Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,174,466 members, 7,891,937 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 July 2024 at 10:54 PM

Stocks That Can Make You Rich In 2007 - Investment (20) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Stocks That Can Make You Rich In 2007 (80108 Views)

How To Be Rich In Nigeria / Nigerian Stocks That Make You Happy All The Time / Best Nigerian Stocks To Buy For Your Retirement? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) ... (46) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Stocks That Can Make You Rich In 2007 by easimoni(m): 7:37pm On Aug 11, 2007
shigidi:

@ easimoni, i used their projected PAT from their prospectus and also the one on IBTC stock select, which is about 18.6 billion, and i chose p.e of 28 because of the rumored bonus and good divivdend
Temmie10:

Fortunately, because the market is full of irrational people, even some rational people who havent factored the extra shares, sentiment, year end approaching, I have a feeling this stock will eventually get to close to a pe of 30+ in which case i would not be surprised if the stock price reached a high of 40 even if it eventually subsides
You guys may both be right about Oceanic but any buyer will be left holding an overpriced share and may become subject to correction without notice. no upside here
Re: Stocks That Can Make You Rich In 2007 by doncaster(m): 8:40pm On Aug 11, 2007
Pls guys in the house and stock gurus, am considering selling my stock with oando and wapco to purchase access bank, i will appreciate any advice as regards to this move i am planning to make by next week.Can we be able to buy foriegn stock direct from nigeria.
thanks.
Re: Stocks That Can Make You Rich In 2007 by easimoni(m): 1:49am On Aug 12, 2007
@ doncaster, it really depends on how long you can wait. it may take you 6+ months to get your access shares (I'm assuming you want to buy the PO). I own Oando shares and would not advise you to sell them. I also own WAPCO and I'm not impressed. Buy Access if and only if you can wait 6+ months. Esle, hold/ buy more Oando.
Re: Stocks That Can Make You Rich In 2007 by doncaster(m): 5:36am On Aug 12, 2007
@easimony thanks for you advice, since am buying to sell when it appreciate can i hold on to oando and sell wapco. how do u see it. what of buying overseas stock, will it pay us as the NSE.
Re: Stocks That Can Make You Rich In 2007 by Vitastraka(m): 1:30pm On Aug 12, 2007
Never!

Overseas markets are too efficient. The NSE is a Golmine!
Re: Stocks That Can Make You Rich In 2007 by DisGuy: 1:43pm On Aug 12, 2007
true and you'll need to buy big and keep the stock for a longer period to make real profit.
Re: Stocks That Can Make You Rich In 2007 by kingzy(m): 9:15pm On Aug 12, 2007
I have 500k since last month waiting for Dangote flour. Those that said it will come out by ending of July, where is it. Any useful info. on when it is coming out. Considering future value of money where can I put it or should I still wait. Afribank would have generated 1m plus since last month. Still considering Acess PO. Please advise!
Re: Stocks That Can Make You Rich In 2007 by drdaniel(m): 10:49pm On Aug 12, 2007
You guys are doing a Good Job here. Hey gurus keep it up.

Learnt that Japaul Oil PO is starting tomorrow.What kind of time did it take for people to get their certificates during their last public offering.How do you compare buying from the PO with buying from the floor considering time lenght that may be involved in the PO.

Also which other stocks especially penny stocks are good at this time.
Some people are saying Livestock,Afprint,Dnmeyer.
What do you guys think.
Re: Stocks That Can Make You Rich In 2007 by crazyT(m): 11:37pm On Aug 12, 2007
@ Easimoni and the other guru's

If I have about 50,000 units of Japaul (bought from the floor) and during the IPO I bought about 200,000 units (Right offer), do I need to also wait for the certificate before I could sell my whole 250,000 units?
Re: Stocks That Can Make You Rich In 2007 by easimoni(m): 3:50am On Aug 13, 2007
crazyT:

If I have about 50,000 units of Japaul (bought from the floor) and during the IPO I bought about 200,000 units (Right offer), do I need to also wait for the certificate before I could sell my whole 250,000 units?

