Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,174,795 members, 7,893,088 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 July 2024 at 01:13 AM

Dv Lottery 2012 Winner Meet Here - Travel (50) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Dv Lottery 2012 Winner Meet Here (188288 Views)

Dv Lottery 2013/2014 / Dv Lottery! How Do I Fill These? / 6,006 Nigerians Win 2010 Us Dv Lottery (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (47) (48) (49) (50) (51) (52) (53) ... (92) (Go Down)

Re: Dv Lottery 2012 Winner Meet Here by roodboy: 10:26am On Jun 13, 2012
Good morning house....if person have (GCE) buy it's not have sch cert asper testimonial...they we allow for interview day?
Re: Dv Lottery 2012 Winner Meet Here by jejelady(f): 6:51am On Jun 15, 2012
victorygoodness: My brother's wife just confirm she won DV2013 today. She is 38 years old and the principal winner with a daughter and her hubby but... she only completed Junior secondary (JSS3) and droped out to learn tailoring which she practice pro and her profession now. My question now is that, how do we create academic history for her? She also plan to sit for Waec and neco external which she hope to use. Do we need to write on the form that she finished secondary school in 1984 with no waec result? Do we need to write it on the form that she is a tailor? PLEASE HELLLLPP.

Her tailoring will see her thru. Don't tailor any academic stuff that cld jeopardize her chances. All they would ask her to do is to practice her profession in their presence. Best of luck
Re: Dv Lottery 2012 Winner Meet Here by jejelady(f): 7:20am On Jun 15, 2012
rood boy: Good morning house....if person have (GCE) buy it's not have sch cert asper testimonial...they we allow for interview day?

GCE is a valid proof of your academic excellence at the US Embassy. Testimonial is just what your school gives you. Please be advised that US Consulate also verifies these results if need be as they did for my sis over 12 years ago.

By the way, Temmy, this is a great forum as you have been so patient answering everyone's questions with granularity and sincere respect. God bless you and the family. I understand the nervousness in this US thing (even though it is a different ball game when people get here). Anyway, I hope things are working out for you the way you planned.

TO all who played the DV2013 and were selected, Congrats and Best of Luck with future processing and to all who have not been selected yet, hold on tight. Another batch is coming out in October.
Re: Dv Lottery 2012 Winner Meet Here by jejelady(f): 7:27am On Jun 15, 2012
rood boy: Good morning people in the house...ds is lere boy..A friend of mine...won visa lottery 2012 ds yr...number one the guy doesn't av o,level and the guy trying to sit for (gce) ds yr...and the result going too come out ds yr desember...se is not going too late?...and we are hearing info that if the guy doesn't av anybody in u.s they can't allow him...pls quick reply.

Tell him to go learn some trade like fashion design or hair do. A friend of mine did the same but note that if he has to do that, then he must know how to sew at least a shirt prior to the interview date because he will need to practice the trade right in their presence. However, he can go ahead and sit for any of the exams if it will not be too late. Getting a contact in the US is easy. I am sure anyone can give him an address to fill in which he can change at the POE (Port of Entry).
Re: Dv Lottery 2012 Winner Meet Here by busayodot: 8:27am On Jun 15, 2012
temmytanny: if its 6months,then i may do the medical again cos i cant leave for USA for my 6months expires.According to Kamorass,they said only physical examination like x-tray and co would be done again. If its physical only,then it wont cost much but i will still find when i go for my final vaccination in june.

@temmytanny, what do you need the medicals for? Was it not for the embassy to find out if you were medically eligible for the opportunity? The medicals was for the embassy to make their judgement and it has been made, the reply from the doctors was for the embassy not you - that is why you don't have the original doctor's report. I think the medicals have done it's purpose and has nothing to do with your entry or any other.That was what they meant by the reply you got from the embassy.
If you are thinking of using it for job and school screening in the US, then you may need get a valid original report from the doctors again I think and note that the medical reports are for a period of 6 months not one year for which ever purpose even though you hv taken vaccines that'll last in you for 3 yrs, 5 yrs, etc. the report consist of more information than the vaccinations alone and the reports are for 6 months

Regards
Re: Dv Lottery 2012 Winner Meet Here by temmytanny(m): 9:33am On Jun 15, 2012
busayodot:

