constituting an electoral commission comprising of Nigerians with impeccable credentials for firmness and incorruptibility"

Fact - he did not want to relieve Iwu of his job

Beaf - truth is sacred - there is no point ascribing to you what did you not say
If I offend you in error - I am ready to apologise
and I don't do abuses and insults

But it would be refreshing if you could admit the truth of some things we are saying

I did not wat to comment on this - but you have been repeating it
It is candidates - and GEJ - di that today who tell people what they have done
Rather than electorates being challenged to identify what they have not done
Re: Jonathan Declaration: Live Updates - ALL Pdp Govs Present, Bar Saraki by aikokoro: 11:10pm On Sep 18, 2010
I tink dis guy, GEJ, knows exactly what he wants to do achieve. he's really going to surprise a whole lot of people.
Re: Jonathan Declaration: Live Updates - ALL Pdp Govs Present, Bar Saraki by OAM4J: 11:11pm On Sep 18, 2010
Jarus:

Hey all, please let's not throw civility to the dogs. Let's stop attacking beaf and face issues.
Thanks

be like say Beaf self dey enjoy am. This contribution below should have ended the debate since for beaf.

BluStreak:

I'm not moved by the critics here who's got no better thing to do with themselves order than to pick holes in everything. Like someone rightly said, their psych has been so bruised that they can tell any longer good from bad. JEG's oratory without the aid of any material is first of its kind from a sitting or aspiring president in this country. I was clued to my tube and watched it from beginning to end. He was exceptional. Those ranting about accent, which Nigerian president in the past can be compared to his eloquence? Also bear in mind that he is not a linguist, neither is he british or american.

When references are made on Obama, I thought folks here slitting GEJ's throat would have been wise enough to know that the reference is on the content and sincerity of the speech. Those arguing that the speech is not detailed enough, I laugh. Did you guys forget so soon that he came to make a formal declaration of his intent to run for presidency? Its not a debate neither is he addressing the nation on his achievements. One thing you guys should understand; all ye GEJ critics is that, he is a man of few words. He has made significant progress within these few months he's been in power. He never shouted them before reaching those goals. I like his style.

About some of the political love-peddlers present at his declaration, you guys may well agree with me that this even is not a strictly by invitation type gathering. Every Nigerian citizen is entitled to be there. We know who we are concerned about that is the most important. Ya'll should cut this man some slack, he is miles the best in this race and even among the past leaders - dictators I mean. Go GEJ+A, we are solidly behind you. Nobody can rob this us of this devine provision.   
Re: Jonathan Declaration: Live Updates - ALL Pdp Govs Present, Bar Saraki by truly: 11:13pm On Sep 18, 2010
Beaf:

^
Yes GEJ is a saint compared to the pit of vipers that is Nigerian politics is. If you claim otherwise, prove it.
Preferring Nwodo to Ogbulafor (of the ID card scam)  is not saintly
Having a wife charged to court for $16.5m is not saintly
Being reluctant to sack Iwu is not saintly
Telling us that Yaradua was the one who put 3 planes in the budget and it is not for his use is not saintly
 he could have removed it from the budget and his plane having a problem in Ugadan means he will use it
What did have to hide about his assets
N16b for one day celebration while reserves are being drawn down and over 70m Nigerians live on less than N150 daily is unsaintly

Fashola- or Shekarau - the one that comes to mind readily would not do that
Re: Jonathan Declaration: Live Updates - ALL Pdp Govs Present, Bar Saraki by Beaf: 11:18pm On Sep 18, 2010
^
Those arguments are all tenuous and of little impact. There's nothing saying he is corrupt or dubious in any way. They are straws.
I am very sure Fashola has a myriad financial issues in Lagos, so lets not go there.

janus05:

Let's clear sthing here. This race is not between GEJ and IBB. IBB is going nowhere. IBB's history will definitely work against him. The question here is - Can GEJ record(if there are any) make him the winner?

We are still hoping to see more people declare n decisions will b made in individual homes n hearts over time. Nigeria is TOO Large to tolerate a one horse race

The race is between GEJ and IBB. You need to get your ear closer to the ground to understand what is going on in that country.
IBB foisted Obj on us, he has always been the unseen hand in Nigeria's politics since he "stepped aside." http://www.peoplesdaily-online.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=9691:my-pact-with-abacha-obasanjo-by-gen-babangida-&catid=109:cover&Itemid=181

After Obasanjo turned round and bit the hand that fed him, IBB quickly got in synch with Yar Adua's govt and restarted his evil teleguiding. IBB is the chieftain of the cabal that is why he was the person Turai (as powerful as she was) ran to; http://nationaldailyngr.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=630:turai-cuts-deal-with-ibb&catid=99:current-cover&Itemid=489

