Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,169,759 members, 7,875,907 topics. Date: Sunday, 30 June 2024 at 01:24 AM

Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread - Satellite TV Technology (41) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Satellite TV Technology / Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread (5505109 Views)

Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) / Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) / Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (38) (39) (40) (41) (42) (43) (44) ... (2353) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by pofolo(m): 9:10am On Sep 18, 2011
It has been said times without number that issues about watching paytv for free is not 'healthy' for this thread. Not quite long someone made an analysis of wat was at stake if we do.
Peeps shud strictly adhere to rules,
abi we need softwares too to make pple undastand simple rules or upgrade their hearin system, even d moderator closed a thread on avatar some days ago.
Simple : ALL DONGLE ISSUE ARE NOT TO BE DISCUSSED HERE !!!.
Thanks, just my own shinkili cent though.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by sambass(m): 12:02pm On Sep 18, 2011
@pofolo pls mind ur bussines i take Gob beg u.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by versace400(m): 12:33pm On Sep 18, 2011
@Sambass,pls i want u to undstand dt d pofolo's comment is nt personal at all.Let us for once lead by example.What is 4bidden should nt be practised.There are better ways to discuss it and it will be decent.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Lanceosas(m): 12:44pm On Sep 18, 2011
is very good to hear that w3 a**t* is back,nd better keep the flag flying
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by nzeval(m): 1:32pm On Sep 18, 2011
Dongle is back .dongle back .how can i agree with you guys .company china said that it start working next month been october but they are not sure .
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by simniboma(m): 1:39pm On Sep 18, 2011
am new here kudus to all gurus on the forum, thanks for ya good works keep up. i av followed ya discussions as a guset for som time now. happy to say i av benefited from ya forum. just scanned 68.5e ku band notice a nollywood plus been added rescan ya receivers and enjoy good 9ja music
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Sunsat(m): 2:12pm On Sep 18, 2011
@Sambass, its unwise to discuss something about Barking Dogs here, its not healthy@ Skollboy, you can email me at back yard so that we talk esunny18@yahoo.com
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Nobody: 2:23pm On Sep 18, 2011
@ all
did you see why some of the old-timers "gurus" are not seen in this thread. They left because the modern ones are stubborn, do not want to learn and dont have anything technically to offer. And the worst is that they insult them. We are the ones to loose at last. The owner of nairaland said that he do not want dongle issues discussed on his business site. What we have to do is to go where we can discuss them. Is it a big thing to do. There is google groups, facebook etc Where it can be done.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by twinskenny(m): 3:00pm On Sep 18, 2011
auchs:

@ all
did you see why some of the old-timers "gurus" are not seen in this thread. They left because the modern ones are stubborn, do not want to learn and dont have anything technically to offer. And the worst is that they insult them. We are the ones to loose at last. The owner of nairaland said that he do not want dongle issues discussed on his business site. What we have to do is to go where we can discuss them. Is it a big thing to do. There is google groups, facebook etc Where it can be done. 

we are watching from a far,  you guyz has turn the forum to dongle site,  so we are watching from afar. some of you suppose to relax and gain from our past experience instead when we say something they will reply you with abuse,  can name calling. anyway when dongle is gone maybe everyone will come back to his senses,  and i want to make it clear for whoever will listen that the dongle thing is just a scam,  i heard last week that another set of dongle is out which is called avatar3, chinese people are just scamming you people and u dont know it. there are so many bird in the air, if we are not lazy we can hunt more than dongle can provide,
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Ilish(m): 4:04pm On Sep 18, 2011
IRDETO Complete Pat Tv System, Conditional Access

Will someone tell me what this gadget is?

