Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,871 members, 7,872,887 topics. Date: Thursday, 27 June 2024 at 02:17 AM

EPL Chatroom - All Discussions - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (4870) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / EPL Chatroom - All Discussions (1600475 Views)

EPL 2023/2024: Who Would You Say Is The Flop Of The Season? / EPL: Weekend's Results, Updated Premier League Table And Top Scorers / EPL: Five Things We Learnt From The English Premier League This Weekend (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (4867) (4868) (4869) (4870) (4871) (4872) (4873) ... (4890) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Roland17(m): 10:20pm On Jun 21
Ibime:

grin grin grin

I no get boy in the race. I just hate that KDot claims to represent real Hiphop and is misrepresenting with wack diss tracks and primary school rhymes

Baba, KDot has stayed within the rap genre and hasn't strayed too far even after commercializing. Real hip hops artists are few today and mostly not mainstream.

If wack disses were enough to bury Drake den maybe Drake no reach the level for him to stress his brain for better rhymes.. grin

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Ibime(m): 10:29pm On Jun 21
Roland17:

Baba, KDot has stayed within the rap genre and hasn't strayed too far even after commercializing. Real hip hops artists are few today and are mostly not mainstream.

If wack disses were enough to bury Drake den maybe Drake no reach the level for him to stress his brain for better rhymes.. grin

Rap battle nor be football wey you go park bus after scoring, you must show your skills and obliterate your opponent. Those off beat rhymes were a disgrace.

The one that killed it for me was when he tried to fit in "Malibus most wanted" at the end of a bar after knowing he's run out of space to say his rhyme on beat. You know what I'm talking about nigga. That guy was violating rhyme patterns and timing every 4 bars on that diss track. Disgusting.

Rabbit hole is still deep, I can go further, I promise/
Ain't that somethin'? B-Rad stands for bitch
And you Malibu most wanted
/
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Roland17(m): 10:49pm On Jun 21
Ibime:

Rap battle nor be football wey you go park bus after scoring, you must show your skills and obliterate your opponent. Those off beat rhymes were a disgrace.

The one that killed it for me was when he tried to fit in "Malibus most wanted" at the end of a bar after knowing he's run out of space to say his rhyme on beat. You know what I'm talking about nigga. That guy was violating rhyme patterns and timing every 4 bars on that diss track. Disgusting.

/

He was dissing Drake and he most definitely buried it. The last time we checked, it has been over 24 hours and Drake has remained buried.

You make a good point I will admit because I observed bits of it. His rhyme transitions within verses were not exactly great. Also, there were lines where he stretched himself too far trying to get one sequence together and it affected the rhythm to the beat. But again, it doesn’t question his rap abilities because over and over again he has shown he is above those standards.

Considering the quick turnarounds of his responses, I will most definitely give him a pass but it no way understates the disses.

Like you know, diss tracks are primarily about the lyrics and how low you can go..and he sure went deeper than 6 ft to keep Drake buried.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Ibime(m): 10:56pm On Jun 21
Roland17:

You make a good point I will admit because I observed bits of it. His rhyme transitions within verses were not exactly great. Also, there were lines where he stretched himself too far trying to get one sequence together and it affected the rhythm to the beat. But again, it doesn’t question his rap abilities because over and over again he has shown he is above those standards.

The truth shall set you free. He did it throughout that song with off-rhymes, forced rhymes and off beat rhymes. It's one of the worst diss tracks to ever grace such media attention.

24 hours turnaround is no excuse. Time constraints is what exposes flaws in skill level. A good rapper will turnaround with rhyming perfection in 6 hours. No wonder KDot only drops album every 4 years. Too much effort to cover lack of skill.

The internet simply wanted him to win, while Drake himself was scoring own goals by singing and getting emotional. Even if Eedris Abdulkarim wrote KDot rhymes, he would have won cos people are tired of Drake like they are tired of Wike

As for whether KDot is a world class lyricist/rhymer, I disagree. He has never said anything that blew my mind. That nigga is pure marketing. After rhyming some nonsense, they will start dissecting lyrics upandan and even adding entendres he didn't mean because he couldn't craft his punchline in a way that makes instant impact with the listener. I know 10 rappers in New York alone infinitely more skilled than him. I prefer a full on commercial wack rapper than an imposter like KDot who doesn't have it but claiming it.

