Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,169,749 members, 7,875,868 topics. Date: Sunday, 30 June 2024 at 12:04 AM

Jonathan Declaration: Live Updates - ALL Pdp Govs Present, Bar Saraki - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Jonathan Declaration: Live Updates - ALL Pdp Govs Present, Bar Saraki (16942 Views)

Magnus Abe Wins, As Appeal Court Sacks All PDP Senators In Rivers State / Jonathan’s Declaration To Hold In Six World Cities / Rabiu Kwankwaso Presidential Declaration, Live On Ait. Pictures. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Jonathan Declaration: Live Updates - ALL Pdp Govs Present, Bar Saraki by naso2(m): 2:33pm On Sep 18, 2010
KnowAll:

Is aliyu Babangida there. ?

We dont need his support. He has stated that his people of niger state are afraid that they may get the "cameroun treatment". I wonder what  that means anyway.
Re: Jonathan Declaration: Live Updates - ALL Pdp Govs Present, Bar Saraki by blinx4real(m): 2:34pm On Sep 18, 2010
1420: The embattled Ogun state governor, Gbenga Daniel, takes the stage. Not only is he fighting a battle for supremacy in his state, the IBB camp have accused him of double-dealing after Jonathan appointed him campaign coordinator for the Southwest. He is quite clear here on who he is supporting: "President today and president tomorrow," he says.

1419: The Oyo state governor, Christopher Alao-Akala, starts a rendition of "If you are happy and you know say Jega, " which gets the crowd excited.

1416: In a thinly veiled swipe at IBB, Martin Elechi, the Ebonyi state governor says: "Jonathan will not annul a free and fair election."

1413: Amidst all the excitement, we forgot to mention that another conspicuously absent person is former president, Olusegun Obasanjo. He was also missing from the IBB rally on Wednesday.

1408: Danjuma Goje, who represents Northern Nigeria, delivers a short speech and it can best be described as a diplomatic one. All he says is: "Nigeria is for Goodluck and Namadi and they are for Nigeria." It stops just short of an being an outright endorsement.

1405: Sule Lamido of Jigawa state, himslef rumoured to be a presidential candidate, steps forward and gives a glowing endorsement of Mr. Jonathan's candidature. Mr. Lamido is another governor who voted in support of zoning back in July.

1356: Another nominated campaign co-ordinator, Isa Yuguda of Bauchi state says: "We believe in your capacities. We want food and we know you can give us food."

1352: Gabriel Suswam of Benue state, representing North-Central zone, starts things off an unsurprisingly gives his support to President Jonathan.

1350: However before that, all the governors in attendance are being asked to come on stage to wave to the crowd.

courtesy : 234Next
Re: Jonathan Declaration: Live Updates - ALL Pdp Govs Present, Bar Saraki by Nobody: 2:34pm On Sep 18, 2010
yes the niger state governor is there and most of the northern governors here are not canvassing for vote for jonathan but just saying that pdp is their ultimate interest, so the game is becoming clearer, if i were jonathan i wouldnt have forced the pro zoning governors to come, it is spoiling his show and its making the undecided governors really think they can oppose him and still stand out.
Re: Jonathan Declaration: Live Updates - ALL Pdp Govs Present, Bar Saraki by Solomon227(m): 2:35pm On Sep 18, 2010
@ chucks

goodluck looks scared and the governors i see here most of them are yet to decide which candidate to vote.sincerely the governors that look sincere to support him are benue,kaduna,abia and enugu for now, i will update later, this game is getting interesting, i think some of the governors are just here for attendance sake.

Forget Goodluck's look abeg! Na so im dey look wey make the 'cabal' dey underestimate him. Na dsame look make OBJ and Govs believe dey can choose the PDP top-dogs against GEJ choice. Na like diz im go dey look and stay in Aso rock for another 4 years.

My prayer be say make im carry the same look develop the country.

