Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,196,926 members, 7,962,959 topics. Date: Monday, 30 September 2024 at 09:20 PM

Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (139) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe (1114957 Views)

Arsenal Vs Bayern Munich : UCL (2 - 0) On 20th October 2015 / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / Manchester United Fan Thread: Champions Of England! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (136) (137) (138) (139) (140) (141) (142) ... (1045) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe by Nobody: 11:39am On Apr 18, 2013
A-40:

Read what you previously wrote above! You went a little too far with your optimism about his abilities
I went a little too far? I was merely stating facts. I became linient now because i recognized that i cannot eulogize one without removing from the other.
Re: Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe by A40(m): 12:16pm On Apr 18, 2013
Johnpaul88: I went a little too far? I was merely stating facts. I became linient now because i recognized that i cannot eulogize one without removing from the other.
What are the facts? That Pep owes his tactics to Villanova or that only Villanova has had to deal with injuries right? Villanova being Pep's assistant is the only fact I can see in your post! The rest are conjectures,theories or fallacies at worst.

By the way you have not told us why Barca have played 8 of the last 9 second legs in Uefa Champions League comps at home or don't you find it curious yourself?

1 Like

Re: Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe by Nobody: 3:50pm On Apr 18, 2013
A-40:

What are the facts? That Pep owes his tactics to Villanova or that only Villanova has had to deal with injuries right? Villanova being Pep's assistant is the only fact I can see in your post! The rest are conjectures,theories or fallacies at worst.

By the way you have not told us why Barca have played 8 of the last 9 second legs in Uefa Champions League comps at home or don't you find it curious yourself?
I guess we are just being lucky yet that does not mean we'll always go through. This is a two legged affair and everybody has a chance to play in front of their fans.

This is unlike the DFB pokal that is not two legged. But from the last 16 , you guys never played away.
Re: Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe by dayokanu(m): 4:01pm On Apr 18, 2013
Johnpaul88: I guess we are just being lucky yet that does not mean we'll always go through. This is a two legged affair and everybody has a chance to play in front of their fans.

This is unlike the DFB pokal that is not two legged. But from the last 16 , you guys never played away.

In the DFB pokal round of 16 we played away to Augsburg

And how many rounds have we had since then? 2.

In the DFB Pokal this season 5 games 2 away 3 home thats 3/5 away compared to 8/9 return leg at home

Just being lucky is what you call 8 times out of 9?
Re: Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe by usbcable(m): 7:16pm On Apr 18, 2013
A-40:

I clearly wrote over the last two seasons and you are still asking me where I saw 66 goals undecided
Even despite that he played a dozen fewer games so what does that tell you?

Why not use the last three seasons, why use the last two.

Robert joined dortmund three season now, why not include his first year?

If we use the last three seasons
the below applies:
Benzema 83 goals
against
Lewandowski 79 goals. wink
Re: Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe by A40(m): 8:52am On Apr 19, 2013
usbcable:

Why not use the last three seasons, why use the last two.

Robert joined dortmund three season now, why not include his first year?

If we use the last three seasons
the below applies:
Benzema 83 goals
against
Lewandowski 79 goals. wink
Why not the last ten seasons? You should have added the number of games they played as well! I'm sure Benzema played at least 20 more games
Lewandoski wasn't even a starter when he got to Dortmund 3 seasons ago
Haha see 419 analysis smh! Lewandoski is the better striker now shikena
Re: Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe by usbcable(m): 9:30am On Apr 19, 2013
A-40:

Why not the last ten seasons? You should have added the number of games they played as well! I'm sure Benzema played at least 20 more games
Lewandoski wasn't even a starter when he got to Dortmund 3 seasons ago
Haha see 419 analysis smh! Lewandoski is the better striker now shikena

see pot calling kettle black.

when you were mentioning 66 goals did you include no of matches? NO.
you choose to highlight what favors you most.

why not let us also mention that benzema was constantly being used as a substitue in the matches he also featured for real madrid unlike Lewandowski that was a constant starter.

or highlight the number of assists
or that it was the inefficiency of Dortmund strikers/Poland (Robert being prominent here) that led to him not playing as much games as Karim in the seasons being talked about.

