Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,830 members, 7,872,790 topics. Date: Wednesday, 26 June 2024 at 10:08 PM

Jonathan Declaration: Live Updates - ALL Pdp Govs Present, Bar Saraki - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Jonathan Declaration: Live Updates - ALL Pdp Govs Present, Bar Saraki (16937 Views)

Magnus Abe Wins, As Appeal Court Sacks All PDP Senators In Rivers State / Jonathan’s Declaration To Hold In Six World Cities / Rabiu Kwankwaso Presidential Declaration, Live On Ait. Pictures. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Jonathan Declaration: Live Updates - ALL Pdp Govs Present, Bar Saraki by Beaf: 1:50pm On Sep 18, 2010
Jonathan is an avalanche that just continues gaining force and momentum.
. . .Taking all with him, a cool behemoth, immovable, unstoppable, all conquering. . .
Re: Jonathan Declaration: Live Updates - ALL Pdp Govs Present, Bar Saraki by Solomon227(m): 1:50pm On Sep 18, 2010
@ Janus05

Always disrespectful as always. Dont preach abt boldness when u r hiding infront of your computer. See the light bro

I guess your cartoon is a great complement and a sign of respect for GEJ. Any1 paving d ways for d Evil1 deserves no respects from Nigerian masses
Re: Jonathan Declaration: Live Updates - ALL Pdp Govs Present, Bar Saraki by Beaf: 1:52pm On Sep 18, 2010
youngmonie:

In as much as i suport IBB , by what im seeingg, looks like  that guy has got pdp ticket, buh all di poiticins cannot be trusted, dey can be der supporting him now  nd den dey vote for some1 else in primaries

You are seeing the light like a pilgrim on the road to Damascus!
Cool Joe's got it in his back pocket.
Re: Jonathan Declaration: Live Updates - ALL Pdp Govs Present, Bar Saraki by Beaf: 1:53pm On Sep 18, 2010
1339: Another musical interlude. Not the first of the day and probably not the last,

1327: The stars have really come out today. Francis Duru leads a Nollywood delegation including Stephanie Okereke, Desmond Elliot, Chinyere Winfred, Okey Bakassi and a host of others. Kannywood actors and actresses are also represented. At the moment, President Jonathan seems to be ahead in terms of celebrity backing.
Re: Jonathan Declaration: Live Updates - ALL Pdp Govs Present, Bar Saraki by Solomon227(m): 1:54pm On Sep 18, 2010
@ Beaf

Please I hope u are recording this event. I am dying to see the video abeg
Re: Jonathan Declaration: Live Updates - ALL Pdp Govs Present, Bar Saraki by Beaf: 1:54pm On Sep 18, 2010
1340: A very significant twist in the tale here. Danjuma Goje has been asked to come on stage to represent the Northern governors. It is significant because the Gombe state governor has never hidden his opposition to President Jonathan's candidature. In fact he was one of the few PDP governors who attended Mr. Babangida's rally on Wednesday. His speech here could reveal an interesting U-turn,
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

. . .We are waiting! cool
Re: Jonathan Declaration: Live Updates - ALL Pdp Govs Present, Bar Saraki by Nobody: 1:55pm On Sep 18, 2010
1340: A very significant twist in the tale here. Danjuma Goje has been asked to come on stage to represent the Northern governors. It is significant because the Gombe state governor has never hidden his opposition to President Jonathan's candidature. In fact he was one of the few PDP governors who attended Mr. Babangida's rally on Wednesday. His speech here could reveal an interesting U-turn,

now this beats my imaginations,
Re: Jonathan Declaration: Live Updates - ALL Pdp Govs Present, Bar Saraki by Sharonf(f): 1:55pm On Sep 18, 2010
I see today that Nigeria is honestly not ready for the change we so desperately need.
Re: Jonathan Declaration: Live Updates - ALL Pdp Govs Present, Bar Saraki by Nobody: 1:56pm On Sep 18, 2010
I no get fuel for Gen bros. Keep on updating us. Many thanks
Re: Jonathan Declaration: Live Updates - ALL Pdp Govs Present, Bar Saraki by Nobody: 1:58pm On Sep 18, 2010
I see today that Nigeria is honestly not ready for the change we so desperately need.