N, You can sell the 50k units you bought on the floor whenever you wish. You have to wait for a certificate to sell the rights offer purchase. Obviously, you have to still own the "floor" units when you go purchase your rights.
Re: Stocks That Can Make You Rich In 2007 by mcsamson1(m): 4:13am On Aug 13, 2007
whats up guys in the house.
well my own question is if i buy japaul oil PO when can i get my certifacte. i think its a good buy. hope to hear from u guys soon
Re: Stocks That Can Make You Rich In 2007 by Iwerebor(m): 10:49am On Aug 13, 2007
when you buy stocks from the secondary market, do you get dividend from the companies that own the stocks?
Re: Stocks That Can Make You Rich In 2007 by easimoni(m): 12:20pm On Aug 13, 2007
Iwerebor:

when you buy stocks from the secondary market, do you get dividend from the companies that own the stocks?

Yes you do.
Re: Stocks That Can Make You Rich In 2007 by Iwerebor(m): 1:02pm On Aug 13, 2007

Yes you do.

Thanks easimoni, alot adds up now.
So companies have got to be aware of the trade so that the current owner and not the former owner becomes the beneficiary of that dividend.
Re: Stocks That Can Make You Rich In 2007 by MyPeace(f): 1:07pm On Aug 13, 2007
To all,

l just bought some shares from the secondary market for the first time. And the broker hasnt give me any document to evidence the transaction. he only told me that he has bought it. pls what document should l demand from the stock broker and in case l want to see it, what document do l need?. Thank you.
Re: Stocks That Can Make You Rich In 2007 by freelance(m): 2:03pm On Aug 13, 2007
MyPeace:

To all,

l just bought some shares from the secondary market for the first time. And the broker hasnt give me any document to evidence the transaction. he only told me that he has bought it. please what document should l demand from the stock broker and in case l want to see it, what document do l need?. Thank you.

Ask your broker for your contract note or better still your statement
of account.

You would be able to verify if he really bought the stocks for you.

Cheers!
Re: Stocks That Can Make You Rich In 2007 by Iwerebor(m): 2:12pm On Aug 13, 2007
To all,

l just bought some shares from the secondary market for the first time. And the broker hasnt give me any document to evidence the transaction. he only told me that he has bought it. please what document should l demand from the stock broker and in case l want to see it, what document do l need?. Thank you.

I got a text message titled "TRADE ALERT!" from NSE/CSCS in my case. In it I was told how much stock was bought and at what price.
Your question suggests you are not comfortable with asking your broker for evidence. I can understand that. A lot of Nigerian businessmen resent questions like that. To them it is an insinuation at criminality. But you must learn to ask them this. Business is more transparent if there is documentation.
Re: Stocks That Can Make You Rich In 2007 by MyPeace(f): 3:02pm On Aug 13, 2007
the issue is that l give somebody money to buy it on my behalf, so going to the stock broker straight might look somehow.