1 Like

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Roland17(m): 11:44pm On Jun 21
Ibime:

The truth shall set you free. He did it throughout that song with off-rhymes, forced rhymes and off beat rhymes. It's one of the worst diss tracks to ever grace such media attention.

24 hours turnaround is no excuse. Time constraints is what exposes flaws in skill level. A good rapper will turnaround with rhyming perfection in 6 hours. No wonder KDot only drops album every 4 years. Too much effort to cover lack of skill.

The internet simply wanted him to win, while Drake himself was scoring own goals by singing and getting emotional. Even if Eedris Abdulkarim wrote KDot rhymes, he would have won cos people are tired of Drake like they are tired of Wike

As for whether KDot is a world class lyricist/rhymer, I disagree. He has never said anything that blew my mind. That nigga is pure marketing. After rhyming some nonsense, they will start dissecting lyrics upandan and even adding entendres he didn't mean because he couldn't craft his punchline in a way that makes instant impact with the listener. I know 10 rappers in New York alone infinitely more skilled than him. I prefer a full on commercial wack rapper than an imposter like KDot who doesn't have it but claiming it.

Naaaaaa, I won’t let you do that. Drake was never a match for KDot, especially for disses, irrespective and it wasn’t close, it’s exactly why the diss tracks, as wack as they were for you were enough to cremate Drake. For me, the only reason this looked like a contest anyways was because of Drake notoriety, nothing more. Drake needs to pick his battles and know his boundaries, no be everything he about money.

Isn’t it ironic that you use KDot, which is his original and underground name when he first started with mix tapes and rap battles in Compton as a high school kid? Naaaa fam, you probably need to go back, I mean way back to give the man his due because man earned the game. Man did not just appear from thin, it is the reason he can pull every rap clan in LA on the same stage with no fights or beefs afterwards because he is underground despite going mainstream.

Knowing your rap antecedents, I know you have a thing for non-mainstream, underground versus commercial, so I get and not shocked you don’t fancy KDot. You can’t take away his greatness because of some issues with a diss track which buried the imposter Drake. Naaaaaa. His albums, singles and mixtapes are there for everyone. He has had a go at J. Cole and some of the best out there. Naaaaaa.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Ibime(m): 12:11am On Jun 22
Roland17:

Naaaaaa, I won’t let you do that. Drake was never a match for KDot, especially for disses, irrespective and it wasn’t close, it’s exactly why the diss tracks, as wack as they were for you were enough to cremate Drake. For me, the only reason this looked like a contest anyways was because of Drake notoriety, nothing more. Drake needs to pick his battles and know his boundaries, no be everything he about money.

Error.

Skillwise Drake was vastly superior in the beef, he simply got his MESSAGING wrong.

Drake = superior skills with wrong messaging

Kendrick = wack skills with the right messaging

Compare the rubbish Kendrick spat on "They not like us", rhyming Compton, Mama and Options as end rhymes. I mean what kind of rubbish is this, from a so-called seasoned rapper

What's up with these jabroni-ass niggas tryna see Compton /
The industry can hate me, fück 'em all and they mama /
How many opps you really got? I mean, it's too many options/

The above is WACK, what I would expect from someone who first picked up a pen 6 months ago.

The below is lyricism, although the messaging is wrong. Keep count how many bars Drake is rhyming multisylabically below. The skill difference is vast, just that the messaging is wrong.

I am a war general, seasoned in preparation/
My jacket is covered in medals, honor and decoration/
You waited for this moment, overcome with the desperation/
We plotted for a week and then we fed you the information/
A daughter that's eleven years old, I bet he takes it/
We thought about giving a fake name or a destination/
But you so thirsty, you not concerned with investigation/
Instead you in a Venice Studio, it's a celebration/
You gotta learn to fact check things and be less impatient/
Your fans are rejoicin', thinkin' this is my expiration/
Even the picture you used, the jokes and the medication/
The Maybach glove and the drug he uses for less inflation/
Master manipulator, you bit on the speculation/
You dumb and reactive, nigga, I'm petty with dedication/
What about the bones we dug up in that excavation?/
And why isn't Whitney denyin' all of the allegations?//

The above is 16 bars of maintaining integrity of his flow on beat with the same rhyme scheme, and same topic. That's skill, even though his angle and message is the wrong one to take.

