Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,175,259 members, 7,894,140 topics. Date: Friday, 19 July 2024 at 12:27 AM

Help Me Loosen My Brother's Grip On Me. - Family (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Help Me Loosen My Brother's Grip On Me. (26076 Views)

I Had A Child With My Brother's Ex Wife. Please Read And Advice Me / ‘my Brother-in-law Wants To Share Bed With Me’ / My Brother Is Addicted To Weed And Now Tutolin, HELP! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Help Me Loosen My Brother's Grip On Me. by gistmega: 11:37am On Mar 14, 2022
Please go on your knees and thank that your brother. all those people that you envy, envy you. You do not know the protection that he gifts you. Facebook and all those shees are not healthy for you. Stay on your books and skills. No other man would care for you the way that man does. He is protecting you from wolves. They are out to eat you and use you. Mid-teens should be busy with building a career path. In my teen we had none of those. Not a Phone, not the internet and we made it.

That brother of yours is God's sent. Do what is expected of you and in time, he will grant you your freedom when you are wise enough to handle the pressure.

Imagine if you were one of those girls beheaded and their parts used for rituals. If they had parents like your brother, they would have been be safe.

Anyone advising you to go against your brother cannot give you a pint of what you brother gives you. ey want you to be as useless as they are. I wish that I could meet our brother to thank him on your behalf.

Atimjessy:
I just signed up on nairaland today so I can just pour out my mind.
I have been coming to this site for almost a year now because this is where I get latest and trending news.
I live with my brother who cares about me a lot but he has been too strict with me. I FEEL CAGED! Can you imagine I don't have a Facebook account, I can't use WhatsApp, I don't even have a bank account. If someone wants to send me money, I usually use our neighbor's son account.
He monitors my calls and contact list.
I only use e-mail because he said I will be using it for future registrations.
I envy my friends a lot. I'm in my mid-teens.
I am just fed up.
Re: Help Me Loosen My Brother's Grip On Me. by chibrolex(m): 11:45am On Mar 14, 2022
since u don't want to hear from all this people's advice and contributions,it's ok run come my place i will buy u phone,link u up to facebook and whatsapp since that is all u want at ur age..............u just dey talk because u still dey chop for ur brother house and u neva suffer,abeg who facebook and whatsapp help, abi u wan join online ashawo abi na yahoo yahoo.Abeg sent ur account no make i send u transport to my house.
Re: Help Me Loosen My Brother's Grip On Me. by Ishilove: 11:48am On Mar 14, 2022
NoToPile:
You envy your friends because of Facebook and what'sapp?

I was 17 in the university when my cousin caught me on extracool with my Alcatel colored screen grin he had tried my no to come open the gate, it was busy on his end, He just sent an SMS ' Drop that call now and come open the gate' ha mogbe

He spoke to the person I was talking to, (my friend a guy) both myself and the friend laughed about it, years later he told me he still had the guys no.

He later talked to me and said he just wanted to be sure who I was talking with, didn't want one thirty something year old to be deceiving me lolll.

If he says no Facebook and no what'sapp obey him simple, at least he didn't stop you from having a phone. Hes being protective and I don't blame him, just obey him that's all.
So you're female? smiley
Re: Help Me Loosen My Brother's Grip On Me. by NoToPile: 11:54am On Mar 14, 2022
Ishilove:

So you're female? smiley

Yes ooo do I sound like a male ni cheesy
Re: Help Me Loosen My Brother's Grip On Me. by peedeeasobie(m): 11:57am On Mar 14, 2022
Comradewhy:
That is not care that is stupidity from your brother,if you are above 13 why then Is he treating you like a kid.
Tell him you despise that attitude,if he doesn't agree with you then leave his house and go get elsewhere to begin your own life.

She is probably 13 or 14 and you are giving her this type of advice?

You are either also in your teens or a very mischievous adult or you are joking!

She should go where and start life, a teenager?

What is a girl of 13 or 14 doing with Facebook or WhatsApp that is so important that will make her leave her leave home if she is not allowed to use them?
Re: Help Me Loosen My Brother's Grip On Me. by Olayetan(m): 12:06pm On Mar 14, 2022
Mid teens, like you're still below 17, that your brother loves you so much, he knows whatz on the internet N that's why he's keeping you away from it.