l got Trade alert welcoming me on board, and got another one which said that l made a sell at a certain amount which is lower than what they actually told me they bought the share. lnfact l dont understand the whole scenior. thats why l prefer POs.
Re: Stocks That Can Make You Rich In 2007 by iceman75(m): 3:22pm On Aug 13, 2007
Mypeace we seem to be on the same side.
I know i might sound 'bush' but i only deal on public offers as well. Got an amount i've saved for quite a while, i invest by jumping from one p.o to another from companies with good prospects, works for me. People might have made a bit higher than me and faster than me but the main thing is i know i made over %100 and God knows i'm very happy with it, my bank wouldn't give me close to that.
My next point of call is Japaul and Dangote Flour, what do u guys think?
Thanks everybody for all the ideas and advice.
God bless u all.
Re: Stocks That Can Make You Rich In 2007 by Iwerebor(m): 4:19pm On Aug 13, 2007
My next point of call is Japaul and Dangote Flour, what do u guys think?
I hope this stocks go on sale in september or that they sell till that time.
ICEMAN
Since you are waiting to deal on these stocks as I am, perhaps you might know something about when they will go public. Do you? and do you think these Public offers will last up to a month?
Re: Stocks That Can Make You Rich In 2007 by iceman75(m): 10:44pm On Aug 13, 2007
@ iwerebor
Japaul came out 2day, www.japaulplc.com
i'm not sure when dangote flour will come out. guess it must be soon.
i intend investing in both, God help us smiley cool
Re: Stocks That Can Make You Rich In 2007 by Iwerebor(m): 10:36am On Aug 14, 2007
Thanks again ICEMAN.
It's mysterious how hush hush this JAPAUL public offer is. Looks like they plan to make it known by word of mouth.
Re: Stocks That Can Make You Rich In 2007 by mcsamson1(m): 2:27pm On Aug 14, 2007
iceman75

thats what am waiting for too. japaul oil and dangote flour. hope they come out soon
Re: Stocks That Can Make You Rich In 2007 by Iwerebor(m): 3:08pm On Aug 14, 2007
iceman75

thats what am waiting for too. japaul oil and dangote flour. hope they come out soon
@mcsamson1
JAPAUL OIL is out as you breathe.
Dangote Flour is still in the sack.
Re: Stocks That Can Make You Rich In 2007 by easimoni(m): 4:33pm On Aug 14, 2007
@ the Japaul crew,

Anybody have a prospectus?
Re: Stocks That Can Make You Rich In 2007 by Iwerebor(m): 4:39pm On Aug 14, 2007
@ the Japaul crew,

Anybody have a prospectus?
You have to analyze everything like they are a lab specimen?
come on buddy, just buy and don't miss an up portunity when you see a hair growing in the wrong place.
Re: Stocks That Can Make You Rich In 2007 by NBA(m): 4:43pm On Aug 14, 2007
Iwerebor:

come on buddy, just buy and don't miss an up portunity when you see a hair growing in the wrong place.

@Iwerebor
Re: Stocks That Can Make You Rich In 2007 by easimoni(m): 4:44pm On Aug 14, 2007
Iwerebor:

I know I'm pedantic. I'm an engineer.  wink

But remember Warren Buffet's 1st rule? Never lose money. Just covering all my bases.
Re: Stocks That Can Make You Rich In 2007 by Robroy: 4:51pm On Aug 14, 2007
Well said easimoni, No Prospectus, No buy. Rumor is not good enough. Abeg no lighten up O!
What else is sweet on the horizon y'all? Person don tire for Bank PO,
Re: Stocks That Can Make You Rich In 2007 by frankiriri(m): 7:14pm On Aug 14, 2007
Rob-roy:

Well said easimoni, No Prospectus, No buy. Rumor is not good enough. Abeg no lighten up O!

Very true.
I wont even get into any company that I dont know the fundamentals of
Re: Stocks That Can Make You Rich In 2007 by Nobody: 11:08pm On Aug 14, 2007
I heard from a Staff in Zenith Bank that Dangote Flour IPO might be delayed due to Offers presented by the Banks. So investors might have to wait a little longer for the IPO if at all it goes thro sec approval
Re: Stocks That Can Make You Rich In 2007 by otokx(m): 6:04am On Aug 15, 2007
I need comments on the current price of fidelity shares; suspect they are over priced and want to offload some before the technical suspension is lifted.

(1) (2) (3) ... (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) ... (46) (Reply)

"Option C" Investors Storm Oko Oloyun’s Office To Demand Their Money / CBN Warns Nigerians Against “MMM”, Calls It Wonder Bank / Crowdfunding Investment Platforms And Options (non Agritech Categories)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.