Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,191,289 members, 7,943,650 topics. Date: Sunday, 08 September 2024 at 08:50 PM

Mourinho: The Undisputed Master Of The Mind Games - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Mourinho: The Undisputed Master Of The Mind Games (7355 Views)

Arsene Wenger Fights Jose Mourinho: The Funniest Memes As The Internet Reaction / Mikel Obi – The Undisputed ‘king’ Of The Eagles / Jose Mourinho : The Best Football Coach In The World (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Mourinho: The Undisputed Master Of The Mind Games by justkunmi(m): 10:13am On Jun 19, 2007
Mind Games?, leave it to Mourinho. He's the best at it. In fact, he deserves a medal in that regard.
The season has not started but it has started getting hot.

Following United's signings of 3 new players, Mourinho has commented and has usual, has nothing good to say, except playing games with people's minds. .

The most annoyin was the onslaught on Nani. Mourinho and Chelsea's scout has taunted the young lad and questioned his worth. .

[b]However, Chelsea scout Piet de Visser and Manager, Jose Mourinho is adamant, insisting that the Red Devils paid well over the odds for the winger.

"Of course we knew about Nani for a long time," he told Tien TV.

"He is a talent, but if you look at the European Championship in Portugal, and the current tournament in the Netherlands, Nani has not shown any progress.

"Therefore I think Manchester United have paid too much money for a player who has talent, but has not developed since last year."

While there is no doubting the player's potential, or the fact that Chelsea's criticism of Manchester United should be taken with a pinch of salt, there might be something to this claim.

To put it into perspective, we offer a comparison.

Cristiano Ronaldo - a far more promising player - was signed four years ago, then at a similar age, for around 18 million euros (12 million pounds). The decision to dish out 25 for Nani means that the United bosses must be fairly confident he can outdo the PFA Player of the Year.[/b]

Now, what Chelsea has succeded in doing is that, they have managed to heap pressure on Nani, meaning that any move, any dribble, any pass, any average display he does would be overly scrutinized. And if the player is not strong mentally, it might affect his play.

Mourinho didn't stop there, he has also taunted united saying cos they''ve spent 50million pounds on players so far, the onus is now on us to win the league and every competition we play in.

Of course, he knows wat pressure does to a team, so he is cleverly tryin to heap everythin on united or any other team around so Chelsea can cruise the league unnoticed. . !!! weirdo!!!!

And Mourinho admitted he hoped the weight of expectation piled on Chelsea in the past because of their spending will be transferred to their main competitors for the title.

He said: "Maybe at the beginning of next season they will say that Chelsea are not the favourites anymore because the club did not spend so much money.

Mourinho added: "People ask Chelsea, 'Last season you won two trophies, why did you not win four?' But not many journalists ask Liverpool boss Rafael Benitez and Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger, 'Why zero?' And not many people ask Manchester United, 'Why only the Premiership?'

"Is it about money? If it is, I hope that next season the media put pressure on the big spenders because the big spenders, for sure, will not be Chelsea."

Quite an interesting guy, but the mind games would only work on those who allow it. . . .

But one thing is sure though, next season's race for the Premier League title would be very interesting and of course, "wicked"

PROUDLY UNITED cool
Re: Mourinho: The Undisputed Master Of The Mind Games by loyika(m): 10:37am On Jun 19, 2007
Jk

Why the surprise

Thats the way Maureen knows!? and he won't be Maureen if he doesn't act to type.

I trust the British Press (thats why he only said it in Chelsea's Mag) They would have asked him that, since he didn't spend, does that mean if Chelsea win nothing, he is not to blame grin grin

Anyway, i doubt anyone is taking notice of the LIP!! When you are use to something, it becomes irrelevant after a while.

cool GOONER 89
Re: Mourinho: The Undisputed Master Of The Mind Games by justkunmi(m): 10:44am On Jun 19, 2007
not that i was surprised, i was annoyed he had to go fo Nani. . .a portuguese, Just cos he signed for united, he is now an enemy.
Remember how took on Ronaldo too. saying he came from a poor and non-fpptballing town in portugal just to unsettle the boy. Am just amazed at wat lenghts he would go to unsettle someone, just for his benefit. .

Now he is playin the media too into a game. If chelsea doesn't sign anybody else, they end up not spending alot. and if that happens, he has a right not to win anything!!!! FREAK

That guy is a duck
Re: Mourinho: The Undisputed Master Of The Mind Games by somze(f): 10:51am On Jun 19, 2007
There is a chelsea thread that particularly deals with things like this.
Re: Mourinho: The Undisputed Master Of The Mind Games by justkunmi(m): 11:01am On Jun 19, 2007
@somze

dont u think i noticed??

and the thread ur refering to is a CHELSEA thread, as u rightly said
Re: Mourinho: The Undisputed Master Of The Mind Games by Razorr(f): 11:07am On Jun 19, 2007
JK, I'm not going to argue with you, but the fact is that Mourinho never lies!

