Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,242 members, 7,950,318 topics. Date: Monday, 16 September 2024 at 12:04 PM

Tinubu Urges Fashola To Sack Striking Doctors - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Tinubu Urges Fashola To Sack Striking Doctors (10022 Views)

President Jonathan Sack Striking Doctors. / Tinubu Urges Us To Assist Nigeria’s Anti-terrorism War / Sack Striking Doctors, Tinubu Tells Fashola (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tinubu Urges Fashola To Sack Striking Doctors by zeituni: 1:50pm On Feb 25, 2011
@Eko ile, You are a bad example of a rotten system.I really pity you and wonder how people like you look at the mirrors everyday.You are a total example of what is wrong with Nigeria , When i hear you spew that garbage ladden mouth of yours, It is sad you actually think you have superior intellect, But you are just an empty drum that would naturally be hollow sounding, You have your whole body so far into Fashola/Tinubu's asses that you cant seem to have any reasoning, It is so funny how you try and dodge direct questions at you and answer with propanganda written by devil laden leprous hands, But trust me karma is a bitch and you would fall into a situation where you would finally bow down to dOCTORS AND I PRAY FOR YOU, GOD WOULD GET YOU OUT OF IT, I have a brother who just left the lagos employ and thank God was merciful on him and having good parents could send me abroad, for further studies, HE  recieves 118,OO0 naira as salary up until january before he left, Doctors are not stupid and won't go the messy route folks like you and your drug laden "baba isale" Tinubu is going.I have actually lost any iota of respect for the guy and i believe it is the most dumb,out touch political statement ever made!But again most Nigerians are hypocritical and as far as they are fed bread crumbs they would keep licking the ass lips of thugs and rouges.I just pity Fashola, Sad he has to dig is tongue in druggies butt cheeks,

Again,listen up, I am very proud of the doctors, and for those that think the voice of people can't force change you obviously are not intune with modern society because this   is generation  Y,GENERATION x IS WHERE PEOPLE LIKE EKO ILE  AND HIS DRUGED UP BABA ISALE are stuck, Look at what is happenning in the middle east! Tinubu would pay for those unguarded statements and dearly!
Re: Tinubu Urges Fashola To Sack Striking Doctors by zeituni: 2:04pm On Feb 25, 2011
@hercules, Its okay for you to sit there in your office and type garbage but if you have ever been in a labour room or in the A@e or intensive care unit, you would be more guarded with your posts, Are you married?have you seen a woman give birth?The issue here is not whether Fashola is trying, the issue is what did the Government agree on with the doctors?Why did Fashola turn himself into a white faced Liar?Again The statement by Tinubu, is it what should come out of his mouth?I really doubt that guy went to school ,i think they have to look into the lie ABOUT SCHOOLING IN CANADA .Why would poorer states pay Conmess without blinking an eye and Lagos state running free health care for children refuses to pay?Have you been to the peadiatric clinic of Lagos state Hospitals?The doctors there see a huge bulk of patients because it is supposedly free, although that is another political lie but that is talk for another day, Back on track, I dont see why lesser states with doctors seeing 12 patienst in a day should earn conmess and a doctor in a peadiatric Lagos clinic that sees 70-80 patients can't earn as much or more, Nigerians like petting a leader that they percieve is doing well, because they think they dont worth any better ,they feel they can't do better, It's just like a lady that is in a n abussive marriage and gets beaten day in day out, but blames herself for annoying her Husband!Again i am loving this new generation Doctors!Fight ,Fight ,Fight pls!
Re: Tinubu Urges Fashola To Sack Striking Doctors by TCD: 2:05pm On Feb 25, 2011
I'm still waiting for Mr Ekoile to show us the free houses and free cars and the 75% increase in salaries. Posting Bull written in an article sure as hell can't be taken as fact.
Re: Tinubu Urges Fashola To Sack Striking Doctors by zeituni: 2:11pm On Feb 25, 2011
@Tcd, The guy is totally not in touch with reality, but again it is okay for Nigerians to spew nonsense, If people like that were abroad they would be on their way to a psch ward.Imagine him trying to pass government propaganda as facts?the reality is that even consultants that got houses before was/were driven out to accomodate the judiciary people!another fact!
Re: Tinubu Urges Fashola To Sack Striking Doctors by lekyar(m): 2:31pm On Feb 25, 2011
@ flkr uve not incorporated the core tenets of your training. How long have you been on strike, are you not bothered abt the cost in lives of the people of the state. If people like you lived in 17th century europe you and your lot would've been beheaded or hung for treason. You guy earn a lot more than other workers in the state. Play fool long enough and you become one.

