Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,169,197 members, 7,873,875 topics. Date: Thursday, 27 June 2024 at 08:23 PM

UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route - Travel (111) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route (884535 Views)

UK Skilled Worker Visa : Story Of Nigerians Living As Destitutes - Sky News / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (108) (109) (110) (111) (112) (113) (114) ... (613) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by Emurate1: 3:30pm On Apr 22, 2022
Ijyoma:

So is it only English proficiency they'd ask for, to indicate the start of the CoS application..? Things are just getting weirder and weirder, other wise all these are what should be submitted for visa request. Me , I'm even still here strategizing on how to force offer out of their hands.

Care homes pay roughly 2k pounds for CoS and Immigration skill charge. Do you want them to pay that amount without confirming if you have the right documents for Visa Application? They need to be sure.

5 Likes

Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by DeeOneBangin: 3:40pm On Apr 22, 2022
Domiciliary Care and Care/Nursing home. Any merits or demerits btwn these two?
Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by Volcalb: 5:10pm On Apr 22, 2022
Person with head no get cap...me having care homes for interview with no money for IELTS. Life issues...

3 Likes

Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by Kennyg290: 5:16pm On Apr 22, 2022
Volcalb:
Person with head no get cap...me having care homes for interview with no money for IELTS. Life issues...
The more reason I am taking time to get ready and gather all requirements before engaging in the process. IELTS is very paramount. We move on
Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by Wisdom7400(m): 6:10pm On Apr 22, 2022
Ppl like us hve all documents ready (TB IELTS PCC) but no interview yet and time has started ticking for expiration of these documents.
Kennyg290:

The more reason I am taking time to get ready and gather all requirements before engaging in the process. IELTS is very paramount. We move on

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by Ijyoma: 6:31pm On Apr 22, 2022
Volcalb:

Life issues indeed...me I get interview completed..with no offer letter and no hint at whether I might have it any time in the nearest futuregrin

2 Likes

Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by sarssy: 6:33pm On Apr 22, 2022
Please guys how do you pay for visa and Biometrics fee? Can i use a naira master card or a dollar card?
Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by Ijyoma: 6:36pm On Apr 22, 2022
Emurate1:

Care homes pay roughly 2k pounds for CoS and Immigration skill charge. Do you want them to pay that amount without confirming if you have the right documents for Visa Application? They need to be sure.

Them try...na their time to shine..let us get the CoS first. Two to three years down, we Wii know who will be begging who to work with them in their care home
..if it will reach that time sef....

2 Likes

Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by Emurate1: 7:39pm On Apr 22, 2022
sarssy:
Please guys how do you pay for visa and Biometrics fee? Can i use a naira master card or a dollar card?

Wow, you've finally received your CoS?

Naira master card has $20 limit. Dollar card will fly
Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by sarssy: 8:05pm On Apr 22, 2022
Thank you. No i haven't yet. I am only trying to prepare funds ahead.
Emurate1:

Wow, you've finally received your CoS?

Naira master card has $20 limit. Dollar card will fly
Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by aminlove(m): 8:07pm On Apr 22, 2022
Has anybody taken Qatar Airways recently to the UK, was there any COVID test or vaccination thingy at Doha during the 1 stop?
Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by MrsO2: 8:54pm On Apr 22, 2022
Hi everyone,

Please if I'm going to the UK via the HCA route and won't need to pay the IHS surcharge, will my dependants [spouse and kids] have to pay the IHS surcharge?
Also will their visa costs be halved just like mine or will they pay the full fee?
Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by milkytins(m): 10:13pm On Apr 22, 2022
zeb04:
Guys, 20 days since i got my offer letter and still yet to get my certificate of sponsorship. I tire oh.

How long did it take you to get yours.

3 months
Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by DeeOneBangin: 10:27pm On Apr 22, 2022
MrsO2:
Hi everyone,

Please if I'm going to the UK via the HCA route and won't need to pay the IHS surcharge, will my dependants [spouse and kids] have to pay the IHS surcharge?
Also will their visa costs be halved just like mine or will they pay the full fee?

They won’t pay ihs fee. They also pay the subsidised visa fee
Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by DeeOneBangin: 10:31pm On Apr 22, 2022
For those that have applied for health and care visa, after paying for visa fee did you also pay for biometric fees (standard application)?
Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by Ijyoma: 12:01am On Apr 23, 2022
Where are all the people always talking about TB appointments? Go to the website this minute and see available dates with convenient times of the day, starting from as early as May 4th. Don't say I did not tell you people ooo. I'm even talking about Lagos, not to speak of Abuja.

3 Likes

Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by zeb04(f): 12:13am On Apr 23, 2022
milkytins:

3 months
Weren’t you scared they will take back the offer letter because of how long it took.
Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by Kaylaonah(f): 12:36am On Apr 23, 2022
Emurate1:

How could you possibly be waiting for CoS for over a month when you were talking of writing PTE/IELTS last week..

