Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,196 members, 7,887,466 topics. Date: Friday, 12 July 2024 at 09:18 AM

Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread - Satellite TV Technology (39) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Satellite TV Technology / Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread (5516392 Views)

Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) / Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) / Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (36) (37) (38) (39) (40) (41) (42) ... (2353) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Sophieamore1(f): 11:45am On Sep 13, 2011
@ODILIBE,
YOU SAID THE MODERATOR OF THIS FORUM GAVE US THE RIGHT TO POST WHATEVER WE LIKE ON THIS FORUM, AS FAR AS IT IS RELATED TO SATELLITE TECHNOLOGY, SINCE THIS IS A GENERAL THREAD.
SO WHY WERE PEOPLE STOPPING US FROM POSTING THINGS RELATING TO DONGLE, CLINE ETC.
IF WE ARE FREE TO POST ANYTHING WE LIKE ON THIS THREAD AS LONG AS IT IS RELATED TO SATELLITE TECHNOLOGY, THEN I WILL BE THE HAPPIEST PERSON HERE.
VIVA FTA!!!
@GANGSTA,
MUST YOU FLOOD THIS THREAD WITH TRASH, DONT BEAT AROUND THE BUSH, GO STRAIGHT TO THE POINT.
YOU BETTER WATCH YOUR BACK TOO, BECAUSE I MIGHT ALSO BE YOUR NEXT DOOR NEIGBOUR, AND I MIGHT EVEN KNOW YOU.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by bodejohn(m): 12:18pm On Sep 13, 2011
@ Sophieamore1,
There are rules and regulations in every human endeavor. These rules are usually put in place by owners of the endeavors.
The owner of this thread has stated it clearly that this thread is for free to air satellite discussion. That is what he wants and since we don't own the website, we have to comply or visit other threads or sites where the rules are different or loose.

Having said that, there are people here who by their interactions and discussions have decided to take their satellite experience to other levels that the thread cannot support based on the rules, so they had to forum their groups outside of the thread.

If you desire to take your own experience to these levels, no one will deny you that right, but you have to do it the way others have done it.
You can start a group of your own and discuss whatever you like with your peeps or better still join the already existing ones.

I will like to conclude by saying respect is reciprocal, we gain nothing when we fight and abuse ourselves.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by gadotor(m): 1:02pm On Sep 13, 2011
Esuo2 call me now.thank you
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by emexi: 3:09pm On Sep 13, 2011
@all Goodnews for you, dongle is back . you can check and confirm mine is active enjoy
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by saintchyco: 4:05pm On Sep 13, 2011
emexi which dog bro
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by JOEWAYNE(m): 5:22pm On Sep 13, 2011
th
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by versace400(m): 5:39pm On Sep 13, 2011
bodejohn:

@ Sophieamore1,
There are rules and regulations in every human endeavor. These rules are usually put in place by owners of the endeavors.
The owner of this thread has stated it clearly that this thread is for free to air satellite discussion. That is what he wants and since we don't own the website, we have to comply or visit other threads or sites where the rules are different or loose.

Having said that, there are people here who by their interactions and discussions have decided to take their satellite experience to other levels that the thread cannot support based on the rules, so they had to forum their groups outside of the thread.

If you desire to take your own experience to these levels, no one will deny you that right, but you have to do it the way others have done it.
You can start a group of your own and discuss whatever you like with your peeps or better still join the already existing ones.

I will like to conclude by saying respect is reciprocal, we gain nothing when we fight and abuse ourselves.
U're very my brother.Unity brings progress.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by odilibe(m): 9:32pm On Sep 13, 2011
Sophieamore1:

@ODILIBE,
YOU SAID THE MODERATOR OF THIS FORUM GAVE US THE RIGHT TO POST WHATEVER WE LIKE ON THIS FORUM, AS FAR AS IT IS RELATED TO SATELLITE TECHNOLOGY, SINCE THIS IS A GENERAL THREAD.
SO WHY WERE PEOPLE STOPPING US FROM POSTING THINGS RELATING TO DONGLE, CLINE ETC.
IF WE ARE FREE TO POST ANYTHING WE LIKE ON THIS THREAD AS LONG AS IT IS RELATED TO SATELLITE TECHNOLOGY, THEN I WILL BE THE HAPPIEST PERSON HERE.
VIVA FTA!!!

But how come all your words are writing in capital letter,you are braking the rules,and how does cline relate to fta satellite? as for dongle lipsrsealed you can ask the moderator
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Ejike3: 10:11pm On Sep 13, 2011
emexi:

@all Goodnews for you, dongle is back . you can check and confirm mine is active enjoy
Big bros, hw is coal city? I'v bn out of civilization for long. Maiduguri & Jos are too busy, I hope to hop in this weekend by God's grace.