@temmytanny, what do you need the medicals for? Was it not for the embassy to find out if you were medically eligible for the opportunity? The medicals was for the embassy to make their judgement and it has been made, the reply from the doctors was for the embassy not you - that is why you don't have the original doctor's report. I think the medicals have done it's purpose and has nothing to do with your entry or any other.That was what they meant by the reply you got from the embassy.
If you are thinking of using it for job and school screening in the US, then you may need get a valid original report from the doctors again I think and note that the medical reports are for a period of 6 months not one year for which ever purpose even though you hv taken vaccines that'll last in you for 3 yrs, 5 yrs, etc. the report consist of more information than the vaccinations alone and the reports are for 6 months

Regards
tanx,the medical is valid for 1yr n nt 6months
Re: Dv Lottery 2012 Winner Meet Here by Dejie4live: 10:24am On Jun 15, 2012
Dear Nairalanders, how is it going? Wish everyone that has been selected or hoping to be selected a huge success in their applications and/or interviews. Well, before most of you start to ask me about life here, i will rather jump the gun by saying life in the USA is so much fun, reliable and far much better than what we have in Nigeria, May God help us with our very corrupt leaders. There are few things i want my dear Nairalanders to conseder well before coming here which are :

(a) Your gaols here, that is for me you must be forcused, have an ambition of what you wanna achieve here.
(b) Getting a job is solely by the help of God because life is not a bed of roses here too like we were made to believe but things are still better of than what we have in our home country.
(c) Paying bills. That is really an essential part because one pays for everything you have and enjoy here. And more...

@ TEMMYTANNY, am proud of you my brother for still keeping the faith of what we started by still redering self-less services to our brothers and sisters on Nairaland. May God see you through in all your sourjourneys and grant all our desires.
As par your vacciness and medical expiry, i was not asked anything on that at my port of entry at the Atlanta Airport cos your previous medical results, and certificates are what you have sealed in your brown envelope. So, if you ask me, i will say your brown envelope covers you as long as it is still intact.

@ JEJE LADY, wrote that her inlaw is a tailor with only JSCE (Junior School Cert), Well to me its a very rear chance please that's to me though becuase the lottery site says that THE MINIMUM REQUIREMENT IS THE SUCCESSFUL COMPLETION OF A 12 YEARS HIGH SCHOOL AS THEY HAVE IT HERE WHICH IS EQUIVILENT TO OUR SSCE.

To all expecting their interviews, all of us who has gotten our visas through DV have no two heads, its only by the GRACE OF GOD. I was asked about 3o questions even as a SINGLE applicant by a FEMALE CONSULAR people pray NOT to be interviewd by her. So, be WELL PREPARED WITH ALL YOUR DOCUMENTS, EMOTIONAL WISE and BE VERY VERY SMART. TRULY, YANKEE IS A PLACE TO BE!.

BEST OF LUCK TO YOU ALL...
Re: Dv Lottery 2012 Winner Meet Here by roodboy: 11:41am On Jun 15, 2012
dramenda:
many thanx bros for ur advice o...my question..are you in U.S. now...if you are there... pls if person win visa lottery... an person don't have person in U.S. nigerian embassy can allow the person ?
@ deji4life
Life in united state can be so sweet and at the same time so frustrating.if you have settled well in nigeria,as in if you started earning a living starting all over is not easy here at all.one thing aboout this system is there is no continuity from where u stop in africa.when u get here u need to learn so so many new thing,like how to twist ur tongue to sound like them else weting you go dey na na" I din get that" or xcuse me.them no go hear you.generally its fun to relocate here u know the new experience n stuff.how far you succeed in america depends on the person place wey you land.if the person dull na so him go dey dull you too.but if you land for where people dey make things happen bro sky na your limit oooo.what I mean by make things happen no be runz oo.america is not the place trust dem go fish you.that our social security just be like leash wey dey dog neck.I mean people wey dey into the system wey understand the system.imagine coming from the village to lagos n staying with a vulcanizer and staying with a banker.first before coming learn how to drive,cus here virtually every drives a car.most jobs need you to get a licence before dey can employ you.when you come you will get your greencard let 3 to 4 weeks after your arriver.u will need to apply for social security from any nearby shola shola office.most nigerian here are into nursing care giving and customer sales service job.but the best thing is after doing those job for some time go back to school.there is government aid for you.there are some state I will not advise some people to go.there so many state you will find so many nigerians like maryland,philly,new york,texas chicago,atl .the best way to enter is if you married.it may be tough at the begining but trust me una go enjoy soon.its better than keeping a long distance relationship.advise for woman get mr rigth to sure before u come.we have lots of nigerian guz but ... Broda I no no weting to write again ooo.sleep dey my eye na work I dey,lolask me anything I go dey try answer you with ma lit2 knowlegde.
Re: Dv Lottery 2012 Winner Meet Here by roodboy: 11:56am On Jun 15, 2012
jejelady:
but guy i learn a mechanic can i used that one..but no any result for my hand now
GCE is a valid proof of your academic excellence at the US Embassy. Testimonial is just what your school gives you. Please be advised that US Consulate also verifies these results if need be as they did for my sis over 12 years ago.

