Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,169,748 members, 7,875,867 topics. Date: Sunday, 30 June 2024 at 12:01 AM

Five (5) Misconceptions About Jehovah's Witnesses. - Religion (30) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Five (5) Misconceptions About Jehovah's Witnesses. (70710 Views)

Ask Any Question About Jehovah's Witnesses Here / Fifteen Basic Beliefs You Didn't Know About Jehovah's Witnesses / Five Things You Never Knew About Jehovah's Witnesses. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (27) (28) (29) (30) (31) (32) (33) ... (44) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Five (5) Misconceptions About Jehovah's Witnesses. by Nobody: 10:58pm On May 31, 2020
Rozz:
Can you see that all Rose are nice people,that name is angelic and meant for special people with a kind heart.Stop thinking negative of me because you don't agree with my mode of dressing lol. sorry this is meant for maximus69

Why?
How?
You said "stop thinking negative"

Please are you a mind reader? smiley
Re: Five (5) Misconceptions About Jehovah's Witnesses. by freshboi88: 11:00pm On May 31, 2020
achorladey:

See as he is demanding apology to play the victim card. This one that address someone as ASINWIN here on this same platform seeking for APOLOGY grin grin grin

Started asking for apology as an excuse not to answer my question. I really hit him hard with my questions on Holy Spirit on the other thread n on Mighty God here
Re: Five (5) Misconceptions About Jehovah's Witnesses. by Narijoel(m): 11:01pm On May 31, 2020
freshboi88:

So the righteous that have died where r they ?
You want to pretend that you don't know the answer a JW will give. Pls shift, no time for you here

1 Like

Re: Five (5) Misconceptions About Jehovah's Witnesses. by Investnow2017: 11:02pm On May 31, 2020
tete7000:

If Bible is inerrant, find a way to reconcile that with the passages I have shown you. I believe the quoted passages contradict what you have always believed. Do the rest yourself, I am not interested in going the way with you. However while you do, be sure of one thing - the scripture doesn't contradict itself. If genuinely search for truth rather than some indoctrination, you will surely find it. You shall know the truth, and the truth shall set you free.

I thought you will answer my simple question.
Re: Five (5) Misconceptions About Jehovah's Witnesses. by justli: 11:02pm On May 31, 2020
Switup:

Thank you for your prayers. May Jehovah's blessing not depart from you and may Jehovah's will be done in your life.

God knows that I truly appreciate it when non-JW's see Jehovah's handiwork on their sides.
#Team JW till infinity.

*Aside* its been over a year since I commented on here. Feels cool though.

Again, emphasize on Jehovah. Buy Bible teaches that there is only one name given unto man by which he shall be saved, and that is the name Jesus.
For at the mention of his name every knee shall bow.

Ask anything in my name and it shall be given unto you. The ultimate name given to man is the name Jesus.
Re: Five (5) Misconceptions About Jehovah's Witnesses. by Nobody: 11:03pm On May 31, 2020
Investnow2017:

Why are you afraid to mention your church? Why?

Only Jehovah's Witnesses Organization is the mountain that cannot be hidden! Isaiah 2:2

All other religions must hide when discussing standards! Matthew 5:13-16

So they are all here asking questions so they can use JWs standard to see how far their own is doing! smiley

1 Like

Re: Five (5) Misconceptions About Jehovah's Witnesses. by Nobody: 11:05pm On May 31, 2020
Re: Five (5) Misconceptions About Jehovah's Witnesses. by Hairyrapunzel: 11:05pm On May 31, 2020
Narijoel:

Eyah, you must be really pained o. No need trying to respond again to your kind. I know your antecedents on this platform as your previous posts reveal.
Just go and rest for today and stop trying to do what you can't do.
Satan who is the original instigator of this hate has failed and is stilling failing woefully, talkless of you. No hope.

Pained ke? When you are the person that will die disappointed that your jehovah didn’t kill me so that you will inherit my properties and live forever on earth. Last last you will still die while waiting for your all loving jehovah to slaughter non jws.

It’s like you guys just think about destruction of non jws daily.

You must have anxiety disorder and depression waking up to the fact that we are still on earth.
Take heart you hear?

