Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,270 members, 7,887,790 topics. Date: Friday, 12 July 2024 at 01:51 PM

Sowore Condemns Petition Against Reno Omokri - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Sowore Condemns Petition Against Reno Omokri (44228 Views)

Sowore Condemns Attack On UNIBEN Students By Soldiers / Sowore Condemns Attack On Tinubu-Shettima Bishop At Dei Dei Market In Abuja / Peter Obi: Twitter Disregards Petition Against Reno Omokri, Gives Reason (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Sowore Condemns Petition Against Reno Omokri by kayperry: 3:21pm On Jul 08, 2022
MartinsD12:

You are one of the problem of Nigeria subsidy moniker , who is silencing who people he insulted are teaching him a lesson, all Reno does on Twitter is to abuse people anyhow , talk down on other people's candidate and you see nothing wrong in it , you definitely an unwise subsidy.

Whatever Reno is doing did he start today, for the last 7yrs he has criticised and insulted buhari, with people like Tinubu affiliated to buhari govt were not spared .... Did hausas or yorubas call for Reno head.
Why are the igbos alway crying foul, despite alway dishing out what they can't take, the number of petitions that have come out of igboland against nigerians is a enough to wrap full cow suya.
Reno is entitled to his opinion, whoever that does not like what he says simply unfollow him, In 2019 he used the same platform to support Obi no one called for his head, so why should twitter ban him because he aired a contrary opinion

1 Like

Re: Sowore Condemns Petition Against Reno Omokri by thinkmoney(m): 3:22pm On Jul 08, 2022
JEWELofHELL:

https://twitter.com/YeleSowore/status/1545376089882648579?t=9ikRl0rp8OvN-pNX_QXfCQ&s=19
I don't support shutting down or shutting up Reno Omokri
However, Reno has been using his 'free speech' to deliberately and unashamedly distort the meaning of Peter Obi's speeches to incite the sentiments of the northerners against Obi's candidature.
If 'free speech' is measured in that vein, that is, typing and saying what you like no matter how irresponsible or unjust it is just to achieve an end, then Reno Omokri is being served his own pills.
@peterobigregory @therenomemo @saharareporters
Re: Sowore Condemns Petition Against Reno Omokri by SLOVFO(m): 3:23pm On Jul 08, 2022
Cmanforall:
One of the guys that supported Buhari's campaign in 2015

Some people then speculated Tinubu was bankrolling him.

He would do himself good by being an 'activist' than a politician.

He shouldn't have even declared for 2023 presidency, maybe he would have been a supporter for a progressive presidential candidate

Stale. This is a movement to liberate Nigeria it's not an igbo thing

1 Like

Re: Sowore Condemns Petition Against Reno Omokri by Everlastingson: 3:26pm On Jul 08, 2022
Subsidywise20:

Lai specifically said that it was because Twitter was being used by enemies of Nigeria...and even then it was wrong for him to ban twitter.

Just as it is wrong for Obi supporters to get Reno banned.

Mr , Tweeter has rules. Nobody gets banned if you've not infringed on the rules, even if people are calling for your ban. Because Tweeter has to reference the tweet in question before taking any action. In the case of Reno, he will be banned coz he has mischievously strayed outside the confines of his freedom of expression to hate speech and incitement . Banned he surely will be. He calls himself a pastor but is greedy of filthy lucre.
Re: Sowore Condemns Petition Against Reno Omokri by JudasNaKarrot: 3:27pm On Jul 08, 2022
VoteTinubu2023:
Well written.

