Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,842 members, 7,872,834 topics. Date: Wednesday, 26 June 2024 at 11:16 PM

EPL Chatroom - All Discussions - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (4869) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / EPL Chatroom - All Discussions (1600174 Views)

EPL 2023/2024: Who Would You Say Is The Flop Of The Season? / EPL: Weekend's Results, Updated Premier League Table And Top Scorers / EPL: Five Things We Learnt From The English Premier League This Weekend (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (4866) (4867) (4868) (4869) (4870) (4871) (4872) ... (4890) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Amigoss: 4:54pm On Jun 21
Theflint1:
Person go see this your post think say LP don win governorship for Lagos and every other state. The thing that made BAT of APC lose Lagos and two weeks later Sanwoolu of APC won same Lagos with ease is the same thing driving support for AI and don't you think it's too early to be going on like this when the results neva comot cheesy

APC supporting LP stands a chance and either way both candidates are better than Okphebolo.

He is actimg like there were no obidients and those who he calls yoruba buts who voted sanwo instead of grv, obidients shared their votes amongst apga,pdp and lp in Enugu with aisha yesufu canvassing for frank nweke apga,same thing might happen in izzou's anambra next year with some prefering soludo....Obi himself said obidients is not for lp,Why this fairness thing come dey bring think pieces....

That lagos wey obi win and the fact their god is not loved by all yorubas in lagos despite the fact he built the state from scratch is an eternal pain and scar to them...

1 Like

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by GloriousGbola: 5:06pm On Jun 21
Theflint1:
But I didn't talk about the educational angle alone, so why draw conclusions only off that? grin

GRVs career has to do with creating architectural designs, it's not a career that leans heavily into management like in banking where you'd have hopped like 4 roles in 7 years. GRV is an architectural designer that worked with some architectural firms early in his career then moved into private practice. He's no less qualified than a banker moving up the ladder.

A doctor that's been practicing for 10 years is no less qualified for a political position than a banker that's been in banking at FCMB or Skye Bank simply because the latter has hopped positions and gotten fancy titles in the process.

Abeg no call GRV. With his mit degree and family connections, the man should have been killing it in the aec industry. You would be seeing his firms name on multi high rises or fancy projects in lagos or even billion naira homes

https://spatialtectonics.com/

That is the website of the firm he founded. Me sef I dey shame looking at the poorly done renders and a family house featured boldly as a project.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Segedinho(m): 5:10pm On Jun 21
OasisX:
grin

.....2 living things dey compete for who dûmb pass. LOL!

Guess Legs dey pain Olumide here, that's why he addressed Ọba while standing.

https://twitter.com/X_Dailly/status/1802243890256183366?t=9IFO9F9fWTg6PtjjEh6--g&s=19

Do you want to see obi standing before the oba of Benin?

It is disrespectful to address the oba while standing..the Oba of Benin can/will other you to stand up when he is satisfied with your respect. .....

You don't badge in with a request while standing....there is a reason he is called "the next god" in benin..
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by GloriousGbola: 5:12pm On Jun 21
raumdeuter:

This so called architectural designs that GRV has been working on and creating, Can you give us his business website so we can check his works and his clients plus achievements in the field? Abi that should be the minimum expected of an entrepreneur

I am sure there are architectural firms in Lagos where you can see their work online. If you want to build and are thinking of hiring GRV, what works will you see to make you hire him

For example Asue you can check his company's profile online, Same with Olumide's Templars.
Now lets see what GRV was doing post NYSC before politics in his field that is better than being a treasurer and division head at a bank

I didn't see this before I posted. Anyone working on the aec industry in some capacity will come across really fancy arc designs. That stuff on spatial tectonics fp is the same quality as the hustler architects you see on NL.

Let Theflint1 who is into 3d visualisation tell us that this is what you expect from an MIT grad with access to capital and connections
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by izzou(m): 5:15pm On Jun 21
I firmly believe that political parties should be punished if their candidate fails. Na why i no fit separate Tinubu from Buhari and APC

Matawalle, our Minister of Defence, is on EFCC's list for embezzling billions, coupled with the fact that he governed a state that nobody here would live for free

If APC had lost, these kind of people would have been retired politically, and even prosecuted.

If a party fails, sweep them off..

