Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,671 members, 7,816,760 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 04:36 PM

Package Delivery Problems: USPS And NIPOST - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Package Delivery Problems: USPS And NIPOST (453964 Views)

NIPOST To Introduce Banking Services To Rural Areas — Shittu / USPS Package Delivery Problems / Have U Used USPS Or EMS Lately? Share Your Experience (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (106) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Package Delivery Problems: USPS And NIPOST by guru02(m): 3:03pm On Jan 25, 2010
@all,
I also want to ship some electronic which i bought only to Nigeria, which company should i use?
As USPS and Nipost are not reliable, which is reliable.
Re: Package Delivery Problems: USPS And NIPOST by fofura(f): 5:04am On Feb 19, 2010
I'm going thru the same thing. I want to send something nice for husband's birthday but I know the post will steal whatever, I don't even want send photos because I don't want the employees looking at me. embarassed I checked DHL but the list they have of prohibited items is so long and full of most of what I would like to send. I sent many things back to naija over the last 3 years that never arrived. You have to camp out in the post headqaurters maybe and inspect every package coming in to make sure u get yours. I think DHL is better known and would bet on them.
Re: Package Delivery Problems: USPS And NIPOST by aaa3: 6:38pm On Jan 06, 2011
o boy how long does it take for custom release a package from usps?anybody pls.usps said 6-10 its more than 6-10 now and everytime i track it it says its with nigerian custom.what do i do?
Re: Package Delivery Problems: USPS And NIPOST by geniusauthor(m): 11:57am On Jul 08, 2011
I bought a product from china and the supplier shipped it through CHINA POST MAIL.I have not been able to get the product here.I went to the tracking site and I saw "unsuccessful delivery".The buyer told me to that the product was brought to me but I was not there to pick it.He said I should go to my post office.
Please I need help! Which one of the post office or should I be looking for china post office in Nigeria?
Re: Package Delivery Problems: USPS And NIPOST by Fogman(m): 7:12pm On Jul 08, 2011
geniusauthor:

I bought a product from china and the supplier shipped it through CHINA POST MAIL.I have not been able to get the product here.I went to the tracking site and I saw "unsuccessful delivery".The buyer told me to that the product was brought to me but I was not there to pick it.He said I should go to my post office.
Please I need help! Which one of the post office or should I be looking for china post office in Nigeria?

if you are at mainland, go to Shomolu post office or check the nearest post office to your address and they ll direct you accordingly. If in Island, check GPO Marina.

Please send me ur email, i need to confirm something from u about china shopping. My email is. Fogmannmails@yahoo.com

1 Like

Re: Package Delivery Problems: USPS And NIPOST by billtommy(m): 10:21am On Jul 17, 2011
hello please a broda of mine wants to send 2 phones to me,i want to know the difference between usps,nipost and ems,which one is advisable and how do i go about it?
Re: Package Delivery Problems: USPS And NIPOST by luckynclin: 10:23pm On Jul 19, 2011
PLEASE DEAR HOUSE, HOW CAN I LOCATE THE DHL OFFICE OR THEIR MAIN OFFICE IN LAGOS, PRECISELY IKEJA?
THANKS.