Me saying no jehovah will kill anyone is now tantamount to HATE?

You that says your jehovah will murder/kill/destroy/slaughter non jws because they didn’t unquestionably obey gb and accept them as the only channel of communication between God and man today so jws can live forever on earth is now equivalent to Love right?

I no fit laugh this night
Re: Five (5) Misconceptions About Jehovah's Witnesses. by Hairyrapunzel: 11:07pm On May 31, 2020
Narijoel:

You want to pretend that you don't know the answer a JW will give. Pls shift, no time for you here

You don’t have an answer to this one
Re: Five (5) Misconceptions About Jehovah's Witnesses. by Nobody: 11:07pm On May 31, 2020
freshboi88:

Started asking for apology as an excuse not to answer my question. I really hit him hard with my questions on Holy Spirit on the other thread n on Mighty God here

They are studying our books and getting baptized even during the lockdown, so your fury, agitation, criticism, insult and curses can't do NOTHING! cheesy

Re: Five (5) Misconceptions About Jehovah's Witnesses. by freshboi88: 11:08pm On May 31, 2020
Narijoel:

[s]Now I see, sha don't come back here later to tell us how you left your small church, formed yours or refused to attend church again because you probed and your pastor deviates from the Bible or disappoints you.

The concept of belonging to a global brotherhood like that of Jehovah's Witnesses that you can trust with your life and be convinced that these are the people who are doing God's will on earth, will be difficult for you grasp at this stage unless you get to associate with them someday. Wonder why it is so difficult for ex Jws to join another Church if they decide to leave? They rather stay at home and become whatever they choose to be because no place can compare to what they just lost, a very painful experience for them.
Jehovah's Witnesses has a rich history and a precious spiritual heritage not shared by others religious groups I know. Satan knows this and he will do whatever he can to tarnish the image of this "unique" group but he can''t. Look at this thread for example and see the attention got, compare it to other religious thread today. People are fascinated by this group and want to comment about them positively or otherwise as if their lives depends on doing that.

You keep asking me to probe JW for untruths, for what motive? so I can disassociate? yet no one can give a good alternative to Jehovah's Organization or can you? Unless you want to lie to yourself. Others keep trying and failing.Yet every passing day, I see convincing evidence on why I should continue to keep my JW identity.

No one will force you to become a JW, They are not begging for members. They are only eager to show you the way God approves and help you to cultivate that relationship with God, the way he wants it to be, anything negative comment you make or read here does not stop the organization in anyway because it is backed by the most powerful force in the universe, God's holy spirit.[/s]

Too much rubbish mumbled up in one post.

If u read this and u r to describe the op in one word, what would yours be?

Mine is delusional
Re: Five (5) Misconceptions About Jehovah's Witnesses. by Nobody: 11:10pm On May 31, 2020
freshboi88:

Too much rubbish mumbled up in one post.

If u read this and u r to describe the op in one word, what would yours be?

Mine is delusional

Charity begins at home but it doesn't end there! smiley
Re: Five (5) Misconceptions About Jehovah's Witnesses. by Investnow2017: 11:13pm On May 31, 2020
Narijoel:

Now I see, sha don't come back here later to tell us how you left your small church, formed yours or refused to attend church again because you probed and your pastor deviates from the Bible or disappoints you.

The concept of belonging to a global brotherhood like that of Jehovah's Witnesses that you can trust with your life and be convinced that these are the people who are doing God's will on earth, will be difficult for you grasp at this stage unless you get to associate with them someday. Wonder why it is so difficult for ex Jws to join another Church if they decide to leave? They rather stay at home and become whatever they choose to be because no place can compare to what they just lost, a very painful experience for them.
Jehovah's Witnesses has a rich history and a precious spiritual heritage not shared by others religious groups I know. Satan knows this and he will do whatever he can to tarnish the image of this "unique" group but he can''t. Look at this thread for example and see the attention got, compare it to other religious thread today. People are fascinated by this group and want to comment about them positively or otherwise as if their lives depends on doing that.

You keep asking me to probe JW for untruths, for what motive? so I can disassociate? yet no one can give a good alternative to Jehovah's Organization or can you? Unless you want to lie to yourself. Others keep trying and failing.Yet every passing day, I see convincing evidence on why I should continue to keep my JW identity.