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Segedinho(m): 5:19pm On Jun 21
izzou:
I firmly believe that political parties should be punished if their candidate fails. Na why i no fit separate Tinubu from Buhari and APC

Matawalle, our Minister of Defence, is on EFCC's list for embezzling billions, coupled with the fact that he governed a state that nobody here would live for free

If APC had lost, these kind of people would have been retired politically, and even prosecuted.

If a party fails, sweep them off..
Wish a law can be passed to prevent a ruling party from taking part in the subsequent elections,it would have been much better..

The issue of theft and cover up would have been nipped...

Just like Obaseki trying to bring in AI to cover up some shit...
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by raumdeuter: 5:22pm On Jun 21
Segedinho:

Wish a law can be passed to prevent a ruling party from taking part in the subsequent elections,it would have been much better..

What happens if the people think the ruling party did well and should continue like in Lagos State
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by raumdeuter: 5:24pm On Jun 21
GloriousGbola:

I didn't see this before I posted. Anyone working on the aec industry in some capacity will come across really fancy arc designs. That stuff on spatial tectonics fp is the same quality as the hustler architects you see on NL.

Let Theflint1 who is into 3d visualisation tell us that this is what you expect from an MIT grad with access to capital and connections

Especially someone who has done better than SanwoOlu a Bank Treasurer by age 29 and Head of a division by 35yrs

GRV cannot match any of the APC candidates in Lagos state since 1999 achievement for achievement before age 40

Tinubu was treasurer for Exxonmobil
Fashola was a SAN
SanwoOlu was a division head
Ambode was head in public service
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by izzou(m): 5:24pm On Jun 21
Segedinho:

We don't need any law. The people themselves should be able to think!

I watched a reel where Buba Galadima was told that poor people are dying because of hardship, and he bluntly said "Let them die"

He went on to explain that the poor people are our problem, because they will sell their conscience, vote nonsense and then start wailing for the next 4 years.

1 Like

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Segedinho(m): 5:30pm On Jun 21
izzou:

I watched a reel where Buba Galadima was told that poor people are dying because of hardship, and he bluntly said "Let them die"

He went on to explain that the poor people are our problem, because they will sell their conscience, vote nonsense and then start wailing for the next 4 years.

Do you really believe that the decision of the people really matters in Nigeria today?

We all saw what happened in river and this has been going on except rare cases where the people at the helms were soft

1 Like 1 Share

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Segedinho(m): 5:31pm On Jun 21
raumdeuter:

What happens if the people think the ruling party did well and should continue like in Lagos State

Well,the law is the law....the disadvantage weigh higher than d advantage in a corrupt country like Nigeria
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by GloriousGbola: 5:36pm On Jun 21
Segedinho:

Do you really believe that the decision of the people really matters in Nigeria today?

We all saw what happened in river and this has been going on except rare cases where the people at the helms were soft

The irony is that it is under the apc administration that you love to hate that there is a strong push for lg autonomy. And this push was started by Buhari. If the lgs get true financial autonomy and lg chairmen do not depend on governors for handouts the political equation in every state will change

https://punchng.com/lg-autonomy-supreme-court-reserves-judgment/
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by raumdeuter: 5:36pm On Jun 21
izzou:

Sorry Buba Galadima is not right.

Its not the poor who chose the candidates for elections, its the rich who chose these people

So after the rich collect $25k In Abuja Presidential primary, Port Harcourt Presidential primary, Lagos Presidential primary each to chose garbage candidates to represent the flag, they now want to blame the poor for collecting N5k or 1 loaf of bread

Abi how did all the frontline presidential candidates get their tickets if they didnt bribe rich party elders

Obaseki was alleged to have paid N15bn to PDP "tax collectors" for ticket, Ize Iyamu sef go don drop his own to APC but we wan blame Mama Odion and Baba Osaretin for collecting N5k

Abi those wey dey visit Galadima for endorsements wey he dey give, shey na 5k Naira den dey give am?
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by izzou(m): 5:46pm On Jun 21
raumdeuter:

Sorry Buba Galadima is not right.