Bigot sighted.
Re: Sowore Condemns Petition Against Reno Omokri by TYCO77: 3:28pm On Jul 08, 2022
[color=#000099][/color]
CommonSense1967:
This kind of petition only confirms what I have been saying all along.
These meth cannibals don't care about good governance, democracy or all that noise that are known for.
The only reason why they complain so much is simply because they are not the ones controlling the govt.
These people supported Jonathan when he used the DSS to invade the APC office when Jona was in power. They supported him when Jonathan stopped El Rufai from traveling out of the country for no just reason.
If Obi should win ( which I know is impossible), this people will support and make all sorts of excuses for all his mistakes and excesses.
Just imagine trying to ban someone simply because he has a different point of view, and these are the same fools that will be calling Buhari a dictator even though they are allowed to post and say whatever they want.
These delusional fools will support Peter Obi-tuary to clampdown on anyone with opposite view contrary to theirs.
Bunch of delusional brainwashed retar@ded HYPOCRITES.

Same Jonathan government limited your freedom of speech by banning tweeter in Nigeria and muzzled virtually all electronic print media in Nigeria.
Re: Sowore Condemns Petition Against Reno Omokri by Temptee101(m): 3:28pm On Jul 08, 2022
I follow sign

Reno is gradually going mad, he needs to be tamed

1 Like

Re: Sowore Condemns Petition Against Reno Omokri by Nnannapat(m): 3:30pm On Jul 08, 2022
Subsidywise20:

So, he should be banned.

That means that all IPOB , and Ooduaists and even some CAN and Muric, and APC and Buhari supporters must be banned as well too.

Freedom of speech...so that I know and can counter the bigots. Ban them...they go underground. Danger.
Bro, there is a thin line between freedom of speech and incitement. Every one of us have the right to express himself/herself, but incitement deserves a ban or even a fine.
In Reno's case, his aim is to incite the Northerners against Peter Obi and his supporters, he even went as far as translating what he wrote in English to Hausa just to make sure that the message is widely received.

1 Like

Re: Sowore Condemns Petition Against Reno Omokri by EfonAlaaye2023(m): 3:30pm On Jul 08, 2022
ZUBY77:
Those behind the cyber terror attacks on PETER OBI are revealing themselves one by one.

Before you join them, Remember Wike, Mbaka, Ekweremadu etc.

Nobody can fight whom God has appointed.

This time around, God has decided to punish him directly, whosoever tries to bring his annointed down, Whether you are a self acclaimed prophet or priest.

He no longer wants to be patient with Nigeria since we have refused to get it right for over 60 years.

The blood of the innocent endsars victims are still crying up there in Heaven.

All this has been revealed.

you igbo are just mere noisemaker, pity obi will come fourth in this election

continue your noisemaking though, political cruise chaser
Re: Sowore Condemns Petition Against Reno Omokri by kayperry: 3:30pm On Jul 08, 2022
Eddygourdo:
Then give respect before you demand respect. We obidients want our choices respected, then we will respect yours. You dont get to disrespect my choice and expect me to be civil with you. He will not win, he is social media president, he is ipob, he is from osu kingdom, he is 5%, he is this, he is that. what have we not heard. the moment we call mr yekini amoda by his real name or mention the other thief, then you lots start crying foul. c'mon.. Nobody is more Nigerian than the other.

There is no way all Nigerians will be obidient. we understand that. that's why we say and shout that everyone should sell their own candidates. we are selling ours, you people are trying your best to undermine ours instead of selling your candidate. bro....una never begin to see vawulence first. with time it will be clear what is coming.

I cant greet you.....you are the enemy. we are at pseudo warfare

If you can't take the heat simply exit the kitchen, person wey no want criticism have no business aspiring for the number one sit ... GEJ was insulted, pre election buhari was insulted, cursed and people went as far as pronouncing him dead ... infact your darling Peter Obi never see anything let campaign start officially, my advice to all Obedient is to save there strength .. Trust me una cry never start
Re: Sowore Condemns Petition Against Reno Omokri by Nobody: 3:30pm On Jul 08, 2022
Subsidywise20:

Oga, take that petition down.

You are behaving like Buhari and his supporters, banning anyone they do not like.

If you can oppose Buhari banning twitter, but support banning Reno, you are a hypocrite.