@Mustay I am aware just emphazing the culminating degeneracy of the medical workers prolly trip of as a result of the Doctors strike in Lagos

@Pariski stop been trivial and self-centered and think deeper because life encompasses all this things, you're not alone

@Eko ile tnks 4 enlightening us more @Seanet02 tnks also.

[size=8pt][size=8pt][size=8pt][size=8pt]The Doctors need to call off their strike now !!!!!![/size][/size][/size][/size]
Re: Tinubu Urges Fashola To Sack Striking Doctors by zeituni: 2:55pm On Feb 25, 2011
It is sad that most Nigerians try and justify the calling of doctors by them swearing the hipprocrattic oath as a contract to poverty, So lets ask where is it written in the oath for doctors to be enslaved and in this countries that the oath originates are their doctors enslaved?sO LETS START WITH THE HIPPROCRATIC OATH SINCE IT IS THE MOST OFTEN QUOTED AS REASON FOR DOCTORS TO ABANDON THEIR OWN PHYSICAL/EMOTIONAL AND PSYCHOLOGICAL WELL BEING .There you go,

I swear by Apollo the Physician and Asclepius and Hygieia and Panaceia and all the gods, and goddesses, making them my witnesses, that I will fulfill according to my ability and judgment this oath and this covenant:
To hold him who has taught me this art as equal to my parents and to live my life in partnership with him, and if he is in need of money to give him a share of mine, and to regard his offspring as equal to my brothers in male lineage and to teach them this art–if they desire to learn it–without fee and covenant; to give a share of precepts and oral instruction and all the other learning to my sons and to the sons of him who has instructed me and to pupils who have signed the covenant and have taken the oath according to medical law, but to no one else.

I will apply dietic measures for the benefit of the sick according to my ability and judgment; I will keep them from harm and injustice.

I will neither give a deadly drug to anybody if asked for it, nor will I make a suggestion to this effect. Similarly I will not give to a woman an abortive remedy. In purity and holiness I will guard my life and my art.

I will not use the knife, not even on sufferers from stone, but will withdraw in favor of such men as are engaged in this work.

Whatever houses I may visit, I will come for the benefit of the sick, remaining free of all intentional injustice, of all mischief and in particular of sexual relations with both female and male persons, be they free or slaves.

What I may see or hear in the course of treatment or even outside of the treatment in regard to the life of men, which on no account one must spread abroad, I will keep myself holding such things shameful to be spoken about.

If I fulfill this oath and do not violate it, may it be granted to me to enjoy life and art, being honoured with fame among all men for all time to come; if I transgress it and swear falsely, may the opposite of all this be my lot.
Re: Tinubu Urges Fashola To Sack Striking Doctors by zeituni: 3:03pm On Feb 25, 2011
So ther you go that is the hippocratic oath and i dont see the contract with poverty,
For that ignoramous ,lekyar or what ever you call urself, You alluded to the 17th century well deal with it!we are in 2011.You can go back to that era if you want.In 17th century europe doctors were kings and was/were more respected and earned more.Very typical of arrogant ,block headed Nigerians that split facts to suit themselves ,everything is selective with you people because you just are not capable of looking at things with your eyes, YOU HAVE TO RESORT TO OTHER PRIVATE ORIFICES ,SAD
Re: Tinubu Urges Fashola To Sack Striking Doctors by EkoIle1: 3:16pm On Feb 25, 2011
favouredjb:

Is eko ile AKA babpupa, the comm for information?

so you think the doctors should seek employment elsewhr?

i still wonder why tinubu is talking on behalf of the governor,he should realise his tenure as gov has been over for a long time

Why not? This is what people do when they are not satisfied with their Employment/Employer. Go look for the proverbial greener pasture, no reason to sit around like an obstruction while people die, it's not by force to work for Lagos State.

It's Ok if you don't like Tinubu, but he is entitled to his opinion just like you and any other Nigerian.
Re: Tinubu Urges Fashola To Sack Striking Doctors by EkoIle1: 3:19pm On Feb 25, 2011
zeituni:

@Eko ile, You are a bad example of a rotten system.I really pity you and wonder how people like you look at the mirrors everyday.You are a total example of what is wrong with Nigeria , When i hear you spew that garbage ladden mouth of yours, It is sad you actually think you have superior intellect, But you are just an empty drum that would naturally be hollow sounding, You have your whole body so far into Fashola/Tinubu's asses that you cant seem to have any reasoning, It is so funny how you try and dodge direct questions at you and answer with propanganda written by devil laden leprous hands, But trust me karma is a naughty woman and you would fall into a situation where you would finally bow down to dOCTORS AND I PRAY FOR YOU, GOD WOULD GET YOU OUT OF IT, I have a brother who just left the lagos employ and thank God was merciful on him and having good parents could send me abroad, for further studies, HE  recieves 118,OO0 naira as salary up until january before he left, Doctors are not silly and won't go the messy route folks like you and your drug laden "baba isale" Tinubu is going.I have actually lost any iota of respect for the guy and i believe it is the most dumb,out touch political statement ever made!But again most Nigerians are hypocritical and as far as they are fed bread crumbs they would keep licking the backside lips of thugs and rouges.I just pity Fashola, Sad he has to dig is tongue in druggies butt cheeks,