@all
Keep the flag flying.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by gadotor(m): 7:25am On Sep 14, 2011
@ejike3 You must not allow the big brother and know what we,re eat yesterday,meanwhile they also have their own kitchens and food stuff.A wise man will always know the time by looking at the sun.thank you
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Gangsta101(m): 7:35am On Sep 14, 2011
Sophieamore1:

The problem with cline and dongle is that they use a technology known as cardsharing to transmit info to open encrypted channels, now this infringes on the intellectual property of the broadcaster and thus they are ILLEGAL. freely disseminating information about them here makes it look like this thread is supporting the technology. the broadcasters can't close us down directly, but they can complain to the NCC or whichever arm or gov't is in charge and it is the entire nairaland website that will be shutdown, and Seun will not like it one bit, and neither will you, me or all the kings horses. there are other websites that are less restricted about issues like these, they have servers that are located where no gov't can touch them, so they are free to do whatever they like, i'm sure you can find them if you need to.

As for the part of your post that directly relates to me, well,

gadotor:

@ejike3 You must not allow the big brother and know what we,re eat yesterday,meanwhile they also have their own kitchens and food stuff.A wise man will always know the time by looking at the sun.thank you
True talk bro, less personal info about sensitive stuff
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by rahsumt(m): 7:39am On Sep 14, 2011
gadotor:

@ejike3  You must not allow the big brother and know what we,re eat yesterday,meanwhile they also have their own kitchens and food stuff.A wise man will always know the time by looking at the sun.thank you

yes oooo my big guy a wise word.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by jayron(m): 2:31pm On Sep 14, 2011
@ George _D

I tried ur number n e-mail both are not going.

Pls how can i reach u, am running out of time.

The lady is almost tru n i weeks time she wld return back to State.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by GeorgeD1(m): 4:01pm On Sep 14, 2011
@jayron,
Relax, my friend. I'll be in town pretty soon. As for the lady she can always
drop the package with you when she leaves.

I'll call you.

Cheers!
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Ikiriye(m): 7:12pm On Sep 14, 2011
at all,
can some one forward me the current price of 4930 hd receiver.my location is port-harcourt.thanks
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Ikiriye(m): 7:16pm On Sep 14, 2011
at GeorgeD
please i need speak with u my mail address is ikiriye@gmail.com.kindly drop ur number so i can call u.thanks
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by life707: 10:34pm On Sep 14, 2011
Gangsta101:

As for the part of your post that directly relates to me, well,

hold your peace!!. will call u.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by infofta(m): 10:54pm On Sep 14, 2011
@all
Glad to notice, RDV is now fta
@petfun4u
How are you and your research on Nilesat with 1 metre dish?
Hope u are keeping the fire burning.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by andymola(m): 6:28am On Sep 15, 2011
Pls anyone that stays in Enugu should contact me. It's very urgent pls Andymola4all@yahoo.com
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by GeorgeD1(m): 8:15am On Sep 15, 2011
Ikiriye:

at all,
can some one forward me the current price of 4930 hd receiver.my location is port-harcourt.thanks

@Ikiriye,
Its about 23k presently here.

You got mail!
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by petfun4u(m): 9:25am On Sep 15, 2011
info.fta:

@all
Glad to notice, RDV is now fta
@petfun4u
How are you and your research on Nilesat with 1 metre dish?
Hope u are keeping the fire burning.

Thanks friend, I am 100% still on it, my effort is geared toward increasing the signal and the type of LNB that can effective boost the signal before I post my recommendation. I actually found one new LNB yesterday, I want to purchase it, just like PREMIUM HD LNB but not PREMIUM. That LNB is HDas well but totally new in our market here in Abuja. Update very soon. I also want to let everyone know that I have commenced the trial on 90cm dish, detail of outcome coming soon. Remain blessed.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by jayron(m): 10:10am On Sep 15, 2011
@ George_D

Copied that.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by petfun4u(m): 11:52am On Sep 15, 2011
My people, this is a great news that very soon we will be able to track new satellite here in Nigeria, details below;
Satellite Name: Atlantic Bird 7 (Nilebird, Atlantic Bird 4R)
Position: 7° W (7° W)
Norad:
Cospar number:
Operator: Eutelsat Communications S.A.
Launch date: 22-Sep-2011 (Estimated)
Launch site: Sea Launch (Odyssey)
Launch vehicle: Zenit 3SLB
Launch mass (kg): 4600
Dry mass (kg):
Manufacturer: EADS Astrium
Model (bus): Eurostar-3000
Orbit: GEO
Expected lifetime: 15 yrs.
Call sign:
Beacon(s):
Details:
56 active Ku-band transponders to provide services to Middle East, Gulf states, North Africa and North-West Africa
Beams:
Ku-band Middle East and North Africa beam (predicted)
Ku-band North-West Africa beam (predicted)

you can check here:http://satbeams.com/satellites?id=2523
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by petfun4u(m): 11:53am On Sep 15, 2011
You can equally check the footprint here: http://satbeams.com/!ajax/embed?beam=7109
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by petfun4u(m): 11:59am On Sep 15, 2011
Reception detailsof the new satellite below:

