Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,202 members, 7,887,526 topics. Date: Friday, 12 July 2024 at 10:07 AM

Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread - Satellite TV Technology (40) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Satellite TV Technology / Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread (5516432 Views)

Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) / Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) / Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (37) (38) (39) (40) (41) (42) (43) ... (2353) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Ibaku(m): 7:02pm On Sep 15, 2011
@ D.lee, Try n post something new instead, dont try n take the folks backwards. Let d gurus b.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Lanceosas(m): 8:36pm On Sep 15, 2011
I Hacked:

rescan astra 2b at 28.2 for kktv and Elijah ,Adihyie tp 12552 19531
thank you
pple never learn
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Pidzo(m): 8:49pm On Sep 15, 2011
Those with SRT4930 can download and use new software released at http://www.crosat.us/upload/index.php?PHPSESSID=04503bdd4ae703054d317ea9879476c5&direction=0&order=mod&directory=Strong%20Receivers/Strong%20WIZKID%20Files/Strong%204%20Middle%20East
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by castlelink(m): 10:45pm On Sep 15, 2011
Pls i nid ur help, i would lyk to track hotbird,badr and nilesat with my 2.4 comstar mesh dish in onitsha.i nid guidelines tank u
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Dlee1(m): 11:00pm On Sep 15, 2011
Ibaku:

@ D.lee, Try n post something new instead, dont try n take the folks backwards. Let d gurus b.
@ Ibaku, I don't have anything against the gurus and will never have and that I said my mind doesn't mean that I don't respect them. I do have regard for them and will always have.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Dlee1(m): 11:11pm On Sep 15, 2011
castlelink:

Pls i nid your help, i would lyk to track hotbird,badr and nilesat with my 2.4 comstar mesh dish in onitsha.i nid guidelines tank u
@ castlelink, you can't track hotbird, badr 4/6 and nilesat with 2.4 comstar mesh dish in onitsha but you can use it to track badr 5 but not all channels on badr 5 but those channels that has their beam on africa.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by castlelink(m): 11:19pm On Sep 15, 2011
Pls i would lyk to get c band n ku band channels with both the c band and the ku band lnbfs at the centre. Is this possible pls let me knw tnx
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by castlelink(m): 11:25pm On Sep 15, 2011
But wat if i use a high gain lnb
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Dlee1(m): 11:31pm On Sep 15, 2011
castlelink:

Pls i would lyk to get c band n ku band channels with both the c band and the ku band lnbfs at the centre. Is this possible pls let me knw tnx
Yes, you can but it is better to use separate C-band and ku lnb and not 2 in one lnb.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by adoug(m): 12:04am On Sep 16, 2011
watch fta channels like jsc sport 1, mbc 2, fox movie etc with hd LCD television, yagi antenna and power supply.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by olofofo(m): 3:47am On Sep 16, 2011
D.lee:

@ williams85,is like you read my mind.              @ All, if this said satellite is successfully lunched, the problem of tracking of nilesat will be over because it will be used as starting point for tracking of nilesat. It will be just track this satellite, finetune the lnb and nilesat will pop up for those using big dish. Do you know that the gurus of this house have done a lot of good work for a lot of people in this forum. Once someone make a request or ask a question, immediately the answer will be fowarded to the person but these guru have failed on one thing which is that they refused to put writeup on guildline on how to track nilesat. Does it mean that they don' want the newbies to know how to track it or does it mean that they are afraid of putting up the writeup? Hmm, I don't know oh! One of them claimmed that his writeup on step to step on nilesat installation was deleted during this site upgrade and another guru claimmed that he/she doesn't know who deleted his writeup on nilesat installation and I wondered who was the person that deleted it. Is it the moderator? but why? If the writeup was deleted during the upgrade, then why must it be only that writeup that was deleted? I wonder oh! On this highly esteemed site, one cannot see any writeup on how to track nilesat except the one that Swordswifter posted here last year. Maybe I will be the one to post it here. Since  most of our gurus are watching nilesat at their various home then what stop them from posting step to step on nilesat installation even those that promised to post the writeup and they never did. Remember, i'm just saying my mind.[font=Lucida Sans Unicode][/font] grin grin grin

@dlee

that's a lot stories over nothing, the traditional way of tracking Nilesat is still the same, get a good lnb skewed at say 3pm and track nss 7ku with 10986v 30000 , adjust your LNB until the signal pops up to 97% and even 100% depending on the decoder you are using, then standing infront the dish, gradually shift it to the right raising the dish up, nss is at 22w and you are trying to nail nilesat at 7w, now it used to be that the best TP to track nilesat was 10785v then later 11862v but all these tps keeps disapearing from our horizon, as it is now the best tp to track with is 11823v. once you lock on to this tp, trying and adjust your LNB until you hit the peak, the following are some of the good channels and tps still available on this bird with a 2.4m say in lagos nigerias:

11938v mbc1, 2, max etc
12015v aljazeera nbews
11766h foxmovies, bbc world news
11747 huda tv
12284v alajazeera sport 1, 2, +1- +4

hope this helps!
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Dlee1(m): 6:06am On Sep 16, 2011
olofofo:

@dlee

that's a lot stories over nothing,  the traditional way of tracking Nilesat is still the same,  get a good lnb skewed at say 3pm and track nss 7ku with 10986v 30000 , adjust your LNB until the signal pops up to 97% and even 100% depending on the decoder you are using,  then standing infront the dish, gradually shift it to the right raising the dish up,  nss is at 22w and you are trying to nail nilesat at 7w,  now it used to be that the best TP to track nilesat was 10785v then later 11862v but all these tps keeps disapearing from our horizon,  as it is now the best tp to track with is 11823v. once you lock on to this tp, trying and adjust your LNB until you hit the peak,  the following are some of the good channels and tps still available on this bird with a 2.4m say in lagos nigerias:

11938v  mbc1, 2, max etc
12015v aljazeera nbews
11766h  foxmovies, bbc world news
11747  huda tv
12284v  alajazeera sport 1, 2, +1- +4

hope this helps!