These are the things rappers pick up and appreciate. Then immediately into a 4 bar 4 syllable flow, all with perfect timing while the other guy is rhyming Mama, Options and Compton off-beat.

Why is she following Dave Free and not Mr. Morale/
You haven't seen the kids in six months, the distance is wild/
Dave leaving heart emojis underneath pics of the child
Speakin' of anything with a child, let's get to that now/

6 Likes

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Android17: 12:26am On Jun 22
You got time to educate fools.
grin

1 Like

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Ballzproblemm: 1:33am On Jun 22
Android17:
You got time to educate fools. grin
what makes him a fool

1 Like

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Roland17(m): 1:51am On Jun 22
Ibime:

Error.

Skillwise Drake was vastly superior in the beef, he simply got his MESSAGING wrong.

Compare the rubbish Kendrick spat on "They not like us", rhyming Compton, Mama and Options as end rhymes. I mean what kind of rubbish is this, from a so-called seasoned rapper

The above is WACK, what I would expect from someone who first picked up a pen 6 months ago.

The below is lyricism, although the messaging is wrong. Keep count how many bars Drake is rhyming multisylabically below. The skill difference is vast, just that the messaging is wrong.

The above is 16 bars of maintaining integrity of his flow on beat with the same rhyme scheme, and same topic. That's skill, even though his angle and message is the wrong one to take.

These are the things rappers pick up and appreciate. Then immediately into a 4 bar 4 syllable flow, all with perfect timing while the other guy is rhyming Mama, Options and Compton off-beat.

Aje, don’t disrespect rap!

This is quite generous coming from Drake who used juvenile lyrics and monophonic singing which appeals to juveniles. I’d rather a requiem chant by the Pope during mass than what you are celebrating.

How much of what you put up there is AI generated or paid for by Drake in the diss? Naaa. Isn’t this the 2nd time he is fleeing a rap beef? We are talking about Drake who was paying people money to get lyrics for this diss? Naa..

You can pick out issues with some of KDots but fam don’t even try to compare with the imposter Drake who is trying really hard to belong.

Where is the skill in these lyrics?

“I am a war general, seasoned in preparation/ my jacket is covered in medals, honor and decoration”

What is a war general supposed to be decorated with? Cowries? There is a reason he became a general. No war general goes to war unprepared. What is exactly cerebral about the lyric above?

It’s the reason why those lyrics are easy to fit into beats and rhymes because they are dead cheap and easy to fit into a single 4 bar cadence, there are no word plays that makes it hard. I can go on and on about those lyrics.

Those lyrics can’t fit a 4 bar cadence in “double time”, he would choke on his tongue 200%. Drake can easily use 4 bar cadence in single time because singers use it( that is what he is anyways), it is easy, there is nothing hard about it, it is basic. This is why I raised KDot stretching himself too far because he was going for the “hooks” (8 bars).

“You waited for this moment, overcome with the desperation/ “

I mean come on man! Really?

Na bro!

3 Likes

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Android17: 1:59am On Jun 22
Ballzproblemm:
what makes him a fool
It is never a crime to say "I don't know".

1 Like

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by A40(m): 2:27am On Jun 22
Lool. When 4th and 5th graders are singing and telling you Freaky ass nigga to stay your ass inside you've lost the beef in my eyes

Rap beef is primarily to crush and defame your opponent which K.Dot has done. Not over sabi lyrics. They are battling for the masses not a panel of hip hop heads.
Dot was not powered by any kin lyricism finesse.
This man was fueled by pure hate and I can respect that without over analyzing the bars

Besides Kendrick's body of work already shows he has nothing to prove lyrically. Drake can't go band for band with him there. Abinibi yato so ability

Pop rapper Drake simply can't compare. And in this instance Drake was beaten at his own commercial game via battle record to boot

If I wan even listen to peak lyricism on a diss track I listen to Pest Control by The Game not Drake's weak ass tracks

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Android17: 2:45am On Jun 22
Everyone is entitled to their preference but not their facts. Verbiage is not masking the ignorance. Just learn as technicians talk about their craft.

