Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,183,952 members, 7,922,350 topics. Date: Friday, 16 August 2024 at 03:59 AM

Gej Nailed Finally- Okah Spills The Bin! - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Gej Nailed Finally- Okah Spills The Bin! (15356 Views)

The Message That Nailed Amaechi And Dakuku. Pictures. / "nzeogwu's Mentor" Spills The Beans (col Conrad Nwawo) / Gbenga Obasanjo's Wife Spills The Beans! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Gej Nailed Finally- Okah Spills The Bin! by Olaolufred(m): 2:33pm On Oct 05, 2010
Okah's Interview is nothing to loose sleep over, neither should a sane person be bothered by it.

Okah said, Has Okah become God that can not lie?

When one is paid to do a job, will he not do it well for future patronage?

Please, we must not assume any truth in his unprooved words.

How can someone speak and everybody accepts as if he is an Angel from heaven.

He knows his sponsors. Truth will be known later. Not that people will be taking his words as pure as God's words.
Re: Gej Nailed Finally- Okah Spills The Bin! by Solozzo(m): 2:36pm On Oct 05, 2010
in my opinion i think GEJ must be anxious aobut the implication of coming from a region known to display antiNigeria attitudes and violence towards the integrity of Nigeria. He may be affraid this would mar his political chances and therefore absolved MEND of the bomb blast offence. If anything happens again he is finished because he would have shown that he cannot protect Nigerians. His best bet is to deal decisively with the offenders and bring about means to stall the tide of violence to innocent lives . mEND is known to be violent and do not hide their actions in the past; whether they did it or not they need to be brought to book and further investigation carried out to unravel the extent of the network involved
Re: Gej Nailed Finally- Okah Spills The Bin! by Bawss1(m): 2:37pm On Oct 05, 2010
thiscounts:

THIS SCRIPT IS A COMPLEX ONE it is all targeted to bring down the whole nation, and we are the characters that would be directed to act out the script.
IT IS HAPPENING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Take a chill pill dude  smiley

Meanwhile all this he-said-she-said wouldn't have gotten to this level if GEJ had just kept quiet till all the facts are clear.
Re: Gej Nailed Finally- Okah Spills The Bin! by Pataki: 2:39pm On Oct 05, 2010
Beaf:

Dude, the Federal might does not extend to SA.
I think you are wrong here Mister. There is what you call international relations with other countries. And certain countries do acknowledge the obligations to respect and honour directives from countries they have international relations with.

If you have evidence to show that Federal might does not extend to SA, kindly show us.
Re: Gej Nailed Finally- Okah Spills The Bin! by Gbawe: 2:39pm On Oct 05, 2010
Solozzo:

@Gbawe
why will SA not give Okah all the priveledges when he and MEND had been absolved of guilt by the President himself. It is pathetic that a group would claim responsibility for an offence and then be absolved so prematurely. Particularly when MEND had a record of terrorist acts in the past and had threatened violence. Jonathan prefers to use the opportunity to fight his political enemies, rather than allow the normal run of police work

Add to this the notion that South Africa may not be interested in our low-level drama and soap opera grandstanding. We don carry our "do or die" wahala go meet others . I read that SA authorities only re-arrested Okah after GEJ threatened fire and brimstone to include the nationalization of MTN  shocked shocked shocked shocked Whatever the truth , the South Africans have the right to treat Okah's saga with cynicism because they may see a man being persecuted for political reasons. I certainly don't think SA would be this flippant if they genuinely believed Okah guilt is clearcut. Afterall , they initially arrested him and released him promptly for lack of evidence.
Re: Gej Nailed Finally- Okah Spills The Bin! by Nobody: 2:40pm On Oct 05, 2010
why will SA not give Okah all the priveledges when he and MEND had been absolved of guilt by the President himself. It is pathetic that a group would claim responsibility for an offence and then be absolved so prematurely. Particularly when MEND had a record of terrorist acts in the past and had threatened violence. Jonathan prefers to use the opportunity to fight his political enemies, rather than allow the normal run of police work

Okah is not MEND and MEND is not Okah, the major players in MEND have all dropped their arms, Okah was made a leader because he was the eldest and the most exposed and he could sell them arms, that was all, he had no control over anybody or any fighter; if he was that important do you think asari dokubo would be having problems with him? do you think boyloaf would be castigating him?, he has nobody to control that's why asari could tell him to go to hell after buying weapons from him and refusing to pay him, he is just a business man who exploited the struggle for his business, arms dealing, he felt slighted when the government didn't take him serious after his release and that was because the government later knew he wasn't really that relevant but the men who controlled the foot soldiers were.
Re: Gej Nailed Finally- Okah Spills The Bin! by Nobody: 2:42pm On Oct 05, 2010
For those asking the source/link to Henry Okah's claims:

The former leader of Nigeria's armed group has said he was arrested because he refused to tell the group to retract a statement claiming responsibility for last week's deadly attacks in the capital, Abuja.

