Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,656 members, 7,889,137 topics. Date: Sunday, 14 July 2024 at 12:09 AM

Acn Dumps Ribadu! - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Acn Dumps Ribadu! (9607 Views)

ACN To GEJ: Apologize For Misleading Nigerians On Anti-corruption Fight / Jonathan Is A Trainee President - ACN / ACN Governors Are Fake Progressives - Mimiko (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Acn Dumps Ribadu! by dayokanu(m): 5:10am On Dec 30, 2010
Onlytruth:

Abiola lost Igboland because he said he was going to give Igbo the position of secretary to the federal government.
Arthur Nzeribe said to him, "so, the best you can do for Igboman is to have him serve you tea?" and that was where Abiola's trouble started.
Arthur then promised him that he would never rule.

The rest is history.

What position should he have given SE? In the hierarchy of the executive arm, The Secretary to the govt is the 3rd in command after the President and VP.

So what should Abiola have told Nzeribe? That he would vacate Presidency for him?
alj harem1:

i hate to admit it but your analysis is right and also no incumbent president has ever lost an election in africa

False pls confirm your Facts. Matthieu Kerekou as sitting President lost an election and also Nicephore Soglo in nearby Benin Republic or else you are saying Benin Republic is no longer part of Africa.
Re: Acn Dumps Ribadu! by Beaf: 5:20am On Dec 30, 2010
kcjazz:

ACN dumping Ribadu! hmmm no news to me but I think Nuhu would have a Plan B. One of those smaller parties could adopt him which makes winning difficult and less likely.
This goes back to my theory that the modern progressives (Nuhu, El Rufai, Utomi) needs a laid down plan in order to change the political situation in this country. Why are they not coming together to form one party undecided plan for the next 4 years to come out strong in 2015, if they had done that in 2007 things could have being different today.

The only smart one of that lot is El Rufai. Ribadu has acted very foolishly out of naivety and burnt his prospects. Even if he makes it as ACN's presidential candidate, he will be very weak, because he can't even win his own local govt yet.

El Rufai, on the other hand is playing the smart game. Remain with GEJ who is crushing a lot of rocks, and in a couple of years (or less), leadership of the North falls in his lap. Hopefully he'll then be able to team up with the likes of Chime, Sule Lamido and Fashola who will be finishing their 2nd terms and ripe for the national stage. There are exciting times on the horizon that will come off GEJ's stint, its just that Ribadu's ambition and naivety have got the better of him. Sad really, but he's on the rubbish heap with all that potential.
Re: Acn Dumps Ribadu! by BetaThings: 6:01am On Dec 30, 2010
Beaf:

The only smart one of that lot is El Rufai. Ribadu has acted very foolishly out of naivety and burnt his prospects. Even if he makes it as ACN's presidential candidate, he will be very weak, because he can't even win his own local govt yet.

El Rufai, on the other hand is playing the smart game. Remain with GEJ who is crushing a lot of rocks, and in a couple of years (or less), leadership of the North falls in his lap. Hopefully he'll then be able to team up with the likes of Chime, Sule Lamido and Fashola who will be finishing their 2nd terms and ripe for the national stage. There are exciting times on the horizon that will come off GEJ's stint, its just that Ribadu's ambition and naivety have got the better of him. Sad really, but he's on the rubbish heap with all that potential.
This your crocodile tears for Ribadu based on an unconfirmed story is strange. BTW did Johnathan also use and dump Dora? At least we remember the noise she made to get Johnathan the presidency
Re: Acn Dumps Ribadu! by Beaf: 6:03am On Dec 30, 2010
BetaThings:

This your crocodile tears for Ribadu based on an unconfirmed story is strange. BTW did Johnathan also use and dump Dora? At least we remember the noise she made to get Johnathan the presidency

I wonder when you started working at okija shrine to know what others are thinking. Small minded freak.
Re: Acn Dumps Ribadu! by ekubear1: 6:14am On Dec 30, 2010
alj harem1:

but i believe APGA will not do much for us in the SE i will still perfer ACN because they have been tested (fashola) hopefully ACN will take over our igboland instead of APGA because i do not trust them
grin grin grin
Re: Acn Dumps Ribadu! by ekubear1: 6:16am On Dec 30, 2010
paradigman:

Wished ACN/CPC Coalition will produce a SE or SS Vp. Let Tinubu know that the SW is in the kitty. With a Vp from SE or SS, the coalition will be the combination to beat.

