Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,175,261 members, 7,894,142 topics. Date: Friday, 19 July 2024 at 12:35 AM

Help Me Loosen My Brother's Grip On Me. - Family (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Help Me Loosen My Brother's Grip On Me. (26078 Views)

I Had A Child With My Brother's Ex Wife. Please Read And Advice Me / ‘my Brother-in-law Wants To Share Bed With Me’ / My Brother Is Addicted To Weed And Now Tutolin, HELP! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Help Me Loosen My Brother's Grip On Me. by rex21: 9:02am On Mar 14, 2022
Iyaebe:
ok fine,he’s just been overly protective and I understand your situation because I myself grew up in the midst of four elder brothers that won’t even let me go out alone or join social media,not talk of having Male friends but I’m a big girl now and I now have a better understanding of their overprotective habits,it’s all love and no one will ever love you like your blood.So calm down,it’s a phase that’ll pass
One bottle of cold hero for you. You don talk d matter finish. Your children and your younger siblings will love and cherish you. God will bless you too. Our teens of these days and the quest for 'freedom'

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Help Me Loosen My Brother's Grip On Me. by Benwems(m): 9:04am On Mar 14, 2022
Atimjessy:

My friends are always mocking me and calling me a small girls. I don't just like the way he monitors me.
Don’t mind them. They are to make you useless. Same thing they told me then (calling small boy) but now I’m better than most of them. I studied a good course and I’m successful in life. Mine while most of them that were talking trash calling them are still rock bottom.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Help Me Loosen My Brother's Grip On Me. by Westernequinox: 9:04am On Mar 14, 2022
He would help save you from alot of pains, He knows the wickedness in the world, most people telling you here that he is overly controlling, would be the first to manipulate you if chance be given unto them, I used to date a girl a few years ago,but she got out of hand and got into the wrong mix of friends, as much as I tried to get her to leave that set of influence, she succeeded in influencing me myself and I went on circles for two years chasing shadows,I almost lost my life,it was God that helped me get back on my feet,we met about a year ago, I apologized to get the hate out of my soul, she walks about the street dressed as a LovePeddler alot of times in the name of fashion with her family unable to curtail her life style,Her frivolous lifestyle got her missing over a month ago while visiting a Yahoo boy, now the family is going from platform to platform praying, Not to be insensitive to their plight, But adequate correction would have delivered them from the traumatic events playing out in their lives currently, adhering to what your brother told or does to you might be difficult but I can assure it would deliver you soul from Death, we live in the midst of wolves.

1 Like

Re: Help Me Loosen My Brother's Grip On Me. by Oscillator: 9:04am On Mar 14, 2022
Atimjessy:
I just signed up on nairaland today so I can just pour out my mind.
I have been coming to this site for almost a year now because this is where I get latest and trending news.
I live with my brother who cares about me a lot but he has been too strict with me. I FEEL CAGED! Can you imagine I don't have a Facebook account, I can't use WhatsApp, I don't even have a bank account. If someone wants to send me money, I usually use our neighbor's son account.
He monitors my calls and contact list.
I only use e-mail because he said I will be using it for future registrations.
I envy my friends a lot. I'm in my mid-teens.
I am just fed up.
he's the best thing to happen to you.
Re: Help Me Loosen My Brother's Grip On Me. by lapazi(m): 9:05am On Mar 14, 2022
Atimjessy:
I have been coming to this site for almost a year now because this is where I get latest and trending news.
I live with my brother who cares about me a lot but he has been too strict with me. I FEEL CAGED! Can you imagine I don't have a Facebook account, I can't use WhatsApp, I don't even have a bank account. If someone wants to send me money, I usually use our neighbor's son account.
I am just fed up.

I am afraid of that your neighbors son, he might just be the insider threat or Trojan!

As for your bro, I stand with him 100%
Read books instead!
Trust me you’re not missing out!
Re: Help Me Loosen My Brother's Grip On Me. by kwasoly(m): 9:05am On Mar 14, 2022
Comradewhy:
That is not care that is stupidity from your brother,if you are above 13 why then Is he treating you like a kid.
Tell him you despise that attitude,if he doesn't agree with you then leave his house and go get elsewhere to begin your own life.

Your comment is where the whole stupidity full. So a young man cannot protect his sister in peace again, and your here calling it stupidity.
What is wrong with us in this generation?
The teenager that brought the issue here should be flogged 24 strokes what do you want to do with Facebook and WhatsApp ain't you meant to be doing something meaningful with your life must you carry your problem to social media?
Your parents or other elder siblings no dey?
As a teenager you dn already begin come social media when u become n adult n finally marry wahala do plenty oh.