Sir, while you make perfect sense with what you wrote up there, you can't deny the fact that Reno has gone far too far with this BS. I mean for someone to turn a simple interview into this isn't just shameful but also wicked. He wrote in Hausa just so he could hide his bile. I for one, don't take Reno serious but this has gone out of hand and none can deny it.

During Kwankwaso's interview, he stated that the Biafran agitation made it difficult for someone from the East to be elected. I didn't see any calls for Kwankwaso's head. I didn't see an Igbo man calling others "not to forget". Obi had a simple interview and a demon in human clothing unleashes itself.

This is wrong to say the least.
Re: Sowore Condemns Petition Against Reno Omokri by Nobody: 3:31pm On Jul 08, 2022
Nnannapat:
Bro, there is a thin line between freedom of speech and incitement. Every one of us have the right to express himself/herself, but incitement deserves a ban or even a fine.
In Reno's case, his aim is to incite the Northerners against Peter Obi and his supporters, he even went as far as translating what he wrote in English to Hausa just to make sure that the message is widely received.

So, you now agree with Buhari that banning twitter because IPOB was necessary?

Be honest.

(I hate all types of bans, Twitter ban inclusive. )
Re: Sowore Condemns Petition Against Reno Omokri by Nobody: 3:32pm On Jul 08, 2022
Moh247:
I am an Ipob miscreant

Everyone knows. No need reminding us.
Re: Sowore Condemns Petition Against Reno Omokri by Nobody: 3:33pm On Jul 08, 2022
DaveDGreat:

Sir, while you make perfect sense with what you wrote up there, you can't deny the fact that Reno has gone far too far with this BS. I mean for someone to turn a simple interview into this isn't just shameful but also wicked. He wrote in Hausa just so he could hide his bile. I for one, don't take Reno serious but this has gone out of hand and none can deny it.

During Kwankwaso's interview, he stated that the Biafran agitation made it difficult for someone from the East to be elected. I didn't see any calls for Kwankwaso's head. I didn't see an Igbo man calling others "not to forget". Obi had a simple interview and a demon in human clothing unleashes itself.

This is wrong to say the least.

So, that means you agree with Lai Mohammed that banning twitter was the right course of action?

Be honest.

People like me, who lived under army rule and saw the nonsense that happened there don't like any ban. Even when twitter banned trump...whom I don't like at all...it was still a sad day for me.

1 Like

Re: Sowore Condemns Petition Against Reno Omokri by Nobody: 3:34pm On Jul 08, 2022
TheRealestGuy:

Reno is inciting ethnic hatred and potential violence with his nauseating rhetorics.

He should be banned from twitter. This isn't 201 when y'all did same and got away with it.

People are awake now wink

Thank you. This is what he's aims to achieve.
Re: Sowore Condemns Petition Against Reno Omokri by ZUBY77(m): 3:35pm On Jul 08, 2022
EfonAlaaye2023:

you igbo are just mere noisemaker, pity obi will come fourth in this election

continue your noisemaking though, political cruise chaser

You people are always the first to profile everyone. And cry foul when your tribe is mentioned too.

I mentioned Mbaka Up there, remember.
Re: Sowore Condemns Petition Against Reno Omokri by inoki247: 3:36pm On Jul 08, 2022
PotatoSalad:

Someone is busy fuelling tribal and religious war and you're calling it freedom of speech?
Reno isn't in Nigeria, but you are. He can walk freely in the US, but when it sets here, you could be butchered like Salah ram on your way home. Continue calling it freedom of speech.

Nnamdi from your region that did the same did you guys report him or create any petition...

You guys are hypocrites once someone isn't dancing to your tunes tears will full everywhere....
Re: Sowore Condemns Petition Against Reno Omokri by Nnannapat(m): 3:36pm On Jul 08, 2022
Subsidywise20:

So, you now agree with Buhari that banning twitter because IPOB was necessary?

Be honest.