Enlighten us more lipsrsealed
Re: Jonathan Declaration: Live Updates - ALL Pdp Govs Present, Bar Saraki by Beaf: 1:59pm On Sep 18, 2010
Solomon227:

@ Beaf

Please I hope u are recording this event. I am dying to see the video abeg

No, I'm not there. embarassed
I'm getting a priviledged feed from guys on the scene, you'll find very much the same stuff on a couple of websites.
Re: Jonathan Declaration: Live Updates - ALL Pdp Govs Present, Bar Saraki by Nobody: 1:59pm On Sep 18, 2010
I no get fuel for Gen bros. Keep on updating us. Many thanks

Blame IBB for your predicament grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Jonathan Declaration: Live Updates - ALL Pdp Govs Present, Bar Saraki by akelliah(m): 2:01pm On Sep 18, 2010
cheei!!!!!!! this country called Nigeria self,
there problems too much
see as Goodluck don old for less than one year when he state to rule
una sure say he go fit carry the load for another for years
Re: Jonathan Declaration: Live Updates - ALL Pdp Govs Present, Bar Saraki by KnowAll(m): 2:08pm On Sep 18, 2010
Can someone please tell me what Jonathan can achieve in 4 years, that is too short a time to acheive any meaningful development, he needs the full 8 years to make an impact in the Nigeria polity, all these conjectures " I would be there for only 4 years"  is a ruse.

Hopefully by the time he is in the 3rd year of his supposedly one term d benefits of democracy would be felt in d land making it easy for him to run for another 4 years. Afterall he is entitled to a 2 term like every Presidents in a Presidential system, if  his Godfather in no other person other than OBJ wanted to truncate d demographic process by running for a 3rd term how much more someone seeking a legitimate and legal right of running which is guranteed in d constituion.
Re: Jonathan Declaration: Live Updates - ALL Pdp Govs Present, Bar Saraki by naso2(m): 2:09pm On Sep 18, 2010
[size=25pt]oh Lord at the greatness of thy power,thy enemies have submitted.[/size]

[size=56pt]Operation Walkover !!!![/size]
Re: Jonathan Declaration: Live Updates - ALL Pdp Govs Present, Bar Saraki by Beaf: 2:12pm On Sep 18, 2010
^
Walkover in TOTALITY!!!!!! grin
Re: Jonathan Declaration: Live Updates - ALL Pdp Govs Present, Bar Saraki by Nobody: 2:12pm On Sep 18, 2010
babasoty:

Blame IBB for your predicament grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

IBB left power mmmmmm, more than 20yrs ago. Na the present day leaders we sabi
Re: Jonathan Declaration: Live Updates - ALL Pdp Govs Present, Bar Saraki by monkeyleg: 2:13pm On Sep 18, 2010
What do you call a gang of clueless rotten old bags, devoid of ideas, with Phd in stealing? Well it sounds like PDP. All the names I have heard mention belong to the same old brigade, so I am surprised that people can even sense any progress from that lot. Nigerians get the government they deserve
Re: Jonathan Declaration: Live Updates - ALL Pdp Govs Present, Bar Saraki by Nobody: 2:16pm On Sep 18, 2010
monkeyleg:

What do you call a gang of clueless rotten old bags, devoid of ideas, with Phd in stealing? Well it sounds like PDP. All the names I have heard mention belong to the same old brigade, so I am surprised that people can even sense any progress from that lot. Nigerians get the government they deserve

WELL SAID
Beaf:

^
Walkover in TOTALITY!!!!!! grin
save ur breath , workovers happen on the field, not on d web
Re: Jonathan Declaration: Live Updates - ALL Pdp Govs Present, Bar Saraki by Nobody: 2:16pm On Sep 18, 2010
goodluck looks scared and the governors i see here most of them are yet to decide which candidate to vote.sincerely the governors that look sincere to support him are benue,kaduna,abia and enugu for now, i will update later, this game is getting interesting, i think some of the governors are just here for attendance sake.
Re: Jonathan Declaration: Live Updates - ALL Pdp Govs Present, Bar Saraki by Beaf: 2:18pm On Sep 18, 2010
[size=14pt]2011 Presidency: At Jonathan's colourful public declaration[/size]
Joke Kujenya, Lagos 18/09/2010 12:42:00
Jonathan , presidential candidate for 2011 elections

PRESIDENT Goodluck Jonathan, about 11.29am Saturday, arrived the Eagles Square venue of his campaign inauguration in a white Coaster bus with some state governors.

Vice-President Namadi Sambo, who got to the scene earlier said:  "We have come to make a statement to Nigerians that we have arrived. Let the opposition know today that come 2011 we will remain in Aso Rock."