Image is Nothing, Nigeria Development is Everything!
Re: Jonathan Declaration: Live Updates - ALL Pdp Govs Present, Bar Saraki by 4tune1(m): 2:37pm On Sep 18, 2010
Yeepa Akala don finish d calculation o. dat is JEGA=Jonathan Ebele Goodluck Azikiwe. what is he insinuating?
Re: Jonathan Declaration: Live Updates - ALL Pdp Govs Present, Bar Saraki by naso2(m): 2:41pm On Sep 18, 2010
4tune1:

Yeepa Akala don finish d calculation o. dat is JEGA=Jonathan Ebele Goodluck Azikiwe. what is he insinuating?

Akala belongs to the 1% bracket of nigerians with the lowest IQ.
Re: Jonathan Declaration: Live Updates - ALL Pdp Govs Present, Bar Saraki by Nobody: 2:42pm On Sep 18, 2010
how did oyo people elect a man like akala, he is a tout is he insinuating that JEGA will rig the election for GEJ? I pity oyo state, i am from imo state and i thought my governor was worse but sincerely akala is worse.
Re: Jonathan Declaration: Live Updates - ALL Pdp Govs Present, Bar Saraki by Kommentato(m): 2:42pm On Sep 18, 2010
Jarus:

This Akala is very dumb. How can he be associating Jonathan with JEGA. This is height of stupidity. I'm sure Jega and even GEJ himself will not be happy with this.
What a dumb statement from a governor. Where is INEC independence when you are abbreviating GEJ's name to mean Jega in an open campaign like this.
OMG, Akala is a fool

Well said bro.
Re: Jonathan Declaration: Live Updates - ALL Pdp Govs Present, Bar Saraki by Nobody: 2:43pm On Sep 18, 2010
4tune1:

Hahaha. I think he is not insinuating anything. He just said it.
Interesting
Re: Jonathan Declaration: Live Updates - ALL Pdp Govs Present, Bar Saraki by blinx4real(m): 2:45pm On Sep 18, 2010
14:25: The 'Chief servant of Niger state' Aliyu Babangida, starts off by asking the same question everyone is wondering: "What am I doing here?" He answers his question by saying that although he was supporting Babangida on Wednesday, "politics is about negotiation." He says all the PDP aspirants should work together to produce the best candidate and should not divide itself. Like his Gombe state counterpart, he does not give a clear endorsement.
Re: Jonathan Declaration: Live Updates - ALL Pdp Govs Present, Bar Saraki by Nobody: 2:46pm On Sep 18, 2010
chuks01:

yes the niger state governor is there and most of the northern governors here are not canvassing for vote for jonathan but just saying that pdp is their ultimate interest, so the game is becoming clearer, if i were jonathan i wouldnt have forced the pro zoning governors to come, it is spoiling his show and its making the undecided governors really think they can oppose him and still stand out.

The greatest concentration of sycophants the world has ever seen is at Eagle square now. Speaking of real support. I think the evil genius(IBB) has more grip than GEJ on the people behind him(IBB) because it takes guts to support such a candidate well in time. GEJ should x-ray his camp if he truly wants to move ahead.

Spoilers are more dangerous on board
Re: Jonathan Declaration: Live Updates - ALL Pdp Govs Present, Bar Saraki by Gamine(f): 2:47pm On Sep 18, 2010

Atmosphere at the rally
Re: Jonathan Declaration: Live Updates - ALL Pdp Govs Present, Bar Saraki by Solomon227(m): 2:49pm On Sep 18, 2010
@ chucks

You have refused to acknowledge that diz Govs are never used to winning elections without Aso Rock supports. They have faught a hard battle for their political lifes which they know is presently in GEJ hands as far as picking PDP tickets is corncerned.

They all need GEJ as much as he needs them. He has compromised a good number of issues to them and be sure that hasnt happened without some sealed deals.

GEJ can be anything but a fool to allow a PDP outsider like IBB outsmart him in d ensueing games.