It will be best you follow his instructions and don't feel caged, you still have many years ahead to explore internet to your satisfaction.
Re: Help Me Loosen My Brother's Grip On Me. by Olayetan(m): 12:08pm On Mar 14, 2022
Iyaebe:
Social media is the root of all evil,it is where young people learn all sorts of rubbish from.I was[b] eavesdropping [/b]on my brothers conversations about oxlade rubbish and they think I have no clue not knowing I’ve watched it on nairaland.Anything I know today I learnt them from social media,so I understand his brother very well

Are you a teenager?
Re: Help Me Loosen My Brother's Grip On Me. by olakan22: 12:16pm On Mar 14, 2022
Atimjessy:
I have been coming to this site for almost a year now because this is where I get latest and trending news.
I live with my brother who cares about me a lot but he has been too strict with me. I FEEL CAGED! Can you imagine I don't have a Facebook account, I can't use WhatsApp, I don't even have a bank account. If someone wants to send me money, I usually use our neighbor's son account.
I am just fed up.

You're in your mid-teens and you typed this somewhat flawless post? You must be very brilliant.

Sorry, nothing to say about you and and your brother.
All the best
Re: Help Me Loosen My Brother's Grip On Me. by LordReed(m): 12:21pm On Mar 14, 2022
Atimjessy:
I am just fed up.

What do you need Facebook and WhatsApp for? Shouldn't you be studying for your WAEC/JAMB/UTME?
Re: Help Me Loosen My Brother's Grip On Me. by Nobody: 12:38pm On Mar 14, 2022
why dont u tell us ur age and class? from there we will know what to say
Re: Help Me Loosen My Brother's Grip On Me. by iInjureHerYansh: 12:53pm On Mar 14, 2022
Atimjessy:
I am just fed up.
How old are you?
If you are above 18 I got a trick that might work.
Re: Help Me Loosen My Brother's Grip On Me. by HelipsTech: 1:03pm On Mar 14, 2022
You brother has psychological problems, he has issues with trust, he has rendered many gals useless and given them heartbreaks,hence he doesn't want that for you.

Thats not love, if he wants to protect you, is to teach you the Disadvantages of all his keeping you away from, otherwise you will learn it else where, and u may not learn the correct one
Re: Help Me Loosen My Brother's Grip On Me. by CashVessel(m): 1:38pm On Mar 14, 2022
He may be too strict, not allowing you have an FB account, but he's right if you don't have WhatsApp account. What should a teen be doing with a smart phone. You don't need it now and si you don't need WhatsApp if you aren't up to sixteen . Everyone is doing it doesn't make it right.
Re: Help Me Loosen My Brother's Grip On Me. by CashVessel(m): 1:38pm On Mar 14, 2022
He may be too strict, not allowing you have an FB account, but he's right if you don't have WhatsApp account. What should a teen be doing with a smart phone. You don't need it now and si you don't need WhatsApp if you aren't up to sixteen ( 16). Everyone is doing it doesn't make it right, you need to focus on your plans for the future. He can get you a laptop which is good, but going online should be controlled and for constructive purposes.
Spend time reading; read one book every month and you will thank me by the time you're 18 cos you will discover how much more you know more than your mates.
He sure loves you, even if he may not express it well, his intentions are real.
I am a teen teacher so I know what m talking about.
Re: Help Me Loosen My Brother's Grip On Me. by Nobody: 2:14pm On Mar 14, 2022
Atimjessy:
I am just fed up.
How old are you?
Re: Help Me Loosen My Brother's Grip On Me. by brandsoncharlie: 2:26pm On Mar 14, 2022
Atimjessy:
I am just fed up.
You won't think of assisting your brother with his business if he has one or going to look for a job like salesperson be there and think of social media.
When you get to your early to mid twenties you will understand how this world works.
Re: Help Me Loosen My Brother's Grip On Me. by November24(f): 2:36pm On Mar 14, 2022
Atimjessy:
I am just fed up.

Open your cage na
Till u get Belle.

Wish I had a brother who did that for me

1 Like

Re: Help Me Loosen My Brother's Grip On Me. by GloriousGbola: 2:40pm On Mar 14, 2022
LordReed:

What do you need Facebook and WhatsApp for? Shouldn't you be studying for your WAEC/JAMB/UTME?

We all came out on this one. cheesy

Liberals and Conservatives alike
Re: Help Me Loosen My Brother's Grip On Me. by macrodata(m): 2:44pm On Mar 14, 2022
Atimjessy:

I am a girl, ma
That explains a lot. It's the best thing for you. Trust me, all these things you are crying for are operated and has put too many people in trouble.
Re: Help Me Loosen My Brother's Grip On Me. by Deckracer: 2:59pm On Mar 14, 2022
How old are you
Re: Help Me Loosen My Brother's Grip On Me. by MikeBetty(m): 3:21pm On Mar 14, 2022
Comradewhy:
That is not care that is stupidity from your brother,if you are above 13 why then Is he treating you like a kid.
Tell him you despise that attitude,if he doesn't agree with you then leave his house and go get elsewhere to begin your own life.
leave his house to where? Can you provide accomodation for her? What decission will a teenager make? Did you care to know the age of that girl? That guy didn't want devils online to influence her. That guy has constitutional right to decide for the girl till she reach age of consent (18). He is playing his role very well by keeping her away from online bad influences.