Everything he says is the Truth so you can give it a rest!

Or you can say Mourinho is smart and others are non-smart! grin grin
Re: Mourinho: The Undisputed Master Of The Mind Games by RuuDie(m): 11:14am On Jun 19, 2007
@ Somzee,

in case, you don't know its UTD fans in here yarning, so if you've got no contribution - TAKE A HIKE  angry

@ Razorr,

i knew you'd come grin

what JM is saying is far from the truth - he's saying Nani ain't worth the salt, he took snipe shots at UTD when we got Ronaldo remember ?

"Of course we knew about Nani for a long time," he told Tien TV.
"He is a talent, but if you look at the European Championship in Portugal, and the current tournament in the Netherlands, Nani has not shown any progress.
"Therefore I think Manchester United have paid too much money for a player who has talent, but has not developed since last year."

must you always buy a finished product doesn't JM ever think of "developing"

@ TOPIC
I don't think JM ever be better than Fergie when it comes to this - no matter how bad you run-down a player, Fergie just has a way of bringing the best outta 'em. this onslaught is only g'onna give Fergie a stepping stone on which he can start to motivate Nani and the other nu' kids on the block !
Re: Mourinho: The Undisputed Master Of The Mind Games by Razorr(f): 11:26am On Jun 19, 2007
RuuDie:

what JM is saying is far from the truth - he's saying Nani ain't worth the salt, he took snipe shots at UTD when we got Ronaldo remember ?

Sweetheart, did you watch the recent Euro under 21 championships? Nani sucked. That's why the Chelsea scout said what he did. tongue

Don't forget that when a big club signs a new talent, all eyes would be on the boy. The guy would be under pressure to perform. Nani has been bad recently (if you've been following his progress) and that's why they took a jibe at him. grin

What the guys at Chelsea have said is that it would take time for the guy to adapt. I don't know what's wrong in that statement. grin grin
Re: Mourinho: The Undisputed Master Of The Mind Games by RuuDie(m): 11:32am On Jun 19, 2007
well, since he sucked in U-21 and it means he's no threat whatsoever to y'all - why all the fuss about him ? why worry about him 'nuff to dedicate a whole press conference to him ?
why not worry about how long it'd take Pizarro and Sidwell to kick a ball in Chelski shirts ?
Re: Mourinho: The Undisputed Master Of The Mind Games by Razorr(f): 11:34am On Jun 19, 2007
Sweetheart, correction! - The press conference was not about him.

It was about Chelsea's 'no spending' policy.  tongue

Get your facts right.   cool

Mourinho was taking a jibe at United's spending spree.  grin   grin
Re: Mourinho: The Undisputed Master Of The Mind Games by Razorr(f): 11:38am On Jun 19, 2007
RuuDie:

why not worry about how long it'd take Pizarro and Sidwell to kick a ball in Chelski shirts ?

Sweetheart, you know what's so funny? We do not need Sidwell or Pizarro to perform. We already have plenty of firepower. We only bought them for adequate back-up! tongue grin grin
Re: Mourinho: The Undisputed Master Of The Mind Games by Iman3(m): 11:39am On Jun 19, 2007
Razorr:

Sweetheart, did you watch the recent Euro under 21 championships? Nani sucked. That's why the Chelsea scout said what he did.  tongue

Don't forget that when a big club signs a new talent, all eyes would be on the boy. The guy would be under pressure to perform. Nani has been bad recently (if you've been following his progress) and that's why they took a jibe at him.   grin

What the guys at Chelsea have said is that it would take time for the guy to adapt. I don't know what's wrong in that statement.  grin   grin

Nani may end up being a dissapointment just like Shaun Wright Philips and Damien Duff but that doesn't change anything.We have 7 decent players in midfield-Scholes,Giggs,Anderson,Ronaldo,Carrick,Hargreaves,Nani.Only 4 need perform at any given time.In the long term,we will continue to sell and replace players.Failed to  mention Fletcher(Fergie's illegitimate son)

Nani won't be under any extra pressure to perform.There is  a wealth of talent in the team and he could be introduced gradually.Players either fufill or fail to fulfill expectations,that is the nature of football.However,no club in the last 17 years has been as good in the Premiership at harnessing youthful talent as Utd.