No one will force you to become a JW, They are not begging for members. They are only eager to show you the way God approves and help you to cultivate that relationship with God, the way he wants it to be, anything negative comment you make or read here does not stop the organization in anyway because it is backed by the most powerful force in the universe, God's holy spirit.

What a fantastic summary my dear brother. Thank you. Many do not know that millions today are daily saying like Peter LORD TO WHOM SHALL WE GO TO. FOR YOU HAVE THE SAYINGS OF EVERLASTING LIFE. No alternative, not even a close alternative to JEHOVAH'S ORGANIZATION. If you have not tasted it, you wouldn't know. Each day strengthens my resolve to hold dearly my Christian identity, yes as a JEHOVAH'S Witness - what a rare privilege.

1 Like

Re: Five (5) Misconceptions About Jehovah's Witnesses. by WINDSOW(m): 11:13pm On May 31, 2020
Investnow2017:

Is it Christian to call someone STUPID simply because you do not agree with his belief? Are you aware of what the Bible says about the use of the tongue?
I dont give a hoot about u guys. I have entered into argument with your people, they ended calling me names. Though I did too.
Re: Five (5) Misconceptions About Jehovah's Witnesses. by Nobody: 11:15pm On May 31, 2020
Maximus69:

Why?
How?
You said "stop thinking negative"

Please are you a mind reader? smiley
I get and comprehend every of your messages for me even the subtle ones
Re: Five (5) Misconceptions About Jehovah's Witnesses. by Narijoel(m): 11:18pm On May 31, 2020
Hairyrapunzel:

Pained ke? When you are the person that will die disappointed that your jehovah didn’t kill me so that you will inherit my properties and live forever on earth. Last last you will still die while waiting for your all loving jehovah to slaughter non jws.

It’s like you guys just think about destruction of non jws daily.

You must have anxiety disorder and depression waking up to the fact that we are still on earth.
Take heart you hear?

Me saying no jehovah will kill anyone is now tantamount to HATE?

You that says your jehovah will murder/kill/destroy/slaughter non jws because they didn’t unquestionably obey gb and accept them as the only channel of communication between God and man today so jws can live forever on earth is now equivalent to Love right?

I no fit laugh this night
No, laugh na, as you if you can afford to make a genuine one.

Genuine happiness is not easy to find, but exist among people who worship the true God, being an atheist takes you far from it. Continue to roll in your ignorance and live your life.
Don't expect me to think of you and what becomes of you later in life. You are not that important to me.
Re: Five (5) Misconceptions About Jehovah's Witnesses. by tete7000(m): 11:19pm On May 31, 2020
Investnow2017:

I thought you will answer my simple question.

I am not interested in answering your question. I know what I believe and why I believe it. It is you who don't believe what I believe and I gave you passages from the scripture to help me reconcile with your belief. I am not interested in arguing with you. If you believe scripture doesn't contradict itself, reconcile the passage you quoted and align them with the ones I gave. The onus is on you, not me. Convince me they don't contradict your belief and I will become a J. Witness tomorrow.
Re: Five (5) Misconceptions About Jehovah's Witnesses. by Janosky: 11:19pm On May 31, 2020
SILVERLINES:
what exactly will a Jehovah witness medical tell a dying patient patient who may need blood transfusion to prolong his/her life?

JW medical professionals will NEVER decide for his patients what medical treatment to take or reject... Get it loud and clear.
Shalom
Re: Five (5) Misconceptions About Jehovah's Witnesses. by Nobody: 11:21pm On May 31, 2020
Investnow2017:

What a fantastic summary my dear brother. Thank you. Many do not know that millions today are daily saying like Peter LORD TO WHOM SHALL WE GO TO. FOR YOU HAVE THE SAYINGS OF EVERLASTING LIFE. No alternative, not even a close alternative to JEHOVAH'S ORGANIZATION. If you have not tasted it, you wouldn't know. Each day strengthens my resolve to hold dearly my Christian identity, yes as a JEHOVAH'S Witness - what a rare privilege.