Analysis is subjective My dear and we all have the effing right to use it to our advantage.(full stop)
Re: Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe by A40(m): 10:24am On Apr 19, 2013
usbcable:

see pot calling kettle black.

when you were mentioning 66 goals did you include no of matches? NO.
you choose to highlight what favors you most.
Over the last 2 seasons is a sufficient timestamp to judge players! I used that because that is/was the timeframe that Lewandowski became a significant player! If I wanted to be thoroughly biased I would have based my argument on this season alone

usbcable:
why not let us also mention that benzema was constantly being used as a substitue in the matches he also featured for real madrid unlike Lewandowski that was a constant starter.
Why won't he be a substitute when he has lost form? Isn't that what our argument was about? Who is the better striker at the moment! The fact is even in the season Benzema outscored Lewandoski he played a whopping 12 more games and could only manage 2 more goals

usbcable:
or highlight the number of assists
or that it was the inefficiency of Dortmund strikers/Poland (Robert being prominent here) that led to him not playing as much games as Karim in the seasons being talked about.

Analysis is subjective My dear and we all have the effing right to use it to our advantage.(full stop)
Assists is not the primary metric by which strikers are judged! By the way La Liga has more games than the Bundesliga plus even the cup games are home and away unlike the knockout format used in Germany and England
Re: Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe by dayokanu(m): 7:52pm On Apr 19, 2013
Barcelona have only won one of their six competitive encounters with Bayern Munich (two draws, three defeats).

Barcelona have never won away against Bayern Munich (two draws, one defeat).

Barcelona have reached the Champions League semi-finals for the sixth consecutive season, a record in the history of the competition.

Meanwhile, this is the third time in the last four seasons that Bayern Munich have reached the last four of the competition.

Bayern Munich have won 17 of their last 20 Champions League games played at the Allianz Arena (includes the 2012 final).

Bayern Munich have not kept a clean sheet in their last 12 Champions League games at home against Spanish opposition.

However, Bayern have always scored at home in the Champions League against Spanish opposition (13 games), scoring 25 goals in total.

Barcelona have won only one of their last five Champions League games (three draws, one defeat).

Barcelona have only won three of their last 15 away games in the knockout stages of the Champions League.

Barcelona have had 56 shots on target in the Champions League this season, the lowest tally among the four semi-finalists. Bayern Munich have had 66.

Barcelona have completed 7,220 passes, that’s 2,555 more than the second placed side in that department, Bayern Munich (4,665).

Bayern Munich have had 202 crosses from open play (20.2 per game), the highest tally in the Champions League this season.

Lionel Messi has been directly involved in six of Barcelona’s eight away goals in the Champions League this season (four goals, two assists).

Philipp Lahm and Xavi have both delivered four assists. Only Zlatan Ibrahimovic has done better in the Champions League this season (7).
Re: Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe by Nobody: 10:32pm On Apr 19, 2013
dayokanu: Barcelona have only won one of their six competitive encounters with Bayern Munich (two draws, three defeats).

Barcelona have never won away against Bayern Munich (two draws, one defeat).

Barcelona have reached the Champions League semi-finals for the sixth consecutive season, a record in the history of the competition.

Meanwhile, this is the third time in the last four seasons that Bayern Munich have reached the last four of the competition.

Bayern Munich have won 17 of their last 20 Champions League games played at the Allianz Arena (includes the 2012 final).

Bayern Munich have not kept a clean sheet in their last 12 Champions League games at home against Spanish opposition.

However, Bayern have always scored at home in the Champions League against Spanish opposition (13 games), scoring 25 goals in total.

Barcelona have won only one of their last five Champions League games (three draws, one defeat).

Barcelona have only won three of their last 15 away games in the knockout stages of the Champions League.

Barcelona have had 56 shots on target in the Champions League this season, the lowest tally among the four semi-finalists. Bayern Munich have had 66.

Barcelona have completed 7,220 passes, that’s 2,555 more than the second placed side in that department, Bayern Munich (4,665).

Bayern Munich have had 202 crosses from open play (20.2 per game), the highest tally in the Champions League this season.

Lionel Messi has been directly involved in six of Barcelona’s eight away goals in the Champions League this season (four goals, two assists).

