Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,197,149 members, 7,963,762 topics. Date: Tuesday, 01 October 2024 at 06:16 PM

Android, Anyone? - Phones (34) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Android, Anyone? (188356 Views)

Where Can I Get The Oneplus One Android. Anyone? / Icmp Isssh Android Anyone droid vpn + bis? / Android, Anyone? Part II (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (31) (32) (33) (34) (35) (36) (37) ... (112) (Go Down)

Re: Android, Anyone? by 4llerbuntu(m): 9:25am On Jun 30, 2011
is PES playable on a touchscreen with no hardware buttons/keyboard?
Re: Android, Anyone? by Nobody: 7:56pm On Jun 30, 2011
need a brand new good quality phone prefarably of the android stock. Which phone would u suggest i buy?[color=#006600][/color]
Re: Android, Anyone? by DoubleN(m): 11:01pm On Jun 30, 2011
4llerbuntu:

is PES playable on a touchscreen with no hardware buttons/keyboard?
Very very playable!! The game uses onscreen controls.
Re: Android, Anyone? by nastydamus(m): 9:42pm On Jul 01, 2011
Grabbed a hot deal today, bought an android phone for £39.99 on o2 network as an alleged pay -as-you-go phone but it came unlocked. Oh, it's a Samsung galaxy europa with 1gb card, installed froyo 2.2 immediately.
For a cheap handset, am impressed. Using it to post this.
Android rocks o. Off to more pimping as i've my sights on need for speed shift.
Re: Android, Anyone? by belushi7: 5:20am On Jul 02, 2011
There are enough high quality games, hero of sparta, killer dungeon hunter,  splintercell, prince of persia, asphalt 6, contract killer e.t.c. with sizes BTW 200mb to 400mb.
Re: Android, Anyone? by DoubleN(m): 8:38am On Jul 02, 2011
dsunmade:

need a brand new good quality phone prefarably of the android stock. Which phone would u suggest i buy?[color=#006600][/color]
If you are fully loaded with cash, go for the Samsung Galaxy SII but if otherwise and you are on a budget go for the HTC Desire S.
Re: Android, Anyone? by Nobody: 11:11am On Jul 02, 2011
Android can also emulate games.

N64 Mario Kart anyone?

Growing extensive library of essential apps available too
Re: Android, Anyone? by moonraker(m): 9:41am On Jul 03, 2011
Anyone notice how bad the screen quality is on the HTC Senssation compared

to the samsung galaxy s2 or HD Desire?? shocked Gosh, the dual core processor on the

sensation is soooo not worth it for me!!!!
Re: Android, Anyone? by olatiler(m): 9:21pm On Jul 03, 2011
@All!! am urgently need ur assistant, i have a i9000 Galaxy s with froyo2.2 which am previously using with MTN 3.5G b4 i upgrade it to 2.3.3 Gingerbread. after the upgrading, i can only recieve, make a call & send msg but the phone fail to bring out only MTN browsing network such as GPRS EDGE or 3.5G while is not like that on other network such as Airtel & Etisalat PLS come to my rescue.
Re: Android, Anyone? by lynxnoon(m): 9:41pm On Jul 03, 2011
olatiler:

@All!! am urgently need your assistant, i have a i9000 Galaxy s with froyo2.2 which am previously using with MTN 3.5G b4 i upgrade it to 2.3.3 Gingerbread. after the upgrading, i can only recieve, make a call & send msg but the phone fail to bring out only MTN browsing network such as GPRS EDGE or 3.5G while is not like that on other network such as Airtel & Etisalat PLS come to my rescue.
Don't really get what you mean but do a network search for gsm only and wcdma only and see if it picks any signal,
it might just be that the network ain't strong where you are or mtn having issues in that area
Cheers
Re: Android, Anyone? by geminititan: 12:31pm On Jul 04, 2011
After doing some research on android phones and bla bla bla I've narrowed it down to:
<b>HTC Sensation</b>
(Great resolution, huge screen, DC processor, 8MP camera, recent OS & UI so no need to root)
(high price)

<b>HTC Incredible S</b>
(8MP cam, perfectly sized screen, reasonably priced I think)
(Ugly body, outdated OS & UI, resolution nt so good)

<b>HTC Desire S</b>
(Cheaper dan Incredible S, sleek unibody, better resolution)
(Smaller screen, old sense UI, 5MP cam)

Would've added the Motorola Atrix but its expensive and has features that I don't need so no.

My question is How much do the phones cost in nigeria if anyone here knows AND can I get OS and UI upgrades in nigeria without rooting the phone or wiping it?
I'm leaning on the incredible s if I can get upgrades and if it isn't much more expensive that the desire s AND on the sensation if the price is something I can pull off. So it mostly depends on d prices n possibility of upgrades.
Thanks in advance to d folks that actually read it. Yeah its really long, that bitch!ld sense UI, 5MP cam)

Would've added the Motorola Atrix but its expensive and has features that I don't need so no.

