Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,722 members, 7,816,974 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:50 PM

Package Delivery Problems: USPS And NIPOST - Business (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Package Delivery Problems: USPS And NIPOST (454011 Views)

NIPOST To Introduce Banking Services To Rural Areas — Shittu / USPS Package Delivery Problems / Have U Used USPS Or EMS Lately? Share Your Experience (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (106) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Package Delivery Problems: USPS And NIPOST by Jsteed: 2:57pm On Aug 26, 2011
Thanks very much
Re: Package Delivery Problems: USPS And NIPOST by chux76(m): 4:03pm On Aug 28, 2011
I have been using USPS to ship things from the USA for almost a year now and I have not had any reason to regret using them. When you ship an item,you are given a CUSTOMS RECEIPT NUMBER which is usually 13 digits which could begin with either EG,EC,LC,RW,CW,CP, etc. with which you can consistently check the status of your shipped item on their website: www.usps.com
The only time I have not received my items was when the tracking code/customs receipt number begins with LC,this tracking code has cost me many items which I have not being able to track or receive,so I'll advice when shipping with USPS use PRIORITY MAIL PARCELS INTERNATIONAL and insist on CP tracking code and you will surely get your item at NIPOST.
As to pilfering by NIPOST,I can authoritatively tell you that it is a THING OF THE PAST NOW. I have had very expensive Cameras,Phones,Camcorders,Laptops and Even PS3's shipped from the US using USPS and received at NIPOST and i received them in top shape. Recently i bought a brand new LENOVO THINKPAD T510 Laptop that sells for $1700,I asked the shipper to use USPS PRIORITY MAIL PARCELS and the shipping cost without insurance was $79.50,and I received the Laptop in tip top shape and within 6-10 business days as stated on their website. Although there has been sometimes when items are delayed for maybe 3 or 4 days but that is always from USPS delay at clearing it at customs for international shipment.
I say using USPS and NIPOST for me is a very " BEST" option for my business.

2 Likes

Re: Package Delivery Problems: USPS And NIPOST by Jsteed: 4:19pm On Aug 28, 2011
@chuks
Do they subject the items you shipped with priority mail to custom duty in nigeria, if so, how much

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Package Delivery Problems: USPS And NIPOST by mavinc4u(f): 12:14am On Aug 29, 2011
Jsteed:

@chuks
Do they subject the items you shipped with priority mail to custom duty in nigeria, if so, how much
parcel - yes but packet- no
chux76:

I have been using USPS to ship things from the USA for almost a year now and I have not had any reason to regret using them. When you ship an item,you are given a CUSTOMS RECEIPT NUMBER which is usually 13 digits which could begin with either EG,EC,LC,RW,CW,CP, etc. with which you can consistently check the status of your shipped item on their website: www.usps.com
The only time I have not received my items was when the tracking code/customs receipt number begins with LC,this tracking code has cost me many items which I have not being able to track or receive,so I'll advice when shipping with USPS use PRIORITY MAIL PARCELS INTERNATIONAL and insist on CP tracking code and you will surely get your item at NIPOST.
As to pilfering by NIPOST,I can authoritatively tell you that it is a THING OF THE PAST NOW. I have had very expensive Cameras,Phones,Camcorders,Laptops and Even PS3's shipped from the US using USPS and received at NIPOST and i received them in top shape. Recently i bought a brand new LENOVO THINKPAD T510 Laptop that sells for $1700,I asked the shipper to use USPS PRIORITY MAIL PARCELS and the shipping cost without insurance was $79.50,and I received the Laptop in tip top shape and within 6-10 business days as stated on their website. Although there has been sometimes when items are delayed for maybe 3 or 4 days but that is always from USPS delay at clearing it at customs for international shipment.
I say using USPS and NIPOST for me is a very " BEST" option for my business.

yes any tracking that has L is in God's hand especially when is expensive but if is not expensive they can give to the post delivery man to deliver to your address.is only God that will deliver those post men that sit at the post office and be waiting for people's item to steal.those item arrives to Nigeria cos nothing is stopping them on the way,they are been stolen by our post men.whether they don't pay them salary is what i don't know.
Re: Package Delivery Problems: USPS And NIPOST by Iykekings: 4:37pm On Sep 02, 2011
@mavinc, Pls I just recently sent a package to my sister thru USPS priority mail. The tracking number begins with CW, would it still go thru EMS. She resides in Abuja, does she need to go the regular post office or one that have EMS service? although it's just over a week now, I just want to let her know what to do. thanks

