Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,182,578 members, 7,917,844 topics. Date: Sunday, 11 August 2024 at 04:31 PM

Acn Dumps Ribadu! - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Acn Dumps Ribadu! (9639 Views)

ACN To GEJ: Apologize For Misleading Nigerians On Anti-corruption Fight / Jonathan Is A Trainee President - ACN / ACN Governors Are Fake Progressives - Mimiko (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Acn Dumps Ribadu! by dayokanu(m): 7:49pm On Dec 29, 2010
lagbaja20:

You are wrong!

Imo, Abia, Enugu and Abia all went to Tofa!

http://maxsiollun./2009/06/11/16th-anniversary-of-the-june-12-1993-election/

That was why I was looking for the result to correct any revisionist in the house.

I knew Igbos voted Tofa over Abiola probably because their Igbo son Sylvester Ugoh was VP.

Not that anything is bad in this cos Yorubas would have done the same thing but saying Igbos dont do what?
Re: Acn Dumps Ribadu! by aljharem11(m): 7:50pm On Dec 29, 2010
lagbaja20:

You are wrong!

Imo, Abia, Enugu and Abia all went to Tofa!

http://maxsiollun./2009/06/11/16th-anniversary-of-the-june-12-1993-election/

lagbaja20,, we igbo have every right to vote for our own when if we produce our own candidate,no one will vote for us

just like the northerners and yoruba/edo vote for there own
Re: Acn Dumps Ribadu! by dayokanu(m): 7:51pm On Dec 29, 2010
alj harem1:

lagbaja20,, we igbo have every right to vote for our own when if we produce our own candidate,no one will vote for us

just like the northerners and yoruba/edo vote for there own

Absolutely!!!! Theres Nothing wrong with that only that we shouldnt twist facts
Re: Acn Dumps Ribadu! by OchiAgha2(m): 7:52pm On Dec 29, 2010
My mistake. I admit that I am wrong. I just thought that since Abiola was well liked in the South-East, that should be equated to him winning states. A real man can admit when he is wrong.
Re: Acn Dumps Ribadu! by aljharem11(m): 7:53pm On Dec 29, 2010
Ochi_Agha:

My mistake. I admit that I am wrong. I just thought that since Abiola was well liked in the South-East, that should be equated to him winning states. A real man can admit when he is wrong.

God bless you,,, that is the way forward my brother cheesy wink
Re: Acn Dumps Ribadu! by lagbaja20: 7:54pm On Dec 29, 2010
dayokanu:

That was why I was looking for the result to correct any revisionist in the house.

I knew Igbos voted Tofa over Abiola probably because their Igbo son Sylvester Ugoh was VP.

Not that anything is bad in this cos Yorubas would have done the same thing but saying Igbos dont do what?

That  is why its good to have people like you in the house.  Sly's name skipped my mind totally!
Re: Acn Dumps Ribadu! by dayokanu(m): 7:56pm On Dec 29, 2010
Ochi_Agha:

^^ Accepted.

Basically Igbos voted to protect their interest just like Yorubas have historically always done.

Personally, i would prefer Igbos voting for a party that would protect their interest. In PDP its an all comers affair and you have little or no say. But in a  party like APGA your interest are well stated out and defended.
Re: Acn Dumps Ribadu! by aljharem11(m): 7:59pm On Dec 29, 2010
dayokanu:

^^ Accepted.

Basically Igbos voted to protect their interest just like Yorubas have historically always done.

Personally, i would prefer Igbos voting for a party that would protect their interest. In PDP its an all comers affair and you have little or no say. But in a  party like APGA your interest are well stated out and defended.

good,,i like that honesty cheesy

but i believe APGA will not do much for us in the SE i will still perfer ACN because they have been tested (fashola) hopefully ACN will take over our igboland instead of APGA because i do not trust them
Re: Acn Dumps Ribadu! by Becomrich12: 8:03pm On Dec 29, 2010
let me explain the game that is going on. Jonathan Goodluck is playing games with his rival.  He knows the north want power. So he is running a game with thier fears. First he started with IBB , then next Nuhu Ribadu. because Jonathan knows that both people would not be accepted to Northerner and northern politician. That is the game he is playing with them . Ok.

I dont want to waste Nuhu Ribadu times. I dont hate Nuhu Ribadu. He should focus on Adamawa state, the governor may not run because of age. And he would not be against Nuhu ribadu
Re: Acn Dumps Ribadu! by dayokanu(m): 8:05pm On Dec 29, 2010
Igbos in ACN? Nope. Because they would play second fiddle to Yoruba there.

They have formed their own party APGA. Now let all igbo progressives support it and sweep all elections in those states.

I love what Orji kalu was doing with his Party (PPA) before they got bundled out by PDP again.

