Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,197,135 members, 7,963,671 topics. Date: Tuesday, 01 October 2024 at 04:27 PM

Android, Anyone? - Phones (32) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Android, Anyone? (188353 Views)

Where Can I Get The Oneplus One Android. Anyone? / Icmp Isssh Android Anyone droid vpn + bis? / Android, Anyone? Part II (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (29) (30) (31) (32) (33) (34) (35) ... (112) (Go Down)

Re: Android, Anyone? by fanistic(m): 7:23am On Jun 21, 2011
@otumfour why not tell the people the fone gets really hot during extensive use, or u don't seem to count that asa flaw. Let the people know the sg2 only shortcoming at least.
Re: Android, Anyone? by Nobody: 7:46am On Jun 21, 2011
Hello Housemates,

Pls I am need of a tutorial of where and how I can get Cyanogen Mod 7 on my SGS.
Re: Android, Anyone? by MrTA(m): 8:14am On Jun 21, 2011
baba-bosun:

Hello Housemates,

Pls I am need of a tutorial of where and how I can get Cyanogen Mod 7 on my SGS.

I checked and this is not available yet.
Re: Android, Anyone? by DoubleN(m): 9:26am On Jun 21, 2011
baba-bosun:

Hello Housemates,

Check here http://www.cyanogenmod.com/devices/samsung-galaxy-s
Mr_TA:

I checked and this is not available yet.
Oga you sure say you dey this world at all?
Re: Android, Anyone? by otumfour(m): 11:01am On Jun 21, 2011
I don' know what this dude is tlkn abt , yes the fon heats up a lil but, u make it sound as if its like touching fire grin lmao! till u cap urself an SGS2 handset, u have no right to tlk abt tht mahn grin
Re: Android, Anyone? by MrTA(m): 1:02pm On Jun 21, 2011
Double N:

Check here [b]http://www.cyanogenmod.com/devices/samsung-galaxy-s[/b]Oga you sure say you dey this world at all?

My mistake, I thought he wanted it for the SGS2 for the SGS.
Re: Android, Anyone? by DoubleN(m): 9:46pm On Jun 21, 2011
Mr_TA:

My mistake, I thought he wanted it for the SGS2 for the SGS.
Ok.
Re: Android, Anyone? by belushi7: 10:30pm On Jun 21, 2011
@fanistic, all devices have their flaws. however , in the case of the sgs2, all tech sites have rated it best smartphone on the planet . try get one, I am sure your wow experience wont allow you notice any temperature change. But really, is there any 1Ghz processor smartphone which wont feel warm to the touch while running multiple apps at the same time? the good part of sgs2 is it wont lag while others do. I presently own an sgs but I have played with the sgs2. will soon upgrade to it though cos I just don't see any other phone like it.
Re: Android, Anyone? by texazzpete(m): 10:38pm On Jun 21, 2011
belushi7:

@fanistic, all devices have their flaws. however , in the case of the sgs2, all tech sites have rated it best smartphone on the planet . try get one, I am sure your wow experience wont allow you notice any temperature change. But really, is there any 1Ghz processor smartphone which wont feel warm to the touch while running multiple apps at the same time? [b]the good part of sgs2 is it wont lag while others do. [/b]I presently own an sgs but I have played with the sgs2. will soon upgrade to it though cos I just don't see any other phone like it.

Just a comment on the bolded text. There are many other Android phones with Dual core processors that do not lag at all.

blapo:

what do you guys think about htc legend, though the screen is a minus for me compared to other htc phones. moreover of all the telecomms in the country which one is arguably the best for data services. mtn seems to be very easy to configure but the cost is killing.

Unless you're severely constrained by cash, do not buy the HTC Legend. it's strictly a lower tier Android phone now
Re: Android, Anyone? by 4llerbuntu(m): 11:32am On Jun 22, 2011
music player with equalizer oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
Re: Android, Anyone? by belushi7: 11:49am On Jun 22, 2011
@4llerbuntu, poweramp and playerpro have equalizers. you don't have to buy, the free version gives you all the goodies as well
Re: Android, Anyone? by linkin8k(m): 3:08pm On Jun 22, 2011
Having problem deciding between HTC Desire s and nexus s. And is nexus s available in nigeria? DSCL only have desire s.
Re: Android, Anyone? by fanistic(m): 3:48pm On Jun 22, 2011
@fanistic, all devices have their flaws. however , in the case of the sgs2, all tech sites have rated it best smartphone on the planet . try get one, I am sure your wow experience wont allow you notice any temperature change. But really, is there any 1Ghz processor smartphone which wont feel warm to the touch while running multiple apps at the same time? the good part of sgs2 is it wont lag while others do. I presently own an sgs but I have played with the sgs2. will soon upgrade to it though cos I just don't see any other phone like it.

i actually own a htc desire and was thinking of upgrading to the sensation but the death grip issue simply ruled that out for me, also to hear the sgs2 heats up pretty well. when would we get that perfect phone with all the exorbitant price tag without the so called flaws? in my opinion the desire rocks and when a get a phone that is stable i'd jump wagon.
Re: Android, Anyone? by naijatoday: 8:48pm On Jun 22, 2011
fanistic:

i actually own a htc desire and was thinking of upgrading to the sensation [b]but the death grip issue [/b]simply ruled that out for me, also to hear the sgs2 heats up pretty well. when would we get that perfect phone with all the exorbitant price tag without the so called flaws? in my opinion the desire rocks and when a get a phone that is stable i'd jump wagon.