2 Likes

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Amoto94(m): 6:45am On Jun 22
Ibime:

Error.

These are the things rappers pick up and. Then immediately into a 4 bar 4 posyllable flow, all with perfect timing while the other is rhyming Mama, Options and Compton off-beat.

Oga Ibime these are basic rhymes that Drake dropped, while Kendrick went hard and exposed the fraud that's claiming to represent hip-hop.
Drake should stop beefing his betters he chopped serious flogging from Commons, Pusha T and Drake these are the names I can remember in the last decade yet he's still doing strong head.

4 Likes

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by KingTom(m): 7:46am On Jun 22
A40:
Lool. When 4th and 5th graders are singing and telling you Freaky ass nigga to stay your ass inside you've lost the beef in my eyes

Rap beef is primarily to crush and defame your opponent which K.Dot has done. Not over sabi lyrics. They are battling for the masses not a panel of hip hop heads.
Dot was not powered by any kin lyricism finesse.
This man was fueled by pure hate and I can respect that without over analyzing the bars

Besides Kendrick's body of work already shows he has nothing to prove lyrically. Drake can't go band for band with him there. Abinibi yato so ability

Pop rapper Drake simply can't compare. And in this instance Drake was beaten at his own commercial game via battle record to boot

If I wan even listen to peak lyricism on a diss track I listen to Pest Control by The Game not Drake's weak ass tracks
I was waiting for you grin

4 Likes

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by GloriousGbola: 7:57am On Jun 22
Ibime right now

2 Likes

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by liveLongNprospa(m): 8:23am On Jun 22
Theflint1 how was AI's performance as chair of Nig Breweries?
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Ibime(m): 8:28am On Jun 22
Roland17:

It’s the reason why those lyrics are easy to fit into beats and rhymes because they are dead cheap and easy to fit into a single 4 bar cadence, there are no word plays that makes it hard. I can go on and on about those lyrics.

Those lyrics can’t fit a 4 bar cadence in “double time”, he would choke on his tongue 200%. Drake can easily use 4 bar cadence in single time because singers use it( that is what he is anyways), it is easy, there is nothing hard about it, it is basic. This is why I raised KDot stretching himself too far because he was going for the “hooks” (8 bars).

grin grin grin

Which 8 bar setups was KDot using?

Make I rest jare, I don't think you know how to count bars

I believe you are trying to say KDot was using double-timing. No he was not. There was no structure to his rhymes

He was using basic 2 or 4 bars with single syllable rhyme-schemes, he wasn't double timing, he was tripping over his tongue to try to fit his end rhymes onto the snares and he was failing woefully, and going off beat
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Ibime(m): 8:37am On Jun 22
Roland17:

How much of what you put up there is AI generated or paid for by Drake in the diss? Naaa. Isn’t this the 2nd time he is fleeing a rap beef? We are talking about Drake who was paying people money to get lyrics for this diss? Naa..

I haven't listened to a full Drake project since 2009 in his mixtape era. The last time I heard a project in full was on a cross-country drive with my friend who was playing one of his album in the car and it was full of mumble raps.

BUT. . . . Drakes core style is well known to anyone with an ear for rap. It is competent and modelled on Phonte of Little brother in cadence. It ticks all the criteria of a competent rapper. The style he used on Take Heart 6 is his core style.

Drake uses ghostwriters for hooks, melodies and mumble raps which are vastly inferior to his core rhyming style. That is just to appeal to the wack young generation of mumble fans. That's like saying Nas is getting ghostwriting help from Lil Cease. It doesn't work, when Nas is infinitely better than Lil Cease and Nas core style is a predictable product. You need to separate Drake the Commercial artist who floods the market with 80% jingles, and look for his core rhyming style in the other 20% of his work.