EIRP level = 42 dBW
Recommended dish size = 110cm / 43.3in

The sat can be tracked clearly in Nigeria according to the footprint
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by gadotor(m): 12:28pm On Sep 15, 2011
This a good news we have been waiting for,l leant of this satellite which will be hope for all,however,the has been some kind of delay.this satellite be in orbit about one mouth ago,however time is due now for all to track and enjoy.thank you
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by williams85(m): 2:18pm On Sep 15, 2011
Hope this won't be another intelsat new dawn
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by ftadream: 2:43pm On Sep 15, 2011
Can't wait to see this life,at least people will go back to their tools and make things happen,the thread will be revived and crowded again
with questions here and there, because when you steady the thread,it's just about less than 10 posts a day with over 1000 members.
Why won't people stay away?

@ pent4fun, !  hi  buddy? what about  the 90cm dish setup on nilesat and the pictures you promised.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by thuao(m): 3:50pm On Sep 15, 2011
petfun4u:

My people, this is a great news that very soon we will be able to track new satellite here in Nigeria, details below;
Satellite Name: Atlantic Bird 7 (Nilebird, Atlantic Bird 4R)
Position: 7° W (7° W)
Norad:
Cospar number:
Operator: Eutelsat Communications S.A.
Launch date: 22-Sep-2011 (Estimated)
Launch site: Sea Launch (Odyssey)
Launch vehicle: Zenit 3SLB
Launch mass (kg): 4600
Dry mass (kg):
Manufacturer: EADS Astrium
Model (bus): Eurostar-3000
Orbit: GEO
Expected lifetime: 15 yrs.
Call sign:
Beacon(s):
Details:
56 active Ku-band transponders to provide services to Middle East, Gulf states, North Africa and North-West Africa
Beams:
Ku-band Middle East and North Africa beam (predicted)
Ku-band North-West Africa beam (predicted)

you can check here:http://satbeams.com/satellites?id=2523

@petfun4u, this is good news, Welldone, more power to ur elbow.
Can't w8t for it to launch & start tracking.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Dlee1(m): 4:36pm On Sep 15, 2011
williams85:

Hope this won't be another intelsat new dawn
@ williams85,is like you read my mind.              @ All, if this said satellite is successfully lunched, the problem of tracking of nilesat will be over because it will be used as starting point for tracking of nilesat. It will be just track this satellite, finetune the lnb and nilesat will pop up for those using big dish. Do you know that the gurus of this house have done a lot of good work for a lot of people in this forum. Once someone make a request or ask a question, immediately the answer will be fowarded to the person but these guru have failed on one thing which is that they refused to put writeup on guildline on how to track nilesat. Does it mean that they don' want the newbies to know how to track it or does it mean that they are afraid of putting up the writeup? Hmm, I don't know oh! One of them claimmed that his writeup on step to step on nilesat installation was deleted during this site upgrade and another guru claimmed that he/she doesn't know who deleted his writeup on nilesat installation and I wondered who was the person that deleted it. Is it the moderator? but why? If the writeup was deleted during the upgrade, then why must it be only that writeup that was deleted? I wonder oh! On this highly esteemed site, one cannot see any writeup on how to track nilesat except the one that Swordswifter posted here last year. Maybe I will be the one to post it here. Since  most of our gurus are watching nilesat at their various home then what stop them from posting step to step on nilesat installation even those that promised to post the writeup and they never did. Remember, i'm just saying my mind.[font=Lucida Sans Unicode][/font] grin grin grin
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by IHacked: 5:59pm On Sep 15, 2011
rescan astra 2b at 28.2 for kktv and Elijah ,Adihyie tp 12552 19531
thank you
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by gadotor(m): 6:04pm On Sep 15, 2011
@ALL NEW CHANNELS ON 30.5E ARABSAT 2B C-BAND-3909 V 7199 ,4178 H 27500 SAUDI SPORT-1,HUDA TV,AFRICA TV SWAHILL,PEACE TV,REUTERR WNS FEED TOO .track and enjoy.thank you

(1) (2) (3) ... (36) (37) (38) (39) (40) (41) (42) ... (2353) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.