1 Like

Re: Package Delivery Problems: USPS And NIPOST by mavinc4u(f): 3:36pm On Sep 04, 2011
Iykekings:

@mavinc, Pls I just recently sent a package to my sister thru USPS priority mail. The tracking number begins with CW, would it still go thru EMS. She resides in Abuja, does she need to go the regular post office or one that have EMS service? although it's just over a week now, I just want to let her know what to do. thanks
she should go to regular post office NIPOST, not EMS.She will go with some money but that depends on what you sent.NIPOST charges is N500 then if it incurs custom charges,it will be more than that.she can be tracking it at www.nipost.gov.ng
Re: Package Delivery Problems: USPS And NIPOST by Jsteed: 6:19pm On Sep 04, 2011
@mavinc
Do you think is safe to send blackberry phone to lagos nigeria via usps priority mail, if so will it attract the same custom charges as compared sending it via EMS. I sent 17 pcs of used blackberry(only one is brand new, in a box). I was charged N65,000. do you think this charge is fair or was I ripped off by the customs or the men at EMS office in lagos.
thx for your input
Re: Package Delivery Problems: USPS And NIPOST by Iykekings: 9:46pm On Sep 04, 2011
mavinc4u:

she should go to regular post office NIPOST, not EMS.She will go with some money but that depends on what you sent.NIPOST charges is N500 then if it incurs custom charges,it will be more than that.she can be tracking it at www.nipost.gov.ng
@mavinc, thanks for the info. It's a small package (with books and shoes) I guess it will go thru customs because I filled out a customs form which has the tracking no starting with CW. You said she can track it on nipost website, but is it possible for her to track it on their website with the same tracking no? The status here on usps.com says: Processed through sort facility, Location Nigeria, Date September 03, 2011, 1:55 am (obviously it just arrived Nigeria yesterday). Is Lagos the receiving station for USPS packages, and do you know how long it usually takes them to redirect packages to their intended destination? thanks
Re: Package Delivery Problems: USPS And NIPOST by chioma134: 5:52pm On Sep 05, 2011
@chuks,thanks for d info. Pls,could u help me out with some info? I ordered for some bags and shoes for sale in naija thru a relation in d US. This relation made me understand that it would take about six weeks 4 the goods to arrive. I want to know how long it would take a large parcel sent thru USPS(by ship) to arrive Nigeria. Also,does USPS handle such?
Re: Package Delivery Problems: USPS And NIPOST by mavinc4u(f): 5:55pm On Sep 05, 2011
Jsteed:

@mavinc
Do you think is safe to send blackberry phone to lagos nigeria via usps priority mail, if so will it attract the same custom charges as compared sending it via EMS. I sent 17 pcs of used blackberry(only one is brand new, in a box). I was charged N65,000. do you think this charge is fair or was I ripped off by the customs or the men at EMS office in lagos.
thx for your input
they charged you less to compare with what i was charged when i received 5 phones,i was charged 20k plus.it depends on the type of priority,if L tracking or C tracking.L is not always advisable unless you have somebody at your post office that will tell you yes you have a package;that type doesn't incur custom charges nor post office charges,just go in and  sign your package and collect it but the C tracking incurs both custom and post office charges,is sometimes less than EMS.the R tracking would have been perfect but usps does not allow that except when is document unlike other countries;it is not access by customs neither does it incur post office charges but there are other ways to reduce the custom charges.
Re: Package Delivery Problems: USPS And NIPOST by Jsteed: 6:01pm On Sep 05, 2011
please i will like to know other ways to reduce custom charges, you can write me at johnsteed37@yahoo.com
thx
Re: Package Delivery Problems: USPS And NIPOST by mavinc4u(f): 6:04pm On Sep 05, 2011
chioma134:

@chuks,thanks for d info. Pls,could u help me out with some info? I ordered for some bags and shoes for sale in naija thru a relation in d US. This relation made me understand that it would take about six weeks 4 the goods to arrive. I want to know how long it would take a large parcel sent thru USPS(by ship) to arrive Nigeria. Also,does USPS handle such?
why by ship,can't your order go by air.i don't know much about by ship,may be 4-6 weeks or even more.this is not advisable.
Re: Package Delivery Problems: USPS And NIPOST by mavinc4u(f): 6:16pm On Sep 05, 2011
Iykekings:

@mavinc, thanks for the info. It's a small package (with books and shoes) I guess it will go thru customs because I filled out a customs form which has the tracking no starting with CW. You said she can track it on nipost website, but is it possible for her to track it on their website with the same tracking no? The status here on usps.com says: Processed through sort facility, Location Nigeria, Date September 03, 2011, 1:55 am (obviously it just arrived Nigeria yesterday). Is Lagos the receiving station for USPS packages, and do you know how long it usually takes them to redirect packages to their intended destination? thanks
yes Lagos is the receiving station for usps.this is actually my first time of hearing processed through sort facility location Nigeria,that means they have improved.she can track it using the same tracking number on Nigeria website.she should go to post office for the parcel,they won't bring it to the house.they might come and dropped a slip but if is EMS they will come and drop a slip but NIPOST;their own case is might.as for redirecting the item,it will definitely take a long time may be 1-2 months or even more, cos they don't want to waste their money sending an item back but don't expect to get the shoes if is redirecting because water go enter pipeline,they can redirect the books through a means that wouldn't be chargeable to them.
Re: Package Delivery Problems: USPS And NIPOST by drumma(m): 1:14am On Sep 07, 2011
nipost crap
Re: Package Delivery Problems: USPS And NIPOST by Bamiks: 11:07pm On Sep 07, 2011
Hi,pls i need a help 4rm da nairaland gurus. I am expectin a package since last 2 weeks,it is sent tru usps to nigeria, and i av went to the post ofice severaly,they said it is yet to arive and i should keep cumin to check later , but d reason y am askin 4 help is dat i just met a guy workin in d post ofice,and though he works in d ems area and nt cp but he is the only one dat help me as an insider in d post office, but presently he has askd me to forward the usps confirm delivery and d senders name and the receivers name, i av send it all to him b4 i realisd sumthing and i want to ask ppl here abt it, as he colect the informatns 4rm me. Can he behave suspicious and go and colect d package at my bak. Pls i need ur help. Wat should i do now.colect the informatns 4rm me. Can he behave suspicious and go and colect d package at my bak. Pls i need ur help. Wat should i do now.
Re: Package Delivery Problems: USPS And NIPOST by mavinc4u(f): 10:29am On Sep 08, 2011
Bamiks:

Hi,pls i need a help 4rm da nairaland gurus. I am expectin a package since last 2 weeks,it is sent tru usps to nigeria, and i av went to the post ofice severaly,they said it is yet to arive and i should keep cumin to check later , but d reason y am askin 4 help is dat i just met a guy workin in d post ofice,and though he works in d ems area and nt cp but he is the only one dat help me as an insider in d post office, but presently he has askd me to forward the usps confirm delivery and d senders name and the receivers name, i av send it all to him b4 i realisd sumthing and i want to ask ppl here abt it, as he colect the informatns 4rm me. Can he behave suspicious and go and colect d package at my bak. Pls i need your help. Wat should i do now.colect the informatns 4rm me. Can he behave suspicious and go and colect d package at my bak. Pls i need your help. Wat should i do now.

i guess there is a delay from usps side,mails now takes weeks,months to arrive Nigeria.you can be tracking it on www.emsng.com if you use express mail but if is priority mail you check nipost site and if is what is called first class mail that has tracking number L then is in God's hand.once you see any sign that it has arrived just go to the postoffice and claim your parcel,the guy's case is akamu case.if the site tells you that it has arrived,you don't have problem but if is first class,the guy could be or could not be of help. what does your tracking number starts with.
Re: Package Delivery Problems: USPS And NIPOST by Bamiks: 12:42pm On Sep 08, 2011
The tracking no is a usps confirm delivery no and it statrt with number 9 and its a 21 digit number. So i dnt knw if it is a priority or mail ,pls help me out. I hail u manvac2.
Re: Package Delivery Problems: USPS And NIPOST by Bamiks: 12:44pm On Sep 08, 2011
It all consist of numbers, there is no alphabet lyk C or R dere.
Re: Package Delivery Problems: USPS And NIPOST by Iykekings: 6:45pm On Sep 08, 2011
mavinc4u:

yes Lagos is the receiving station for usps.this is actually my first time of hearing processed through sort facility location Nigeria,that means they have improved.she can track it using the same tracking number on Nigeria website.she should go to post office for the parcel,they won't bring it to the house.they might come and dropped a slip but if is EMS they will come and drop a slip but NIPOST;their own case is might.as for redirecting the item,it will definitely take a long time may be 1-2 months or even more, cos they don't want to waste their money sending an item back but don't expect to get the shoes if is redirecting because water go enter pipeline,they can redirect the books through a means that wouldn't be chargeable to them.
Thanks! She has tried tracking the package on nipost.gov.ng, but it says no record with such tracking number exists. And on the USPS website the status says: Customs clearance processing complete, date September 03, 2011, 9:11 pm. She has been to the post office several times already and was directed to the main branch in Abuja and still no show. Now I'm a bit confused I don't know if the package is still in Lagos or when it would be dispatched to Abuja. Pls what do you suggest she do right now?
Re: Package Delivery Problems: USPS And NIPOST by CNN80: 1:48pm On Sep 09, 2011
Hello, I hope someone can help me on this site. I'm expecting two packages
1) A laptop battery from China, tracking number RA172481429CN, sent on the 5th of August. According to the tracking number, it's been in Nigeria since the 19th of August.
2) Clothes from the UK, tracking number RJ870521671GB sent on the 10th of August. According to the tracking number, they arrived in Nigeria more than a week ago.

I have not received either of the two. I used my office address in Ikoyi as I know we receive mail there. There is no way to contact NIPOST to ask about them and I don't even know where the post office is (I'm new to parts of Lagos). I managed to contact EMS but they said that they are not in charge of any of the parcels.

Can someone help me?
Thanks

1 Like

Re: Package Delivery Problems: USPS And NIPOST by mavinc4u(f): 11:57pm On Sep 09, 2011
Bamiks:

The tracking no is a usps confirm delivery no and it statrt with number 9 and its a 21 digit number. So i dnt knw if it is a priority or mail ,pls help me out. I hail u manvac2.
my dear. from your statement,your item was forwarded from one state in us to another state in us.international tracking number consist of 13digits with alphanumeric-both numbers and letters and yours is 21 0r 22 digits with delivery confirmation,that is us way of shipping to another state or city over;delivery confirmation,signature confirmation and the rest.please i will suggest you check your item here www.usps.com and tell me your feedback
Re: Package Delivery Problems: USPS And NIPOST by mavinc4u(f): 12:09am On Sep 10, 2011
CNN80:

Hello, I hope someone can help me on this site. I'm expecting two packages
1) A laptop battery from China, tracking number RA172481429CN, sent on the 5th of August. According to the tracking number, it's been in Nigeria since the 19th of August.
2) Clothes from the UK, tracking number RJ870521671GB sent on the 10th of August. According to the tracking number, they arrived in Nigeria more than a week ago.

I have not received either of the two. I used my office address in Ikoyi as I know we receive mail there. There is no way to contact NIPOST to ask about them and I don't even know where the post office is (I'm new to parts of Lagos). I managed to contact EMS but they said that they are not in charge of any of the parcels.

Can someone help me?
Thanks
ask any bike in Ikoyi where post office is but i believe is at Awolowo Road Ikoyi.phone number 08055449694.it is popular.just go with your national id /drivers license/ international passport
Re: Package Delivery Problems: USPS And NIPOST by mavinc4u(f): 12:14am On Sep 10, 2011
Iykekings:

Thanks! She has tried tracking the package on nipost.gov.ng, but it says no record with such tracking number exists. And on the USPS website the status says: Customs clearance processing complete, date September 03, 2011, 9:11 pm. She has been to the post office several times already and was directed to the main branch in Abuja and still no show. Now I'm a bit confused I don't know if the package is still in Lagos or when it would be dispatched to Abuja. Pls what do you suggest she do right now?