Again,listen up, I am very proud of the doctors, and for those that think the voice of people can't force change you obviously are not intune with modern society because this   is generation  Y,GENERATION x IS WHERE PEOPLE LIKE EKO ILE  AND HIS DRUGED UP BABA ISALE are stuck, Look at what is happenning in the middle east! Tinubu would pay for those unguarded statements and dearly!

Another boring rubbish.
Re: Tinubu Urges Fashola To Sack Striking Doctors by lekyar(m): 3:22pm On Feb 25, 2011
zeituni:

So ther you go that is the hippocratic oath and i dont see the contract with poverty,
For that ignoramous ,lekyar or what ever you call urself, You alluded to the 17th century well deal with it!we are in 2011.You can go back to that era if you want.In 17th century europe doctors were kings and was/were more respected and earned more.Very typical of arrogant ,block headed Nigerians that split facts to suit themselves ,everything is selective with you people because you just are not capable of looking at things with your eyes, YOU HAVE TO RESORT TO OTHER PRIVATE ORIFICES ,SAD

Ignoramus indeed, Hmm, not going to resort to such on this forum, I'm a humanist, growing up, I revered Doctors for the empathy and care. I have not measured their grievances on a fiat of some oath which they don't believe in. Keep up the expletives as would any teenager you see on the street. So you took up medicine to become a Doctor or the call was inborn. That rest my case.
Re: Tinubu Urges Fashola To Sack Striking Doctors by lekyar(m): 3:25pm On Feb 25, 2011
zeituni:

lekyar link=topic=611042.msg7799748#msg7799748 date=1298643721:

Ignoramus indeed, Hmm, not going to resort to such on this forum, I'm a humanist, growing up, I revered Doctors for the empathy and care. I have not measured their grievances on a fiat of some oath which they don't believe in. Keep up the expletives as would any teenager you see on the street. So you took up medicine to become a
millionaire or the call was inborn. That rest my case.
Re: Tinubu Urges Fashola To Sack Striking Doctors by zeituni: 3:37pm On Feb 25, 2011
Trust me you are far from a humanist, everything you have said here contradicts that because you forget that doctors are also human beings,can also be patients.But again,i guess you did not know that,your intellect proves you are just another pimple faced teenager.Just look at you alluding to the 17th century to back up your poor judgement forgeting that doctors was/were kings then, I aint suprised, i just feel you are doing the right thing, throwing in the towel when you know your brain can't sustain, Really,it is not my fault you dont have the intellectual capacity to make good points and stand by them,
Re: Tinubu Urges Fashola To Sack Striking Doctors by zeituni: 3:39pm On Feb 25, 2011
@Eko ile, come on, go in deeper, i just hope you come out of his mouth this time, sad lobbyist!
Re: Tinubu Urges Fashola To Sack Striking Doctors by EkoIle1: 3:43pm On Feb 25, 2011
Maybe you're not worth my time.

Fashola said he can not meet the doctors demand. The ball is now in the doctor's court. Take what the state is offering or take a hike. Very simple.
Re: Tinubu Urges Fashola To Sack Striking Doctors by lekyar(m): 3:56pm On Feb 25, 2011
zeituni:

Trust me you are far from a humanist, everything you have said here contradicts that because you forget that doctors are also human beings,can also be patients.But again,i guess you did not know that,your intellect proves you are just another pimple faced teenager.Just look at you alluding to the 17th century to back up your poor judgement forgeting that doctors was/were kings then, I aint suprised, i just feel you are doing the right thing, throwing  in the towel when you know your brain can't sustain, Really,it is not my fault you dont have the intellectual capacity to make good points and stand by them,

Will not join issues with you forthwith, lets see how the face off turns out if it becomes protracted. People are already turning to alternatives for relief , the casualties are high already. Keep dwelling on specifies instead of the overall picture, you can't squeeze water out of stone. bear that in mind. You seem so frustrated if would be a mistake to place a patient in your care with your present state of mind. Keep on the topic and off my back if you feel justified that the people may well die for a few coins. Please also define your concept of wealth and poverty. Because your concept of poverty maybe another man's paradise. Reality of Nigeria.