By the way, Temmy, this is a great forum as you have been so patient answering everyone's questions with granularity and sincere respect. God bless you and the family. I understand the nervousness in this US thing (even though it is a different ball game when people get here). Anyway, I hope things are working out for you the way you planned.

TO all who played the DV2013 and were selected, Congrats and Best of Luck with future processing and to all who have not been selected yet, hold on tight. Another batch is coming out in October.
Re: Dv Lottery 2012 Winner Meet Here by roodboy: 12:32pm On Jun 15, 2012
[quote author=Bussyme][/quote]
@dramenda many thanx for your advicing people like me...i'm facing alot of chalenge here pls help me out of ds case.... God will help you too..alot of people make comment on my issue but a difference talk...the problem i have here..i win visa lottery 2012 i never sent anything too nigerian embassy..bacause people say are should never send anything too them till when my result is out..but i don't have any sch cert asper testimonal and o.level...but i'm trying to sit for (GCE) ds yr..but the result going too come out december second...i want to know wheather isn't going too late by then...and i learn mechanic and i have the certificate @ home...but the form i first fill i put sch...pls advice me about what to do bros before is getting late i don't want to miss ds yr...pls quick reply bros.
Re: Dv Lottery 2012 Winner Meet Here by roodboy: 12:35pm On Jun 15, 2012
jejelady:

Tell him to go learn some trade like fashion design or hair do. A friend of mine did the same but note that if he has to do that, then he must know how to sew at least a shirt prior to the interview date because he will need to practice the trade right in their presence. However, he can go ahead and sit for any of the exams if it will not be too late. Getting a contact in the US is easy. I am sure anyone can give him an address to fill in which he can change at the POE (Port of Entry).
thanx bros but i learn mechanic cana used that one.
Re: Dv Lottery 2012 Winner Meet Here by brightmon: 8:43pm On Jun 15, 2012
@ Dejie4live, pls what sort of questions was she asking you all that time during ur interviwe.
Pls, can you feed us with ur interviwe Experience?
Re: Dv Lottery 2012 Winner Meet Here by tosrich(m): 9:42pm On Jun 15, 2012
Hello my fellow NL....I need your guide...my interview is slated for August...the little problem I have is that, my the name on my birthday certificate and my GCE is written as OSENI OLUWASEUN SAMUEL.. While on some of my other credentials is written as OSENI SEUN SAMUEL....PLS ..won't there be complications on my interview day?......pls I need ur candid advice.
Re: Dv Lottery 2012 Winner Meet Here by temmytanny(m): 11:28pm On Jun 15, 2012
tosrich: Hello my fellow NL....I need your guide...my interview is slated for August...the little problem I have is that, my the name on my birthday certificate and my GCE is written as OSENI OLUWASEUN SAMUEL.. While on some of my other credentials is written as OSENI SEUN SAMUEL....PLS ..won't there be complications on my interview day?......pls I need ur candid advice.
At all...... I had similar issues too but they never made mention of it. Just go and do your interview. I wish you the very best bro
Re: Dv Lottery 2012 Winner Meet Here by temmytanny(m): 11:33pm On Jun 15, 2012
Dejie4live: Dear Nairalanders, how is it going? Wish everyone that has been selected or hoping to be selected a huge success in their applications and/or interviews. Well, before most of you start to ask me about life here, i will rather jump the gun by saying life in the USA is so much fun, reliable and far much better than what we have in Nigeria, May God help us with our very corrupt leaders. There are few things i want my dear Nairalanders to conseder well before coming here which are :

(a) Your gaols here, that is for me you must be forcused, have an ambition of what you wanna achieve here.
(b) Getting a job is solely by the help of God because life is not a bed of roses here too like we were made to believe but things are still better of than what we have in our home country.
(c) Paying bills. That is really an essential part because one pays for everything you have and enjoy here. And more...