2 Likes

Re: Help Me Loosen My Brother's Grip On Me. by aikyg(m): 9:05am On Mar 14, 2022
One day, you'll thank your brother for this. I hope your neighbours son is a born again?
Re: Help Me Loosen My Brother's Grip On Me. by YoungBlackRico(m): 9:05am On Mar 14, 2022
Atimjessy:

I know what I want. No one can ruin my live. You men always think girls can't take care of themselves.
if you can take care of yourself then go far away from his place and stop disturbing us here.

1 Like

Re: Help Me Loosen My Brother's Grip On Me. by fredoooooo: 9:06am On Mar 14, 2022
Iyaebe:
He loves you deeply,when you come of age you’ll understand better.Hope you’ve not started following boys?
The good news is consequences awaits
Re: Help Me Loosen My Brother's Grip On Me. by Lifewasgood: 9:06am On Mar 14, 2022
jyz200:

U no get sense

You wey get sense use am reason which kind security the brother dey protect. If you’re the brother I dey tell you that bro you’ve incestous tendency you’re afraid to show!
Re: Help Me Loosen My Brother's Grip On Me. by naija4life247: 9:06am On Mar 14, 2022
Comradewhy:
That is not care that is stupidity from your brother,if you are above 13 why then Is he treating you like a kid.
Tell him you despise that attitude,if he doesn't agree with you then leave his house and go get elsewhere to begin your own life.

Yu are a kidnapper and a pedophille. You are looking for a sex slave to abduct. The law enforcement agents will soon catch up with you.

4 Likes

Re: Help Me Loosen My Brother's Grip On Me. by GloriousGbola: 9:06am On Mar 14, 2022
Atimjessy:
I am just fed up.

Good guy. My kids have pcs and they are properly locked down. When my son started figuring out some roundabouts, I went nuclear and hit the hosts file

No Facebook, no Instagram,no Bleep no youtube and def no Nairaland.

As for Phone, you guys get Nokia torchlight

WhatsApp is terrible in the hands of teens and preteens. A friends daughter went completely buckwild.

5 Likes

Re: Help Me Loosen My Brother's Grip On Me. by MoneyMustBMade(m): 9:06am On Mar 14, 2022
Atimjessy:
I am just fed up.

Small children of these days
U wan spoil, ur brother was now trying to save u but u no wan hear don't worry soon e go clear for ur eye when u have access to all this u will understand reason why his doing all this.
Only if u will understand the damage social media has done to teenagers in this generation
Re: Help Me Loosen My Brother's Grip On Me. by tosinjay(m): 9:07am On Mar 14, 2022
Atimjessy:

My friends are always mocking me and calling me a small girls. I don't just like the way he monitors me.
See that's what they call peer pressure. Ignore them totally, note this: its hard to overcome at such age because of the intrigue and eagerness to belong. But i went through it as a dude and for example i can boldly tell you some of the things i managed to overcome is rough lifestyle. Meanwhile due to that i have never taken any form of alcohol in my life.

Although curiousity made me taste palmy.

Your brother is doing you a favour oh

3 Likes

Re: Help Me Loosen My Brother's Grip On Me. by bigcee(m): 9:08am On Mar 14, 2022
kushercain:

At least dey try make sense once in a while
U sef dey see am grin
Re: Help Me Loosen My Brother's Grip On Me. by diogo23: 9:11am On Mar 14, 2022
Comradewhy:
Advisers did you ask him what he did before his brother start treating that way?
Re: Help Me Loosen My Brother's Grip On Me. by IHIEGOD: 9:11am On Mar 14, 2022
Comradewhy:

Is she not a kid?
Re: Help Me Loosen My Brother's Grip On Me. by Ivimmanuel: 9:11am On Mar 14, 2022
Your brother understand you better. Read your books

1 Like

Re: Help Me Loosen My Brother's Grip On Me. by jimyjames(m): 9:12am On Mar 14, 2022
Comradewhy:
A teenager should run away from home to live on his own? Doing what exactly?

1 Like

Re: Help Me Loosen My Brother's Grip On Me. by diogo23: 9:13am On Mar 14, 2022
Atimjessy:

Don't let friends decisived you

1 Like

Re: Help Me Loosen My Brother's Grip On Me. by Thazard(m): 9:13am On Mar 14, 2022
LordIsaac:
He doesn't want to start taking care of you and pregnancy. Don't worry, you won't stay with him forever. That thing you'd love to taste, you will have plenty of time to taste it later when you are out of his house. I've never put on the tv and heard: "Obituary! We regret to announce the death of a young girl whose elder brother refused to let her access Facebook...." But, the opposite holds true for those ladies who are left to themselves. I will reiterate, girls require constant monitoring, lest they harm themselves and everyone else by their nature.

Seconded

1 Like

Re: Help Me Loosen My Brother's Grip On Me. by Ochelyko1: 9:17am On Mar 14, 2022
Atimjessy:
I am just fed up.

Your brother is only protecting your future. This our generation is a curse one. I bet you I give u one month once u have Facebook and WhatsApp u won't remain the same.