Henry Okah, currently being held in jail in South Africa, told Al Jazeera on Tuesday that he received a phone call from a "close associate" of Goodluck Jonathan, the Nigerian president, telling him to urge the Movement for the Emancipation of the Niger Delta (Mend) to withdraw its claim for the bombings, which killed at least 10 people and left 36 others injured on the 50th anniversay of Nigeria's independence.

"On Saturday morning, just a day after the attack, a very close associate of President Jonathan called me and explained to me that there had been a bombing in Nigeria and that President Jonathan wanted me to reach out to the group, Mend, and get them to retract the earlier statement they had issued claiming the attacks," Okah said.

"They wanted to blame the attacks on northerners who are trying to fight against him [Jonathan] to come back as president and if this was done, I was not going to have any problems with the South African government.

"I declined to do this and a few hours later I was arrested. It was based on their belief that I was going to do that that Jonathan issued a statement saying that Mend did not carry out the attack."

http://english.aljazeera.net/news/africa/2010/10/2010105115843516850.html
Re: Gej Nailed Finally- Okah Spills The Bin! by Beaf: 2:44pm On Oct 05, 2010
debosky:

So Tafa Balogun (ex Inspector General) going to jail proves that Nigerian law enforcement works? Utter stupidity on your part.

Yes, at the time Tafa Balogun was jailed, our law enforcement and justice systems were beginning to tow the right path. But no doubt, fools like yourself, rather than herald and nuture the new era, were present with their anal arguments and hurrahs when the likes of Ribadu was hounded into exile. We have a country that produces a lot of loud fools.

debosky:

I don't need to claim anything - all I have shown is that Interpol and SA police cannot be deemed above corruption, as their previous head has displayed through his actions. Whether they are corrupt in this particular case is up for debate - I have made no claims either way.

It was a foolish example to use. If you claim that bribes (or other inducements) could have been given to both SA police and SA Interpol, I ask again; what about the American and British Intelligence agencies? Were they bribed too? This is approaching the worst of beer palour stuff.
Empty heads like yourself will always clutch at the most tenous straws to build a rumour. Imagine Nigeria bribing the Intelligence services of 3 countries. Dude, you're indeed stup!d!

debosky:

The pertinent fact is, there is NO EVIDENCE at the moment against Okah, unless you have it, in which case, present it openly, The only evidence we have is that nothing was found in Okah’s house.

"No evidence?" You mean you now have access to local and foreign intelligence files? Dude, that there were no weapons found with Okah is 100% different from there being zero evidence. The man is now in court, is it based on "no evidence?" Has he been charged for bearing the name, Henry Okah?
Astonishing!

debosky:

Diplomatic pressure could’ve been applied on the South Africans to arrest Okah; this is not evidence of guilt in any guise.

Just what was the involvement of the foreign intelligence agencies? Have they come out to say Okah was involved? Have they told you that GEJ or his agents are NOT involved?

I thought you and your beer palour and street corner sources had all the details of the unfolding case? Funny guy!
Re: Gej Nailed Finally- Okah Spills The Bin! by Olaolufred(m): 2:52pm On Oct 05, 2010
A claim remains a claim until proven to be truth.

I am not denying the fact of the claim.

But, Is it the truth?

We must stop being one-sided when trying to drive home a point.

A 1000 post of Okah's claim on AlJazeera can't make it any lie if it is true.

So also, a 1million Claim on Aljazeera can't make it truth if it were a lie.

Truth dont' burst in at the beginning, It wait till the end. So let us wait till then instead of unnecessary spiting of Saliva.
Re: Gej Nailed Finally- Okah Spills The Bin! by hinduism(f): 2:53pm On Oct 05, 2010
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin if we beleive what this criminal has said, does it means the Niger Delta prefer hausa to rule them than their own son?
Re: Gej Nailed Finally- Okah Spills The Bin! by debosky(m): 2:55pm On Oct 05, 2010
Beaf:

"No evidence?" You mean you now have access to local and foreign intelligence files? Dude, that there were no weapons found with Okah is 100% different from there being zero evidence. The man is now in court, is it based on "no evidence?" Has he been charged for bearing the name, Henry Okah?
Astonishing!