Did you not read any of the posts in this thread? It might be possible for certain SS candidates to be a net positive for the ticket, but there is no Igboman alive or dead for which the same is true. ACN will only pick an Igbo VP if they want the PDP to win.

Like, SW is not in the bag unless the ticket has something to offer. And the ACN brand name by itself is not enough, with two non-SW guys on the ticket. What interest is a Yorubaman going to have in a Buhari/Igboman ticket, even if draped in ACN cloth?
Re: Acn Dumps Ribadu! by Onlytruth(m): 6:27am On Dec 30, 2010
eku_bear:

Did you not read any of the posts in this thread? It might be possible for certain SS candidates to be a net positive for the ticket, but there is no Igboman alive or dead for which the same is true. ACN will only pick an Igbo VP if they want the PDP to win.

Like, SW is not in the bag unless the ticket has something to offer. And the ACN brand name by itself is not enough, with two non-SW guys on the ticket. What interest is a Yorubaman going to have in a Buhari/Igboman ticket, even if draped in ACN cloth?

As if Buhari/Yoruba will win anything at the national stage with GEJ contesting.  undecided undecided

Tell SE/SS/NC and even core North about a Yoruba on a national ticket next year and see them laugh you to scorn.  grin
I can see that the 24 years wait for you is killing y'all!  grin grin grin Calm down folks. No short cuts!

Go ask OBJ about your chance. LMFAO! hehehe!  grin
Re: Acn Dumps Ribadu! by lagbaja20: 6:46am On Dec 30, 2010
Onlytruth:

As if Buhari/Yoruba will win anything at the national stage with GEJ contesting.  undecided undecided
Tell SE/SS/NC and even core North about a Yoruba on a national ticket next year and see them laugh you to scorn.  grin
I can see that the 24 years wait for you is killing y'all!  grin grin grin Calm down folks. No short cuts!

You are highly misguided
The most important thing in politics is 'organization'; the more organized you are, the better your chances and the two most organised groups in Nigerian politics are the core North, and the SW.

SS and SE have never mattered in the grand scheme of things. Very easy to get the SS onbaord, promise them the senate presidents. SS, can never and will never become president in Nigeria. In the present arrangement,it is luck, and I repeat, LUCK, more than political brilliance, that made a SS the president. The SW vote, a very crucial one is not GIVEN for GEJ. present a Yoruba as vice, see the SW go gaga for a Buhari/Yoruba ticket. Give the SS the senate president and see how they all go for ACN. Like Abiola said, who needs the Igbos, the truth is that ACN does not need them, we only need to carry the SS along in the south while Buhari works his magic in the North. in 1993, Abiola lost in the whole of Alaigbo; yet, won the total election by 'moonslide'

As for the north, that is why we have Buhari. And, in your twisted mind, do you actually think that the north, mid west included, would go for GEJ over Buhari? Like someone said somewhere else, with Buhari on the ticket, the North would be won over on BBC Hausa; lets see how GEJ or a SE would fare on BBC Hausa.

I personally do think that a Yoruba should not be on any ticket next year, but eh, why should Tinubu care about some stupit zoning, he is in it for his people, not for Alaigbo

Until Alaigbo puts her house in order, political relevancy would continue to elude her. Gone are the days of Zik, Okadigbo and Ekwueme, right now there is no Igbo man brilliant enough to lead the Igbo nation.
That my friend is the reality, you have to live with it.
Re: Acn Dumps Ribadu! by Onlytruth(m): 6:56am On Dec 30, 2010
lagbaja20:

You are highly misguided
The most important thing in politics is 'organization'; the more organized you are, the better your chances and the two most organised groups in Nigerian politics are the core North, and the SW.

SS and SE have never mattered in the grand scheme of things. Very easy to get the SS onbaord, promise them the senate presidents. SS, can never and will never become president in Nigeria. In the present arrangement,it is luck, and I repeat, LUCK, more than political brilliance, that made a SS the president. The SW vote, a very crucial one is not GIVEN for GEJ. present a Yoruba as vice, see the SW go gaga for a Buhari/Yoruba ticket. Give the SS the senate president and see how they all go for ACN. Like Abiola said, who needs the Igbos, the truth is that ACN does not need them, we only need to carry the SS along in the south while Buhari works his magic in the North. in 1993, Abiola lost in the whole of Alaigbo; yet, won the total election by 'moonslide'

As for the north, that is why we have Buhari. And, in your twisted mind, do you actually think that the north, mid west included, would go for GEJ over Buhari? Like someone said somewhere else, with Buhari on the ticket, the North would be won over on BBC Hausa; lets see how GEJ or a SE would fare on BBC Hausa.