GEJ is picking the PDP ticket but u may just not like what u will see at the PDP conventions.
Re: Jonathan Declaration: Live Updates - ALL Pdp Govs Present, Bar Saraki by Nobody: 2:50pm On Sep 18, 2010
Gamine:

Atmosphere at the rally

Tax payers money up in the air
Re: Jonathan Declaration: Live Updates - ALL Pdp Govs Present, Bar Saraki by Nobody: 2:51pm On Sep 18, 2010
5 fingers of a leprous hand 2010 edition
Re: Jonathan Declaration: Live Updates - ALL Pdp Govs Present, Bar Saraki by Solomon227(m): 2:52pm On Sep 18, 2010
@ janus05

The greatest concentration of sycophants the world has ever seen is at Eagle square now. Speaking of real support. I think the evil genius(IBB) has more grip than GEJ on the people behind him(IBB) because it takes guts to support such a candidate well in time. GEJ should x-ray his camp if he truly wants to move ahead.

Spoilers are more dangerous on board

U still dont get it.

Kepp your friends close but keep your foes even closer holding your ACE to your chest
Re: Jonathan Declaration: Live Updates - ALL Pdp Govs Present, Bar Saraki by Beaf: 2:54pm On Sep 18, 2010
Gamine:

Atmosphere at the rally

[size=14pt]Now, thats what you call an atmosphere. Not the anaemic, area boyish sham that was put together by Nigeria's version of Dracula.

The blood of dead babies, widows and the innocent is calling IBB to his doom. Calling, calling, calling, calling, calling, calling, calling, calling, calling, calling. . .
[/size]
Re: Jonathan Declaration: Live Updates - ALL Pdp Govs Present, Bar Saraki by Nobody: 2:56pm On Sep 18, 2010
Solomon227:

@ janus05

U still dont get it.

Kepp your friends close but keep your foes even closer holding your ACE to your chest
Well said. But need I remind u that the best way to fight is from within?
Re: Jonathan Declaration: Live Updates - ALL Pdp Govs Present, Bar Saraki by Agibecky: 2:58pm On Sep 18, 2010
I have posted my critical analysis on https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-515740.0.html.

What I see is the celebration of corruption and hypocrisy at the Eagle Square in Abuja.
Re: Jonathan Declaration: Live Updates - ALL Pdp Govs Present, Bar Saraki by Solomon227(m): 3:01pm On Sep 18, 2010
@ janus05

Well said. But need I remind u that the best way to fight is from within?

Exactly!

He talks less does his works on PDP central nervous system.
Re: Jonathan Declaration: Live Updates - ALL Pdp Govs Present, Bar Saraki by Nobody: 3:02pm On Sep 18, 2010
Agibecky:

I have posted my critical analysis on https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-515740.0.html.

What I see is the celebration of corruption and hypocrisy at the Eagle Square in Abuja.

U don finish the matter!
Re: Jonathan Declaration: Live Updates - ALL Pdp Govs Present, Bar Saraki by Beaf: 3:03pm On Sep 18, 2010
Agibecky:

. . .

Rubbish. . . And what did you see when IBB declared?
Re: Jonathan Declaration: Live Updates - ALL Pdp Govs Present, Bar Saraki by puffpuff: 3:03pm On Sep 18, 2010
What exactly is Oyo State Governor, Adebayo Alao-Akala insinuating? According to him, JEGA means Jonathan Ebele Goodluck Azikwe. This is immature, immodest and stupid statement coming from chief executive officer of a state. The statement is capable of heating up the polity.
Re: Jonathan Declaration: Live Updates - ALL Pdp Govs Present, Bar Saraki by Nobody: 3:05pm On Sep 18, 2010
Beaf:

Rubbish. . . And what did you see when IBB declared?

You are a pure thug

Your skills will be more suited in the creeks where touts triumph!!!!!!!!!
Re: Jonathan Declaration: Live Updates - ALL Pdp Govs Present, Bar Saraki by Nobody: 3:06pm On Sep 18, 2010
Solomon227:

@ janus05

Exactly!