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by ftadream: 4:13pm On Sep 18, 2011
simniboma:

am new here kudus to all gurus on the forum, thanks for ya good works keep up. i av followed ya discussions as a guset for som time now. happy to say i av benefited from ya forum. just scanned 68.5e ku band notice a nollywood plus been added rescan ya receivers and enjoy good 9ja music
If what you said is nothing to go by,I am sure your entry did not come well,If you really followed the thread carefully as you
claim,you will notice your information is old,because the likes of Gadotor and others have had series of discussion over the 68.5E Nolly-wood.
All the same,welcome to the forum,thank you though for your input butread before you post.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by simniboma(m): 4:22pm On Sep 18, 2011
@ftadream, i do know that something on NOLLYWOOD has been put up. What I mean is NOLLYWOOD+. I believe I have not seen a post on that, if it has then I amm sorrrrrrrrryyyyy!
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by olason(m): 7:56pm On Sep 18, 2011
All, is so so sad to see d great divide that is looming around the corner. They are times when I reflect back at the way we used to tackled fta issues some years back on this same fora. I remember vividly with the help of Oga Badaru when Nilesat used to be  the in- thing. How he came to my home on his birthday 25dec 2008 or 2009, just to see green on any difficult sat was like winning a jackpot. I Happen to b the very first on this fora to hit Nilesat with fantastic signal qty in lagos with Oga Badaru directing the AFFAIRS. We all celebrated at that achievement Its a known fact, Enitan, Olofofo toxnaija maddox Adewest obnelly twinstaiye,George d, pitodenz and some other great minds which i can't recollect very well but they know themselves. We tracked anything trackable, ran after sat feeds like mad,We were always eager to be the first one to track new birds, it was so much fun. Everyone became an addict of fta. Even when we had to used codes we always end like this" this is for educational purposes only. watching pay tv for free is illegal. We never threw caution to the wind. We had our rules, even at that time we had no group or groups all we did was pick up your phone and pass sensitive info. Recklessness on sensitve info made the group thing very important and for safety reasons too.  I got my first car from one of the great minds i met on this fora.There was so much love and care for each other. Lets all go back to the good ol days one luv. fta for live. Am hurting inside seeing what this lovely fora has turned into.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by IHacked: 8:53pm On Sep 18, 2011
thanks to all old members like biggjoe any one who know this great man should give thanks to him for me
if you would read from heir too i said God bless you
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by pofolo(m): 9:13pm On Sep 18, 2011
@ oga olason,

God bless u for the msg, its just timely n soothing.

A Yoruba adage says '' ti ile kan ba wa ton toro, omo ale ibe ni o ti dagba'',  Meaning, ''peace ceases once a vagabong enters a home''. I feel your pain too, & its so painful seeing wat has bcom of dis gr8 thread, now all we have r peeps who are so wrong n stil celebrate bin wrong.
Where ders no rule, ders no law.

Fta will forever rule.

Ps : i have decided to press d ignore botton to some certain post, why ?, two wrongs doesnt make a right.
Thank u all.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by freshp(m): 9:38pm On Sep 18, 2011
@Pofolo
You actually amswered my 1st question in this forum,gone are those days now.thanks for using the ignore button.
@Olason
You have said it all.
Thank you.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by sammu(m): 9:53pm On Sep 18, 2011
@simniboma, your observation is correct, nollywood plus is just been added.
@all ctl is owned by trend tv nigeria. They operate terrestial pay tv in port harcout and its environs and this is their second journey into satellite tv biz. The first was trend tv on w4 then they operated breifly and then dissapeared. The 3 new channels namely ctl africa, nollywood, nollywood plus belong to them. Lets watch out for more channels. @simniboma, your observation is correct, nollywood plus is just been added.
@all ctl is owned by trend tv nigeria. They operate terrestial pay tv in port harcout and its environs and this is their second journey into satellite tv biz. The first was trend tv on w4 then they operated breifly and then dissapeared. The 3 new channels namely ctl africa, nollywood, nollywood plus belong to them. Lets watch out for more channels.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Gangsta101(m): 9:55pm On Sep 18, 2011
Ilish,

I believe that is an irdeto card reader, but i'm not sure.