I personally do think that a Yoruba should not be on any ticket next year, but eh, why should Tinubu care about some stupit zoning, he is in it for his people, not for Alaigbo

Until Alaigbo puts her house in order, political relevancy would continue to elude her. Gone are the days of Zik, Okadigbo and Ekwueme, right now there is no Igbo man brilliant enough to lead the Igbo nation.
That my friend is the reality, you have to live with it.

Every permutation stops after PDP primaries. If GEJ wins (and I believe he will), NO combination can defeat him in the general elections. cool
If he loses, then a lot of permutations come into play. I really don't think that Buhari will pick a Yoruba for VP because he would lose.
Nigerians have that at the back of their minds that a Yoruba was president from 1999 - 2007. You can believe whatever you want. In fact the thought of a Yoruba on the presidential ticket of any serious national party will piss a lot of folks OUTSIDE OF SW off, especially if GEJ loses the primaries. If Atiku is the PDP flag bearer, he will pick a SE candidate if he is serious and he will win. He has the likes of Soludo, Nnamani, Okonjo-Iweala to pick as future president in waiting. I don't see any SW politician with better pedigree than those folks.

For the Igbo, it is all about 2015. And we start next year.
Re: Acn Dumps Ribadu! by owobokiri(m): 6:59am On Dec 30, 2010
Asiwaju is on steroids. This was the same man who started the southern governors meetings when OBJ was the presido! The goal then was to rally southern support for a president from "southern Nigeria". (whatever southern Nigeria means). When your kinsman was the president, you asked for southern solidarity and got that, immediately he left the post and another southerner is the presido, you start shopping for a vee pee to help a northern candidate defeat the southerner. I have nothing against his preferences and I beleive that quality matters but then this kind of politics ultimately engender mistrust amongst the different groups in the south. The man and his fellow coup plotters can go on with their normal midnight meetings but it is evident that Nigerians from other parts of the country may find some of these dare-devil antics revolting. It may backfire and if it backfires with GEJ stil in command, there maybe consequences, 

It is obvious that "fellow countrymen" from the north and south west  don't seem to understand that for a multi-ethnic state to function effectively, devaluation, decentralization and delegation of power must be the rule. It is tragic that politicians from these areas don't seem to worry about the catastrophe that lies ahead in this country if the presidents can only alternate between the two groups? Remember this is a country that can be brought to her knees by simply blowing up one or two pipelines in the delta, an area that has a stake in this very elections. When the so called north and south west contribute next to nothing to the collective purse but insist on leading at every turn, it is a matter of time before we start to negotiate with AKs as the purse run dry. You really think that other parts of the country will be so silly and so naive to accept this sort of blatant apartheid as the norm? for how long?
Re: Acn Dumps Ribadu! by dayokanu(m): 7:08am On Dec 30, 2010
If GEJ wins that means he gets 8 yrs after which the baton returns to the North. Possibly Sambo who does another 8yrs.

Thats 16yrs combined. Where does the SE stand in all of these?

Any reasonable South Easterner would know that the GEJ and PDP continual reign can only mean Igbos wont smell presidency until 2027 at the earliest
Re: Acn Dumps Ribadu! by Onlytruth(m): 7:13am On Dec 30, 2010
dayokanu:

If GEJ wins that means he gets 8 yrs after which the baton returns to the North. Possibly Sambo who does another 8yrs.

Thats 16yrs combined. Where does the SE stand in all of these?

Any reasonable South Easterner would know that the GEJ and PDP continual reign can only mean Igbos wont smell presidency until 2027 at the earliest

That means Yoruba will smell it in 2048! hehe!  grin grin

I don't know why folks come here to say irrelevant things.  undecided
If GEJ wins ( and I pray fervently that he wins! cool) Igboland will be transformed within 8 years of his rule.
Actually Nigeria will be transformed, and Igboman gains most in a functional system 'cos we hustle !