give her my number to call then i will give her a staff number at the lagos office to call and know where the package is. i can't display someone's number here.my number is 07032349446
Re: Package Delivery Problems: USPS And NIPOST by Bamiks: 10:56am On Sep 10, 2011
I av checkd tru usps.com since last two weeks and also nw, its telim me dat record not found. But nw i av cal the sender of the package to cal the usps staffs in us and ask them to track it for him, and he cal me 30 minutes bak that they told him that the package wil be deliver to me dis cuming monday, so i dnt understand maybe what he mean is dat the package wil get to nigeria dis cumin monday or i wil receive it on monday, because wen i ask him last week, he tld me they said the package is on route in ghana, and nw he said they said it wil be delivered to me dis cuming monday. Help me out manvic. What does he mean to say?
Re: Package Delivery Problems: USPS And NIPOST by mavinc4u(f): 11:09am On Sep 10, 2011
Bamiks:

I av checkd tru usps.com since last two weeks and also nw, its telim me dat record not found. But nw i av cal the sender of the package to cal the usps staffs in us and ask them to track it for him, and he cal me 30 minutes bak that they told him that the package wil be deliver to me dis cuming monday, so i dnt understand maybe what he mean is dat the package wil get to nigeria dis cumin monday or i wil receive it on monday, because wen i ask him last week, he tld me they said the package is on route in ghana, and nw he said they said it wil be delivered to me dis cuming monday. Help me out manvic. What does he mean to say?
honestly the case is complicated,who is the person to you
Re: Package Delivery Problems: USPS And NIPOST by mavinc4u(f): 11:45am On Sep 10, 2011
Bamiks:

i will suggest you call usps yourself to know the truth.to me the item has not been sent.the tracking number he gave you 21 digits is not usps international tracking number unless he is talking about ups.try using www.trakingnumber.org or www.track-trace.com to track using all the courier to know which one will bring information about the tracking number to you.
Re: Package Delivery Problems: USPS And NIPOST by Iykekings: 8:23pm On Sep 10, 2011
mavinc4u:

give her my number to call then i will give her a staff number at the lagos office to call and know where the package is. i can't display someone's number here.my number is 07032349446
She has finally been able to pick up the package (na long story), but everything is intact. Thanks for all the info and advice. So just in case of next time sending a package through EMS is safer and guaranteed right?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Package Delivery Problems: USPS And NIPOST by AfroBlue(m): 10:25pm On Sep 10, 2011
The Big Boys only FedEx use for important packages. The Rolls Royce of the global shipping industry.

http://fedex.com/

http://fedex.com/ng/

Customer Service

FedEx is represented in Nigeria by a nominated Service Contractor. For more information about the FedEx services available from Nigeria please contact: Company: Red Star Express

Telephone: +234 12715670 (Ext: 1399)
Service Available: Export/Import
Re: Package Delivery Problems: USPS And NIPOST by mavinc4u(f): 12:20am On Sep 11, 2011
Afro_Blue:

The Big Boys only FedEx use for important packages. The Rolls Royce of the global shipping industry.

http://fedex.com/

http://fedex.com/ng/

Customer Service

FedEx is represented in Nigeria by a nominated Service Contractor. For more information about the FedEx services available from Nigeria please contact: Company: Red Star Express

Telephone: +234 12715670 (Ext: 1399)
Service Available: Export/Import

where are you from please,do you see any thing like fedex as the topic of this post.slow delivery
Re: Package Delivery Problems: USPS And NIPOST by mavinc4u(f): 12:24am On Sep 11, 2011
Iykekings:

She has finally been able to pick up the package (na long story), but everything is intact. Thanks for all the info and advice. So just in case of next time sending a package through EMS is safer and guaranteed right?

you are welcome.yes it is safe but at times usps forwards their mails to Germany which i don't know if usps has warehouse there or what thereby delaying the arrival of the package.you can visit their site and get their customer care number in case you use them and want to find out the status of your package.best of luck.
Re: Package Delivery Problems: USPS And NIPOST by AfroBlue(m): 2:07am On Sep 11, 2011
@mavinc4u

Try to think outside the box baby.

It ain't where your from, it's where you're at.

Paradise Island Bahamas

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (106) (Reply)

Forex Trade Alerts: Season 23 / Free Skill Acquisition E-Center / How To Make $1,000/month Writing And Researching Online

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 101
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.