What death grip issue? please explain because I am 2 days away from buying the HTC sensation.
Re: Android, Anyone? by 4llerbuntu(m): 10:09pm On Jun 22, 2011
i have player pro but i sure as hell cannot find any equalizer. anyways i solved my ish by grabbing cubed.

incidentally i found something even better, a fone wide dsp equalizer. lovely app
Re: Android, Anyone? by Seaen(m): 10:47pm On Jun 22, 2011
Please where can i get a sgs2 in lagos and the price. Thanks.
Re: Android, Anyone? by naijatoday: 12:34am On Jun 23, 2011
naijatoday:

What death grip issue? please explain because I am 2 days away from buying the HTC sensation.

okay i see the death grip issue
Re: Android, Anyone? by otumfour(m): 6:11am On Jun 23, 2011
Seæn:

Please where can i get a sgs2 in lagos and the price. Thanks.

I have 1 samsung galaxy s 2 here, unfortunately, am in GH.
Re: Android, Anyone? by ziccoit: 6:37am On Jun 23, 2011
Very soon we will be able to run Android apps via Myriad's Alien Dalvik software on any OS starting with MeeGo. You know what? Nokia N9 is announced with mouth gaping specs and performance. I think this is going to be my next phone. I will have to put hold on SGS 2 for now.
Re: Android, Anyone? by twinskenny(m): 6:44am On Jun 23, 2011
otumfour:

I have 1 samsung galaxy s 2 here, unfortunately, am in GH.

how much? inbox me twinskenny@gmail.com
Re: Android, Anyone? by DoubleN(m): 9:33am On Jun 23, 2011
linkin8k:

Having problem deciding between HTC Desire s and nexus s. And is nexus s available in nigeria? DSCL only have desire s.
Go for the HTC Desire S, packs everything you will need.
fanistic:

i actually own a htc desire and was thinking of upgrading to the sensation but the death grip issue simply ruled that out for me, also to hear the sgs2 heats up pretty well. when would we get that perfect phone with all the exorbitant price tag without the so called flaws? in my opinion the desire rocks and when a get a phone that is stable i'd jump wagon.
There will never be a time when there will be a 'perfect phone'.The best bet is to get what works for you,Period!
Re: Android, Anyone? by Lexusgs430: 9:41am On Jun 23, 2011
Double N:

Go for the HTC Desire S, packs everything you will need.There will never be a time when there will be a 'perfect phone'.The best bet is to get what works for you,Period!

Well spoken Double N !!!! QED
Re: Android, Anyone? by texazzpete(m): 2:42pm On Jun 23, 2011
ziccoit:

Very soon we will be able to run Android apps via Myriad's Alien Dalvik software on any OS starting with MeeGo. You know what? Nokia N9 is announced with mouth gaping specs and performance. I think this is going to be my next phone. I will have to put hold on SGS 2 for now.

You call those specs 'Mouth gaping'? A 2009 era 1GHz processor and the Power VR SGX 530 that came out with the iPhone 3GS in 2009?

Abeg give me the location of the rock you've been hiding under, may come in handy if we really see lotsa disasters in 2012 grin
Re: Android, Anyone? by texazzpete(m): 2:43pm On Jun 23, 2011
fanistic:

Dude, the SGS 2 is the hottest phone on the block for good reason. Lots of phones heat up at one time or the other and i have not heard any widespread claims of overheating for the SGS 2.
Re: Android, Anyone? by Nobody: 6:33pm On Jun 23, 2011
how much for d brand new desire s n where can i get 1?
Really thinking of getting 1 real soon
Re: Android, Anyone? by ziccoit: 6:57pm On Jun 23, 2011
texazzpete:

You call those specs 'Mouth gaping'? A 2009 era 1GHz processor and the Power VR SGX 530 that came out with the iPhone 3GS in 2009?

Abeg give me the location of the rock you've been hiding under, may come in handy if we really see lotsa disasters in 2012  grin

You didn't consider N9 to be the first and only smartphone so far to be running MeeGo OS before you made the headlong diving.

If by that you still don't consider a 1GHz processor and the Power VR SGX 530 a mouth gaping on an 'experimental' OS first of its kinds, I wonder what you would have done if you were to head the company rolling out an OS without apps support or ecosystem.
Re: Android, Anyone? by texazzpete(m): 11:53pm On Jun 23, 2011
ziccoit:

You didn't consider N9 to be the first and only smartphone so far to be running MeeGo OS before you made the headlong diving.