Its not the poor who chose the candidates for elections, its the rich who chose these people

So after the rich collect $25k In Abuja Presidential primary, Port Harcourt Presidential primary, Lagos Presidential primary each to chose garbage candidates to represent the flag, they now want to blame the poor for collecting N5k or 1 loaf of bread

Abi how did all the frontline presidential candidates get their tickets if they didnt bribe rich party elders

Obaseki was alleged to have paid N15bn to PDP "tax collectors" for ticket, Ize Iyamu sef go don drop his own to APC but we wan blame Mama Odion and Baba Osaretin for collecting N5k

Abi those wey dey visit Galadima for endorsements wey he dey give, shey na 5k Naira den dey give am?

How many parties contested the Presidential election, and how many shared dollars in their primaries?
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Amigoss: 5:48pm On Jun 21
Segedinho:

Do you want to see obi standing before the oba of Benin?

It is disrespectful to address the oba while standing..the Oba of Benin can/will other you to stand up when he is satisfied with your respect. .....

You don't badge in with a request while standing....there is a reason he is called "the next god" in benin..

Is the way you are spelling it out to him, Omoluabi wan dey stand,pocket greet Oba cheesy....

If tinubu was still agile and his two legs balance for ground,we for dey see pics of am dey kneel or roll for floor in front of omo'n'oba grin
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by raumdeuter: 5:52pm On Jun 21
izzou:

How many parties contested the Presidential election, and how many shared dollars in their primaries?

All the major parties ticket were "bought". The only person I fit exonerate na Kwankwanso cos na him create him own party.

Shey Galadima no dey collect money or favors for his endorsements? but na poor people he wan blame after he collect dollars from Tinubu Obi or Atiku

Galadima no go ever endorse Sowore or those poor candidates
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by izzou(m): 6:00pm On Jun 21
raumdeuter:

All the major parties ticket were "bought". The only person I fit exonerate na Kwankwanso cos na him create him own party.

Shey Galadima no dey collect money or favors for his endorsements? but na poor people he wan blame after he collect dollars from Tinubu Obi or Atiku

Galadima no go ever endorse Sowore or those poor candidates

So why the poor people no vote Kwankwaso?
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by OasisX: 6:05pm On Jun 21
izzou:

So why the poor people no vote Kwankwaso?

grin

....perhaps raumdeuter ain't aware voters do sell their votes on Election day as well.

1 Like

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by BlueRayDick: 6:19pm On Jun 21
izzou:

He is mad for blaming the people for the failure of the political class .

The fact that he even thinks like that shows most of them are so detached from reality of the common man in this country .

In the real sense of things , how many votes can politicians actually buy to win election ? Most times poor people vote for nonsense politicians not because of the money they flashed in their face but fraudulent campaign promises the politicians will later fail to fulfill.

For example Buba Galadima was Buhari’s wingman for years in the CPC . When CPC later merged with ACN and others to form APC; Buhari had his shot at presidency and campaigned making lots of promises that centered around change . A lot of people bought into it and for 8 years all Buhari did was either having Femi Adesina deny he ever made such promises or claiming he has done his best without any visible evidence .

How much money did Buhari spend to buy votes ? I can bet he didn’t spend 1/10 of what Jonathan had in the war chest in 2014/2015.

Even for governorship and house of assembly elections it is almost the same thing . U see a governorship or HOA candidate going to backwater riverine communities where they don’t have electricity , pipe borne water , schools etc . They go promise them social amenities when voted in. After election they renege on their promise and then use incumbency power to win re-election .

I believe the fraction of people who sell their vote for money cannot really win politicians elections , that’s why they resort to other gimmicks like introducing campaign promises they can’t fulfill , tribalism , religious sentiments , etc to get more voters to their side .
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by raumdeuter: 6:20pm On Jun 21
OasisX:

grin

....perhaps ramdeuter ain't aware voters do sell their votes on Election day as well.

Poor collect on election day, rich collect for primaries so who is to blame
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by iamoyindamola(m): 7:18pm On Jun 21

22 years ago today, one of the most SCANDALOUS and OUTRAGEOUS refereeing in a World Cup took place. Italy and South Korea (2002 World Cup host) were facing each other in the Round of 16. Byron Moreno was the referee, and he went down in history:

➜ 3': penalty for Korea after a non-existent foul, Buffon saves it
➜ 49': Kim Tae-Young (who already had a yellow card) elbows Del Piero. Should have been a red...
➜ 90': Lee Chun-Soo kicks Maldini in the head on a 50-50 ball on the ground
➜ First half of extra time: clear penalty against Totti. Moreno books him for the second time and sends him off after two yellows...
➜ 110': Tommasi scores a valid goal, Moreno overturns it...

