Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,176,749 members, 7,898,668 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 July 2024 at 04:37 PM

Celebrate Nigeria's Diversity - Posters' Rich Diversities. - Politics (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Celebrate Nigeria's Diversity - Posters' Rich Diversities. (13361 Views)

Manchester United Celebrate Nigeria Independence Pics / 50 Reasons Why We Should Celebrate Nigeria / Jonathan, Nwodo And Governors Celebrate Nigeria At 50 In London (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Celebrate Nigeria's Diversity - Posters' Rich Diversities. by Nobody: 1:48pm On May 27, 2011
Ngodigha:

The Ijaw tend to classify non-Ijaw groups such as Ogoni AND kalabari as Ijaw just to claim they are the fourth largest group in Nigeria. Even at that The Ibibio, Annang and Efik combined is bigger than the Ijaw.
I don't know about the Ogonis but the kalabari people I know identify themselves as Ijaws.
And don't include the Efiks and the Annangs. We are only talking about the Ibibios.
Re: Celebrate Nigeria's Diversity - Posters' Rich Diversities. by Desola(f): 1:52pm On May 27, 2011
You're quite right. Its better you start another thread like you stated, to iron-out the issues you raised with the other poster.

As usual, you haven't proved me wrong by attempting to derail this thread. I know your likes. Why didn't you write that statement in English?

Simple instructions for the general benefit of all, like I stated initially in the opening thread and still, adherence becomes such a problem!

Dem poe,

slow your roll, Nna man. I am here just to have fun and didn't say anything abusive in that statement up there. Take it easy, it's not that serious. Moreover, what is the essence of this thread, anyway? You lot complain about the prerequisite of state origin yet you are doing virtually the same here by asking people where they are from. Isn't it enough for you that they are Nigerian?

I fart on this thread!

angry
Re: Celebrate Nigeria's Diversity - Posters' Rich Diversities. by Nobody: 1:55pm On May 27, 2011
Desola:

I fart on this thread!

angry
Very putrid fart! Stinks like hell. **spits**
Re: Celebrate Nigeria's Diversity - Posters' Rich Diversities. by AndreUweh(m): 1:57pm On May 27, 2011
@Desola, no offence intended, writing in any other language other than English language is against the rules and regulation of this forum. There is no harm in writing in your language but it has to be in the cultural section. Reread the rules again.
Re: Celebrate Nigeria's Diversity - Posters' Rich Diversities. by Nobody: 2:03pm On May 27, 2011
Desola, omo rere, bawo ni jare? grin
Re: Celebrate Nigeria's Diversity - Posters' Rich Diversities. by dempeople(m): 2:38pm On May 27, 2011
Desola:

Dem poe,

slow your roll, Nna man. I am here just to have fun and didn't say anything abusive in that statement up there. Take it easy, it's not that serious. Moreover, what is the essence of this thread, anyway? You lot complain about the prerequisite of state origin yet you are doing virtually the same here by asking people where they are from. Isn't it enough for you that they are Nigerian?

I fart on this thread!

angry

You can fart for all I care. You're the only one who's negative about a thread that celebrates our country's diversity. Can't you appreciate the beauty in having all these wonderful ethnic groups and states listed? Are people not having fun in this thread by seeing where our various countrymen and women originate from? What harm is it when posters list their state of origin or are you simply bringing politics into this? Have you seen where a poster was lambasted for listing his/her state of origin or ethnicity?

This thread is a celebration of who we are - Nigerians of different states and ethnic groups. Everyone is welcomed here. Change your mindset.
Re: Celebrate Nigeria's Diversity - Posters' Rich Diversities. by Bensonite: 2:46pm On May 27, 2011
Ngodigha:

The only Ijaw group in Rivers state are found in Asari Toru and Akoko Toru.
In Cross River state, there are so many groups there, yet Ibibio do not claim them. Ijaw should stop claiming non Ijaws in Rivers state.
Ngodigha,
Please stick to the topic on the thread and stop posting from your yansh. Do not post what you are not sure. Rivers State is polarize as riverrine and upland. All riverrine(Okrika, Kalabari, Bonny, Opobo, Andoni) more than the 2 L.G.A listed above are Ijaws by ancestry and belong to Ijaw National Congress. A few Ijaw-upland like Engenni in Ahoada West and entire Abua/Odua. So Ijaw in Rivers is between 35% and 40%.
Ijaw in Rivers state has never claimed Ogoni, Ikwerre, Ogba etc as Ijaws so where did you get that from?
Re: Celebrate Nigeria's Diversity - Posters' Rich Diversities. by alex101(m): 2:57pm On May 27, 2011
Buyayayayayayahahahah! grin Who is that claiming that the Ijaws are 4th largest ethnic group in nigeria,,,,I laugh in mars. Lately the Ijaws have been making a lot of noise and doing some major bombing (which I welcome though), but they are not up to 5.5M. With the way these Ijaws are shouting, anyone who is brain-dead will think they are the largest tribe in the devil's paradise called nigeria. It is like the way all the yorobos are screaming and mast#bating over Fashola being the best governor in the nigerian dungeon with their fake 3D animation/pictures, quite unfortunate that most folks in the nigerian dungeon are hookwinked because of their brain-dead status.

THE THEME OF IT ALL IS NEVER TO BELIEVE EVERYTHING YOU READ/HEAR cool

Akpabio of Akwa Ibom remains the undisputed #1 Governor in terms of perfomance, who no like, make e go drink a concentrated nitric acid
Re: Celebrate Nigeria's Diversity - Posters' Rich Diversities. by blackrules1(m): 3:20pm On May 27, 2011
Ileke-IdI:
E seun, oga gbe'fila od NL tongue
ko t' ope.
Re: Celebrate Nigeria's Diversity - Posters' Rich Diversities. by Nobody: 3:38pm On May 27, 2011
black.rules:

ko t' ope.

smiley
Re: Celebrate Nigeria's Diversity - Posters' Rich Diversities. by Odunnu: 3:43pm On May 27, 2011
Ibime:

Its called modernisation my friend. My close friend, Yoruba boy also swears he's a waffi man, and he is accepted by all and sundry as a waffi man cos he's got the waffi slangs and accent and is born and bred in Warri.

Likewise my friend from Anambra claims he is a Rivers man first and Igbo man second, and no one denies his right as a Port Harcourt boy since he was born and bred and his mum is also from Bonny.

Even EzeUche calls himself PH boy, although any real PH boy would reject his claims flatly!!!  grin grin grin
is that me you are trying to describe?
Quit trying, you'v done well.
I was born in the north, schoold and grew up there, i've never all my life stayed one straight week in a state I write on paper that i'm from. I dnt knw much about their culture and people. I'm just comfortable claiming my aboki heritage and waiting for when Nigeria will split so I can join the league of guys with dual citizenship lol
Re: Celebrate Nigeria's Diversity - Posters' Rich Diversities. by BB013(m): 3:51pm On May 27, 2011
[color=#000099][/color]
What's the fuss all about?
As for me my name rep where am from
B B = Bini Boy
Re: Celebrate Nigeria's Diversity - Posters' Rich Diversities. by Nobody: 4:12pm On May 27, 2011
from the promised land OKO
[size=14pt]ANAMBRA STATE[/size] wink wink
Re: Celebrate Nigeria's Diversity - Posters' Rich Diversities. by Ibime(m): 4:14pm On May 27, 2011
Ngodigha:

The only Ijaw group in Rivers state are found in Asari Toru and Akoko Toru.

Ngodigha:

The Ijaw tend to classify non-Ijaw groups such as Ogoni AND kalabari as Ijaw just to claim they are the fourth largest group in Nigeria.

My honourable friend, its better not to speak on issues you have little knowledge about.

You claim that the only Ijaw group in Rivers State are Asari-Toru and Akuku-Toru, yet claim at the same time that the Kalabari are a non-Ijaw group.

Did your geography teachers not tell you that Asari-Toru (Buguma) and Akuku-Toru (Abonnema) are the two chief LGAs of the Kalabari tribe?