I dont care if Kalu or Tinubu is a thief, i respected them because they stood against OBJ staunchly. If people like Kalu, Obi, etc can rally round APGA and make it the number 1 refuge for Igbo people it would be great
Re: Acn Dumps Ribadu! by lagbaja20: 8:05pm On Dec 29, 2010
alj harem1:

good,,i like that honesty  cheesy

b[b]ut i believe APGA will not do much for us in the SE i will still perfer ACN because they have been tested (fashola) hopefully ACN will take over our igboland instead of APGA because i do not trust them[/b]
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Acn Dumps Ribadu! by Becomrich12: 8:07pm On Dec 29, 2010
how much is
Re: Acn Dumps Ribadu! by sochan: 8:09pm On Dec 29, 2010
Any update on this issue? have they actually dumped him? someone please confirm
Re: Acn Dumps Ribadu! by aljharem11(m): 8:12pm On Dec 29, 2010
dayokanu:

Igbos in ACN? Nope. Because they would play second fiddle to Yoruba there.

They have formed their own party APGA. Now let all igbo progressives support it and sweep all elections in those states.

I love what Orji kalu was doing with his Party (PPA) before they got bundled out by PDP again.

I dont care if Kalu or Tinubu is a thief, i respected them because they stood against OBJ staunchly. If people like Kalu, Obi, etc can rally round APGA and make it the number 1 refuge for Igbo people it would be great

i totally disagree because i do not think you have been to igboland

if not you must have hear nairlanders complaining about the same thing ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,no good roads

if fashola can even do what he is doing in lagos, in ourland,,then why will i not vote for him

i do not like """yoruba only party,,,,igbo only party"""  why should it be like that

let us chose the best party here but the governor can be igbo ""like anyone cares"

party is different from ethnic political group
Re: Acn Dumps Ribadu! by Eyayomosko: 8:17pm On Dec 29, 2010
Nooooooooo why do they want to do this?ribadu is the man i want to vote for next year.if he is gone who else?
Re: Acn Dumps Ribadu! by Eyayomosko: 8:18pm On Dec 29, 2010
Nooooooooo why do they want to do this?ribadu is the man i want to vote for next year.if he is gone who else?
Re: Acn Dumps Ribadu! by paradigman(m): 8:23pm On Dec 29, 2010
Wished ACN/CPC Coalition will produce a SE or SS Vp. Let Tinubu know that the SW is in the kitty. With a Vp from SE or SS, the coalition will be the combination to beat.
Re: Acn Dumps Ribadu! by jason123: 8:57pm On Dec 29, 2010
@ ochi

I understand you and your point of view but BUHARI is the best of the bunch. Also, the vp issue is very controversial. That is, what is the point of selecting an igbo man as vp in this party? It just makes no sense what-so-ever! I hope APGA can get the entire se around it so it can merge with ACN because right now there is just no point when most igbos are voting for pdp (gj) anyway. It would just be a waste of time. Even Chris is not politically relevant as before.

All in all, I understand your frustration!
Re: Acn Dumps Ribadu! by Nobody: 9:18pm On Dec 29, 2010
There is none of the candidates that has been fielded so far that is capable of transforming Nigeria to " China".
Re: Acn Dumps Ribadu! by HamidO1(m): 10:48pm On Dec 29, 2010
LeoMax:

There is none of the candidates that has been fielded so far that is capable of transforming Nigeria to " China".

Nigeria can't just be China in one day. It will take consistency on the part of the electorate voting credible and capable people. PDP has

failed to give us sincere people though. It's time to give the opposition time to try, 11years of PDP rule and we are still where we are if not backward.
Re: Acn Dumps Ribadu! by mbulela: 11:05pm On Dec 29, 2010
bloody Niyi Adebayo, for crying out loud!!!
Is this a joke?
Re: Acn Dumps Ribadu! by delt2010(m): 11:09pm On Dec 29, 2010
Adams Oshiomole won't risk his Governorship seat @ Edo for a VP slot but should be able to believer Edo to the ACN. ACN should also work out an agreement with APGA so as to get Anambra.
Lastly fielding popular candidates for various positions having Buhari's Pic with candidates pic on posters in the north may do the magic for ACN/CPC merger.
A lot of Political Arithmetic in the days ahead .
Re: Acn Dumps Ribadu! by goggs(m): 11:43pm On Dec 29, 2010
I dont think that Ribadu should worry about him being dumped. A true democrat is not discouraged by failure. He should work hard for the success of his party and probably work as a minister or something where he will be given the opportunity to
(i) shine and be more visible to Nigerians
(ii) horn his skills as an administrator
(iii) build a support base from the ground up.

Ribadu as is, is a diamond in the rough. He still lacks the carriage and finesse to be an effective leader. Given time he could horn his skills and reach out. the key here is getting himself in a position to offer more, give Nigerians a reason to want him more.
Re: Acn Dumps Ribadu! by 9ja4eva: 1:45am On Dec 30, 2010
Amazing analysis from some posters.

