Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,174,428 members, 7,891,847 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 July 2024 at 08:50 PM

Stocks That Can Make You Rich In 2007 - Investment (18) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Stocks That Can Make You Rich In 2007 (80105 Views)

How To Be Rich In Nigeria / Nigerian Stocks That Make You Happy All The Time / Best Nigerian Stocks To Buy For Your Retirement? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) ... (46) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Stocks That Can Make You Rich In 2007 by diva4eva(f): 12:05am On Aug 01, 2007
HI ALL
PLS HOW LONG DOES IT TAKE FOR THE BONUS SHARES TO BE CREDITED INTO ONE'S CSCS ACCOUNT. REPLY NEEDED URGENTLY
Re: Stocks That Can Make You Rich In 2007 by spicie: 2:47am On Aug 01, 2007
Hi @ all, where is first bank heading to? should i sell mine now?
Re: Stocks That Can Make You Rich In 2007 by egoldman(m): 8:03am On Aug 01, 2007
spicie:

Hi @ all, where is first bank heading to? should i sell mine now?

except if you need the owo that bad, if not i suggest you leave it for now , cos chances of gaining are very much there , with Niger love for bonus , i guess many people will like to take positions in in firstbank to be able to get the bonus , so more positive outlook is there for now .
Re: Stocks That Can Make You Rich In 2007 by MyPeace(f): 8:31am On Aug 01, 2007
Pls what happens if one doesnt not claim his alloted right of issue. l supposed to claim that of intercontinental Bank, but l didnt. does it have any effect on my shares?

pls somebody answer me.
Re: Stocks That Can Make You Rich In 2007 by Temmie10(m): 10:08am On Aug 01, 2007
If you want to sell your FBN at 51, i might just buy from you lol.
HOld it, i am thinking 55-65 at least,
Re: Stocks That Can Make You Rich In 2007 by steeviee(m): 12:15pm On Aug 01, 2007
guys, what do think about Firstinland Bank
Re: Stocks That Can Make You Rich In 2007 by easimoni(m): 12:28pm On Aug 01, 2007
MyPeace:

Please what happens if one doesnt not claim his alloted right of issue. l supposed to claim that of intercontinental Bank, but l didnt. does it have any effect on my shares?

please somebody answer me.

No effect.
Re: Stocks That Can Make You Rich In 2007 by shigidi(m): 12:39pm On Aug 01, 2007
personally, i think first inland is overpriced, it has a forecasted eps of 20 kobo , so really nothing spectacular ,unless its results prove the forecasts wrong. however, if they do merge with diamond bank, there might be price appreciation, not my best pick though.
Re: Stocks That Can Make You Rich In 2007 by steeviee(m): 12:52pm On Aug 01, 2007
Shigidi, thanks for the insight. i think they may turn out to be a good prospect.
Re: Stocks That Can Make You Rich In 2007 by dpumping: 1:28pm On Aug 01, 2007
@ all,
i would like to know what excatly penny stocks are.

also, no one is saying anything about IBTC chattered bank.
can i have a heads up it.

should i buy
Re: Stocks That Can Make You Rich In 2007 by cutebabe: 1:33pm On Aug 01, 2007
dpumping:

@ all,
i would like to know what excatly penny stocks are.

also, no one is saying anything about IBTC chattered bank.
can i have a heads up it.

should i buy

Penny stocks are small company stocks usually as the name suggest share price is between 50k to N6, they are not very liquid though. By all means buy IBTC that is if you find anyone who will sell to you but with Stanbic offering N16 per share (currently listed at N11) I doubt you will get any.
Re: Stocks That Can Make You Rich In 2007 by dpumping: 4:11pm On Aug 01, 2007
@cutebabe

thanks, i will see if i can get, also you have syggestions on penny stocks i can buy, also what would be a reasonable unit to but i mean anything higher than a 1000 units.
Re: Stocks That Can Make You Rich In 2007 by yodiyokun(f): 4:37pm On Aug 01, 2007
First Inland - another merger after 3 banks merging , Cook books. I knew they will not make anything of that merger when there is sooo much skeleton in their cupboard. Until the likes of Okey nwosu , otega emerhor and Dayo famoroti desist from that bank it will keep going down the drain.

Their end of year books is always late, check the history since 2004 ? they will rather pay the penalties than release their results, PWC always has a problem with sigining. Since Femi Pedro left, it has been money down the drain with no innovative ideas or thinking.