(I hate all types of bans, Twitter ban inclusive. )
That's an odd comparison, Buhari banned twitter because his hate speech that violated twitter's policy was pointed out and twitter deleted it.
Re: Sowore Condemns Petition Against Reno Omokri by 4right: 3:37pm On Jul 08, 2022
Just getting to know this through this post.
Make I rush go sign my own.
Reno doesn’t not like this country.
Reno said I quote “I was supporting Tinubu against Osinbanjo because Is easy to beat and campaign against Tinubu “
What kind of man is that,he claimed to be consign about Nigeria but he place his interest above it,all he want is for ATIKU to win.
Even if there are better candidates like Peter Obi and Osinbanjo than him.
If is here in USA ATIKU will still be in Jail.

1 Like

Re: Sowore Condemns Petition Against Reno Omokri by KOE1(m): 3:38pm On Jul 08, 2022
GoooodHardDick:
Nigeria is a failed State under the lifeless One imposed to us by Tinubu 

I keep asking...On what grounds would APC want Nigerians to vote for the party come 2023?

Anyone campaigning for APC despite their bloody failure should be seen as an enemy of Nigeria! 

Nigeria says NO to old ancestors! Peter Obi is the best candidate we have now!!!!

You have no meaningful fact to impose PO on Nigerians...He is a PDP man! On what ground does he emerged a LP candidate under one week? Why didn't you vote Pat. and think PDP candidate is your choice. What gives you an assurance that PO will go beck to PDP if elected? Ask APGA

1 Like

Re: Sowore Condemns Petition Against Reno Omokri by Nobody: 3:38pm On Jul 08, 2022
Nnannapat:
That's an odd comparison, Buhari banned twitter because his hate speech that violated twitter's policy was pointed out and twitter deleted it.

That means that you agree with Buhari's ban of twitter.

I don't and neither do I agree with the obidient mob action.
Re: Sowore Condemns Petition Against Reno Omokri by EfonAlaaye2023(m): 3:39pm On Jul 08, 2022
ZUBY77:

You people are always the first to profile everyone. And cry foul when your tribe is mentioned too.

I mentioned Mbaka Up there, remember.

we never start, you pityobi igbo candidates we regret ever hating Tinubu, Muslims in Nigeria

make your pity obi come and win now, delusional imbeciles
Re: Sowore Condemns Petition Against Reno Omokri by PotatoSalad(m): 3:40pm On Jul 08, 2022
inoki247:

Nnamdi from your region that did the same did you guys report him or create any petition...

You guys are hypocrites once someone isn't dancing to your tunes tears will full everywhere....
I support neither. If you go through my posts, I'm deeply against mnk, ekpa and their ways. So bruv, do what is right because it's right and stop being a bigot.
Re: Sowore Condemns Petition Against Reno Omokri by Eddygourdo(m): 3:41pm On Jul 08, 2022
kayperry:

If you can't take the heat simply exit the kitchen, person wey no want criticism have no business aspiring for the number one sit ... GEJ was insulted, pre election buhari was insulted, cursed and people went as far as pronouncing him dead ... infact your darling Peter Obi never see anything let campaign start officially, my advice to all Obedient is to save there strength .. Trust me una cry never start
we don't cry about being bullied. Na una dey Cry. Oga we are loaded. We full ground. We are ever ready for vawulence. We have our candidates now. They are sellable. People like you with shameful candidates, bro we will make life difficult for una. Don't cry about or wail that we are bullying you sha. We go press una neck tire.
Re: Sowore Condemns Petition Against Reno Omokri by Mysticbabe: 3:41pm On Jul 08, 2022
Whiteangel1234:
Please sign the petition at the link below

https://www.change.org/p/ban-reno-omokri-from-twitter-just-like-trump-was-banned?recruiter=false&utm_source=share_petition&utm_medium=twitter&utm_campaign=psf_combo_share_initial&utm_term=psf_combo_share_initial&recruited_by_id=8bea4040-fe26-11ec-a86c-7dffc906a327&share_bandit_exp=initial-33868228-en-GB

Are you not worse than present Nigeria?
Why should a petition be signed against him? Cos he is not supporting your preferred candidate?
You can speak against Buhari, Atiku, Tinubu, and others but nobody should speak against yours?
Woe betide you all

1 Like

Re: Sowore Condemns Petition Against Reno Omokri by Nobody: 3:41pm On Jul 08, 2022
Subsidywise20:

So, that means you agree with Lai Mohammed that banning twitter was the right course of action?