Anytime it (presidency) comes to Igboland, it must come before it goes to Yorubaland. That's my point.
Re: Acn Dumps Ribadu! by lagbaja20: 7:22am On Dec 30, 2010
Onlytruth:

T[b]hat means Yoruba will smell it in 2048! hehe![/b]  grin grin

I don't know why folks come here to say irrelevant things.  undecided
If GEJ wins ( and I pray fervently that he wins! cool) Igboland will be transformed within 8 years of his rule.
Actually Nigeria will be transformed, and Igboman gains most in a functional system 'cos we hustle !

Anytime it (presidency) comes to Igboland, it must come before it goes to Yorubaland. That's my point.

THis post contradicts your previous post below

Onlytruth:

[b]Tell SE/SS/NC and even core North about a Yoruba on a national ticket next year [/b]and see them laugh you to scorn.  grin

Your misguided permutation assumes the PDP would continue to be in power forever.

What we are saying that 'he who dares wins'. May the best organized group continue to stay relevant!
Re: Acn Dumps Ribadu! by Onlytruth(m): 7:33am On Dec 30, 2010
lagbaja20:

THis post contradicts your previous post below

Your misguided permutation assumes the PDP would continue to be in power forever.

What we are saying that 'he who dares wins'.  May the best organized group continue to stay relevant!

And you think that only Yoruba know how to vote along tribal lines.

Tell me why NCNC controlled Eastern region and Midwest, and NPP controlled Eastern parts of Nigeria plus middle belt in the 80s. AG and UPN never controlled outside of SW.

Dude, Yoruba vote cannot take anybody anywhere. Abiola was a flash in the pan and he was still stopped.

We are ALREADY organizing. Watch APGA next year!

Next year will bring us back to reckoning after many years of Obasanjo brigandage and vote theft in Igboland.
Just watch.

We are only interested in GEJ presidency next year (PDP) or Igbo presidency in 2015
Re: Acn Dumps Ribadu! by ekubear1: 8:00am On Dec 30, 2010
Onlytruth:

I concede that the ticket will be weak in the SE and SS, but not all of the middle belt. And it will absolutely be dominant in the core North. Buhari voters don't really care who the VP is so long as Buhari is frontlining the ticket. They have no love for GEJ, lol

I can see that the 24 years wait for you is killing y'all!  grin grin grin
Who agreed to 24 years? Whoever did certainly doesn't speak for me or mine.

Calm down folks. No short cuts!
There are always short cuts for those intelligent and nimble enough to find them.
Re: Acn Dumps Ribadu! by Onlytruth(m): 8:06am On Dec 30, 2010
eku_bear:

I concede that the ticket will be weak in the SE and SS, but not all of the middle belt. And it will absolutely be dominant in the core North. Buhari voters don't really care who the VP is so long as Buhari is frontlining the ticket. They have no love for GEJ, lol
Who agreed to 24 years? Whoever did certainly doesn't speak for me or mine.
There are always short cuts for those intelligent and nimble enough to find them.

Good luck with your short cut in Nigeria. We dey wait. cool
Re: Acn Dumps Ribadu! by rasputinn(m): 8:17am On Dec 30, 2010
dayokanu :

Even in USA which is the base of technology quite a lot of people still believe Obama is a Moslem born in kenya

Is he not? tongue
Re: Acn Dumps Ribadu! by Akanbiedu(m): 10:07am On Dec 30, 2010
I see people who argued against zoning are now saying any ticket with a Yoruba is unacceptable. Funny. I mean don't these people know the meaning of zoning again?

I'd say this again as I said before, No amount of rigging can beat Buhari/Fashola in Nigeria now. I see the GEJ people are banking on the pentecostals in Lagos. I really pity them. As soon as a Yorubaman is on another ticket, you'll see the difference.

The SS/SE are just not sophisticated enough for Nigerian politics and at such they drag us backwards.

Politics is all about interests.
Re: Acn Dumps Ribadu! by BetaThings: 11:23am On Dec 30, 2010
Akanbi_edu:

I see people who argued against zoning are now saying any ticket with a Yoruba is unacceptable. Funny. I mean don't these people know the meaning of zoning again?

I'd say this again as I said before, No amount of rigging can beat Buhari/Fashola in Nigeria now. I see the GEJ people are banking on the pentecostals in Lagos. I really pity them. As soon as a Yorubaman is on another ticket, you'll see the difference.

The SS/SE are just not sophisticated enough for Nigerian politics and at such they drag us backwards.