I repeat the question - what evidence was used to place the charges? Do you know? No evidence has been presented. That remains factual.

I thought you and your beer palour and street corner sources had all the details of the unfolding case? Funny guy!

I have never claimed to have all the details, simply put - you cannot disprove any of the so called 'rumours' because you DON'T have any details yourself.

If that simple principle is too difficult for you to comprehend, I refer you to the current rave of the moment on nairaland - go hug a transformer.  grin grin
Re: Gej Nailed Finally- Okah Spills The Bin! by Nobody: 2:56pm On Oct 05, 2010
hinduism:

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin if we beleive what this criminal has said, does it means the Niger Delta prefer hausa to rule them than their own son?
Sabotage is in their blood I must say. From the early days of Nigeria, they have been sabotaging not agitating. Doing it to their own brother proves the point
Re: Gej Nailed Finally- Okah Spills The Bin! by Nobody: 2:57pm On Oct 05, 2010
[size=16pt]Why didn't Henry Okah name the presidential aide?[/size]
Re: Gej Nailed Finally- Okah Spills The Bin! by llade(m): 2:58pm On Oct 05, 2010
Re: Gej Nailed Finally- Okah Spills The Bin! by JUO(m): 2:58pm On Oct 05, 2010
wetin this man do una? if him use force una go shout, him keep quit una go shout. wetin una want?
Re: Gej Nailed Finally- Okah Spills The Bin! by Obiagu1(m): 3:01pm On Oct 05, 2010
hinduism:

This is typical Ijaw, betraying their own like they betrayed the Igbos.
That notwithstanding, I like Henry Okah’s principle, he refused to rope IBB into what he knew nothing about. Okah is a man I think I could trust, principle is principle, that makes a man.
Re: Gej Nailed Finally- Okah Spills The Bin! by Kobojunkie: 3:01pm On Oct 05, 2010
dappssee:

Lol . . .  I can help you with that. Only yesterday I received a call from a senate candidate wanting me to cast my vote for him. Problem was I didn't get his name at all. I think I might recognize the voice if he were to call back again today, but apart from knowing the office he is running for in my district, I don't have anything else on him, not even what party he belongs to. lol

So, yeah, it is possible to get a call and not remember the name of the caller!
Re: Gej Nailed Finally- Okah Spills The Bin! by Nobody: 3:02pm On Oct 05, 2010
dappssee:

Why didnt Jonathan name the people he said were the real bomb plotters? Afterall, he claimed that MEND was not responsible and they(FG) know the people that are involved, and that very soon some of them will be rounded up. Emphasis on some. I like this country!
Re: Gej Nailed Finally- Okah Spills The Bin! by fxmaxony(m): 3:04pm On Oct 05, 2010
What do you expect a man who is alleged to have collected $100 million to mastermind the stuff to say now he is being investigated?

Those who doubted SSS report will now believe this.

OKAR will not like to die alone, that is one thing we should Understand.

Aljaz, stuff of a channel has always been doing hatchet job for both Kitchen cabinet then and now master minders of the blast.
Re: Gej Nailed Finally- Okah Spills The Bin! by Obiagu1(m): 3:05pm On Oct 05, 2010
dappssee:

Because he was not asked to name the presidential aide. Did you ask him to name him and he refused?
Re: Gej Nailed Finally- Okah Spills The Bin! by Beaf: 3:07pm On Oct 05, 2010
debosky:

I repeat the question - what evidence was used to place the charges? Do you know? No evidence has been presented. That remains factual.

Why don't you find that out first before stolking rumours. You find out the evidence when the court case starts or you read the case files that have been released. If you have seen neither, your question is foolish and just another street corner observation.

debosky:

I have never claimed to have all the details, simply put - you cannot disprove any of the so called 'rumours' because you DON'T have any details yourself.