Be honest.

People like me, who lived under army rule and saw the nonsense that happened there don't like any ban. Even when twitter banned trump...whom I don't like at all...it was still a sad day for me.

No I don't. Many people erk their livelihood from twitter (e-commerce, social media management et al.). So banning twitter would be punishing the innocent for the sins of a few guilty people.

However, people who spew misinformation, fake news and incite ethic hatred/slurs should have their accounts disabled and even arrested if resident in the country. That's the wisest thing to do.
Re: Sowore Condemns Petition Against Reno Omokri by slowice(m): 3:42pm On Jul 08, 2022
Reno is promoting violence against igbos and Christians. If you read his recent tweets you will wonder why a person will be so mischievous all because of politics.

Make I go sign my own sef nonsense
Re: Sowore Condemns Petition Against Reno Omokri by Nnannapat(m): 3:43pm On Jul 08, 2022
Subsidywise20:

That means that you agree with Buhari's ban of twitter.

I don't and neither do I agree with the obidient mob action.

If Reno can pull down his tweet and apologise , he should be pardoned.
But the message has been passed, I signed the petition and donated some money today and I am yet to decide who to vote for at the polls.
Re: Sowore Condemns Petition Against Reno Omokri by fantasy2018: 3:43pm On Jul 08, 2022
where is the link?
Re: Sowore Condemns Petition Against Reno Omokri by Nobody: 3:43pm On Jul 08, 2022
DaveDGreat:

No I don't. Many people erk their livelihood from twitter (e-commerce, social media management et al.). So banning twitter would be punishing the innocent for the sins of a few guilty people.

However, people who spew misinformation, fake news and incite ethic hatred/slurs should have their accounts disabled and even arrested if resident in the country. That's the wisest thing to do.

Which includes a lot of obidient, APC, and PDP supporters, not just Reno.

Plus let them spew forth. They get exposed for all to see.

1 Like

Re: Sowore Condemns Petition Against Reno Omokri by ezechi242: 3:44pm On Jul 08, 2022
Subsidywise20:
Good comment.

It is funny that many of the Obidient fans who were crying against Liar Moh'd for banning twitter are in essence using Liar Moh'd' s methods to ban someone they do not like because he is saying things they hate....

Obi and Buhari and Tinubu and even Atiku geng are all alike.

Obi supporters are the main reason why some of us won't vote for him. If they can restrict Reno's freedom of speech, then they can do it to anyone.

Anyone signing this petition to ban Reno should remember that if you criticised Buhari for banning twitter...yer a hypocrite.

P.S

This comment is meant for all Nigerians, not just Obidients. If we cannot support freedom of speech when it is against us, then we are no better than the current government.

oga carry ur vote go.......we need it not.......give it to the abgado man.
Re: Sowore Condemns Petition Against Reno Omokri by Nobody: 3:45pm On Jul 08, 2022
ezechi242:

oga carry ur vote go.......we need it not.......give it to the abgado man.

I'm not voting for APC, PDP, LP, NNPP, or SDP.

If it makes you sad, then keep crying. I am not responsible for your emotions.

Have a good day.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (16) (Reply)

NIMC Charging 15,000 Naira For Modification Of Date Of Birth? / Massive Crowd Shut Down Imo In Solidarity For Buhari And Rochas Okorocha. Photos / Ugwuanyi Turns Back 100 Vehicles At Enugu-Ebonyi Boundary

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.