@ olofofo, thanks man. You really don't know the impact you have made by putting this writeup. You have just given some medicine to some people that is suffering from the headache of nilesat tracking. You might not understand what i'm saying. Some days back, I really suffered a lot trying to track that satellite with my 2.4m pan despite that I helped a friend to track it with 3m pan some time last year, though then I didn't bother to take some certain control measure because my friend almost did the whole thing. It was the writeup from RDI board that I got help  from. That you know every position to track every satellite doesn't mean that everybody does. I love seeing you guru impact knowledge on newbies. I hope to see your next post on some important information and discovery. Thanks again.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by olofofo(m): 6:08am On Sep 16, 2011
@d.lee

Guru is a word that i hate so much. Experienced is a better choice of word, Glad to always be of help!
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Dlee1(m): 6:19am On Sep 16, 2011
olofofo:

@d.lee

Guru is a word that i hate so much. Experienced is a better choice of word,  Glad to always be of help!
Correction taken sir.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Nobody: 6:26am On Sep 16, 2011
@ all
some strong lnbf dont perform well like some. Fake strong lnbf is in circulation.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Nsq(m): 9:28am On Sep 16, 2011
adoug:

watch fta channels like jsc sport 1, mbc 2, fox movie etc with hd LCD television, yagi antenna and power supply.

can i have your number or email i have something to discuss wt you. My email is dbsage@yahoo.com. Thanks.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Nsq(m): 9:33am On Sep 16, 2011
@ Adoug kindly send your email or phone number to my email:dbsage@yahoo.com.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by figment232(m): 1:33pm On Sep 16, 2011
@adoug

Pls expansiate on this yagi thing.hw do i conect it and wot direction does the antenna face?
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by sambass(m): 4:45pm On Sep 16, 2011
I did a stunt wit my 2.4m comstar 2day and wot i exprience was unbelievable but i want 2 b sure b4 postin anytin.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by gadotor(m): 7:18pm On Sep 16, 2011
mesh or solid dish.thank you
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Femwal: 9:51pm On Sep 16, 2011
@all, if u need 2 sell ur 2.4m or 2.5m pan dish between ondo-state &ekiti areas pls mail me @WILLYMAGER@YAHOO.COM.then email me if u av dis 4669x &4663 board.thank
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by ftadream: 9:41am On Sep 17, 2011
sambass:

I did a stunt wit my 2.4m comstar 2day and wot i exprience was unbelievable but i want 2 b sure b4 postin anytin.
Happy for you man,I will wish you drop hints for us to have an idea of what is happing so we get our machinery
ready when you are through, what kind of dish are you using? mesh or solid dish.Thank you.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by bing(m): 9:48am On Sep 17, 2011
k
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by segzytola: 2:51pm On Sep 17, 2011
infinity bollywood is now fta enjoy while it last
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Ikiriye(m): 3:30pm On Sep 17, 2011
at all,
plz i need info on where to purchase original strong 3.2m dish with prize.any one with info can reach me on ikiriye@gmail.com
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Dlee1(m): 4:58pm On Sep 17, 2011
Ikiriye:

at all,
plz i need info on where to purchase original strong 3.2m dish with prize.any one with info can reach me on ikiriye@gmail.com
@ Ikiriye, you suppose to have say your location but if you are at lagos, you may check Sobis shop at Alaba mkt. Again you suppose to post this on fta equipment mkt thread.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by sambass(m): 6:51pm On Sep 17, 2011
D.lee my man how is awka? Hope u are living large.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Dlee1(m): 7:43pm On Sep 17, 2011
sambass:

D.lee my man how is awka? Hope u are living large.
@ sambass, i'm nice and cool likewise Awka. Thanks for remembering me.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by iykemann: 5:15am On Sep 18, 2011
@all that is using 69z try the 111p and enjoy better picture quality,usb help option,and tells you which channel is mpeg4 or two,just play around with it.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by skollboy: 6:49am On Sep 18, 2011
At last avatar back on air, grab ur own soffy b4 is 2 late 4 more info contact skollboy
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by IHacked: 7:20am On Sep 18, 2011
skollboy:

At last avatar back on air, grab your own soffy b4 is 2 late 4 more info contact skollboy

am online lets chart
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by sambass(m): 8:46am On Sep 18, 2011
Dont cal anybody about av soft dis is d answer (www.cardsharing.us) but u must regiser b4 u download hope it helps. But is only hitv and nilesat are currently showing now hope bigbrother join asap.

(1) (2) (3) ... (37) (38) (39) (40) (41) (42) (43) ... (2353) (Reply)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.