Yes, the battle is strictly between GEJ and IBB, between old and new. The moment IBB is defeated at the polls in 2011, is the moment Nigeria can begin breathing the air of freedom. There are no other actors in this battle.
Re: Jonathan Declaration: Live Updates - ALL Pdp Govs Present, Bar Saraki by houvest: 11:24pm On Sep 18, 2010
I have no iota of doubt that GEJ will win the PDP primaries but I fear that a serious North South rift will happen after that as IBB and co will do every thing to whip up Northern sentiments to win the election but will fail. They will now try and make Nigeria ungovernable for GEJ via riots,etc. I hope GEJ knows this is what Jallo means by options ABC and should try now to plan now his own options ABCD, ie A/ win the primaries B/ win the peace in PDP, C/ win the elections D/ win the peace in Nigeria. Plans for war or fighting should be a distant last resort by GEJ. I believe involving all in a dialogue in plans BCD must be on the table. I dont trhink anybody wants war. Talking and making concessions to massage hurt egos are all parts of political ways to solve national problems. Nigeria certainly will not survive another war unless both GEJ and Ibb want that break up secretly.
Re: Jonathan Declaration: Live Updates - ALL Pdp Govs Present, Bar Saraki by proudly9ja(m): 11:26pm On Sep 18, 2010
Beaf:

The race is between GEJ and IBB. You need to get your ear closer to the ground to understand what is going on in that country.
IBB foisted Obj on us, he has always been the unseen hand in Nigeria's politics since he "stepped aside." http://www.peoplesdaily-online.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=9691:my-pact-with-abacha-obasanjo-by-gen-babangida-&catid=109:cover&Itemid=181

After Obasanjo turned round and bit the hand that fed him, he quickly got in synch with Yar Adua's govt and restarted his evil teleguiding. IBB is the chieftain of the cabal that is why he was the person Turai (as powerful as she was) ran to; http://nationaldailyngr.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=630:turai-cuts-deal-with-ibb&catid=99:current-cover&Itemid=489

Yes, the battle is strictly between GEJ and IBB, between old and new. The moment IBB is defeated at the polls in 2011, is the moment Nigeria can begin breathing the air of freedom. There are no other actors in this war.

if this is truly a IBB vs GJ battle as you claim then we don't have to wait too long do we? Both will meet at the PDP primaries sin't it?
Re: Jonathan Declaration: Live Updates - ALL Pdp Govs Present, Bar Saraki by Nobody: 11:27pm On Sep 18, 2010
Beaf:

After Obasanjo turned round and bit the hand that fed him, he quickly got in synch with Yar Adua's govt and restarted his evil teleguiding. IBB is the chieftain of the cabal that is why he was the person Turai (as powerful as she was) ran to; http://nationaldailyngr.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=630:turai-cuts-deal-with-ibb&catid=99:current-cover&Itemid=489

Yes, the battle is strictly between GEJ and IBB, between old and new. The moment IBB is defeated at the polls in 2011, is the moment Nigeria can begin breathing the air of freedom. There are no other actors in this war.
I see that the GEJ camp is dreaming of running against a candidate that they feel is unpopular - IBB.  Sad enough, GEJ might find it difficult to beat IBB fairly [and he cannot be rigged out easily because he(IBB) holds a PHD like OBJ in rigging]. GEJ's camp should be careful what they wish for.
Re: Jonathan Declaration: Live Updates - ALL Pdp Govs Present, Bar Saraki by Beaf: 11:31pm On Sep 18, 2010
proudly9ja:

if this is truly a IBB vs GJ battle as you claim then we don't have to wait too long do we? Both will meet at the PDP primaries sin't it?

IBB is not going to give up after the primaries. He and Atiku are already battling to take over ANPP. If they don't succeed, as Houvest says, they have already threatened serious mayhem that will shake the unity of the country. Don't be decieved, it will not end with the PDP primaries.
Re: Jonathan Declaration: Live Updates - ALL Pdp Govs Present, Bar Saraki by aikokoro: 11:31pm On Sep 18, 2010
for those asking what GEJ has achieved, pls pardon my naivety. but I still wonder how come filling stations don't have queues any more. I mean some are even advertising N64/litre just to make sales. can you believe that? the funny thing is no noise from this guy. just like that fuel just full everywhere.

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply)

Edo 2016: Supplementary List For PDP National Campaign Council / Photos: Gov Ugwuanyi Leads Residents To Welcome Osinbajo At Enugu Airport / Civil Servants Demand N907,000 Minimum Wage, Give Reasons

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 89
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.