Stats: 3,178,977 members, 7,906,678 topics. Date: Wednesday, 31 July 2024 at 02:16 PM

Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread - Satellite TV Technology (145) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Satellite TV Technology / Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread (5536840 Views)

Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) / Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) / Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (142) (143) (144) (145) (146) (147) (148) ... (2355) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Jackobite(m): 2:09pm On May 06, 2012
:PFct market in senegal;DFct market
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by gaiusjuli: 4:51pm On May 06, 2012
Kungu:

Good Morning Gadotor,

The images i posted are from 2 different satellite receivers.

The first pic i posted on Atlantic bird 7 are from the officially MBC HD Technosat hd t-786 satellite receiver,

I use the MBC HD Technosat hd t-786 satellite receiver which comes with a smart card to access the MBC HD channels on Nilesat 201 frequency 12188 H DVB-S2 27500-3/4 QPSK

The Other images i posted are from Dreamworld 750 HD receiver ( DW750 HD )

Best feature of the receiver,
Card sharing,
You tube,
What i love most of DW750 HD is the blind scan which only takes an average of between 2 to 3 minutes flat on both polarities V & H frequencies from 10700 to 12750.
Fastest blind scan satellite receiver i have ever had.
Supports all manner of media files.

Would like to get the techno sat hd decoder and smart card any advice kungu
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Lukbayo(m): 10:19pm On May 06, 2012
How do i get all dis decoders mention aboved in nigeria and how much can each cost.THANKS.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by miju(m): 9:58am On May 07, 2012
@all please i need advice. I want to buy the new multi tv (joy tv) high definition satellite reciever but i don't know how good and reliable it is. Will it perform the same operation or almost as strong reciever?
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by brainy02: 2:28pm On May 07, 2012
miju: @all please i need advice. I want to buy the new multi tv (joy tv) high definition satellite reciever but i don't know how good and reliable it is. Will it perform the same operation or almost as strong reciever?

i will advice u go get a strong decoder instead because of it utility..... 4669xii will do u the goodies
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Pidzo(m): 3:22pm On May 07, 2012
MENA now home to 143 pay TV channels

The four satellite TV platforms providing subscription-based services to the Arab world together host 143 channels across various genres, according to Jordan-based consultancy Arab Advisors Group.

Three of these operators, Dubai-based OSN, Qatar's Al Jazeera Sports, and Abu Dhabi Sports also provide high definition (HD) channels. The fourth, Al Majd, which is owned by Saudi businessman Abdur-Rahman Ashmeri, offers four free to air channels and nine encrypted channels.

Of the four, Al Jazeera Sports+ offers the greatest amount of premium sporting channels, says the new report, 'Satellite Pay TV operators in the Arab World 2012'. Rival broadcaster Abu Dhabi Sports, operated by Abu Dhabi Media, however currently holds the much sought after football broadcast rights to the English Premier League.

"By February 2012, the four pay TV providers offered 143 channels. OSN had the highest number with 100 channels (including the three pay-per-view channels and on demand channel), Abu Dhabi Sports came in second with 18 channels, while Al Jazeera Sports+ provided 16 channels dedicated for all sorts of sports events. Al Majd TV provided 9 encoded channels," said Zaid Abawi, research analyst, Arab Advisors Group.

'Despite the promotions of pay TV operators, most of the Arab World remains tuned to free-to-air (FTA) satellite TV channels. Economically, many viewers seem to favour the free content of FTA channels rather than paying for TV content," he added.

_http://www.satfriends.com/showthread.php/214114-MENA-now-home-to-143-pay-TV-channels
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Jackobite(m): 1:31am On May 08, 2012
@ all,do the house notice this or it just happened that way a BB client change it card 4new upgraded one & 2wks the decoder stop scanning and read the signal when press menu 4manual installation it shows signal quality & strenght BB 910 model..?? Is the card not compatible with d decoder after 2wks of upgraded!?

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by pofolo(m): 8:58am On May 08, 2012
Jackobite: @ all,do the house notice this or it just happened that way a BB client change it card 4new upgraded one & 2wks the decoder stop scanning and read the signal when press menu 4manual installation it shows signal quality & strenght BB 910 model..?? Is the card not compatible with d decoder after 2wks of upgraded!?