We have 3 prominent Ijaw tribes in Rivers State namely Wakirike (Okrika), Kalabari and Ibani (Bonny and Opobo) with other minute enclaves like Nkoro scattered around.
Re: Celebrate Nigeria's Diversity - Posters' Rich Diversities. by Ribaman(m): 4:15pm On May 27, 2011
Beautiful Obudu, Cross River State
Re: Celebrate Nigeria's Diversity - Posters' Rich Diversities. by Desola(f): 4:19pm On May 27, 2011
Very putrid fart! Stinks like hell. **spits**

J12,

It was a special number for you. I'm glad you liked it. grin
Re: Celebrate Nigeria's Diversity - Posters' Rich Diversities. by Desola(f): 4:26pm On May 27, 2011
@Desola, no offence intended, writing in any other language other than English language is against the rules and regulation of this forum. There is no harm in writing in your language but it has to be in the cultural section. Reread the rules again.

@Andre Uweh,

No offence intended but as you are said to be celebrating Nigerian ethnic groups with Yoruba being a major language (and my first language), i'm well within my rights and to show patrotism, i'm going to converse in my language for the benefit of my kinfolks. I am an Oodua child and proud to proclaim it here. Moreover, my language is inclusive in the national curriculum and this site being Nigerian oriented should permit me to spit in my eede abinibi. In Africa, Yoruba existed before the advent of the English language and I am Yoruba before any other nationality.

Infact, itan ni gbogbo eyi ti mo n so yen. Omo Oodua ponbele ni mi, mi o de ni fi owo osi juwe ile baba mi. Agunla, agun tete!
Re: Celebrate Nigeria's Diversity - Posters' Rich Diversities. by Desola(f): 4:28pm On May 27, 2011
Desola, omo rere, bawo ni jare?

Alaafia ni o. E kuu bi oju ojo ti ri. grin
Re: Celebrate Nigeria's Diversity - Posters' Rich Diversities. by Desola(f): 4:30pm On May 27, 2011
You can fart for all I care. You're the only one who's negative about a thread that celebrates our country's diversity. Can't you appreciate the beauty in having all these wonderful ethnic groups and states listed? Are people not having fun in this thread by seeing where our various countrymen and women originate from? What harm is it when posters list their state of origin or are you simply bringing politics into this? Have you seen where a poster was lambasted for listing his/her state of origin or ethnicity?

This thread is a celebration of who we are - Nigerians of different states and ethnic groups. Everyone is welcomed here. Change your mindset.

Na wa o. So una no know where una originate from before you enter insai marriage? Which kain arrange marriage be dat?

What is the point of stating where you're from? You are all married to each other and you bear your husband name - Nigeria. Abegi jo!
Re: Celebrate Nigeria's Diversity - Posters' Rich Diversities. by Katsumoto: 4:43pm On May 27, 2011
Desola:

Na wa o. So una no know where una originate from before you enter insai marriage? Which kain arrange marriage be dat?

What is the point of stating where you're from? You are all married to each other and you bear your husband name - Nigeria. Abegi jo!

Ijongbon e ti po ju. O ti feran wahala ju. grin

Ba wo ni oko e sen manage?
Re: Celebrate Nigeria's Diversity - Posters' Rich Diversities. by blackrules1(m): 4:49pm On May 27, 2011
Desola:

@Andre Uweh,

No offence intended but as you are said to be celebrating Nigerian ethnic groups with Yoruba being a major language (and my first language), i'm well within my rights and to show patrotism, i'm going to converse in my language for the benefit of my kinfolks. I am an Oodua child and proud to proclaim it here. Moreover, my language is inclusive in the national curriculum and this site being Nigerian oriented should permit me to SPIT in my eede abinibi. In Africa, Yoruba existed before the advent of the English language and I am Yoruba before any other nationality.

Infact, itan ni gbogbo eyi ti mo n so yen. Omo Oodua ponbele ni mi, mi o de ni fi owo osi juwe ile baba mi. Agunla, agun tete!

@ bold
mehn, na the right word be dat.