Bolded part, is this topic enough to pull all that. Surprised!!!. Seems simple enough to me, Millions of people are been sacrificed to reinstate one man. How much more simpler can it be Mr Dokita/Philosopher.
Re: Tinubu Urges Fashola To Sack Striking Doctors by EkoIle1: 4:10pm On Feb 25, 2011
lekyar:

Will not join issues with you forthwith, lets see how the face off turns out if it becomes protracted. People are already turning to alternatives for relief , the casualties are high already. Keep dwelling on specifies instead of the overall picture, you can't squeeze water out of stone. bear that in mind. You seem so frustrated if would be a mistake to place a patient in your care with your present state of mind. Keep on the topic and off my back if you feel justified that the people may well die for a few coins. Please also define your concept of wealth and poverty. Because your concept of poverty maybe another man's paradise. Reality of Nigeria.

Bolded part, is this topic enough to pull all that. Surprised!!!. Seems simple enough to me, Millions of people are been sacrificed to reinstate one man. How much more simpler can it be Mr Dokita/Philosopher.

I don't think he's worth it, all the needless name calling clearly shows his faulty intellectual capacity.
Re: Tinubu Urges Fashola To Sack Striking Doctors by evilspirit: 4:15pm On Feb 25, 2011
many of you ignoramus here will cringe when you see doctors abroad. they are lords over all the earth
Re: Tinubu Urges Fashola To Sack Striking Doctors by EkoIle1: 4:20pm On Feb 25, 2011
I see doctors abroad and I don't cringe. The market dictates their pay, not some silly national bureaucracy.
Re: Tinubu Urges Fashola To Sack Striking Doctors by seanet02: 4:25pm On Feb 25, 2011
zeituni:

@Eko ile, come on, go in deeper, i just hope you come out of his mouth this time, sad lobbyist!
Symptoms of A Damaged Brain!!
Re: Tinubu Urges Fashola To Sack Striking Doctors by evilspirit: 4:26pm On Feb 25, 2011
Eko Ile:

I see doctors abroad and I don't cringe. The market dictates their pay, not some silly national bureaucracy.  

fool! next time your are sick.dont see a doctor, treat yourself.
Re: Tinubu Urges Fashola To Sack Striking Doctors by seanet02: 4:34pm On Feb 25, 2011
evilspirit:

fool! next time your are sick.dont see a doctor, treat yourself.
what else will come out of evil than evil wishes. You are so crazy, Buffon
Re: Tinubu Urges Fashola To Sack Striking Doctors by Pennywise(m): 4:38pm On Feb 25, 2011
An irresponsible federal govt caused this problem. The conmess pay structure has been largely ignored by all until lawmakers started awarding themselves fantastic and indefensible remuneration. Then it was no longer justifiable not to accede to doctors' demand.

Lagos doctors consequently began their own agitation b/c they dont see (rightly) why they should earn less than docs working in federal medical centers.

Of course if their demand is granted nurses, phamacies, lab techs etc will have to be given their largese followed by the non-medical workers. I doubt if there will be enough money to pay all the salaries let alone do anything else. Blame it on the national assembly and the figure head presidents we have been having lately
Re: Tinubu Urges Fashola To Sack Striking Doctors by zeituni: 4:53pm On Feb 25, 2011
@lekyar
First and foremost I dont do lagos state civil service if you read through my post with your brains in your head you would figure that out, but again i don't expect you to, You guys can never in your wildest dreams afford me, It is sad that you still sidetracked the specifics and are accusing me of not looking at the overall picture.So since you called for that let me engage yor absence of any human intellect although i know am talking to someone not capable of comprehending,

1.DID FASHOLA HAVE AN AGGREMENT WITH THE DOCTORS? YES HE DID
2. WAS THERE A WRITTEN DOCUMENT?YES THERE WAS
3.DID THEY(DOCTORS )FUFFIL THERE ARE OWN PART OF THE AGGREMENT BY SUSPENDING THE STRIKE.yES THEY DID!
4.wAS THE AGREEMENT FUFILLED ON THE PART OF THE GOVERNMENT?HELL TO THE NO!
5.WHy should lagos doctors be paid less since they work more?No justification!reason they would rather spend money on campaign than take care of the health of lagosians!
back to the overall picture ,if you can answer the question. are doctors themselves human beings? are they also patients?do they have family members that are also patients?answer those questions?then we can talk about overall picture.The fact is that doctors are also affected!The cost of living in lagos is high.Doctors  have families,relatives and dependents!