If your firm has not asked you for any English Language certificate, nobody has started your CoS process

From the start, my firm did not ask me for any document. Got my job offer without confirmation of having any document. They started talking cos process from the start and told me I should get my documents while they wait.

And if you ask anyone that got a job offer recently, emphasis on the recently, they'll tell you the same thing. Home office has slowed down in approving allocated cos.

1 Like

Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by EnglandAmaka(f): 12:38am On Apr 23, 2022
Agatha250:

I just got my IELTS result after 5days I got a band 7 that's my personal experience 2weeks of preparation

Paper based or computer based
Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by Kaylaonah(f): 12:41am On Apr 23, 2022
Ijyoma:

So is it only English proficiency they'd ask for, to indicate the start of the CoS application..? Things are just getting weirder and weirder, other wise all these are what should be submitted for visa request. Me , I'm even still here strategizing on how to force offer out of their hands.

They don't really need any document from you to start the cos process. I know someone that got her offer letter today and cos in the next day, and she left for UK last month, her company sponsored everything, from her visa to flight to accomodation. Abi it's 24hrs she used to write IELTS and get TB??

They don't need anything from you. Why these companies are asking is because they want to be sure that you meet up every requirement home office needs so they don't waste their time with you and end up wasting their money as well.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by Kaylaonah(f): 12:46am On Apr 23, 2022
Emurate1:

You said it right here that what they're doing is confirming that you have the right documents. It's not needed for your cos process in home office.

Besides, if you hear me speak, you'll know there's no way I can fail an English test ��

2 Likes

Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by Ijyoma: 1:04am On Apr 23, 2022
Kaylaonah:

Besides, if you hear me speak, you'll know there's no way I can fail an English test ��

Go gurlll cool
Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by Kennyg290: 2:45am On Apr 23, 2022
Wisdom7400:
Ppl like us hve all documents ready (TB IELTS PCC) but no interview yet and time has started ticking for expiration of these documents.
It's either you are over qualified or your CV needs review. Keep pushing ➡ and it will surely be a success.
Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by Agatha250: 6:54am On Apr 23, 2022
EnglandAmaka:

Paper based or computer based

Computer based

1 Like

Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by Emurate1: 8:38am On Apr 23, 2022
Kaylaonah:

From the start, my firm did not ask me for any document. Got my job offer without confirmation of having any document. They started talking cos process from the start and told me I should get my documents while they wait.

And if you ask anyone that got a job offer recently, emphasis on the recently, they'll tell you the same thing. Home office has slowed down in approving allocated cos.

There's no doubt that things have slowed down.

I am trying to tell you that your care home have not started processing your CoS if they have not asked you for any document. Your CoS bears your passport number. So if they've not asked you for even Passport, then they are waiting for something else.

I got my own offer without submitting any document.

1 Like

Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by Emurate1: 8:43am On Apr 23, 2022
Kaylaonah:

You said it right here that what they're doing is confirming that you have the right documents. It's not needed for your cos process in home office.

Of course. Home office doesn't need TB or IELTS to issue CoS.

But there's no way you won't submit any documents. Your friend must have submitted her passport. That's a document, how else did they get her passport number, Passport issue date and Expiration date of they did not ask her for any document?

Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by starboi63(m): 10:23am On Apr 23, 2022
How can someone verify if the company hiring truly offer certificate of sponsorship?
Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by milkytins(m): 11:21am On Apr 23, 2022
zeb04:

Weren’t you scared they will take back the offer letter because of how long it took.
Working from home and collecting pounds in Naija.
Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by Emurate1: 11:35am On Apr 23, 2022
starboi63:
How can someone verify if the company hiring truly offer certificate of sponsorship?

https://uktiersponsors.co.uk/

1 Like 1 Share

Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by misskit(f): 12:16pm On Apr 23, 2022
Can someone pls send a sample of what the cv should look like so i wont seem over qualified. I have BSc but I also have 6months experience in private care and also over 2years volunteers care experience.

2 Likes

Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by Kennyg290: 12:23pm On Apr 23, 2022
misskit:
Can someone pls send a sample of what the cv should look like so i wont seem over qualified. I have BSc but I also have 6months experience in private care and also over 2years volunteers care experience.
UK has a standard likewise some others recruiting from overseas. Go on their site and develop ur CV according to their specifications.
Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by zeb04(f): 12:42pm On Apr 23, 2022
milkytins:

Working from home and collecting pounds in Naija.

Second questions pls. While applying for visa, must my ielts be UKVI, i wrote a normal general ielts that was accepted by the organization. Do I need to write a ukvi general ielts again?

(1) (2) (3) ... (108) (109) (110) (111) (112) (113) (114) ... (613) (Reply)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 / German Embassy And Visa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.