If that simple principle is too difficult for you to comprehend, I refer you to the current rave of the moment on nairaland - go hug a transformer.  grin grin

The difference between me and you, is I don't claim to know what is going on behind walls. I stick to verifiable stories and don't go about stup!dly claiming that it is possible that SA police, Interpol, US and British intelligence agencies were bribed or somehow induced. How wild can claims get? shocked
Re: Gej Nailed Finally- Okah Spills The Bin! by caringchi(f): 3:08pm On Oct 05, 2010
@poster, please in a telephone interview with who, did this "Okah" confirm what u posted?
please before posting sensitive issues like this, kindly furnish us with detailed info about ur source. atleast we can verify ur sources b4 contributing and accepting ur facts.
this bomb blasts claimed innocent lives, and most families were affected, so, i think the issue should be handled with care by all.
but my utmost desire is that these wicked perpetrators be brought to book and 'hung'
Re: Gej Nailed Finally- Okah Spills The Bin! by Nobody: 3:14pm On Oct 05, 2010
Beaf:

Why don't you find that out first before stolking rumours. You find out the evidence when the court case starts or you read the case files that have been released. If you have seen neither, your question is foolish and just another street corner observation.

The difference between me and you, is I don't claim to know what is going on behind walls. I stick to verifiable stories and don't go about stup!dly claiming that it is possible that SA police, Interpol, US and British intelligence agencies were bribed or somehow induced. How wild can claims get? shocked
Can u stick your neck out that Interpol, CIA name them can't be bribed? How do you define bribery? Once there is an interest in economics or geopolitically, international bodies can always be compromised. IF CIA can falsify reports on Saddam's WMD, who is Okah to them? Mind you, all these CIA, M16, interpol, KGB pokenosing is because of one thing - our Oil!
Re: Gej Nailed Finally- Okah Spills The Bin! by batiatus(m): 3:16pm On Oct 05, 2010
NA WA 4 NIGERIA POLITICS. COUNTDOWN TO 2011 PDP PRESIDENTIAL ELECTION
THE RACE BETWEEN MARADONA (IBB) AND MESSI (GEJ)
The problem of this bomb blast suspect is that there are poeple who are hoping and beliveing that it is IBB and also there are those who belive GEJ is behind the attack.
so any news iimplicating IBB, GEJ supporters jubiliate and vice-versa.
Re: Gej Nailed Finally- Okah Spills The Bin! by juman(m): 3:16pm On Oct 05, 2010
President should be very careful now. The polity is just heating up too much with this nonsense bombing. Stupid military men may be planning COUP. President Jonathan OPEN YOUR EYES WIDE OPEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Gej Nailed Finally- Okah Spills The Bin! by Nobody: 3:20pm On Oct 05, 2010
[size=16pt]GEJ declared certain people wanted. Henry Okah should mention the name of the aide. Good enough it was a telephone conversation so it can be recalled.[/size] If at all there was any
Re: Gej Nailed Finally- Okah Spills The Bin! by Beaf: 3:24pm On Oct 05, 2010
jabbok:

Can u stick your neck out that Interpol, CIA name them can't be bribed? How do you define bribery? Once there is an interest in economics or geopolitically, international bodies can always be compromised. IF CIA can falsify reports on Saddam's WMD, who is Okah to them? Mind you, all these CIA, M16, interpol, KGB pokenosing is because of one thing - our Oil!

Dude, you cannot talk that "our oil" crap at this time. If the cards fall back in place, it would be ok, however, it is best to accept the worst; which is the beggining of a split. If that occurs, certain sections of Nigeria might be badly affected, cos the US might need buffers against the likes of Boko Haram moving southward to destabilise an oil source.
Forget about the "our oil" thing for now.
Re: Gej Nailed Finally- Okah Spills The Bin! by Basseti: 3:25pm On Oct 05, 2010
The flow of argument and counter-argument(s) on this thread just illuminates the problem with Nigeria: Everyone takes sides even before having all the facts.

Yesterday, I was not really convinced with the SMS that was said to have implicated IBB and Dokpesi. I wanted more evidence and facts than just that. Wel, GEJ apologetics seem to take that hook , line and sinker without even much of an eyebrow raised.

Now Okah don come out with hin own version. Since this saga started, Okah already don get some beef with GEJ. So why should I believe anything coming from him? :-

There is a lot of finger pointing going on now that we all just have to sit back and carefully chew on the facts before making an opinion. And the truth is that, there is very little facts and plenty of he say, I say.