He talks less does his works on PDP central nervous system.
U seem to b very sure of GEJ campaign strategy. An inner person I guess. You sound like someone is paying u. The only diff between u n alot of folks at Eagle square is that u r faceless. Sorry if I offended u, but that is the way I feel.
Re: Jonathan Declaration: Live Updates - ALL Pdp Govs Present, Bar Saraki by Nobody: 3:06pm On Sep 18, 2010
if ibb is the president like gej,you guys will see crowd like that, all the pdp govs would have be present on wednesday,those govs are there because of 2nd term or because of efcc,gej controls efcc. those people are there because gej is the happening man now,he has the power,the money.thevies like aninih,pius ayam,etc, are all there.same old creminals.God help nigeria.
Re: Jonathan Declaration: Live Updates - ALL Pdp Govs Present, Bar Saraki by blinx4real(m): 3:06pm On Sep 18, 2010
puffpuff:

What exactly is Oyo State Governor, Adebayo Alao-Akala is insinuating? According to him, JEGA means Jonathan Ebele Goodluck Azikwe. This is immature, immodest and unwarranted statement coming from chief executive officer of a state. The statement is capable of heating up the polity.
Alao Akala is famous for foolishness, there's no use debating why a he-goat smells, back to the issue at hand

1457: After a song by Sammy Okposo, Vice President Namadi Sambo is about to make his speech. Before him we had the remaining governors, then Dimeji Bankole and David Mark mount the podium one after the other. Only Godswill Akpabio, the Akwa Ibom state governor made an effort to touch on issues facing Nigerians day to day. He pointedly reminded everyone that it is almost impossible to travel from Lagos to Calabar by road these days.
Re: Jonathan Declaration: Live Updates - ALL Pdp Govs Present, Bar Saraki by Beaf: 3:06pm On Sep 18, 2010
krendo:

You are a pure thug

Your skills will be more suited in the creeks where touts triumph!!!!!!!!!

Thank you.

[size=14pt]. . .But, what did you see when IBB declared?[/size] cool
Re: Jonathan Declaration: Live Updates - ALL Pdp Govs Present, Bar Saraki by Nobody: 3:07pm On Sep 18, 2010
people of oyo state sorry i can imagine what this governor has put you guys through it is indeed a shame. i think he has confirmed he is worst governor nigeria has now.
Re: Jonathan Declaration: Live Updates - ALL Pdp Govs Present, Bar Saraki by Nobody: 3:08pm On Sep 18, 2010
Again and again;
Goodluck is a genuine inspiration to Nigerians irrespective of their background and we are very proud of him.
I'm highly delighted to see this mammoth crowd. he and Sambo are producing a good team. This will be a government of transformation
What you can see in Eagle square represents what Nigerians are feeling. The candidature of Goodluck Jonathan is a popular one.
Nigerians are ready for a new Nigeria. We have been wallowing in the past and this is a new dawn. For the little period he has been here there has been a lot of transformation in power and finance.
I don't think Nigeria has seen this kind of crowd in a long time. I shows how much the people want him. Nigeria needs a leader that will give them their desire.
Nigeria needs a young leader like the Obamas of this world. It will be tragic for Nigerians to allow those responsible for our past failures to come back and lead us.
The turn out is excellent: this is the man Nigeria has been waiting for and it is obvious.
Re: Jonathan Declaration: Live Updates - ALL Pdp Govs Present, Bar Saraki by Nobody: 3:11pm On Sep 18, 2010
Today is the begining of the end for someone's political career

Mark my words, folks just attended Jonathan's political funeral in advance.
Re: Jonathan Declaration: Live Updates - ALL Pdp Govs Present, Bar Saraki by Nobody: 3:13pm On Sep 18, 2010
sincerely goodluck jonathan looks so unpresidential, i mean his outlook.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply)

Debe Ojukwu: My Father’s Love Child Was A “Hidden Agenda” / Amaechi Inaugurates Governing Board Of NIMASA & NPA(photos) / PDP Primary In Kwara Stopped As Delegates Claim Ballots Have A Candidate's Name

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.