Sing joyfully to Jehovah! 61

Forward You Witnesses Ever Strong of Heart! smiley
Re: Five (5) Misconceptions About Jehovah's Witnesses. by Investnow2017: 11:23pm On May 31, 2020
freshboi88:

So the righteous that have died where r they ?

They are in where Lazarus was before Jesus resurrected him.

1 Like

Re: Five (5) Misconceptions About Jehovah's Witnesses. by Nobody: 11:27pm On May 31, 2020
Rozz:
I get and comprehend every of your messages for me even the subtle ones

Hmmmmmmmm that's really smart of you my young lady!

So know that all these critics are having their days in full now, you either choose to go with them or be prepared to be vilified along with God's people! Hebrews 11:25

There is no sitting on the fence, because

REAL FAITH is NOT a possession of all people 2Thessalonians 3:2

God bless you Rozz! smiley

1 Like

Re: Five (5) Misconceptions About Jehovah's Witnesses. by Hairyrapunzel: 11:27pm On May 31, 2020
Narijoel:

No laugh na, as you if you can afford to make a genuine one.

Genuine happiness is not easy to find, but exist among people who worship the true God, being an atheist takes you far from it. Continue to roll in your ignorance and live your life.
Don't expect me to think of you and what becomes of you later in life. You are not than important to me.

See someone that wakes up daily wishing people (non jws) will be killed so he will live forever on earth calling it genuine happiness. Smh

See someone that is very knowledgeable wishing people like me get killed because we have refused to:

1. pay allegiance to the publishing company called watchtower organisation,

2. unquestionably obey gb (8 old imperfect, uninspired and fallible men who err in doctrinal matters and organisational direction)

3 accept that these men are the only channel of communication between God and man today

All these because these men (gb) say so.

I love ignorance then. I can't be this foolish.

Last last you will die waiting for your jehovah to come slaughter us. You will still end up dying disappointed just like your founding fathers.

Na cycle. Cycle of imaginary event
Re: Five (5) Misconceptions About Jehovah's Witnesses. by Janosky: 11:28pm On May 31, 2020
justli:

Again, emphasize on Jehovah. Buy Bible teaches that there is only one name given unto man by which he shall be saved, and that is the name Jesus.
For at the mention of his name every knee shall bow.

Ask anything in my name and it shall be given unto you. The ultimate name given to man is the name Jesus.

John 4:34, Whose work did Jesus Christ come to do on earth?
Mark 1:13-15. John 7;16. Whose gospel and message did Jesus Christ preach and teach?

1 Corinthians 3:23, who does Jesus Christ belongs to?

Revelations 3:5,12. 2 Peter 3:13 whose reward will Jesus Christ receive and also who owns the reward given to faithful servants of Jehovah ?

John 17:3, John 20:17 is the Servant more important than His Boss in heaven and earth ?
Re: Five (5) Misconceptions About Jehovah's Witnesses. by achorladey: 11:28pm On May 31, 2020
Investnow2017:

Your eyes is SEEING to where While peter is SEEING to WHOM

While you are SEEING JEHOVAH'S ORGANIZATION whose light keep getting brighter and brighter which is the WHERE

every other person is SEEING JESUS CHRIST who has the saying of EVERLASTING who is the perfecter and finisher of our FAITH and who is the SOURCE of the LIGHT of all men the WHOM

While the organization you belong keep CHOPPING and CHANGING and ADJUSTING and READJUSTING the TRUTH

Others see JESUS who is the TRUTH as same YESTERDAY, TODAY, and FOREVER.

is there ALTERNATIVE or NOT? I bet you didn't see this coming
Re: Five (5) Misconceptions About Jehovah's Witnesses. by Janosky: 11:29pm On May 31, 2020
Hairyrapunzel:

See someone that wakes up daily wishing people (non jws) will be killed so he will live forever on earth calling it genuine happiness. Smh

See someone that is very knowledgeable wishing people like me get killed because we have refused to:

2. unquestionably obey gb (8 old imperfect, uninspired and fallible men who err in doctrinal matters and organisational direction)

3 accept that these men are the only channel of communication between God and man today

Last last you will die waiting for your jehovah to come slaughter us. You will still end up dying disappointed just like your founding fathers.