My question is How much do the phones cost in nigeria if anyone here knows AND can I get OS and UI upgrades in nigeria without rooting the phone or wiping it?
I'm leaning on the incredible s if I can get upgrades and if it isn't much more expensive that the desire s AND on the sensation if the price is something I can pull off. So it mostly depends on d prices n possibility of upgrades.
Thanks in advance to d folks that actually read it. Yeah its really long, that bitch!
Re: Android, Anyone? by geminititan: 12:35pm On Jul 04, 2011
So that's what happens when u use a phone on here. I could've sworn I didn't type that twice. Let me try this again <b> Haha!<\b>
Re: Android, Anyone? by hopeday: 1:53pm On Jul 04, 2011
@Double N

Pls where can I get DESIRE S. I having been using WILDFIRE with froyo 2.2 and need to upgrade to gingerbread 2.3 with bigger screen. Android rules!!!!!!
Re: Android, Anyone? by DoubleN(m): 2:08pm On Jul 04, 2011
gemini_titan:

After doing some research on android phones and bla bla bla I've narrowed it down to:
<b>HTC Sensation</b>
(Great resolution, huge screen, DC processor, 8MP camera, recent OS & UI so no need to root)
(high price)

<b>HTC Incredible S</b>
(8MP cam, perfectly sized screen, reasonably priced I think)
(Ugly body, outdated OS & UI, resolution nt so good)

<b>HTC Desire S</b>
(Cheaper dan Incredible S, sleek unibody, better resolution)
(Smaller screen, old sense UI, 5MP cam)

Thanks in advance to d folks that actually read it. Yeah its really long, that NaughtyWoman!ld sense UI, 5MP cam)

Thanks in advance to d folks that actually read it. Yeah its really long, that NaughtyWoman!

One Key thing for me when buying an android device is the ability to root.If you are a Power user(or hope to be one wink) , you will definitely need root access to your device. As for the 3 devices you listed, i will say go for the Desire S because you will get everything done on the device without paying the premium for the HTC Sensation and in due time will get root access.
As for the update issue, you will get updates as need be as long as you don't buy one that has been carrier locked to a specific network.

AS it stand now,if you want a Dual Core Phone go for the Samsung Galaxy SII.

hopeday:

@Double N

Pls where can I get DESIRE S. I having been using WILDFIRE with froyo 2.2 and need to upgrade to gingerbread 2.3 with bigger screen. Android rules!!!!!!
You can check DSCL on Adeola Odeku (Opposite Adenuga Towers). As at the last time i checked it was 70K.

Android definitely rules! wink
Re: Android, Anyone? by tmoney1980(m): 2:50pm On Jul 04, 2011
Dear Nairapals,

Public Announcement: HOT New Arrival flytouch VIA 8650 7" Android 2.2 ePad Tablet PC support flash 10.1, 800 MHz, RAM 256.

Yes You Can Now Order For Your Brand New Epad/Ipad From Us At A Cheaper Price.

Screen Size:

7.2"

Products Status:

Stock

Graphics Card Type:

Integrated Card

Brand Name:

OEM

Type:

Netbook,Tablet PC,UMPC,Not,

Processor Main Frequency:

Contact Abayomi Taiwo On 08039259477 Or No 20 Shapon Road Kenta-oloko, Abeokuta. Ogun-State.
Re: Android, Anyone? by hopeday: 3:01pm On Jul 04, 2011
I have a white HTC WILDFIRE with froyo 2.2 and a LG MINI 10.1' laptop for sale. The HTC is clean like new, never been dropped, 3 months old with receipt and pack. When I say clean, I mean so.

The LG mini's OS is xp with original Norton 2011 still with about 300 days to go. It's black with white keyboard.

Interested and serious buyers to call or mail

trippleconsent@yahoo.co.uk
trippleconsent@hotmail.com

I will advise you don't flash or sms as I will not return so, make a proper call or better still send a mail. I am based in Ifo, Ogun State. thanx

Re: Android, Anyone? by DoubleN(m): 3:18pm On Jul 04, 2011
You for try use the Market Place advertise na. undecided . We don't want this tread derailing.
Re: Android, Anyone? by hopeday: 3:33pm On Jul 04, 2011
I'm sorry ppl, been trying to delete this post but don't know how. I have just found out the forum I should have used. I really am sorry and thanx Double N.