ENGR. IGWILO
Re: Package Delivery Problems: USPS And NIPOST by nnaobodo1: 12:56pm On Jul 25, 2011
@lucky call 012700908
Re: Package Delivery Problems: USPS And NIPOST by ololo12: 10:18am On Aug 09, 2011
@ Poster. I am in the same Dilemma. My In-Law shipped a package through EMS( Content are Iphone, Mini Laptop and Watch). They said it takes 3-5 days to arrive the destination. It's going to 2 weeks the package hasn't arrived. I don't know what to think or do. I've used Ems in the past with no hiccups or complain whatsoever. Someone told me if the senders name is different from the receiver name, they might think it's yahoo yahoo package. And they will steal it. I don't know what do to. Please somebody help me!!!
Re: Package Delivery Problems: USPS And NIPOST by Jsteed: 3:24pm On Aug 09, 2011
Try go to the post office with the tracking number, if it is through EMS, I dont think they will deliver it to your house, you must find which post office in your area that handles EMS package. It is a very bad practice with nigerian post office, they will take all the money but they will not deliver the package to its final destination, your package may be sitting in their office waiting for you to look for it, That was my own experience
Re: Package Delivery Problems: USPS And NIPOST by ololo12: 7:06am On Aug 10, 2011
I've been countless number of times, throughout last week. They keep telling me the package hasn't arrived. Normally, the package is suppose to take 1 week to arrive. The tracking number is EQ782992012US. Somebody please help,
Re: Package Delivery Problems: USPS And NIPOST by lovemuah: 11:41am On Aug 10, 2011
PLEASE HELP ME, I AM IN THE SAME SITUATION, I SENT OUT AN ELECTRONIC PACKAGE VIA USPS TO MY FIANCE. IT WAS SENT ON THE 7 OF JULY, I WAS TOLD IT TAKES 2 WEEKS TO GET TO MY DESTINATION, IT PAST TWO WEEK NOW AND IT HAD NOT BEEN DELIVERED, I WENT TO THE NEAREST USPS TO ASK, THEY SAID ITS AT MY DESTINATION, BUT THEY KEPT TELL MY FIANCE IT HAS NOT ARRIVED YET, I KNOW SO WELL THE PACKAGE IS IN NIGERIA, I NEED HELP ON GETTING IT, PLSSSS cry
Re: Package Delivery Problems: USPS And NIPOST by Jsteed: 5:31pm On Aug 10, 2011
@ololo12, that is very scary, but I have sent phones to lagos nigeria many times within the last 2-3months, all the package were recieved in nigeria, I have always used EMS by usps. from your tracking number I doubt if you really used EMS, because tracking number with EMS usually start with EGxxxxxxxxxxxxUS and not EQ. The problem with nigerian post office is they will not notify you of the arrival of your package, so find out the post office in nigeria that handles EMS package in your local area in nigeria
Re: Package Delivery Problems: USPS And NIPOST by Jsteed: 5:56pm On Aug 10, 2011
@lovemuah
are you sure you sent it through EMS, usually they will tell you 3-5 business day, but sometimes it last up to 6-10days because of delay in nigeria. they will not tell you 2 weeks if you are sending by EMS
Re: Package Delivery Problems: USPS And NIPOST by lovemuah: 2:27am On Aug 11, 2011
I sent it via usps, the lady told me it had to go through he Nigeria custom form, I don't know if its ems, all i know is that it was posted via usps
Re: Package Delivery Problems: USPS And NIPOST by Jsteed: 2:37am On Aug 11, 2011
as long as it is a package, it must pass through customs and you will file custom form, how much did you pay to ship it, usually EMS via usps is more expensive than priority mail or classified mail, classified mail takes longer than all of them
Re: Package Delivery Problems: USPS And NIPOST by lovemuah: 3:02am On Aug 11, 2011
It took me $18 to send it, i used first class mail
Re: Package Delivery Problems: USPS And NIPOST by lovemuah: 3:14am On Aug 11, 2011
the only number i got was the custom form number, the lady told me to give it custom number to the ems, but when my fiance tells them the number all he gets is there's no such or it as not arrived yet.
Re: Package Delivery Problems: USPS And NIPOST by Jsteed: 3:15am On Aug 11, 2011
i think that is the problem, first class mail takes time. I sent one blackberry phone to my brother in Germany via first class mail since june, but he never recieved it till today, I dont know what happen to it, and you can not track it
Re: Package Delivery Problems: USPS And NIPOST by Jsteed: 3:18am On Aug 11, 2011
I dont think custom number is trackable, if you track it at usps, it will only say your package is in transit
Re: Package Delivery Problems: USPS And NIPOST by lovemuah: 3:42am On Aug 11, 2011
that is what it said on usps web site, i don't know what to give my fiance, so he can get the package,
Re: Package Delivery Problems: USPS And NIPOST by Jsteed: 3:47am On Aug 11, 2011
classified mail does not go through ems, rather your fiance should go to regular post office in nigeria and give them the custom number and try and see if they have package
Re: Package Delivery Problems: USPS And NIPOST by lovemuah: 7:22am On Aug 11, 2011
how long does it takes for mails to get through Nigeria custom facility?
Re: Package Delivery Problems: USPS And NIPOST by Jsteed: 4:15pm On Aug 11, 2011
I have no idea,
Re: Package Delivery Problems: USPS And NIPOST by ololo12: 9:19am On Aug 12, 2011
@ JSteed. I've been using EMS for all the time. The package was sent to me via Express Mail Internation 3-5 working days. Here is the tracking update

You entered: EQ782992012US

Your Item's Status Your item was processed through our ISC CHICAGO IL (USPS) facility on July 26, 2011 at 8:24 pm. The item is currently in transit to the destination.
See Details

And till now the package hasn't arrived. There is something fishy about it. Normally the package is suppose to be shipped out from NY ISC, But it's showing CHICAGO ISC. I have a feeling that the package is still in America or i might just be wrong. I don't know what to think

I am so confused and worried about it
Re: Package Delivery Problems: USPS And NIPOST by Jsteed: 2:36pm On Aug 12, 2011
if the status shows only chicago, it may still be here in america, you are right, once it leaves new york, that is when you can say it has been shipped, I wonder why it hasnt be shipped out of new york,
Re: Package Delivery Problems: USPS And NIPOST by mavinc4u(f): 11:05pm On Aug 25, 2011
ololo12:

@ JSteed. I've been using EMS for all the time. The package was sent to me via Express Mail Internation 3-5 working days. Here is the tracking update

Your Item's Status Your item was processed through our ISC CHICAGO IL (USPS) facility on July 26, 2011 at 8:24 pm. The item is currently in transit to the destination.
See Details

And till now the package hasn't arrived. There is something fishy about it. Normally the package is suppose to be shipped out from NY ISC, But it's showing CHICAGO ISC. I have a feeling that the package is still in America or i might just be wrong. I don't know what to think

two things are involved here;is possible it hasn't left America because it didn't pass new york isc and is possible it had left America but they didn't update their tracking number.if what you are expecting is one item,then there is a possible of been stolen in Nigeria but if is more than one,your package is still in America.Reason it can't be easily stolen because of the weight but if the weight is light one person can take it and put in his bag before other staff notice what is going on.

lovemuah:

that is what it said on usps web site, i don't know what to give my fiance, so he can get the package,
you made a mistake by sending an electromic through that means.give your fiance the tracking number or rather custom number to try his luck at the postoffice closest to him.he should go with his national id card or drivers license or international passport and state his address where he lives.your package is with the Nigeria postmen at the post office there,they call such package local.they are thieves there.you should have asked your fiance to go to post office and make friend with one of the post men in case the item should arrive.as far as am concern,any item that doesn't have E,C or R are stolen by those men,if it doesn't have tracking number or may be has L as tracking number,they call it local and anything can happen to it there.they shouldn't tell him anything about custom when he gets there cos such item doesn't pass custom.once such item leaves America,the next people that lays their hand on such item and open it are those postmen in the post office of your address.custom don't open packages sent through that means cos they believe nobody will send expensive item through that means.most of our post men are thieves,they are the one spoiling the image of this country.pray that the package enters the Good Samaritan's hand and they kept it for the owner.the service you used takes 7days.
geniusauthor:

there is nothing like china post in Nigeria,it is at our Nipost you will claim your item,if it has tracking number,i believe is R.check nipost.gov.ng .or check track-trace.com.or simply go to Nahco at international airport ikeja to assist you in tracking it but if you can get any number online then call them.
ololo12:

See Details

you can be checking on this site to know when it arrives www.emsng.com
Re: Package Delivery Problems: USPS And NIPOST by Jsteed: 11:23pm On Aug 25, 2011
@mavinc
thanks for the website, I never know nigeria has ems website that is trackable in nigeria, but they should do a better job in updating the status of the item, Items that I have recieved days ago still showed undeliverable status on the website
Re: Package Delivery Problems: USPS And NIPOST by mavinc4u(f): 11:43pm On Aug 25, 2011
Jsteed:

@ololo12, that is very scary, but I have sent phones to lagos nigeria many times within the last 2-3months, all the package were recieved in nigeria, I have always used EMS by usps. from your tracking number I doubt if you really used EMS, because tracking number with EMS usually start with EGxxxxxxxxxxxxUS and not EQ. The problem with nigerian post office is they will not notify you of the arrival of your package, so find out the post office in nigeria that handles EMS package in your local area in nigeria

ems can start with any letter after E.the ems post men drops a note to the receivers address that he or she has a package to claim with how much that is involve to pay and you are to visit their office with the card
Jsteed:

@mavinc
thanks for the website, I never know nigeria has ems website that is trackable in nigeria, but they should do a better job in updating the status of the item, Items that I have recieved days ago still showed undeliverable status on the website

undeliverable meaning they attempted delivery but it didn't go through.they have improved to the extent of inputting the receivers name online and the day it was delivered.may be you received your item recently.
Re: Package Delivery Problems: USPS And NIPOST by Jsteed: 12:03am On Aug 26, 2011
I think they are trying now
Re: Package Delivery Problems: USPS And NIPOST by Jsteed: 12:07am On Aug 26, 2011
@mavinc
do you recide in nigeria, if so what is the exchange rate today, naira vs dollar
Re: Package Delivery Problems: USPS And NIPOST by mavinc4u(f): 1:32pm On Aug 26, 2011
Jsteed:

@mavinc
do you recide in nigeria, if so what is the exchange rate today, naira vs dollar
yesterday,it was $1-N161 but i don't know much of today.may be is the same cos i checked the price very late yesterday.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (106) (Reply)

Forex Trade Alerts: Season 23 / Free Skill Acquisition E-Center / How To Make $1,000/month Writing And Researching Online

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.