Philipp Lahm and Xavi have both delivered four assists. Only Zlatan Ibrahimovic has done better in the Champions League this season (7).
Nice stats!

Well, we'll have to improve in the part that says Barca have yet to win in Allianz Arena in the last 3 attempts.

Bayern are a fantastic team but they can lose at home.
Re: Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe by A40(m): 2:51pm On Apr 20, 2013
Robben,Lahm and Martinez on the bench! No sign of Schweini

1-0 Bayern an own goal by Stindl
Re: Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe by A40(m): 3:01pm On Apr 20, 2013
Riberyyyyy! 2-0
Re: Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe by A40(m): 3:17pm On Apr 20, 2013
Odi meta meta! Ko ma roll 3-0 Gomez
Re: Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe by dayokanu(m): 3:23pm On Apr 20, 2013
Now can this game be over so we can focus on the Koko of the matter
Re: Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe by A40(m): 3:58pm On Apr 20, 2013
Gomez is pissed off!! Another goal to make it 4
Re: Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe by Nobody: 4:25pm On Apr 20, 2013
Keeping an eye on an opponent:

Easy win for Bayern in Hannover!

Bayern strikers are in amazing form, treating themselves to alot of goals.
Re: Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe by A40(m): 5:21pm On Apr 20, 2013
Pizarro also had enough time for a brace! On to Wednesday!

Dortmund hardly rested any player I'm worried about their depth against Madrid but I know they can edge them all the same

Lewandowski scored again by the way @usbcable
Re: Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe by usbcable(m): 9:01pm On Apr 20, 2013
A-40:
Pizarro also had enough time for a brace! On to Wednesday!

Dortmund hardly rested any player I'm worried about their depth against Madrid but I know they can edge them all the same

Lewandowski scored again by the way @usbcable

last time I checked Benzema Scored and created an assist few hours ago. grin so no lele
Re: Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe by A40(m): 10:09pm On Apr 20, 2013
Saw some Barca today! They clearly were playing possum Paul Breitner might have as well stayed back in Munich
One thing is evident tho! Barca is utterly clueless without Messi I'd be interested to see how Juup sets up as Messi when shut out knows how to defer to other teammates which makes him harder to shackle than C.Ororo
Re: Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe by Nobody: 7:29am On Apr 21, 2013
^^^
Barca clueless without Messi? But we still manage to get three points and that's the essence of playing the match. With Messi, it'll be easier to get the 3 points but without him, we'll get the points anyway however tough it gets.

But come tuesday, a fully rested and fit Messi will be unleashed and we'll see how you can handle that. If Messi does not get injured again in Munich, i forsee a torrid time for Bayern back line. He's not kicked a ball for like ages. He'll be dying to get his magical left foot to kick one.
Re: Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe by A40(m): 12:02pm On Apr 21, 2013
Johnpaul88: ^^^
Barca clueless without Messi? But we still manage to get three points and that's the essence of playing the match. With Messi, it'll be easier to get the 3 points but without him, we'll get the points anyway however tough it gets.

But come tuesday, a fully rested and fit Messi will be unleashed and we'll see how you can handle that. If Messi does not get injured again in Munich, i forsee a torrid time for Bayern back line. He's not kicked a ball for like ages. He'll be dying to get his magical left foot to kick one.
But its the truth! You guys were clueless! Its not about the margin you won guys like Iniesta,Xavi,Thiago,Villa played poorly!

Anyway unlike other teams we have goal scoring threats of our own so while we know all we have to do is shutdown Messi who do you shutdown for Bayern? If Alves and Alba go on their usual buccaneering runs you can be sure Ribery and Robben would punish em
Re: Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe by dayokanu(m): 4:19pm On Apr 21, 2013
dayokanu:

UEFA wants it soo bad I wont be surprised if they put Howard Webb, Victor Kassai or Clattenbutt as referees

Feelers I am hearing has it would be Viktor Kassai the same ref who awarded that useless penalty and yellow card to Alaba at Bernabeu last year
Re: Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe by A40(m): 5:15pm On Apr 21, 2013
dayokanu:

Feelers I am hearing has it would be Viktor Kassai the same ref who awarded that useless penalty and yellow card to Alaba at Bernabeu last year
He is the one it seems! Hopefully we wouldn't give them any room for any monkey business tho that shouldn't be our focus! This is Barca at its most vulnerable over the last 4 years we have to take advantage
Re: Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe by Nobody: 5:55pm On Apr 21, 2013
^^^
Barca at their most vulnerable state? You may be surprised as to what will happen on tuesday.
Re: Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe by usbcable(m): 6:15pm On Apr 21, 2013
Barca at their most vulnerable state? You may be surprised as to what will happen on tuesday.
YES a BOIG surprise awaits

bayern 4
barcelona 0
grin
Re: Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe by A40(m): 6:53pm On Apr 21, 2013
When last did you lose to Madrid at home twice in a row? Or rely so much on Messi to score or provide goals! Not being brash or nothing like that but we can and we would win this tie
Re: Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe by nateevs(m): 11:42am On Apr 22, 2013
I just found out that Philip Lahm has created 20 scoring chances in the UCL this season - 3 more than Messi. Interesting piece of stat.
Re: Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe by Nobody: 1:19pm On Apr 22, 2013
A-40:

When last did you lose to Madrid at home twice in a row? Or rely so much on Messi to score or provide goals! Not being brash or nothing like that but we can and we would win this tie
We'll found out soon enough.
Re: Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe by Nobody: 2:09pm On Apr 22, 2013
Barca lost to madrid back to back? That cannot happen if situations at the club was not unpleasant.

Two of Barcelona key members suffered from life threatening diseases. The Coach was away fighting for his life in NY for over 10 wks. Injuries to key members of the squad were particularly debilitating. The defence suffered all season due to injuries . This is obvious from the fact that Barca have had to vary the defensive shape a record 26 times in the 52 matches competed.

No team have had to endure these issues and yet is still competing very well at the very top - not even Bayern. Apart from the injuries suffered, the sickness to Coach shook the squad really hard and it showed in our big matches.

That they managed to emerge from those crisis to be in UEFA champions league semi final for a record 6 consecutive times, shows that these players are mentally very strong and this will prove to be more important than anything at this stage.
Re: Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe by A40(m): 3:15pm On Apr 22, 2013
Johnpaul88: Barca lost to madrid back to back? That cannot happen if situations at the club was not unpleasant.
Two of Barcelona key members suffered from life threatening diseases. The Coach was away fighting for his life in NY for over 10 wks. Injuries to key members of the squad were particularly debilitating. The defence suffered all season due to injuries . This is obvious from the fact that Barca have had to vary the defensive shape a record 26 times in the 52 matches competed.
Excuses!!! The type I would expect from Mourinho not a respected club like Barca you can do better than these excuses. Was Tito battling life threatening sickness last season as well? Or didn't you lose to Madrid at the Camp Nou
Are you the only team in Europe suffering from injuries? You guys splurged almost 70million euros on Sanchez and Fabregas you mean to tell me Barca couldn't squeeze out money to get decent defenders

Johnpaul88:
No team have had to endure these issues and yet is still competing very well at the very top - not even Bayern. Apart from the injuries suffered, the sickness to Coach shook the squad really hard and it showed in our big matches.

That they managed to emerge from those crisis to be in UEFA champions league semi final for a record 6 consecutive times, shows that these players are mentally very strong and this will prove to be more important than anything at this stage.
Story!!!

nateevs: I just found out that Philip Lahm has created 20 scoring chances in the UCL this season - 3 more than Messi. Interesting piece of stat.
Where are Roland and edoyad that where questioning the quality of Phillip Lahm? The best fullback on the planet!
Re: Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe by dayokanu(m): 11:39pm On Apr 22, 2013
My sources in Germany reporting that Gotze might be on his way to Bayern but I refuse to believe till I see it
Re: Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe by eyoniggar(m): 12:04am On Apr 23, 2013
Did I hear some1 say we havent been able to record a win in allianz arena in 3 attempts? Please correct me if am wrong, during the reign of the deadly trio, messi, eto, henry, I remember quite alright when Bayern got mauled 4-1 at the camp nou, we went on to record a second leg victory courtesy of a lone goal by Keita.

(1) (2) (3) ... (136) (137) (138) (139) (140) (141) (142) ... (1045) (Reply)

R36L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ15ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld / EPL Chatroom - All Discussions / Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.