The management there is chop make I chop. they dont have hope unless they are swallowed and the management sanitized. Believe me when I say their share price is overvalued.
Re: Stocks That Can Make You Rich In 2007 by Boboayuze(m): 5:58pm On Aug 01, 2007
@ Wanaj0:
Depending on the terms of the acquisition. The major shareholder (player) can shortchanged you. There are so many things that comes to play in mergers and acquisitions.

Personally, going forward, I believe the Sterling and other fringe players will soon disappear.

Considering the quantity of shares that most investors like myself dabble into everytime, do you honestly believe we are not been taken for a ride daily?
All my stock up till now is not up to N500 thousand naira.
I am into this roller coaster ride bcs I hope my holdings will come up to something, someday and honestly, I am not deceiving myself into believing myself that my tiny share will do any major shaking in the likes of say FBN or UBN, if I do not have a few million shares.
Re: Stocks That Can Make You Rich In 2007 by donne4real(m): 6:17pm On Aug 01, 2007
You guys have been great. This forum is indeed wonderful.

Please does any of you know of any website that I can use for historical analysis of nigerian stocks? For example, let's say I want to get a report of stocks that have gained over 50% in the last month. Is there any such site?

Thanks
Re: Stocks That Can Make You Rich In 2007 by easimoni(m): 6:22pm On Aug 01, 2007
@ donne4real,
Bros, we never reach there yet! In the mean time, make you manage this one. Na hand u go take calculate that % we you dey talk sha.

http://www.cashcraft.com/pricemovement.asp
Re: Stocks That Can Make You Rich In 2007 by Robroy: 2:28am On Aug 02, 2007
@ easimoni, Temmie 10, wanajo and all

japaul now or during the PO? ( will the price be higher then?)

Flour Mills Vs Dangote Flour ( long term scenario): an analysis that just came out suggests that Flour mills is relying on a cement plant in Calabar to boost earnings in future. http://www.proshareng.com/assets/user/pdf/analystreport_flourmills_april2007_csl.pdf

Access vs Fidelity Vs WEMA (based on current happenings)

Which insurance is best right now ( plethora of choices; cornerstone, aiico, unic, oasisins etc)

BOC gases long term

Any energy stocks?

Cadbury now or wait for it to drop some more?

Jos Int. Brew? ( whats the deal with that?)

Thanks in advance bro!!

The difference between ordinary and extra-ordinary is that little extra.
Re: Stocks That Can Make You Rich In 2007 by MyPeace(f): 8:32am On Aug 02, 2007
easimoni:

No effect.

Thank you for your response.
Re: Stocks That Can Make You Rich In 2007 by shigidi(m): 12:46pm On Aug 02, 2007
all the gurus, ive bin having trouble geting access bank from the floor, is it still available?
@ easimoni,frank, what do yall think bout skye bank and fcmb? heard they are both bringing out offers soon , what do u guys feel bout these stocks in the forseeable future.
Re: Stocks That Can Make You Rich In 2007 by easimoni(m): 6:55pm On Aug 02, 2007
shigidi:

all the gurus, ive bin having trouble geting access bank from the floor, is it still available?
@ easimoni,frank, what do yall think bout skye bank and fcmb? heard they are both bringing out offers soon , what do u guys feel bout these stocks in the forseeable future.

To quote my friend, T-Banj; "Access Bank has disappeared". Tell your broker your are willing to pay extra and see if someone will be willing to cross with you. Hell, make me an offer. I am the proud owner of 40k units. Starting bid is N25 and only because I like u!

Skye bank or FCMB? Hmmmmmm. The spread sheet says FCMB's PE (34.5) is 1.5Xs Skye Bank's PE (21.4). Skye Bank is also the winner in earnings growth %. Skye bank is it. UNLESS, the PO gist is true and then the double whammy of frozen price and shares dilution can tilt the balance back to FCMB.

Disclaimer: All based on past performance. Easimoni offers no guarantee that historical trends are indicators of future performance.
Re: Stocks That Can Make You Rich In 2007 by RAINPROFIT: 7:49pm On Aug 02, 2007
please coment for www.rainprofit.com
Re: Stocks That Can Make You Rich In 2007 by otokx(m): 7:57pm On Aug 02, 2007
@ALL

What do you think about SKYE BANKS "REIT" offering?
Re: Stocks That Can Make You Rich In 2007 by psytarry: 10:13pm On Aug 02, 2007
guess who z backladies n gentlemen am back on board-am hear 2disagree so wi can agree, mi 1 get so many tins to yarn about e yearrrr, wat was it were u guys talkin bout fair price?wat exactly n by d way y r u guys confused bout Access bank? let mi start by sayin DO NOT USED P/E ratio 4any calculation, EPS is d rit choice, i want u all 2take a luk at wat i attached,
AccessBank is a gud buy!!if u wnt to buy,buy on d floor
watchout 4my analysis on saturday i guess dat will b d end of Discussion