Former Senate President, Anyim Pius Anyim speaking for a section of the South-East zone acknowledged that the Eagles Square has never been so nicely organised despite the hordes of crowd present at the occasion.

The President, decked in his usual Niger Delta outfit acknowledge cheers from his scores of supporters.

He walked right ahead towards the podium alongside his wife, Dame Patience, and Vice-President, Arch. Namadai Sambo.

Shortly thereafter, Muslim cleric, Jonathan Zwingina lead the Islamic prayers calling on God to ensure a PDP victory as well as to bless Nigeria with leaders who do not steal.

Several musical and drama artistes were also on hand to spice the occasion.

Elegant Stallion, Ms. Onyeka Onwenu had from the commencement of the programme, entertained the President's supporters to assorted campaign-related songs.

As soon as the President got to his seat, his résumé was read out to the crowd.

The campaign theme inscribed on a bill-board reads: Nigeria's Transformation Begins -"and the theme song was: "Goodluc to you, Goodluck to me, Goodluck to everybody, "We don tire for bad luck, we want Goodluck" , "We will follow Goodluck Jonathan, we will stand by Goodluck Jonathan, anywhere he takes us, we will follow; we will follow Goodluck Jonathan, " were rendered amid speeches given by different speakers.

Roll-call of all the governors in attendance were reeled out.

Director-General, Goodluck Campaign Organisation (GCO), Dalhatu Tafida, a former Senator from Kaduna, in his opening remarks extols the President.

Tafida said Jonathan is a man of transformation and change adding that since the President assumed power, his monthly purchase of a drum of diesel had reduced.

Alhaji Bamanga Tukur, a business tycoon and PDP stalwart said that President Jonathan has "given Nigerians hope that governance can work."

Speaking for the North West zone, Isa Mohammed a former ambassador also recounted laudable things about President Jonathan.

Next on the line was Anyim Pius Anyim, who shouting on top of his voice pleaded among others that Nigerians and indeed the South eastern zone and Igbos in particular should offer Jonathan their unalloyed support.

Others that spoke in favour of the President include Barnabas Gemade, Joseph Wayas who said: "What you see in the Eagle Square represents what Nigerians are feeling. The candidature of Goodluck Jonathan is a popular one." Don Etiebet, Ojo Madueke, Solomon Lar, Vincent Ogbulafor, Tony Anenih, Matthew Tawo Mbu, a former foreign minister and several others were among the lot that graced the occasion and said one thing or another.

Senate President, David Mark and Speaker Dimeji Bankole were among the invited and present dignatories at the occasion; although, they said nothing. Olusegun Agagu also spoke on behalf of the South-West zone and the Yorubas.
Senator Anieite Okon, representing the South-South urged the constituents to recognise their son in the 2011 election.

Olawale Ajani James on behalf of the hundreds of youths present at the rally said: "and women were also present at the very colourful and well organised event.

Mrs Josephine Anenih, Women Affairs Minister in her Pidgin-English laden speech urged women and youths not to allow any old man to come and deceive them. She climbed the stage as she sang "If you see my Mama, Hosanna, tell am say, I dey with Goodluck, " with the support of Daddy Showky. Also chanting "We don win, we don win," she said "Na only Goodluck fit butter una bread; so make una know where una goodluck dey," as she ended her speech and went back to her seat.

Another female politician described President Jonathan as humble, respectful and someone who has actually given women due representation in his cabinet.

The occasion was  also spiced with various musical entertainments including that of Wande Cole's  ", Se na like dis we go dey dey, "; Weird MC and her team dressed in Nigeria's green-white-green colour as they sang , "Jonathan ntu le se, we need change, to start today, no more delay, make we arrange , go vote eee, " among others.

All the governors present also spoke one after the other reeling out President Jonathan's achievements in the last six months and pledging their support for him in the 2011 Presidential elections.

The event continues amid drizzles as President Jonathan watches with keen interest whispering to his wife from time-to-time.

http://thenationonlineng.net/web3/news-update/13635.html

. . .Showers of blessing!
Re: Jonathan Declaration: Live Updates - ALL Pdp Govs Present, Bar Saraki by Nobody: 2:20pm On Sep 18, 2010
chuks01:

goodluck looks scared and the governors i see here most of them are yet to decide which candidate to vote.sincerely the governors that look sincere to support him are benue,kaduna,abia and enugu for now, i will update later, this game is getting interesting, i think some of the governors are just here for attendance sake.
my bro, a pic they say is more than a thousand words.