Of course it will take time to adapt.That is stating the obvious.Ronaldo took time to flourish.There is nothing particularly elightening about the comments
Re: Mourinho: The Undisputed Master Of The Mind Games by Razorr(f): 11:42am On Jun 19, 2007
I-Man, thank you for your immense wisdom.  grin grin

I rest my case.  cool
Re: Mourinho: The Undisputed Master Of The Mind Games by dinozzo(m): 11:45am On Jun 19, 2007
LMAO @ I-Man. Fletcher(Fergie's illegitimate son)
Re: Mourinho: The Undisputed Master Of The Mind Games by Azizmii(m): 11:50am On Jun 19, 2007
Mourinho;The mind fighter.You should giv this guy d respect he deserves.
Re: Mourinho: The Undisputed Master Of The Mind Games by RuuDie(m): 11:52am On Jun 19, 2007
Razorr:

I-Man, thank you for your immense wisdom.   grin   grin
I rest my case. 

thats exactly what you do when you ain't got JACK to say - find a rock to duck under ! "never start stuff you cannot finish"

JM is just scared shitless - deep in his guts he knows his Chelski side still lack a lot and UTD are growing stronger by the day; no cash for him, he's at a loss as to how to charge his troops and an impending threat of disgrace looming on the horizon if this season is not as successful as his bosses desire - welcome to realty JM !
Re: Mourinho: The Undisputed Master Of The Mind Games by Razorr(f): 11:57am On Jun 19, 2007
Sweety, if you know anything about me, you'll know I never duck.

Listen up blockhead, Mourinho is an expert at taking up challenges. He did it last season when half his squad was injured.

Like I said before, give the guy his due respect! cool
Re: Mourinho: The Undisputed Master Of The Mind Games by mukina2: 12:09pm On Jun 19, 2007
grin grin grin lipsrsealed
Re: Mourinho: The Undisputed Master Of The Mind Games by RuuDie(m): 12:22pm On Jun 19, 2007
Yeah punk, like hell we respect him - we respect him for running his mouth too much, for destroying the illustrious career of a certain Monsieur Boularouz and sticking his darned nose in other peoples' biznizzes !
Re: Mourinho: The Undisputed Master Of The Mind Games by Razorr(f): 12:28pm On Jun 19, 2007
How did Mourinho destroy Boularouz's career? 

Was it his fault that the guy was a flop? Did he tie the guy's legs?    

Didn't he give him opportunities to play which he(Boularouz) didn't make good use of? 

Monsieur Ruudie, please try to make statements that make at least a little sense!  angry
Re: Mourinho: The Undisputed Master Of The Mind Games by somze(f): 12:30pm On Jun 19, 2007
@razorr
why do you bother replying?
Re: Mourinho: The Undisputed Master Of The Mind Games by RuuDie(m): 1:14pm On Jun 19, 2007
Ooooh so now my yarns no make sense ! what about this
Razorr:

Listen up blockhead, Mourinho is an expert at taking up challenges. He did it last season when half his squad was injured.

so wetin concern challenges here now; JM dey mis-yarn, you dey talk about challenges !

ain't saying that JM isn't a good coach - and he's particularly very good with the mind-game thingy but he ain't up against Wenger or Rjikaard here ! personally, i think he's blundered on this one; he's fired a salvo into the enemy camp a wee too early for it to have any telling effect and in time to come it'd come back to haunt him.

like i noted earlier, he's only just given Sir Alex grounds on which to start motivationg his wards and in a sense, exposed his fears - a psychological minus for his side !
don't expect anything from Fergie soon - he's got the upper hand now.
Re: Mourinho: The Undisputed Master Of The Mind Games by Razorr(f): 1:20pm On Jun 19, 2007
Wrong!

Mourinho was just stating the obvious.

Listen my dear, the pressure would be on gay next season to perform since they're the current Champions. It always happens like that with Champions.

All Chelsea has to do next year is to surprise those who think Yankeepool and manure would be the major contenders and win all the major trophies. cool
Re: Mourinho: The Undisputed Master Of The Mind Games by tng(f): 1:30pm On Jun 19, 2007
Mourinho was just stating the obvious

Thank you oh. What are u guys going on about? All the noise then was Chelsea have won titles because of their spending. Now united is spending and so the pressure should mount on them as well.
Re: Mourinho: The Undisputed Master Of The Mind Games by samoraben: 1:43pm On Jun 19, 2007
well guy's lets not beat about this when we all know that the true champ of english league are the blues, after beating man utd in a nutral ground of wembly.
Re: Mourinho: The Undisputed Master Of The Mind Games by samoraben: 1:48pm On Jun 19, 2007
is good that man utd are doing there buy now coz last season when chealse did theres it was a news , thats they 've being wining but its not about the buy u make but the stars involve coz u cant make a stupid buy and expect to win, blues have a good team even without there highest buy last season (shavy)
Re: Mourinho: The Undisputed Master Of The Mind Games by RuuDie(m): 1:49pm On Jun 19, 2007
@ Razorr,