@ TEMMYTANNY, am proud of you my brother for still keeping the faith of what we started by still redering self-less services to our brothers and sisters on Nairaland. May God see you through in all your sourjourneys and grant all our desires.
As par your vacciness and medical expiry, i was not asked anything on that at my port of entry at the Atlanta Airport cos your previous medical results, and certificates are what you have sealed in your brown envelope. So, if you ask me, i will say your brown envelope covers you as long as it is still intact.

@ JEJE LADY, wrote that her inlaw is a tailor with only JSCE (Junior School Cert), Well to me its a very rear chance please that's to me though becuase the lottery site says that THE MINIMUM REQUIREMENT IS THE SUCCESSFUL COMPLETION OF A 12 YEARS HIGH SCHOOL AS THEY HAVE IT HERE WHICH IS EQUIVILENT TO OUR SSCE.

To all expecting their interviews, all of us who has gotten our visas through DV have no two heads, its only by the GRACE OF GOD. I was asked about 3o questions even as a SINGLE applicant by a FEMALE CONSULAR people pray NOT to be interviewd by her. So, be WELL PREPARED WITH ALL YOUR DOCUMENTS, EMOTIONAL WISE and BE VERY VERY SMART. TRULY, YANKEE IS A PLACE TO BE!.

BEST OF LUCK TO YOU ALL...
Thank God,we hear from you today oooo,i think say AMe gurls don carry u go ..... grin grin grin grin grin your guy go join you soon, am just trying to put somethings in place before jetting out.As for the medical info,thanks a lot bro.

1 Like

Re: Dv Lottery 2012 Winner Meet Here by jejelady(f): 1:33am On Jun 16, 2012
[quote author=rood boy][/quote]

Yes you can. It has been long i got out of the system but i think you need to do a trade test. The US Consulate will let you know if you have to take one.
Re: Dv Lottery 2012 Winner Meet Here by Bussyme(m): 1:45am On Jun 16, 2012
tosrich: Hello my fellow NL....I need your guide...my interview is slated for August...the little problem I have is that, my the name on my birthday certificate and my GCE is written as OSENI OLUWASEUN SAMUEL.. While on some of my other credentials is written as OSENI SEUN SAMUEL....PLS ..won't there be complications on my interview day?......pls I need ur candid advice.
Carry go & no shaking but ready to defend ur results. In case co ask the reason ready to defend it because they can do & undo.
Re: Dv Lottery 2012 Winner Meet Here by roodboy: 10:39am On Jun 16, 2012
dramenda: Deji,Rocktation as said my mind already.you will alwayz beg for time to relax when you eventually start working.just use that first few month to familiarise yourself with your new enveronment and update your facebook location and profile picture,lol.just kidding.I stay like six month before getting a job,trust me uts not a good experince.getting a job in usa is man no man like nigeria now.a friend send like 600 application while searching for job.when he did not hear nothing he went home to check is system maybe his connection is bad.lol.seriously america is not what most people take it to be no more,when you even start working all the money u make will be spent on BILL(home,car,phone, etc)you can't excape it.GAs is like 4 dollar a gallone now.I spent like 50 dollar a week for gas cus my car is V6.na buy force you go send 200 dollars to love ones in africa.the best thing is for you to upgrade yourself when you enter to brake that yoke.my bro n sis NO matter the effort you put in coming to this part of the world trust me its really worth it.you will live that good life like tuface said when ask about his london esperience he NO hEAT and Mosquito.lol.u will get the best of the best of anything here if you are not lazy.its a really good oppotunity to see how thing are done properlly in a civilised setting.u don't chase bus here,some was arrested for doing that cus they believe he wants to commit sucide.it will alway come to you.if you are coming as a married couple with kids go to any nearby .I gat to go will continue later.solar1012003@yahoo.com

@ dramenda...i test you a message i didn't see your reply bros are you busu over there...well anyway pls i have serious issue....maybe you should reply me or are should have your email pls quick one.
Re: Dv Lottery 2012 Winner Meet Here by roodboy: 10:52am On Jun 16, 2012
jejelady:

@ jejelady...many thaNX Bros a...but your sister is there now?...and the second broblem of mine..(GCE) i'm just seating for it now an the result going too come out december second...se isn't going too late by then? i even have certificate of mechanic @ home... but the form i first fill is sch i put...pls bros quick one help me out of advice?
Re: Dv Lottery 2012 Winner Meet Here by roodboy: 11:07am On Jun 16, 2012
hello house...without no o,leve... i can used my diploma mechanic?
Re: Dv Lottery 2012 Winner Meet Here by usherroyal(m): 11:19am On Jun 16, 2012
Hello house. I have someone who is looking for a female winner who will like to match or merge with a man as husband. If there is, kindly show up or drop your contact. Thank you in anticipation of your reply.
Re: Dv Lottery 2012 Winner Meet Here by Bussyme(m): 1:13pm On Jun 16, 2012
rood boy: hello house...without no o,leve... i can used my diploma mechanic?
My bros without O'level don't go near embassy. Even if you are OND,HND,BSC,DR,PHD & PROFF you must show your O'level.
Re: Dv Lottery 2012 Winner Meet Here by Dejie4live: 9:12pm On Jun 17, 2012
Hello House, just checking on you all again. Goodluck to you all.

1 Like

Re: Dv Lottery 2012 Winner Meet Here by Jim241gidi(m): 1:23pm On Jun 18, 2012
Bussyme: WON DV2012 & STILL EXPECTING GCE RESULT BY NOW. PLS FORGET ABOUT IT because DV2012 FISCAL YEAR WILL END BY SEPTEMBER. THE GOLDEN CHANCE HAS BEEN MISSED. LIFE STILL CONTINUE OOOOO.
@Bussyme i wnt 2 speak on behalf of rood boy,he's a friend,to his coment, d date is 2013 nt 2012,d guy in question ve register for d up coming GCE,u ve advise earlier on dat he shldnt do any follow up nw,bt what baffle us is d Exam dat will commence by Sep,and he has nt contact d KCC since he has check,he's afraid of loosing dis oppurtunity,pls ur take on dis.
Re: Dv Lottery 2012 Winner Meet Here by Leripa(m): 5:30pm On Jun 18, 2012
@bussyme: is roodboy a 2012 or 2013 winner? If he's a 2013 winner, then his hope is still alive as GCE results will come out dec/jan. As per his forms to KCC to determine his interview date will depend on his case number. He can check this thru d visa bulletin.
Re: Dv Lottery 2012 Winner Meet Here by Bussyme(m): 6:01pm On Jun 18, 2012
Jim_241_gidi:
@Bussyme i wnt 2 speak on behalf of rood boy,he's a friend,to his coment, d date is 2013 nt 2012,d guy in question ve register for d up coming GCE,u ve advise earlier on dat he shldnt do any follow up nw,bt what baffle us is d Exam dat will commence by Sep,and he has nt contact d KCC since he has check,he's afraid of loosing dis oppurtunity,pls ur take on dis.
If its truely he won DV2013,its good how he registered for GCE and i will advice him to register for NECO also which the 2 result wil out at thesame month. He shouldn't send any form to KCC now ,pls waite till december b4 he send it. Interview is base on CN not 1st come 1st serve. But my advice 4 him is to know all subjects he registered because his interview wil base o'level.
Re: Dv Lottery 2012 Winner Meet Here by Leripa(m): 7:05pm On Jun 18, 2012
@bussyme and @jim_241_gidi: that's a good one. And please, roodboy, if truly u are a dv 2013 winner, adhere strictly to this tip. Goodluck.
Re: Dv Lottery 2012 Winner Meet Here by Dejie4live: 1:12am On Jun 19, 2012
@ Brightmoon, check the previous pages for my interview experience. Goodluck to you all.
Re: Dv Lottery 2012 Winner Meet Here by Bussyme(m): 3:16am On Jun 19, 2012
Dejie4live: @ Brightmoon, check the previous pages for my interview experience. Goodluck to you all.
@Dejie4live, gist us life in yankee now. Se u don de fase ni
Re: Dv Lottery 2012 Winner Meet Here by brightmon: 8:14am On Jun 19, 2012
Dejie4live: @ Brightmoon, check the previous pages for my interview experience. Goodluck to you all.
Thanks for the reply Dejie4live but you talking abt 48 previous pages. Can pls help me with the page no?
Re: Dv Lottery 2012 Winner Meet Here by temmytanny(m): 8:32am On Jun 19, 2012
brightmon:
Thanks for the reply Dejie4live but you talking abt 48 previous pages. Can pls help me with the page no?
click here bright

https://www.nairaland.com/dejie4live/posts/1

(1) (2) (3) ... (47) (48) (49) (50) (51) (52) (53) ... (92)

8 Things You Need To Know About New Zealand / U.S. Student Visa (F1, M1, & J1) Forum - We're Listening / Likely Questions By Usa Consular During Interview For Tourist Visa And Response

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 96
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.