Re: Jonathan Declaration: Live Updates - ALL Pdp Govs Present, Bar Saraki by slap1(m): 2:22pm On Sep 18, 2010
Keep it up ,Beaf! GEJ is the man. He may not be the best but we have seen these recycled men b4, a new adventure would do us little harm.
Re: Jonathan Declaration: Live Updates - ALL Pdp Govs Present, Bar Saraki by Nobody: 2:23pm On Sep 18, 2010
@janus i think goodluck has more work to do on these governors because if he is banking on them he has failed.many of them dont look and sound very convincing about his ticket. the pdp primaries is going to be very interesting. goodluck might loose the primaries from what i am seeing here.
Re: Jonathan Declaration: Live Updates - ALL Pdp Govs Present, Bar Saraki by Solomon227(m): 2:25pm On Sep 18, 2010
@ KnowAll

Can someone please tell me what Jonathan can achieve in 4 years, that is too short a time to acheive any meaningful development, he needs the full 8 years to make an impact in the Nigeria polity, all these conjectures " I would be there for only 4 years"  is a ruse.

Hopefully by the time he is in the 3rd year of his supposedly one term d benefits of democracy would be felt in d land making it easy for him to run for another 4 years. Afterall he is entitled to a 2 term like every Presidents in a Presidential system, if  his Godfather in no other person other than OBJ wanted to truncate d demographic process by running for a 3rd term how much more someone seeking a legitimate and legal right of running which is guranteed in d constituion.

Bros cool down ooo. GEJ never win PDP ticket and the general elction finish oo b/4 u don dey talk 2nd and 3rd term oo.

Most of us are 'stoning' the Evil Genius because he never kept his words in d past and we shuld not encourage GEJ not to honour his words ooo.

Contrary to your assertions GEJ can achieve a lot in 4 years some Govs (like Fashola and Oshiomole) have shown us it is not impossible and moreover there is a consistutional clause that says a person shall not be sworn in into an office more than 2 times.

Our supports for GEJ shuld not just stop at making him win the election but keeping him on his toes thereafter to make sure he delivers. We shud not be afraid to tell him we need power supply, good roads, reduction in corruption levels and others within d 4 years.
Re: Jonathan Declaration: Live Updates - ALL Pdp Govs Present, Bar Saraki by naso2(m): 2:26pm On Sep 18, 2010
chuks01:

You don be super mind reader,to be able to watch from TV screen and tell what is in the mind of the governors.

The four fo.o.ols(IBB,ATIKU,GUSAU,SARAKI) that the north is presenting is part of the reason for the growing support GEJ enjoys. Very soon you will hear they they have all stepped down for IBB. Treachery or not, IBB can never beat Jonathan to the PDP ticket.
Re: Jonathan Declaration: Live Updates - ALL Pdp Govs Present, Bar Saraki by Jarus(m): 2:26pm On Sep 18, 2010
This Akala is very dumb. How can he be associating Jonathan with JEGA. This is height of stupidity. I'm sure Jega and even GEJ himself will not be happy with this.
What a dumb statement from a governor. Where is INEC independence when you are abbreviating GEJ's name to mean Jega in an open campaign like this.
OMG, Akala is a fool
Re: Jonathan Declaration: Live Updates - ALL Pdp Govs Present, Bar Saraki by Nobody: 2:27pm On Sep 18, 2010
chuks01:

@janus i think goodluck has more work to do on these governors because if he is banking on them he has failed.many of them dont look and sound very convincing about his ticket. the pdp primaries is going to be very interesting. goodluck might loose the primaries from what i am seeing here.
Ya, it took him ages to assert himself. I am not even sure he has done that. He seems to be rather unsure of himself and who he is. The GREAT puppeteer(OBJ) should work on him more. For all I know, the game is about to leave some people heart-broken and embittered for the rest of their lives. Time will uneveil everything.
Re: Jonathan Declaration: Live Updates - ALL Pdp Govs Present, Bar Saraki by KnowAll(m): 2:28pm On Sep 18, 2010
Is aliyu Babangida there. ?
Re: Jonathan Declaration: Live Updates - ALL Pdp Govs Present, Bar Saraki by Beaf: 2:28pm On Sep 18, 2010
slap1:

Keep it up ,Beaf! GEJ is the man. He may not be the best but we have seen these recycled men b4, a new adventure would do us little harm.