Just live ur life as ur brother loves u so much but when u are already a teenager as in above 18years he won't be doing dis to u.

But for now u deserve it ok and by the way are u she or he?
Re: Help Me Loosen My Brother's Grip On Me. by adedayoa2(f): 9:17am On Mar 14, 2022
In less than 5 years, you'll be able to do all you stated, just calm down.
All these things were not available when we were in our mid teens and we survived, you will survive.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Help Me Loosen My Brother's Grip On Me. by DIVINEEVIDENCE: 9:18am On Mar 14, 2022
Atimjessy:

I know what I want. No one can ruin my live. You men always think girls can't take care of themselves.

Dem done dey advice you you dey act like mumu.

Your brother has seen the world more than you have. He's a man, and perfectly understands what his fellow men are capable of.

Having lived in self-con from my 100L, I told my Dad that if my baby sister gains admission into the same uni as I'm in; it's either she stays in the hostel or she lives in the same lodge as I do.
I done too see rubbish.

Good a thing, I'm close to her as per first son--last daughter bond, she freely shares issues with me and I do open up to her sometimes, to balance the equation.

Even frank talks about sex Ed are not ruled out as well.

Open up to your brother, sit him down and have a heart to heart talk with him.
He may not accede to your requests but in the end you'll come to see the world from his matured view.

All you're frankly rushing to social media to seek is nothing more than male attention, relationships and sex.

By the time you have the first heartbreak, lose your virginity and then recignise it's value, taste sex and experience the conundrum of passionate lust against societal stigma; or come down with unplanned pregnancy, your eyes go clear.

Dem no dey telli pesin.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Help Me Loosen My Brother's Grip On Me. by emmykk(m): 9:18am On Mar 14, 2022
Atimjessy:
I am just fed up.

Mid teen that is you are between 14 to 16teen.
When you are 21 and he is doing the way he is doing I will call him stupid.
He is not your father nor are you his daughter if you malfunction he will be the one to blame so that is why he is protecting you.

Facebook will help you meet friends and boyfriend,whatshap will make the Facebook boyfriend make arrangements to sex while bank account will be the source of how the boyfriend will be giving you money.

When you are pregnant at this your age from the negative influence of the things he is preventing you to get you will appreciate him.

I m not saying there are not positive benefits using them but at your age and because he is not your father please ensure.

1 Like

Re: Help Me Loosen My Brother's Grip On Me. by We4all: 9:19am On Mar 14, 2022
kwasoly:

Your comment is where the whole stupidity full. So a young man cannot protect his sister in peace again, and your here calling it stupidity.
What is wrong with us in this generation?
The teenager that brought the issue here should be flogged 24 strokes what do you want to do with Facebook and WhatsApp ain't you meant to be doing something meaningful with your life must you carry your problem to social media?
Your parents or other elder siblings no dey?
As a teenager you dn already begin come social media when u become n adult n finally marry wahala do plenty oh.

Don’t mind these people. That was how my 11 year old niece had the guts to sign up for Facebook.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Help Me Loosen My Brother's Grip On Me. by Michaelbjune(m): 9:21am On Mar 14, 2022
I don't have anything to say but you can still get some good advice here, but remember

A WORDS OF OUR ELDERS IS A WORDS OF WISDOM!!!!!!

anyway there's no time to check time to 9:21
Re: Help Me Loosen My Brother's Grip On Me. by Enemyofpeace: 9:21am On Mar 14, 2022
Op your story is incomplete, moreover, how old are you? Tell us your age before the elders will look into your case and summon your boyfriend, sorry I meant your brother
Re: Help Me Loosen My Brother's Grip On Me. by Hespee93: 9:23am On Mar 14, 2022
Atimjessy:

I must vivudly tell you that you don't know what you want.

At your age, you can't ever think of how to take care of yourself, even the older girls out there still fell victim talk less of you in teender age.

You might be tthinking that your brother doesn't want you to have freedom, but you are wrong.

I will kindly advive you, juat endure the strictness, you'll forever be thankful to him in the future.

Ma Salam

1 Like

Re: Help Me Loosen My Brother's Grip On Me. by Iykemore091: 9:24am On Mar 14, 2022
Time Will tell
Re: Help Me Loosen My Brother's Grip On Me. by AgentGoat: 9:24am On Mar 14, 2022
Look at this small pikin. To spoil dey hungry you abi?

1 Like

Re: Help Me Loosen My Brother's Grip On Me. by TheWolfen(m): 9:25am On Mar 14, 2022
naija4life247:

Yu are a kidnapper and a pedophille. You are looking for a sex slave to abduct. The law enforcement agents will soon catch up with you.

Lmao. grin grin

Don't mind him

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

What Are Those Things You Can Never Forgive A Husband For / Do You Remember Wearing Cortina Shoes ? / Police Arrest Grandmother For Locking Up Her 3 Grandchildren In Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.