This is really strange times for Nigeria and I fear for the masses. When two elephants fight,
Re: Gej Nailed Finally- Okah Spills The Bin! by hakanai(m): 3:28pm On Oct 05, 2010
I just looked that up and got the news on Aljazeera.Can't believe that i am becoming more confused than ever.what the hell is going on.People don die! This one no be PDP/IBB issue ooo!!!
    @Beaf say something make i understand abeg.We or i need convincing.I hope someone no go say no be Okah be that.lets skip that part make i understand.Abi the 100M na for the framing of GEJ.please i need to understand.something strong and reasonable like kai or weed to make feel again.

http://english.aljazeera.net/news/africa/2010/10/2010105115843516850.html

Ex-Mend leader implicates Nigeria

Henry Okah tells Al Jazeera presidential aide wanted him to tell armed group to withdraw claim for Abuja deadly blasts.
The former leader of Nigeria's armed group has said he was arrested because he refused to tell the group to retract a statement claiming responsibility for last week's deadly attacks in the capital, Abuja.

Henry Okah, currently being held in jail in South Africa, told Al Jazeera on Tuesday that he received a phone call from a "close associate" of Goodluck Jonathan, the Nigerian president, telling him to urge the Movement for the Emancipation of the Niger Delta (Mend) to withdraw its claim for the bombings, which killed at least 10 people and left 36 others injured on the 50th anniversay of Nigeria's independence.

"On Saturday morning, just a day after the attack, a very close associate of President Jonathan called me and explained to me that there had been a bombing in Nigeria and that President Jonathan wanted me to reach out to the group, Mend, and get them to retract the earlier statement they had issued claiming the attacks," Okah said.

"They wanted to blame the attacks on northerners who are trying to fight against him [Jonathan] to come back as president and if this was done, I was not going to have any problems with the South African government.

"I declined to do this and a few hours later I was arrested. It was based on their belief that I was going to do that that Jonathan issued a statement saying that Mend did not carry out the attack."

'Unpatriotic elements'

Jonathan, who hails from the country's south and has declared his intentions to stand in next year's presidential election, said investigations had revealed Mend, which is fighting for a greater share of Nigeria's oil wealth, knew nothing about the attacks.

He said the bombings had been carried out by a small group based outside Nigeria, sponsored by "unpatriotic elements within the country".

Nigeria will be holding elections in January almost a year after Jonathan assumed the presidency after the incumbent president failed to complete his term due to illness and eventual death.

Jonathan's predecessor, Umaru Yaradua, came from the northern state of Katsina and Nigeria has an unwritten agreement for the presidency to alternate between the mainly Muslim north and the largely Christian south.

Al Jazeera did not get any immediate reaction from the Nigerian government about Okah's claims.

Meanwhile, the authorities have released nine people they arrested in connection with the bomb blasts on Monday, including an aide for Ibrahim Babangida, the country's former military leader.

Raymond Dokpesi, the director of Babandida's campaign to become the ruling party presidential candidate, was questioned by the country's intelligence services over the blasts, an aide said on Tuesday.

Dokpesi, who also owns one of Nigeria's leading television and radio stations, was summoned to the State Security Services (SSS) on Monday, Kassim Afegbua, a spokesman for Babangida, told the AFP news agency.

"He was released yesterday and is to report back today at about 3'oclock (1400 GMT)," Afegbua said.

"They said it is to do with complicity in the bomb incident of  October 1."

Several media reports on Tuesday said text messages found on the mobile phone of one of the nine suspects arrested by the state  secret police led to the summoning of Dokpesi.
Re: Gej Nailed Finally- Okah Spills The Bin! by juman(m): 3:28pm On Oct 05, 2010
Let us split now now joor.
Re: Gej Nailed Finally- Okah Spills The Bin! by juman(m): 3:33pm On Oct 05, 2010
Jonathan MUST RESIGN now. Go Jonatan go! Go Jonatan go!! Go Jonatan go!!! Go Jonatan go!!!! Go Jonatan go!!!!! Go Jonatan go!!!!!!
Re: Gej Nailed Finally- Okah Spills The Bin! by Nobody: 3:34pm On Oct 05, 2010
I see claims and counter claims.

I see them washing all their dirty linens in public

I see dirty hands all over the place smearing grease on our faces

I see this as the platform of our liberation

I just pray the innocent people dont get hurt

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Students Protest In Lagos Over ASUU/ASUP Strike (photos) / Card Reader Test: Exercise Good So Far In Lagos, Delta / Oke And Lawal: FG Says EFCC Has The Mandate To Prosecute Without Influence

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.