Thanks dude! wink

@topic

[size=14pt]All hotels in Abuja are FULLY booked for GEJ's declaration, but for IBB, here's the inside info[/size] grin grin grin grin grin grin

[size=21pt]Crowd Rented For IBB’s Rally, Protesters Reveal All After Allowance Unpaid-PM News, Lagos[/size]
Posted: September 17, 2010 - 20:32
Posted by siteadmin
By Musa Aliyu from Minna

Startling revelations into how former military dictator, Gen. Ibrahim Badamasi Babangida,  IBB , rented a huge crowd during his 2011 presidential ambition declaration on Wednesday at  the Eagles Square in Abuja, Nigeria’s capital, have emerged.

•IBB’s Abuja Rally: IBB Mukeso for N5,000 each

P.M.NEWS checks have revealed that the desperate general, who annulled the freest election  in the country in 1993, rented at least 50 support groups and NGOs in the bid to hoodwink  unsuspecting Nigerians into believing that he has remained popular.

However, the secret was blown open when the rented crowd protested yesterday in front of  Niger State Government House in Minna over non payment of allowances promised them by the  State Government and politicians who contracted them for the rally.

“Forty-five 18-seater buses were hired to convey us to Abuja with a promise that each one  of us will be paid N5, 000. We fulfilled our own side. We went to Abuja, shouted and danced  for IBB. The whole world saw us but instead of Niger State government fulfilling their own  part, they all ran away living us with nothing,” Musa M. Rabo told journalists during the  protest.

Musa Ubale and Tijjani Umaru, leaders of other groups disclosed that they are not supporting  IBB but travelled to Abuja because of money.

He said: “We are not lovers of IBB but we were promised N5, 000 each.”

They alleged that food and allowances promised them were not given to them when they got to  Abuja.

“We left for Abuja as early as 7 a.m. on Wednesday from Minna and came back at about 1 a.m.  Thursday without breakfast, lunch or dinner. We were told that money was released by the  state government (Niger) but some few people want to hijack it,” a protester said.

When contacted, one of the leaders who hired the thugs confirmed that some of the groups are  yet to be paid as agreed with the group.

“Now I am in Abuja. Please, don’t mention my name please,” he pleaded.

Chairman IBB Vision 2011, Alhaji Ubale Marafa Kagara, said that they paid all the members  what was promised.

“Those you see protesting are not our members. We paid our people their money as promised.  You know, there are other groups from government side, some from PDP and others from NGOs  like us,” Kagara said.

P.M.NEWS learnt that Niger State government through the office of the Secretary to the State  government released money for mobilisation of youths and NGOs for the IBB support rally in  Abuja.

“That is why you see them in government house not IBB campaign office. Governor Ma’azu  Babangida has released money for the job,” says a government official who did not want his  name mentioned.

Special Assistant on Mobilization to Niger State government, Alhaji Yahuza Abdullahi, who  has been accused of withholding the money, was seen pleading with the protesters. He left  after he sighted journalists.

—Musa Aliyu/Minna

http://saharareporters.com/news-page/crowd-rented-ibb%E2%80%99s-rally-protesters-reveal-all-after-allowance-unpaid-pm-news-lagos
Re: Jonathan Declaration: Live Updates - ALL Pdp Govs Present, Bar Saraki by Nobody: 2:31pm On Sep 18, 2010
Jarus:

This Akala is very dumb. How can he be associating Jonathan with JEGA. This is height of stupidity. I'm sure Jega and even GEJ himself will not be happy with this.
What a dumb statement from a governor. Where is INEC independence when you are abbreviating GEJ's name to mean Jega in an open campaign like this.
OMG, Akala is a fool
Dont be surprised at Akala's remark. Alot of the smiling faces you see there nw are not really with Jonathan. Spoilers full there - for GEJ though.

Long live Nigeria
Re: Jonathan Declaration: Live Updates - ALL Pdp Govs Present, Bar Saraki by Nobody: 2:31pm On Sep 18, 2010
what most folks fail to realise is that the governors also need GEJ, and they don't have those delegates they always leverage with again, cus PDP has made it mandatory that if you gonna be a delegate you gonna resign and get voted for it, so the governors can only boast of their party chapters as theirs, that's if they don't control that, so the battle is really for the delegates election which the real power brokers for that is the party hierarchy, they can only boast of 30% no more 70% like before, so its a tough battle even for them

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply)

Bomb Blast In Maiduguri Just Now / PHOTOS "No Fuel" Trending On Twitter / Buhari Departs Abuja For Bayelsa To Attend Presidential Campaign (video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.