How can this wack nigga Quentin Miller that can't rhyme be the one behind Drakes pen. Drake only used him for hooks, melodies and slangs. Anyone with a HipHop ear would know that instantly

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TjTppGoU7y4?si=zSp9b_bSjML2hhXy
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by afrodoc2: 9:33am On Jun 22
Drake vs KDot aka The battle of Mid(way).

KDot won sha. When the streets start playing your opps diss song and laughing at you, you have lost.

2 Likes

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by seankafor(m): 9:43am On Jun 22
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Amoto94(m): 10:00am On Jun 22
seankafor:
https://Twitter.com/PIDOMNIGERIA/status/1804418235275628775?t=HbwPzGWRpMaANHZZmTs_9w&s=19

What's with these GMO foods
There are genuine concerns regarding the safety and viability of GMO products. Indian farmers suffered heavy losses after being given GMO seeds to plant some years ago, there's also the risk of cancer associated with GMO products, some countries have stringent legislation against GMO despite pushback by GMO lobbyists
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by GloriousGbola: 10:10am On Jun 22
Amoto94:

There are genuine concerns regarding the safety and viability of GMO products. Indian farmers suffered heavy losses after being given GMO seeds to plant some years ago, there's also the risk of cancer associated with GMO products, some countries have stringent legislation against GMO despite pushback by GMO lobbyists

Source?
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Amoto94(m): 10:38am On Jun 22
GloriousGbola:

Source?
You know where to look
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Amigoss: 10:40am On Jun 22
grin

4 Likes

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by GloriousGbola: 10:45am On Jun 22
Amoto94:

You know where to look

https://www.downtoearth.org.in/news/food/known-unknowns-india-s-apex-food-regulator-has-no-data-on-presence-of-gmos-in-fresh-produce-imported-over-past-5-years-92757#:~:text=In%20India%2C%20the%20Food%20Safety,%2C%20a%20non%2Dfood%20crop.

In India, the Food Safety and Standards Act, 2006, prohibits import, manufacture, use or sale of GM food without FSSAI’s approval. So far, the country has allowed cultivation and import of only one GMO — cotton, a non-food crop. In 2022, India also allowed commercial cultivation of GM mustard, but the move has been challenged and is pending at the Supreme Court.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by iamoyindamola(m): 10:51am On Jun 22
I saw this video on x yesterday
It happened in Lagos, the way this country they go
Nothing fit save us

https://www.nairaland.com/8132257/lagos-killers-use-okada-run
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by nihilistjnr: 11:03am On Jun 22
Ibime:

/

I dont think you're aware of Drakeo the ruler - Kendrick was paying homage to Drakeo with that whole flow and beat sef. He even brought out Drakeo's protege - Remble - who's semi retired to perform at the concert this week.

1 Like

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Amigoss: 11:08am On Jun 22
iamoyindamola:
I saw this video on x yesterday
It happened in Lagos, the way this country they go
Nothing fit save us

https://www.nairaland.com/8132257/lagos-killers-use-okada-run

Perhaps Oja ti burst,na those folks fit dey this heartless
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by seankafor(m): 11:43am On Jun 22

1 Like

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Amigoss: 11:47am On Jun 22
My younger bro wan bill me and i dey see screenshot of unilag freshers school fees as 200k plus...

lmao God abeg!!!Ahhhh,Is this the new reality and the renewed hope,na online insults dey pain some people...ok na

5 Likes

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Amoto94(m): 11:51am On Jun 22
Amigoss:
My younger bro wan bill me and i dey see screenshot of unilag freshers school fees as 200k plus...

lmao God abeg!!!Ahhhh,Is this the new reality and the renewed hope and na online insults dey pain some people...ok na
Politics is over this is time for governance, stop complaining you are doing well.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Amigoss: 11:52am On Jun 22
Amoto94:

Politics is over this is time for governance, stop complaining you are doing well.

grin grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (4867) (4868) (4869) (4870) (4871) (4872) (4873) ... (4890) (Reply)

Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 / Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion

Viewing this topic: Ibime(m), LordAdam16 and 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.