Re: Stocks That Can Make You Rich In 2007 by NBA(m): 11:09pm On Aug 02, 2007
psytarry:

guess who z backladies n gentlemen am back on board-am hear 2disagree so wi can agree, mi 1 get so many tins to yarn about e yearrrr, what was it were u guys talkin bout fair price?what exactly n by d way y r u guys confused bout Access bank? let mi start by sayin DO NOT USED P/E ratio 4any calculation, EPS is d rit choice, i want u all 2take a luk at what i attached,
AccessBank is a good buy!!if u wnt to buy,buy on d floor
watchout 4my analysis on saturday i guess that will b d end of Discussion

Welcome back! We look forward to your analysis, hopefully in English for us common folk.
Re: Stocks That Can Make You Rich In 2007 by Robroy: 4:38am On Aug 03, 2007
Hola Amigos
whats the take on SYKE bank REIT?
Re: Stocks That Can Make You Rich In 2007 by aylala2002(m): 8:16am On Aug 03, 2007
Good day all,

@ mypeace and easimoni, the issue of not picking up your rights in a right issue could detrimental to your shareholding and the market value of your stock.

There is this term called theoretical ex-right price of a stock, it is the market price that a stock will theoretically have following a new rights issue. Although the stock price is not likely to change immediately following the new rights issue, it will change as the rights expiration date approaches. 

The theoretical ex-rights price is based on the company's market capitalization and the number of shares outstanding. For example, if a new rights offering gives buyers the right to purchase 25% more shares than there are currently outstanding, the market price of the stock will theoretically be 25% less in the future than it is today (assuming 100% of the new rights will be exercised by the holders). 

In a lay man's language, I'll strongly recommend that investors pick up their rights and buy more of the public offer (in hybrid issues), this will insure you against dillution of shares and price losses. This is because rights are cheaper and the market will on the long run adjust to the effect of the newly listed issues (arbitraging) given the fact that people who bought @ the right price may want to take profit leading to price plunge, and you who failed to pick up your right suffers the losses. So take up your CCNN rights, take up your Japaul rights when it cums on board,

For the remaining half of the year, BUY CAUTIOUSLY! I don't see much capital gains at the secondary segment of the market, BUY all POs available now!

Peace, am out! for now,
Re: Stocks That Can Make You Rich In 2007 by MyPeace(f): 8:57am On Aug 03, 2007
i/c, thank you.
Re: Stocks That Can Make You Rich In 2007 by dinvesta: 2:26pm On Aug 03, 2007
why is access not available on d floor?
Re: Stocks That Can Make You Rich In 2007 by easimoni(m): 6:04pm On Aug 03, 2007
dinvesta:

why is access not available on d floor?

Demand is more than supply. Much more.
Re: Stocks That Can Make You Rich In 2007 by Panadol(m): 7:39pm On Aug 03, 2007
@easimoni,

What's Access bank this year's and next year's expected earnings and PEG ratio. Thanks!
Re: Stocks That Can Make You Rich In 2007 by Mongue(m): 8:39pm On Aug 03, 2007
Can anybody tell me what has happened to JULIUS BERGER shares today.

My online broking account is no longer showing them on my portfolio and i can't find them listed on any report of todays market

Anyone know why this has happened? I can find no explanation anywhere,
Re: Stocks That Can Make You Rich In 2007 by tyademolu(m): 8:56pm On Aug 03, 2007
Hello. During the time of the mad rush for penny stocks and insurance stocks. I made a silly mistake and sold some of my blue chip stocks to buy stocks like.

Crusader, NEM, Mbenefit, Dangote Sugar, Lasaco, UACN, NAHCO, RTBRISCOE. Even though I only bought small amounts in each of this stocks. the collective loss is bombarding me and I have not gained anything off them so far.

Right now, Im frustrated and would like to get your honest opinion on which stocks I could hold and which I could sell. I have lost up to 30% on Crusader, NEM and Dangote (bought at N55 (some stockbrokers are wicked)).

Please help before all this stocks enter N0 each. Thanks

(1) (2) (3) ... (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) ... (46) (Reply)

"Option C" Investors Storm Oko Oloyun’s Office To Demand Their Money / CBN Warns Nigerians Against “MMM”, Calls It Wonder Bank / Crowdfunding Investment Platforms And Options (non Agritech Categories)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.