I will say though that Nigerians need to put aside ethnicity and religion come 2011.We need a leader who can deliver.
To be sincere i am beginning to think Buhari will perform better than Jonathan if elected.I will vote for a
Buhari/Donald Duke ticket any day.Jonathan seems to be running out of ideas and i no fit vote one chance president.
Re: Acn Dumps Ribadu! by Onlytruth(m): 1:57am On Dec 30, 2010
Abiola lost Igboland because he said he was going to give Igbo the position of secretary to the federal government.
Arthur Nzeribe said to him, "so, the best you can do for Igboman is to have him serve you tea?" and that was where Abiola's trouble started.
Arthur then promised him that he would never rule.

The rest is history.
Re: Acn Dumps Ribadu! by Onlytruth(m): 2:02am On Dec 30, 2010
I don't really think that Igbo's care about ACN ticket because majority of them already back GEJ. For now, the Igbo are more interested in other things like APGA winning local and gubernatorial elections. There may even have been a quiet deal with GEJ to allow free and fair elections in Igboland in return for Igbo support.  Igbo know that no one can beat GEJ in next year's elections.

So, all these talk of Buhari/SW candidate is nonsense. It changes nothing. In fact having a SW candidate on ACN ticket will quicken the party's defeat.
Re: Acn Dumps Ribadu! by aljharem11(m): 2:19am On Dec 30, 2010
Onlytruth:

I don't really think that Igbo's care about ACN ticket because majority of them already back GEJ. For now, the Igbo are more interested in other things like APGA winning local and gubernatorial elections. There may even have been a quiet deal with GEJ to allow free and fair elections in Igboland in return for Igbo support.  Igbo know that no one can beat GEJ in next year's elections.

So, all these talk of Buhari/SW candidate is nonsense. It changes nothing. In fact having a SW candidate on ACN ticket will quicken the party's defeat.

i hate to admit it but your analysis is right and also no incumbent president has ever lost an election in africa
Re: Acn Dumps Ribadu! by Rhino5dm: 2:35am On Dec 30, 2010
And your evidence for making this assertion is what? Mere speculation?
the ibos are known to have never return a bulk vote to a single electorate, if okjukwu was not able to bring south east under the same party then who will?

Onlytruth:

why dont you stop over and have a rethink? Thabo mbeki lost as a sitting president, NO? Abi him no be african. Remember yar adua admitted loosing election not for the deciding vote at suprem court he would have been bundle out.

Actually african loose election but they only like to clinch to power and refuse admitting losing.

alj harem1:

i hate to admit it but your analysis is right and also no incumbent president has ever lost an election in africa

Re: Acn Dumps Ribadu! by aljharem2: 2:41am On Dec 30, 2010
Rhino.5dm:

And your evidence for making this assertion is what? Mere speculation"
the ibos are known to have never return a bulk vote to a single electorate, if okjukwu was not able to bring south east under the same party then who will?

yes ojukwu can not bring the whole south east because not all of use love this ojukwu angry angry

but there is one think i know even if i hate it, it is jonathan will win because no incumbent president has ever lost in africa undecided
Re: Acn Dumps Ribadu! by Rhino5dm: 2:45am On Dec 30, 2010
Okay. Tell us more about thabo mbeki and jacob zuma. Or are they not African?

alj-harem:

yes ojukwu can not bring the whole south east because not all of use love this ojukwu angry angry

but there is one think i know even if i hate it, it is jonathan will win because no incumbent president has ever lost in africa undecided
Re: Acn Dumps Ribadu! by lagbaja20: 3:14am On Dec 30, 2010
Onlytruth:

Abiola lost Igboland because he said he was going to give Igbo the position of secretary to the federal government.
Arthur Nzeribe said to him, "so, the best you can do for Igboman is to have him serve you tea?" and that was where Abiola's trouble started.
Arthur then promised him that he would never rule.

The rest is history.

So Arthur Nzeribe was the reason Abiola did not rule Nigeria?
Re: Acn Dumps Ribadu! by kcjazz(m): 3:15am On Dec 30, 2010
ACN dumping Ribadu! hmmm no news to me but I think Nuhu would have a Plan B. One of those smaller parties could adopt him which makes winning difficult and less likely.
This goes back to my theory that the modern progressives (Nuhu, El Rufai, Utomi) needs a laid down plan in order to change the political situation in this country. Why are they not coming together to form one party undecided plan for the next 4 years to come out strong in 2015, if they had done that in 2007 things could have being different today.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

How Buhari Skewed PTF Projects In Favor Of His Northern Zone- By Yoruba Body / Obiano Set To Transform Awka To World Class City / Oil Price Fall May Continue Till 2017 – OPEC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.