Politics is all about interests.
I don't agree with the castigation of the SS/SE. They are smart, but the SE has been disadvantaged. When did a Yorubaman even without suspicion of secession win the presidency. Just in 1993, and he could not even keep it.
But my grouse is that Nigerians generally lack principles. They tell you zoning is bad. The "best person" should rule etc. This is rubbish! There is no zone of Nigeria that is not bigger than any other country in West Africa. Do those people come to Nigeria (to tap into the large pool of potential leaders) in order to get the "best person"? They say they want the best person to rule, but if you propose Fashola (who is obviously more competent than Johnathan) as president, then you have them inventing some excuse. Ohaneze say they are supporting Johnathan on the understanding that the man will do only one term and give power to them in 2015, is that not zoning. I love and love zoning. and let nobody tell me some theory of conflict between zoning and democracy as if the exact principles of democracy have been revealed by God. If majority of Nigerians actually agree that we want zoning, it become democratic.
Re: Acn Dumps Ribadu! by BetaThings: 11:28am On Dec 30, 2010
rasputinn:

Is he not? tongue
He was born in Hawaii and is a christian unless you believe that Rasputin was a Shintoist of Japanese extraction
Re: Acn Dumps Ribadu! by fisbel: 1:24pm On Dec 30, 2010
honourables, read through your comments, really enlightening and captures the political tide in the country especially with respect to the forthcoming elections. At the national level, I agree with the view that Buhari is widely respected in the northern sphere, really the northern folks arguably determine much in national issues especially when it is a game of numbers, but ACN should field a better and well-known running mate.
Re: Acn Dumps Ribadu! by anonimi: 1:49pm On Dec 30, 2010
Chase the Hooligans-in-Power (HiPs) out and vote in better candidates.

Remember to RSVP -

Register;
Select and sponsor(your candidates);
Vote;
Protect your votes;

Let this be our motto for this election period.
Copy and text the motto to as many as possible on your GSM (and/or email) and several times during the voter registration period.
One Man, One Vote!!!
Re: Acn Dumps Ribadu! by iyke619: 11:03pm On Dec 30, 2010
Ribadu has committed political blunder by vying for the Presidency at first instance when he could have started from senatorial level or Governorship. He jumped the gutter with 2 legs. If ACN has dumped him, then his political life has been aborted.
Re: Acn Dumps Ribadu! by Gbawe: 11:33am On Dec 31, 2010
iyke619:

Ribadu has committed political blunder by vying for the Presidency at first instance when he could have started from senatorial level or Governorship. He jumped the gutter with 2 legs. If ACN has dumped him, then his political life has been aborted.

Nonsense . Go and ask David Mark, Tony Anenih and our many recycled AGIP Politicians if a political career ends because you lose an election or the backing of a group of stakeholders. Wether you like it or not the likes of Ribadu, Donald Duke et al will still play prominent roles in Nigerian politics .
Re: Acn Dumps Ribadu! by SapeleGuy: 1:01pm On Dec 31, 2010
BetaThings:

I don't agree with the castigation of the SS/SE. They are smart, but the SE has been disadvantaged. When did a Yorubaman even without suspicion of secession win the presidency. Just in 1993, and he could not even keep it.
But my grouse is that Nigerians generally lack principles. They tell you zoning is bad. The "best person" should rule etc. This is rubbish! There is no zone of Nigeria that is not bigger than any other country in West Africa. Do those people come to Nigeria (to tap into the large pool of potential leaders) in order to get the "best person"? They say they want the best person to rule, but if you propose Fashola (who is obviously more competent than Johnathan) as president, then you have them inventing some excuse. Ohaneze say they are supporting Johnathan on the understanding that the man will do only one term and give power to them in 2015, is that not zoning. I love and love zoning. and let nobody tell me some theory of conflict between zoning and democracy as if the exact principles of democracy have been revealed by God. If majority of Nigerians actually agree that we want zoning, it become democratic.

Excellent post. I have always supported zoning, it is the only way to guarantee equitable participation by all stakeholders in a society such as ours. It needs to be written into our constitution. Tenure length should be 5 years with no returns and power should transfer to the next zone.

As for the highlighted, Donald Duke & Fashola will transform this nation sharp sharp. Unfortunately, Fashola is not quite ready, he can't leave what he has started in Lagos unfinished - if he does, his enemies will crucify him.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Who Should Be Nigeria's Presidential Candidate In 2015? / What’s The Point Of A First Lady? - Tabia Princewill / Nnamdi Kanu Taking Selfie With A Racist (picture)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 93
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.