Na cycle. Cycle of imaginary event

RANTS of an attention seeking psychotic Mumu in sifia pains

grin grin grin
Re: Five (5) Misconceptions About Jehovah's Witnesses. by freshboi88: 11:29pm On May 31, 2020
Investnow2017:

They are in where Lazarus was before Jesus resurrected him.

Where was Lazarus?
Re: Five (5) Misconceptions About Jehovah's Witnesses. by freshboi88: 11:31pm On May 31, 2020
Narijoel:

Does this mean r u afraid of me....
Re: Five (5) Misconceptions About Jehovah's Witnesses. by Investnow2017: 11:31pm On May 31, 2020
Maximus69:

Only Jehovah's Witnesses Organization is the mountain that cannot be hidden! Isaiah 2:2

All other religions must hide when discussing standards! Matthew 5:13-16

So they are all here asking questions so they can use JWs standard to see how far their own is doing! smiley

Bro you have said it all. They are all afraid to publicly identify their religion. They know they can't hold their own against the truth of God's word. Sad, very sad indeed.
Re: Five (5) Misconceptions About Jehovah's Witnesses. by Nobody: 11:32pm On May 31, 2020
Maximus69:

Hmmmmmmmm that's really smart of you my young lady!

So know that all these critics are having their days in full now, you either choose to go with them or be prepared to be vilified along with God's people! Hebrews 11:25

There is no sitting on the fence, because

REAL FAITH is NOT a possession of all people 2Thessalonians 3:2

God bless you Rozz! smiley
Thanks sir, God bless you too
Re: Five (5) Misconceptions About Jehovah's Witnesses. by Narijoel(m): 11:32pm On May 31, 2020
Hairyrapunzel:

[s]See someone that wakes up daily wishing people (non jws) will be killed so he will live forever on earth calling it genuine happiness. Smh

Na cycle. Cycle of imaginary event[/s]
Done with you for tonight, continue to use your gibberish template/script to massage your bruised ego. Mr Atheist.
Re: Five (5) Misconceptions About Jehovah's Witnesses. by justli: 11:34pm On May 31, 2020
Narijoel:

Now I see, sha don't come back here later to tell us how you left your small church, formed yours or refused to attend church again because you probed and your pastor deviates from the Bible or disappoints you.

No one will force you to become a JW, They are not begging for members. They are only eager to show you the way God approves and help you to cultivate that relationship with God, the way he wants it to be, anything negative comment you make or read here does not stop the organization in anyway because it is backed by the most powerful force in the universe, God's holy spirit.

Rich history. Jw is just a baby organization. If you want to talk about history and traditions start with the RCC.

But again, you miss the point. The problem is with the history. Mormons have a deep and strong history as well.

Traditions of men can keep you glued because they appear innocent and beautiful.

Without strong traditions you religion cannot capture the minds of men

But in Christ we are free. I'm free to chose to fellowship with any other church. I'm not in bondages or condemned to hell if I leave my church for another.

I still miss my church of birth. The people were good and lovely people. I miss all the celebrations, festivals and prayer sections ...
Why I missed those?

Because they were family. We had community and it was lovely.

But if the traditions and teachings contradict the word of God, then its bad regardless of the beautiful traditions.

Unlike you. A man told you that your salvation is tied to his church and you believe him. Yet you claim to know your Bible.

Sad truth is most of you live in bondage and fear.

For instance you are not even sure of your salvation. You don't know if you have done enough good to deserve paradise

Charles Russel, a confused apostles of darkness has brainwashed you, but too bad you can't read the Bible for yourself to see this
Re: Five (5) Misconceptions About Jehovah's Witnesses. by achorladey: 11:35pm On May 31, 2020
Narijoel:

Done with you for tonight, continue to use your gibberish template/script to massage your bruised ego. Mr Atheist.

You could have responded without wasting time crossing it out. The original copy no go change now.

(1) (2) (3) ... (27) (28) (29) (30) (31) (32) (33) ... (44) (Reply)

There Are Plans To Assassinate Buhari – Mbaka / What Pastor Victor Kanyari's Daughter Is Posting On Social Media / Pastor Lawrence Onochie Disguised As Beggar, Went To His Own Church, Was Snubbed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.