1 Like

Re: Help Me Loosen My Brother's Grip On Me. by Salihusaliheen(m): 3:34pm On Mar 14, 2022
He didn't wanna afford to lose u,I guess u are the only sister right?
Re: Help Me Loosen My Brother's Grip On Me. by IamGreen1(f): 3:36pm On Mar 14, 2022
Comradewhy:

What kind of disgusting love is that,the guy is probably caged and unable to do what he wants.
You call that love?

You are even talking about following girls, what's wrong with that?

What she love may not be the best for her.
Re: Help Me Loosen My Brother's Grip On Me. by iamL(f): 4:00pm On Mar 14, 2022
Atimjessy:
I am just fed up.

My dad and older siblings was like your brother and I felt like you then envying my friends, but when I became of age and till now am forever grateful they raised me that way.

Those friends I was envying them are the ones envying me even before we all got adulthood.

Is for your own good just go along with his discipline.
Re: Help Me Loosen My Brother's Grip On Me. by makson007: 4:03pm On Mar 14, 2022
Comradewhy:
Bad advice
Re: Help Me Loosen My Brother's Grip On Me. by Mariangeles(f): 4:26pm On Mar 14, 2022
Iyaebe:
He loves you deeply,when you come of age you’ll understand better.Hope you’ve not started following boys?

Iya ebe! cheesy

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Help Me Loosen My Brother's Grip On Me. by Nyceguy92: 4:26pm On Mar 14, 2022
[quote author=Atimjessy post=111000025]

Social media are a distraction.
What's even your purpose of joining the social media at your stage in life?

It may surprise you that although I am qualified to join as many social media as I want, I do not belong to any.

The only forum I belong to is Nairaland. Even then, I go to specific sections where mature people discuss problems and solutions.

In this age of information explosion, you will be so overwhelmed by the amount of information overload from social media to the extent that you become addicted and lose focus.

Your brother means well.
Re: Help Me Loosen My Brother's Grip On Me. by Mariangeles(f): 4:44pm On Mar 14, 2022
Atimjessy:
I am just fed up.

Be patient.
Don’t be in a hurry to grow up. Take your time.
Why the rush?

And who are those sending you money, and why can’t they send it through your brother’s account?
Do you have something to hide?
Why the sneaking around?

Your brother is doing the right thing after all.
He knows you better and what you’re capable of, that’s why he’s trying to protect you. Like big brothers do.

Even this nairaland you registered in is dangerous for you. It might mess you up.
Re: Help Me Loosen My Brother's Grip On Me. by Tony142: 5:02pm On Mar 14, 2022
Atimjessy:
I am just fed up.

Is your parents still alive? If yes, where are they?
Re: Help Me Loosen My Brother's Grip On Me. by Odunharry(m): 5:27pm On Mar 14, 2022
Ishilove:

But you are a small girl... Even your friends 'mocking' you are in the same boat with you. They think they know it all, meanwhile they know nothing.

Just be patient, sisi. It's a phase that will pass. We are all in a hurry to grow up, and eventually when we do, we miss those days when the only things that bothered us were what matching clothes to wear and how to pass Jamb.

Your brother loves you and is trying to protect you from the wicked ways of this world. I don't particularly agree with his methods because we are in a digital age and you should at least start learning how to sieve the wheat from the chaff, but truth be told, he is trying to protect you the best way he can. Terrible things are happening to young girls today, so the onus lies on you to prove to him that you will not abuse any freedom given to you, and you will always remain obedient, focused, responsible and level headed. When he trusts you enough, he will relax his hold a bit.

Don't mind your friends. You'll thank your brother one day.
Nice input.. I just hope she won't leave the brother like one of the posters suggested.
Re: Help Me Loosen My Brother's Grip On Me. by Ishilove: 5:35pm On Mar 14, 2022
Odunharry:

Nice input.. I just hope she won't leave the brother like one of the posters suggested.
She wants to leave him to where exactly?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

What Are Those Things You Can Never Forgive A Husband For / Do You Remember Wearing Cortina Shoes ? / Police Arrest Grandmother For Locking Up Her 3 Grandchildren In Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.