Wrong, pressure has/is always g'onna be there. but if you look closely, you'll see that its JM, not Sir Fergie that is under the pressure-cooker at the moment.
your clubs been doing the books lately and have realised that the gross earnings ain't raking in the anticipated profits inspite of the massive expenditure; that has to be over-turned by more success and they've particularly got their eyes on the Champs ligue !
On the other hand, not so for Sir Fergie - he had some pretty ruff time all thru the barren seasons and the beginning of this after selling RuuD V.N. but somehow he's always managed to make management see things from his side and he's gotten their complete trust !

are u tryna say that Chelski are ranked UNDERDOGS come next season ?
Re: Mourinho: The Undisputed Master Of The Mind Games by justkunmi(m): 9:38pm On Jun 19, 2007
i think the mind games has started yielding some results.
following the onslaught on nani, the boy too has started playin into the trap mourinho has cleverly set. now he's bothering himself and running all over the news sayin he would prove chelsea wrong.

http://www.goal.com/en-us/Articolo.aspx?ContenutoId=332027
http://msn.foxsports.com/soccer/story/6937528     

Nani is counting the days to the Community Shield to respond to Chelsea's jibe that Manchester United paid over-the-odds for his signature.

That was the accusation levelled at United by their rivals' chief scout Piet de Visser after the Dutchman watched Nani at the European Under 21 Championship in Holland.
As a result, Nani is now doubly keen to showcase his talent when the two sides meet in the season's opener at Wembley on August 5.

"I am already thinking about that game," Nani is quoted in The Daily Mail. "That is where I will make my mark.

"I want to show Chelsea that buying me has been a great move by Manchester United."

Nani has been compared to new team-mate Cristiano Ronaldo after coming through the youth ranks at Sporting, and will be joined at Old Trafford next season by fellow new signings Owen Hargreaves and Anderson.                                                                                         

an advice for u, Nani, don't ever try to impress anyone, esp maureen. . it would just make u tear your heart out. .

Welcome to the Premiership. .
Re: Mourinho: The Undisputed Master Of The Mind Games by justkunmi(m): 11:26pm On Jun 20, 2007
does this guy not annoy you??

http://goal.com/en/Articolo.aspx?ContenutoId=332662

Mourinho Jibes At Liverpool's History

Jose Mourinho has reopened the row with with Liverpool about the subject of 'history' as he reminds the Merseysiders of how many trophies his side have won compared to themselves in recent years.

While conceding that Liverpool have a fine European tradition he points out that they are suffering from a 17-year Championship drought.

The issue relates to a row that preceeded Liverpool's Champions League semi-final victory over Chelsea, which they achieved for the second time in three seasons, but Mourinho believes it is now his side that are making history.

He said: "Liverpool fans can continue to chant 'no history' at us but we continue to make it. They have their history, we have our history.

"They are a club with a history in Europe that Chelsea doesn't have, and their history is magnificent, but I think for 17 years they don't win one championship and we won two in the last three years.

"Of the 12 pieces of silverware in English football in the last three years, Chelsea won six, Liverpool two, Manchester United two and Arsenal two, so we won the same number of pieces of silverware that the other three clubs won all together. So I think we are going in the right direction."

this maureen guy is something else undecided
Re: Mourinho: The Undisputed Master Of The Mind Games by mukina2: 11:29pm On Jun 20, 2007
i dont blame maureen really grin let him talk . and talk thats his speciality anyway .
Re: Mourinho: The Undisputed Master Of The Mind Games by justkunmi(m): 11:33pm On Jun 20, 2007
so chelsea's 3 years of "success" makes up for decades of underachievement

this guy is . . . . . . tongue embarassed lipsrsealed undecided cry sad angry
Re: Mourinho: The Undisputed Master Of The Mind Games by mukina2: 11:35pm On Jun 20, 2007
justkunmi:

this guy is . Yapping master. . . .  .  tongue embarassed lipsrsealed undecided cry sad angry

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

AYC Semi Final: Nigeria 2 Mali 0, To Meet Cameroun in Final / Hifl®: Did Your Favourite Make It To The Quarter Finals? / Tips On How To Watch Football Livestream.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.