If by that you still don't consider a 1GHz processor and the Power VR SGX 530 a mouth gaping on an 'experimental' OS first of its kinds, I wonder what you would have done if you were to head the company rolling out an OS without apps support or ecosystem.

Dude, you're a m'oron.
You mentioned 'mouth gaping specs'. Why are you now changing mouth? Even Engadget and Gizmodo accept that the CPU in the N9 is hardly cutting edge in these dual core days and the SGX 530 has been out since the iPhone 3GS (Fun fact: it was first announced in 2006).

The Harmattan Maemo in the N9 is hardly as 'experimental' as you would have us believe. How is it a 'first of its kind' when it is a refresh of the same OS that shipped on the N900 in 2009?

In summary, the OS does not make the specs 'mouth gaping'. I have been enjoying the intelligent discourse in this section for a while, please don't taint it with your imbecility.
Re: Android, Anyone? by ziccoit: 1:48am On Jun 24, 2011
texazzpete:

Dude, you're a m'oron.
You mentioned 'mouth gaping specs'. Why are you now changing mouth? Even Engadget and Gizmodo accept that the CPU in the N9 is hardly cutting edge in these dual core days and the SGX 530 has been out since the iPhone 3GS (Fun fact: it was first announced in 2006).

The Harmattan Maemo in the N9 is hardly as 'experimental' as you would have us believe. How is it a 'first of its kind' when it is a refresh of the same OS that shipped on the N900 in 2009?

In summary, the OS does not make the specs 'mouth gaping'. I have been enjoying the intelligent discourse in this section for a while, please don't taint it with your imbecility.

Here you are again diving. You people can't just put across a view without plunging into the mud of immoralities by resulting to insults and name callings. This honestly wanted me to meet you people and accessed your personality. Yes.

If my analogy is beyond the comprehension of your self-esteemed internet warriors lord, I advised you to blindfold yourself and quickly walk away from my posts.

After all, I have a right to my 'moronic', 'unintelligent' and 'imbecility' opinion. Again,(you might have been advised before) you need to come down from your self-acclaimed high so that you avail yourself the opportunity to learn new things in this life that's full of knowledge.

I see in you,an arrogance of immeasurable dimensions. Good day.
Re: Android, Anyone? by texazzpete(m): 7:11am On Jun 24, 2011
ziccoit:

Here you are again diving. You people can't just put across a view without plunging into the mud of immoralities by resulting to insults and name callings. This honestly wanted me to meet you people and accessed your personality. Yes.

If my analogy is beyond the comprehension of your self-esteemed internet warriors lord, I advised you to blindfold yourself and quickly walk away from my posts.

After all, I have a right to my 'moronic', 'unintelligent' and 'imbecility' opinion. Again,(you might have been advised before) you need to come down from your self-acclaimed high so that you avail yourself the opportunity to learn new things in this life that's full of knowledge.

I see in you,an arrogance of immeasurable dimensions. Good day.

You know, an online persona isn't really a 100% approximation of how someone really is online. But in your case, it's clear that you're daft enough not to know the meaning of the word 'analogy'.

I have 0% arrogance and a 100% intolerance for imbecility. With most comparison metrics (CPU, GPU, screen size) your 'mouth gaping specs' statement has been shown up.

Your final argument is as foolish as saying the Google Cr-48 Chromebook (which comes with netbook class intel Atom CPUs) is equipped with 'mouth gaping specs' because it's running a niche OS.
Abeg accept your ignorance and keep quiet.
Re: Android, Anyone? by ziccoit: 8:24am On Jun 24, 2011
texazzpete:

You know, an online persona isn't really a 100% approximation of how someone really is online. But in your case, it's clear that you're daft enough not to know the meaning of the word 'analogy'.

I have 0% arrogance and a 100% intolerance for imbecility. With most comparison metrics (CPU, GPU, screen size) your 'mouth gaping specs' statement has been shown up.

Your final argument is as foolish as saying the Google Cr-48 Chromebook (which comes with netbook class intel Atom CPUs) is equipped with 'mouth gaping specs' because it's running a niche OS.
Abeg accept your ignorance and keep quiet.

You are just busy employing crook and illogical methods of winning an argument. I am a type that handles people like you everyday.

Your type are professionals in use of emotional words, begging the questions, name calling, attacking the personality instead of addressing the issues, cursing etc. You know what? I have immunity against such.

The parameters that make up a phone specs and ultimately determine the performance are more than 20. There have never been a complete tech. I have what should make the list, out of those parameters, when prioritising my type of phones. If the Manufacture has done well on such that is 'mouth gaping'.

You still need to polish yourself off more. Arrogance is running in your blood vessels.

(1) (2) (3) ... (29) (30) (31) (32) (33) (34) (35) ... (112)

How To Borrow Airtime From Glo Using “borrow Me Credit” / How To Install Whatsapp On A Nokia S40 Phones / The Galaxy A Series!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.