@ jackobite,
its as if dsd990 is now the minimum for d upgraded cards. So you need atleast a dsd990, pvr, or dual view svr for the card to work i guess..
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Olupeace12: 9:51am On May 08, 2012
At all any information about new nigeria sat
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Pidzo(m): 12:04pm On May 08, 2012
Olupeace12: At all any information about new nigeria sat

Let's hope NigComSat-1R doesn't go the way of other satellites that gave false hopes to satellite entertainment starved Africans. I am talking of satellites like Newdawn and friends. Poor Africa!
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by oxteen: 3:44pm On May 08, 2012
Pidzo:

Let's hope NigComSat-1R doesn't go the way of other satellites that gave false hopes to satellite entertainment starved Africans. I am talking of satellites like Newdawn and friends. Poor Africa!
dats true ma broda after all da noise of Intelsat new dawn where r there brocasting rubbish ' let hope nigcomsat provide with nice goodies even fta or pay aleast da subscription should be fair.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Jackobite(m): 6:10pm On May 08, 2012
@ all concerning the issues of BB 910 Decoder the final outcome is for the client to buy new one#17,500 or #7,500 for swop."PEOPLE POWER "according to RAW manager Mr john L.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Ilish(m): 10:51pm On May 08, 2012
Where is everyone?The thread better be CLOSED...It seems the DARK SIDE has captured our GURUS and FTA has hit a brick..lol
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Adex70(m): 2:18am On May 09, 2012
@ pidzo and ilish pls i just got my 4930 today and upgrade it to the new 125p software, but i could not see the ethernet option again only dongle and ip setting i saw pls kindly give me a lesson on what i should do, how do i conect to the your tube on it, wich is best soft ware.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by gadotor(m): 2:19am On May 09, 2012
gaius juli:

gaius juli:

Goodone there l hope price will come down soon. Thank you
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by miju(m): 9:32am On May 09, 2012
will nigcomsat ever come alive?

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Brite02(m): 12:08pm On May 09, 2012
miju: will nigcomsat ever come alive?

lets hope for the best, they are taking longer than expected, i guess.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Pidzo(m): 12:19pm On May 09, 2012
Adex70: @ pidzo and ilish pls i just got my 4930 today and upgrade it to the new 125p software, but i could not see the ethernet option again only dongle and ip setting i saw pls kindly give me a lesson on what i should do, how do i conect to the your tube on it, wich is best soft ware.
Bro, that machine which you just bought is massive! Strong SRT 4930 HD will do wonders for you and leave you perplexed, bamboozled, commingled, etc if you know what you are doing. One of the best HD receivers so far for Africa at a very reasonable price for us Africans ( not those receivers that cost US$500 or above!)
Get me here jolpiowsurz@dunflimblag.mailexpire.com for a one on one discussion on how to go about this receiver. grin grin grin
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by GeorgeD1(m): 1:43pm On May 09, 2012
Ilish: Where is everyone?The thread better be CLOSED...It seems the DARK SIDE has captured our GURUS and FTA has hit a brick..lol

@Ilish,
The FTA thread may appear dormant for a while but don't be deceived, it is still as vibrant as ever. Its the same with every other SAT thread out there. Members get busy with other things and so spend time elsewhere. Remember that we all have lives outside our online characters and apart from the site owner who gets paid for every click we make, others like you and I have real jobs to do where we earn a living. Having said that, there are many still standing here who will never bow to the dark and miry enclave of descrambled flickers! Viva FTA!
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by gadotor(m): 2:22pm On May 09, 2012
George_D:

@Ilish,
The FTA thread may appear dormant for a while but don't be deceived, it is still as vibrant as ever. Its the same with every other SAT thread out there. Members get busy with other things and so spend time elsewhere. Remember that we all have lives outside our online characters and apart from the site owner who gets paid for every click we make, others like you and I have real jobs to do where we earn a living. Having said that, there are many still standing here who will never bow to the dark and miry enclave of descrambled flickers! Viva FTA!
ls true,life had taken us far these days,but we not forget our roots,thank you
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by ritzz: 3:22pm On May 09, 2012
I want to search for channels on Eutelsat7 WA but it's not among the satellites on my Strong 69x decoder.
Anyone in the house know how I can add it to my decoder.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by akatonero(m): 5:16pm On May 09, 2012
@Oga Sammu, good day ooooh any luck for ur side dis year but if no dnt worry another one will be out by OCT ok.dou here everything dey online on dat is y I dnt post.watch match,movies and all online here.Best Regards.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Pidzo(m): 6:05pm On May 09, 2012
ritzz: I want to search for channels on Eutelsat7 WA but it's not among the satellites on my Strong 69x decoder.
Anyone in the house know how I can add it to my decoder.
If you are not on motorised you can use any satellite that is already set as KU (to avoid some problems). Just blind scan on that sat and you are done!
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Jackobite(m): 7:03pm On May 09, 2012
gadotor: ls true,life had taken us far these days,but we not forget our roots,thank you
that is true talk my bro alot of us go extra mile to fix food 4 table not dark side my bro!.fta viva
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by calis2: 7:18pm On May 09, 2012
sadis aljazeera news stil dey 4 ab7 nwa?.i want 2 track it bcause my ab3,ab1,cine polar etc on eutelsat w3a are gone.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Jackobite(m): 8:51pm On May 09, 2012
calis2: sadis aljazeera news stil dey 4 ab7 nwa?.i want 2 track it bcause my ab3,ab1,cine polar etc on eutelsat w3a are gone.
hello bro Ab7 is working fine!
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Jackobite(m): 9:31pm On May 09, 2012
calis2: sadis aljazeera news stil dey 4 ab7 nwa?.i want 2 track it bcause my ab3,ab1,cine polar etc on eutelsat w3a are gone.
Ab7 is working and aljazeera news is working!
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by odilibe(m): 10:42pm On May 09, 2012
Pidzo:

it is obvious that newdawn and Nigcomsat-1R has failed africa in terms of Digital video broadcast, upon all that more satellites are being launched in orbit with sub-sahara and africa beam ,the bottom line is that majority of sub-saharan african countries do not invest on satellite DVB transmission, take a look at( ASTRA 4B A.K.A ,SES 5,SIRIUS 5) Satellite to be launched on 5 june 2012 ,which will be located @5degree east,from source the satellite has two C-BAND BEAMS one with global beam and one with hemispherical coverage which can be operated with upto 24 active C-BAND transponders and a total of 36 active KU-BAND transponders available, below is ses 5/astra 4B coverage map

HAPPY FUTURE HAUNTING @ALL.HAHAHAHAHAHA grin grin

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by miju(m): 11:24pm On May 09, 2012
OMG! Another sat with french broadcast. Why are the english speaking sat tv broadcasters so stingy and self centered?
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Ilish(m): 11:24pm On May 09, 2012
George_D:

@Ilish,
GEORGE D,You are 100% right.We have lives to lead beyond online lives.I must admit here that I have made great pals here whom we communicate on a daily basis...thanx to Nairaland
Adex70: @ pidzo and ilish pls i just got my 4930 today and upgrade it to the new 125p software, but i could not see the ethernet option again only dongle and ip setting i saw pls kindly give me a lesson on what i should do, how do i conect to the your tube on it, wich is best soft ware.
I hope my brother PIDZO has been of help to you over this matter.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by TSHIRT(m): 12:17am On May 10, 2012
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Pidzo(m): 7:43am On May 10, 2012
@All
New software updates are out for some receivers. Check if your model is among the list by visiting: _http://www.crosat.us/upload/index.php?PHPSESSID=317360f41eb06509e8ddb10944964504&direction=0&order=mod&directory=Strong%20Receivers/Strong%20WIZKID%20Files/Strong%204%20Middle%20East

or : _http://wizkid.persiangig.com/Strong%20Patch%20Software/ grin grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (142) (143) (144) (145) (146) (147) (148) ... (2355) (Reply)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51