😱 With three minutes to go on extra time, Ahn Jung-Hwan scores the winner, knocking the Azzurri out. Jung-Hwan actually played in Italy at the time, and his club, Perugia, terminated his contract after the World Cup.

🤯 And the referee? Moreno would stop refereeing a year later after many suspensions and suspicions of match fixing in Ecuador. In 2010, he got arrested in New York trying to smuggle six kilos of heroin into the United States.

##Copied

I remember this game well well
Even though I wanted Korea to win I was clueless to what the ref was doing I never cared anyways.
Fvcking Italians 😂😂

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by BlueRayDick: 7:32pm On Jun 21
iamoyindamola:

##Copied

I remember this game well well
Even though I wanted Korea to win I was clueless to what the ref was doing I never cared anyways.
Fvcking Italians 😂😂

I don’t remember watching this match because of the awkward timing of Korea-Japan , but I remembered the Portugal Vs Netherlands 2006. Almost everyone on the pitch copped either a yellow card or red card .

Blatter weyrey even trolled the ref that he should’ve given himself a yellow card for the officiating of the match 😂
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Segedinho(m): 7:45pm On Jun 21
GloriousGbola:

The irony is that it is under the apc administration that you love to hate that there is a strong push for lg autonomy. And this push was started by Buhari. If the lgs get true financial autonomy and lg chairmen do not depend on governors for handouts the political equation in every state will change

https://punchng.com/lg-autonomy-supreme-court-reserves-judgment/
I believe you know how many of "FG wants to" without any results we have witnessed

We heard Oronsaye,regional and bla bla bla...these are distractions that have been planned .....

I don't take any proposition from the APC serious...
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by GloriousGbola: 7:47pm On Jun 21
Segedinho:

I believe you know how many of "FG wants to" without any results we have witnessed

We heard Oronsaye,regional and bla bla bla...these are distractions that have been planned .....

I don't take any proposition from the APC serious...

The fg has taken state governments to court. How does that translate to fg plans to and not fg is actually doing?
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Segedinho(m): 7:49pm On Jun 21
GloriousGbola:

The fg has taken state governments to court. How does that translate to fg plans to and not fg is actually doing?
Ok. ..let's see d outcome.....
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by OasisX: 8:04pm On Jun 21
raumdeuter:

Poor collect on election day, rich collect for primaries so who is to blame

grin

Everyone.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by PDPGuy: 8:21pm On Jun 21
It looks like Abuja read my comment on this thread a few days ago, and decided to take heed to my advice on selling some of the presidential jets😁
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Roland17(m): 8:41pm On Jun 21
Ibime:

Cappadona.

Celebrations built on faulty foundation and the wackest winning diss track of all time

Hahaha. Make your boy sellout Teslim Balogun for him own victory lap because we will not accept anything from Toronto, Canada. grin

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by raumdeuter: 8:43pm On Jun 21
PDPGuy:
It looks like Abuja read my comment on this thread a few days ago, and decided to take heed to my advice on selling some of the presidential jets😁

Senior adviser to Emilokan

PDP dey chop under APC

This thing don dey favor you and your family be that
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by BlueRayDick: 9:05pm On Jun 21
PDPGuy:

Buhari also put the jets for sale and ended up not selling any of them . Let’s hope Tinubu’s government eventually sells them.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Ibime(m): 9:46pm On Jun 21
Roland17:

Hahaha. Make your boy sellout Teslim Balogun for him own victory lap because we will not accept anything from Toronto, Canada. grin

grin grin grin

I no get boy in the race. I just hate that KDot claims to represent real Hiphop and is misrepresenting with wack diss tracks and primary school rhymes
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by PDPGuy: 9:51pm On Jun 21
raumdeuter:

Senior adviser to Emilokan

PDP dey chop under APC

This thing don dey favor you and your family be that
Yes oh 😂😂

(1) (2) (3) ... (4866) (4867) (4868) (4869) (4870) (4871) (4872) ... (4890) (Reply)

Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 / Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion

Viewing this topic: liveLongNprospa(m), DammyOlu123(m), Ibime(m) and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.