And please stop the ignorant talk about it been about one man, That is sad and its you sescaping the overall picture ,but agian you are shitting on yourself and you don't even see that, Dull ,dull,dumb!
Re: Tinubu Urges Fashola To Sack Striking Doctors by zeituni: 4:58pm On Feb 25, 2011
@Eko ile,you are just an accident waiting to happen!Political prostitute ,thats what you are!Imagine you providing some leftist publication and passing it off as facts!you just shot your credibility in the foot!i AM NOT SUPRISED ANYWAYS, It shows your dishonesty and craftiness in trying to bend and present wrong facts.Dafty!
Re: Tinubu Urges Fashola To Sack Striking Doctors by EkoIle1: 5:10pm On Feb 25, 2011
zeituni:

@Eko ile,you are just an accident waiting to happen!Political love-peddler ,thats what you are!Imagine you providing some leftist publication and passing it off as facts!you just shot your credibility in the foot!i AM NOT SUPRISED ANYWAYS, It shows your dishonesty and craftiness in trying to bend and present wrong facts.Dafty!

Do you even know the meaning of leftist publication or is a speech by the governor of Lagos state a leftist publication? You are comedian.

I still want you to answer this question.

Is it by force to work for the Government Of The Great State Of Lagos?

Yes Or No
Re: Tinubu Urges Fashola To Sack Striking Doctors by evilspirit: 5:16pm On Feb 25, 2011
Eko Ile:

Do you even know the meaning of leftist publication or is a speech by the governor of Lagos state a leftist publication? You are comedian.

I still want you to answer this question.

Is it by force to work for the Government Of The Great State Of Lagos?

Yes Or No

YES with reasons
Re: Tinubu Urges Fashola To Sack Striking Doctors by seanet02: 5:19pm On Feb 25, 2011
zeituni:

@Eko ile,you are just an accident waiting to happen!Political love-peddler ,thats what you are!Imagine you providing some leftist publication and passing it off as facts!you just shot your credibility in the foot!i AM NOT SUPRISED ANYWAYS, It  shows your dishonesty and craftiness in trying to bend and present wrong facts.Dafty!
And where did he bend the facts? The fact remains your Brain is too shallow to accommodate the facts. Knock your head the screen in front of you. Idio.t
Re: Tinubu Urges Fashola To Sack Striking Doctors by hercules07: 5:20pm On Feb 25, 2011
@Zeituni

See your mouth, I am married with three kids and was in the labour room for each one, for your information, it is the nurses and sisters that deliver babies not the doctors, they only come in after the delivery, stay for five minutes and are out of the door. I repeat it that a doctor earning 200K a month in lagos should be comfortable, poorer states are able to pay CONMESS because that is all they do, they pay civil servants and share the rest, if that is what you want for Lagos, then goodluck to you.
Re: Tinubu Urges Fashola To Sack Striking Doctors by reindeer: 5:24pm On Feb 25, 2011
Eko Ile:

What do you mean the market dictates their pay?I have been working in the NHS for the last 6years and i'm at a loss to the meaning of your statement.I worked for Lagos State till i left in anger.The market DOES NOT have anything to do with pay here.
Re: Tinubu Urges Fashola To Sack Striking Doctors by EkoIle1: 5:25pm On Feb 25, 2011
evilspirit:

YES with reasons

Please don't keep me waiting for the reasons,
Re: Tinubu Urges Fashola To Sack Striking Doctors by hercules07: 5:28pm On Feb 25, 2011
@deer

Are you trying to compare a trillion dollar economy to a 2 billion dollar economy? Please lets compare like for like, how much are doctors earning in the Government hospitals in Benin and Togo as their economy is similar to that of Lagos.
Re: Tinubu Urges Fashola To Sack Striking Doctors by reindeer: 5:35pm On Feb 25, 2011
Come on, it's banded right from your day 1 in the NHS, i know how much i will earn in 7years time and it is related to the prevailing inflation rates, i earn a particular amount above the current inflation rate for every year, even more interesting is that if i work in London(even if its a locum post) i earn what we call the ''london weighting'' which takes into account the cost of living in london as opposed to other parts of the Uk so you earn more than in say Newcastle or Southampton.
Now my friend imagine a doctor in Lagos earning less than the one in Ekiti, doesn't sound right to me.The NHS could have decided to ignore and say ''if you dont like your pay, go to london to work'' but i guess people here value lives and medical skills a lot more than NIgerians do, i just feel really sorry for Lagosians.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

The Industrialisation Of Nigeria In Pictures / FG Budgets ₦900bn For Agencies Recommended For Scrapping - Oronsaye Report / Lawan Promises To Surrender N93m Bribe

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.