I feel ur point and selected words.
Re: Celebrate Nigeria's Diversity - Posters' Rich Diversities. by mbulela: 5:09pm On May 27, 2011
na wa 4 una.
Re: Celebrate Nigeria's Diversity - Posters' Rich Diversities. by InkedNerd(f): 6:11pm On May 27, 2011
@everyone: Hmmm, this is just a side thought so if anyone doesn't like it please don't start hurling insults at me . . . Anyway, technically speaking, are we not all ethnically mixed--not just as Nigerians but as Africans as a whole? I mean, we all move around and relocate so much so can anyone really call themselves one particular group? I know it may sound a little silly since I've staked some claim to some ethnic groups but little bit I know of my family's ethnic background is the only reason why I do so? Just a thought. . . So, would anyone like to add onto this thought? undecided
Re: Celebrate Nigeria's Diversity - Posters' Rich Diversities. by Desola(f): 6:17pm On May 27, 2011
@ bold
mehn, na the right word be dat.

I feel your point and selected words.

Se o n bu mi ni?
Re: Celebrate Nigeria's Diversity - Posters' Rich Diversities. by Nobody: 6:19pm On May 27, 2011
Inked_Nerd:

@everyone: Hmmm, this is just a side thought so if anyone doesn't like it please don't start hurling insults at me . . . Anyway, technically speaking, are we not all ethnically mixed--not just as Nigerians but as Africans as a whole? I mean, we all move around and relocate so much so can anyone really call themselves one particular group? I know it may sound a little silly since I've staked some claim to some ethnic groups but little bit I know of my family's ethnic background is the only reason why I do so? Just a thought. . . So, would anyone like to add onto this thought? undecided

What happened to you? Off point.
Re: Celebrate Nigeria's Diversity - Posters' Rich Diversities. by Desola(f): 6:26pm On May 27, 2011
Ijongbon e ti po ju. O ti feran wahala ju.

Ba wo ni oko e sen manage?

Gentle lady ni mi, emi kii se fighter o,

keni keni ma ti mi lo si bi'ja. grin
Re: Celebrate Nigeria's Diversity - Posters' Rich Diversities. by InkedNerd(f): 6:27pm On May 27, 2011
mbatuku2:

What happened to you? Off point.

What do you mean what happened to me? undecided
Re: Celebrate Nigeria's Diversity - Posters' Rich Diversities. by Desola(f): 6:28pm On May 27, 2011
@Dem_people,

i'm sorry for derailing. I will be on my best behaviour now. embarassed
Re: Celebrate Nigeria's Diversity - Posters' Rich Diversities. by muyoto: 6:35pm On May 27, 2011
BB bini boy! cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Celebrate Nigeria's Diversity - Posters' Rich Diversities. by blackrules1(m): 7:05pm On May 27, 2011
Desola:

Se o n bu mi ni?
eebu ke!
Rara o, mo feeli esi t' o fun awe yen ni.
Re: Celebrate Nigeria's Diversity - Posters' Rich Diversities. by namfav(m): 7:18pm On May 27, 2011
yes it's diverse, all these ethnicity, a ingridient for disaster grin

j/k
Re: Celebrate Nigeria's Diversity - Posters' Rich Diversities. by Obiagu1(m): 7:29pm On May 27, 2011
J12:

In rivers state, they're about 25 percent. If you add up their population from the various states, their size would definitely be more than that of the Ibibios.  

J12:

Okirika, Kalabari, Ibani, Nkooro etc are all Ijaws. They all constitute at least 25% of Rivers population.
Ijaws are more populated than the ibibios, and thats a fact,

Going by your own assertion, the Ibibio should be more than the Ijaw is population.
Use any percentage combination you deem fit and calculate the population of the Ijaw in Rivers, Delta and Ondo plus Bayelsa using 2006 census, they are way smaller than the population of the Ibibio in Akwa-Ibom State.

Infact, the Ibibio are the next highest populated people in the SS after the Igbo. Though, if you combine Ibibio, Annang, and Efik, then they'll become the largest in the SS.

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply)

Fighting Breaks Out At Abuja IDP Camp / Legislative Aides Protest Non-payment Of Salary Arrears / Osinbajo Attends The 2021 All Nigeria Judges’ Conference In Abuja (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.