All,

the concept of collective responsibility dictates that we should play an active role in preserving that which is ours, to protect that which we feel  belongs to us. so the truth is talking is done, its time we take active measures in keeping this thread alive. if someone posts an offending message on this thread, we could click on the report to moderator button underneath the post, this should call the attention of the moderator to that post and maybe he can delete it or ask the poster to modify. We should sanitise our thread ourselves.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by sammu(m): 10:06pm On Sep 18, 2011
@simniboma, your observation is correct, nollywood plus is just been added.
@all ctl is owned by trend tv nigeria. They operate terrestial pay tv in port harcout and its environs and this is their second journey into satellite tv biz. The first was trend tv on w4 then they operated breifly and then dissapeared. The 3 new channels namely ctl africa, nollywood, nollywood plus belong to them. Lets watch out for more channels. @simniboma, your observation is correct, nollywood plus is just been added.
@all ctl is owned by trend tv nigeria. They operate terrestial pay tv in port harcout and its environs and this is their second journey into satellite tv biz. The first was trend tv on w4 then they operated breifly and then dissapeared. The 3 new channels namely ctl africa, nollywood, nollywood plus belong to them. Lets watch out for more channels as they do their test transmission.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by gadotor(m): 10:32pm On Sep 18, 2011
but l posted this channels some weeks ago.thank you
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Ilish(m): 10:43pm On Sep 18, 2011
Gangsta101:

Ilish,

I believe that is an irdeto card reader, but i'm not sure.

All,

the concept of collective responsibility dictates that we should play an active role in preserving that which is ours, to protect that which we feel  belongs to us. so the truth is talking is done, its time we take active measures in keeping this thread alive. if someone posts an offending message on this thread, we could click on the report to moderator button underneath the post, this should call the attention of the moderator to that post and maybe he can delete it or ask the poster to modify. We should sanitise our thread ourselves.

Gangsta101,
It has no slot for the card.It is closed on both sides.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by IHacked: 10:58pm On Sep 18, 2011
@dodos my broda the pictures is loading slow truth email so heir is it thank you

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by IHacked: 11:05pm On Sep 18, 2011
I Hacked:

@dodos my broda the pictures is loading slow truth email so heir is it thank you

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by IHacked: 11:07pm On Sep 18, 2011
I Hacked:

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Dlee1(m): 11:22pm On Sep 18, 2011
twinskenny:

,  there are so many bird in the air, if we are not lazy we can hunt more than dongle can provide,
Hmmmmmm. Food for thought.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by lovala(m): 1:27am On Sep 19, 2011
@George_D:
Hello King George,
Been a pretty long time. I had some problems here with my local ISP. For over two weeks we've been in cyber darkness so I couldn't hook up to my cherished site.
Just wanted to ask you and any other members in the house who are receiving AB3 if they've noticed the blackout on KTN. Have they migrated to another satellite or are they on a temporal break on that bird? If kungu can help us out here, I'll be so happy. Have a nice day, bro.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Pidzo(m): 7:56am On Sep 19, 2011
@Ilish
I also saw this IRDETO Complete Pay Tv System Conditional Access on a Panasat DSTV receiver last week for the first time. I am also confused and need clarification and enlightment from fellow members. It doesn't have a card slot and it's indeed closed in all sides.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by gadotor(m): 10:50am On Sep 19, 2011
ls true ktn on 5w atlantic bird 3/c has been off for three days now,however let hope for the best this week.thank you
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Ellahdarrell(m): 11:19am On Sep 19, 2011
apart frm astra 2b, intelsat 10, eutelsat w4/7, eutelsat w3a, astra 4a (sirus 4) &intelsat new dawn. Which sattellite can i track again wit my 65 and 90cm ku band dish dat contain guddis?
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Mavor: 12:12pm On Sep 19, 2011
Pls can someone show me a picture of the position for intelsat new dawn, eutelsat w3a & astra 4a (sirus 4). It's like eutelsat w4/7 and intelsat 90 and astra 2b dont have anything again. I travelled out for a while and just came back last wekeend only to discover that infinity is now locked, my multitv no more works and dstv now requires a strictly dstv decoder!!! Wetin dey happen sef!!! Anyway I have two dishes, a 90cm ku pointing to dstv and a 65cm ku pointing to infinity/multitv. Thanks.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by gadotor(m): 12:12pm On Sep 19, 2011
You can also track 22w nss 7/ku and 26e badr 5/ku.but try and get 1.2m- 1.8m dish and add c-bands to it and enjoy yourself.thank you
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by gadotor(m): 12:14pm On Sep 19, 2011
l mean w6 at 21e and not badr.thank you

(1) (2) (3) ... (38) (39) (40) (41) (42) (43) (44) ... (2353) (Reply)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.