Can any1 help on how to delete, tried the modify option but not working. I will be waiting online.
Re: Android, Anyone? by 4llerbuntu(m): 3:42pm On Jul 04, 2011
i managed to uninstall my keyboard. (dont ask)

i dont feel like flashing a new rom anymore.

what am i gonna do? cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry
Re: Android, Anyone? by lynxnoon(m): 4:37pm On Jul 04, 2011
@4ller
You can get good keyboard apps in the market
Well as for me i use swype and men it's AWESOME!!
Re: Android, Anyone? by DoubleN(m): 4:44pm On Jul 04, 2011
lynxnoon:

@4ller
You can get good keyboard apps in the market
Well as for me i use swype and men it's AWESOME!!

Ori e owambe Bros!
Re: Android, Anyone? by 4llerbuntu(m): 5:18pm On Jul 04, 2011
how mush?

na the gingerbread keyboard i install wey start the issues sef.

swype is not free na abi?
Re: Android, Anyone? by lynxnoon(m): 5:41pm On Jul 04, 2011
@4ller
It's very free. Just register on their sure and they will send you a link which you will use on your phone to download a compatible version for your phone
Cheers
Re: Android, Anyone? by otumfour(m): 5:21am On Jul 05, 2011
Samsung's Galaxy S II becomes company's quickest selling phone: three million in 55 days
BY DARREN MURPH
POSTED JUL 3RD 2011 01:04PM

Samsung sold three million of its original Galaxy S phone in 85 days. A few months later, a full ten million had been moved. Now, it looks as if the superphone's proper successor may put that latter statistic to shame. The outfit just announced that it took but 55 days to move three million Galaxy S II handsets, which works out to one phone every 1.5 seconds. It's Sammy's briskest-selling smartphone ever, and we're guessing that it'll keep up the pace once that AT&T variant lands on US soil. Which is coming soon, right Samsung?
Show full PR text
Samsung GALAXY S II reaches 3 Million global sales

SEOUL, KOREA--(Korea Newswire) -- Samsung Electronics Co., Ltd, a global leader in digital media and digital convergence technologies, today announced that the Samsung GALAXY S II(Model: GT-I9100), has reached global channel sales of 3 million units.

The GALAXY S II is Samsung's flagship smartphone device; a beautifully thin (8.49mm) and lightweight, dual-core smartphone that combines an unmatched Super AMOLED Plus viewing experience with incredible performance, all on Android, the world's fastest-growing mobile operating system. The next generation smartphone also includes exclusive access to Samsung's four new content and entertainment hubs, seamlessly integrated to provide instant access to music, games, e-reading and social networking services.

"Announced at Mobile World Congress 2011, the GALAXY S II represents our most advanced smartphone to date and demonstrates Samsung's commitment to deliver premium, market-defining devices,"and "This milestone reflects the continued strong support from our carrier partners around the world who have chosen the GALAXY S II as their flagship Android device." said JK Shin, President and Head of Samsung's Mobile Communications Business.
grin grin
Re: Android, Anyone? by otumfour(m): 5:57am On Jul 05, 2011
Samsung to make the 3RD Nexus device- the Nexus Prime with 1280x720 Super Amoled Plus Display- sweeeet tongue grin grin
Ice-cream sandwich! Here we come.
Re: Android, Anyone? by geminititan: 8:00am On Jul 05, 2011
otumfour:

Samsung to make the 3RD Nexus device- the Nexus Prime with 1280x720 Super Amoled Plus Display- sweeeet tongue grin grin
Ice-cream sandwich! Here we come.
This phone's resolution will even be better than the iphone 4's "retina display" Apple's been screaming about if they don't go beyond a 4" screen. The only problem will be the price. The folks abroad can afford to constantly change phones with technology cuz they buy from the networks there at a reduced price (Wonder when Verizon will come to naija). I'll just manage one of the mid-end single core S devices. I don't see why I should buy a phone for 120 grand.
Re: Android, Anyone? by 4llerbuntu(m): 12:48pm On Jul 05, 2011
@ gemini_titan.

are u merely slumming on the tech boards or you are really female?

i ask cos after reading some of your posts, you come across as a guy. way u talk etc. #not a slur or gender bias thing

for 1 i dont know any woman who would baulk at buying a phone for that sum provided the cash is available. women excel at spending money grin grin grin grin
Re: Android, Anyone? by 4llerbuntu(m): 4:13pm On Jul 05, 2011
hot

Re: Android, Anyone? by Azanor(m): 10:18am On Jul 06, 2011
Does anyone have the Phone Number of DSCL? I'm in Abuja and I want to find out their prices for Android Phones
Re: Android, Anyone? by N101: 7:12pm On Jul 06, 2011
Azanor:

Does anyone have the Phone Number of DSCL? I'm in Abuja and I want to find out their prices for Android Phones

Try these numbers:

01262 9053
01765 3641
0803 3062260

(1) (2) (3) ... (31) (32) (33) (34) (35) (36) (37) ... (112)

How To Borrow Airtime From Glo Using “borrow Me Credit” / How To Install Whatsapp On A Nokia S40 Phones / The Galaxy A Series!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.