Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,175,399 members, 7,894,715 topics. Date: Friday, 19 July 2024 at 02:27 PM

Forex Trade Alerts - Season 2 - Business (22) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Forex Trade Alerts - Season 2 (93831 Views)

Forex Trading - Season 15 / Forex Trading - Season 14 / Forex Trading - Season 13 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) ... (100) (Go Down)

Re: Forex Trade Alerts - Season 2 by Nobody: 6:53am On Sep 16, 2011
swiftz:

Hello house.
Please, there's a slight problem that i v been experiencing, so i tot of seeking your opinion.
I have trading with alpari for some time now. I noticed that sometimes, when the market gets to my take profit, my position doesn't close. and unfortunately for me, the market might just start going against me immediately after getting to my take profit thereby turning an already won trade to a loss, this has left me confused.
are u factoring in the spread?
Re: Forex Trade Alerts - Season 2 by holahabib: 7:00am On Sep 16, 2011
Obviously, most of the people on this thread are not mature, indiscipline and without both of these there's no way you can succeed in the Trading world. This will be my last post here, you can catch me at Forexfactory where real traders dwell. If you are new to trading and really want to learn, i'll suggest you go to forexfactory too. Imagine getting insulted here just because you're behind a keyboard and a screen.
Re: Forex Trade Alerts - Season 2 by swiftz(f): 7:07am On Sep 16, 2011
aguiyi:

are u factoring in the spread?
Please, i dont understand
Re: Forex Trade Alerts - Season 2 by Blogicon1(m): 7:08am On Sep 16, 2011
@Swiftz 2 things are possible here

1. Just like Aguiyi has pointed out, you might not be factoring in your spread into your trade position. Normally, you should give an allowance of about 5 pips to your TP (at least that is the way I trick it out).

I.e if your TP was suppose to be placed at 1.205, you rather place it at 1.200 so that it gets hit before getting to 1.205 cos what happens in most cases is that once it (barely) touches the 1.205 level, it will bounce off very quickly especially when/if the level is a significant level of S or R.

2. Your placement of TP may be wrong (possibly too far and illogical). The tried and tested way to place a TP (in case you might not know) is to place at the next level of significant resistance (in a buy position) or at the next level of support (in a sell trade); remembering to give some 5 pips allowance to the TP level as i pointed out in case 1 above.

That is it. I hope this helps you in some way. Take care and have a nice day.
Re: Forex Trade Alerts - Season 2 by swiftz(f): 7:18am On Sep 16, 2011
Blog icon:

@Swiftz 2 things are possible here

1. Just like Aguiyi has pointed out, you might not be factoring in your spread into your trade position. Normally, you should give an allowance of about 5 pips to your TP (at least that is the way I trick it out).

I.e if your TP was suppose to be placed at 1.205, you rather place it at 1.200 so that it gets hit before getting to 1.205 cos what happens in most cases is that once it (barely) touches the 1.205 level, it will bounce off very quickly especially when/if the level is a significant level of S or R.

2. Your placement of TP may be wrong (possibly too far and illogical). The tried and tested way to place a TP (in case you might not know) is to place at the next level of significant resistance (in a buy position) or at the next level of support (in a sell trade); remembering to give some 5 pips allowance to the TP level as i pointed out in case 1 above.

That is it. I hope this helps you in some way. Take care and have a nice day.
swiftz link=topic=743770.msg9157058#msg9157058 date=1316153249:

Please, i dont understand
Okay.Now, i do understand. thanks.
Re: Forex Trade Alerts - Season 2 by Blogicon1(m): 7:44am On Sep 16, 2011
naijababe:

I love you ECB grin grin, my EJ trade finally moved, would be absolutely glorious if the Chinese complete the move for me cheesy.

kashif, i hope you are watching the DOW? It made Naijababe very happy this week, I opened my position on the DOW on Monday evening at 10850 with a 50 pips risk, it closed at 11320 earlier this afternoon; currently at 11400 but i aint complaining grin. I took a sell on gold at 1820 yesterday too and banked 400 outta that one and my EJ is still running. I'll close on Friday evening if it does not get to my preferred target of 109.00. Shop closed for the week grin grin grin

Catch up with y'all later cool
Nice one dear. I am happy for you O! At least it is good to know that while i lost some $$ from Gold you gained some tongue. See hammering!!! Congrats!
Re: Forex Trade Alerts - Season 2 by Kashif(m): 7:46am On Sep 16, 2011
naijababe:

I love you ECB  grin grin, my EJ trade finally moved, would be absolutely glorious if the Chinese complete the move for me  cheesy.

kashif, i hope you are watching the DOW? It made Naijababe very happy this week, I opened my position on the DOW on Monday evening at 10850 with a 50 pips risk, it closed at 11320 earlier this afternoon; currently at 11400 but i aint complaining  grin. I took a sell on gold at 1820 yesterday too and banked 400 outta that one and my EJ is still running. I'll close on Friday evening if it does not get to my preferred target of 109.00. Shop closed for the week  grin grin grin

Catch up with y'all later  cool

My dear, my broker does not offer indices trading, and work never allow me scout for brokers. Do you know where I can get a demo feel please? Easy with the way you are hammering the markets before your brokers throw you out  grin Congratulations sis; you are on top of your game.

@Blog icon and Aguiyi, what swiftz is complaining about Alpari is not a matter of spread IMO. I have posted about that issue on this thread when somebody was looking for assistance on choosing a broker.  Alpari ignores TPs and pending orders even when it is clear that price moved more than 15pips past that point. It has happened to me many times, and that is one of the things I have against Alpari.

@swiftz, if you are trading live, consider leaving Alpari.
Re: Forex Trade Alerts - Season 2 by Danielqwer: 7:47am On Sep 16, 2011
https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-758540.0.html

Follow my thread daily for technical analysis / trade signals on major fx pairs, crude oil, ftse 100 & Dow Jones.
Re: Forex Trade Alerts - Season 2 by pippimp(m): 7:52am On Sep 16, 2011
wow! a forex thread on NL. hope i'll learn something new.
Re: Forex Trade Alerts - Season 2 by Kashif(m): 7:56am On Sep 16, 2011
stagger:

I'd say you are dumb, and stu, pid! angry

is it that up till now, you cannot see that the aim of this thread is purely informative and to help everyone and not the "I AM THE BEST" selfish attitude you are trying to put up here?

Very uncalled for; take it easy abeg.
Re: Forex Trade Alerts - Season 2 by Nobody: 8:16am On Sep 16, 2011
Yes Boss grin
Re: Forex Trade Alerts - Season 2 by jamace(m): 8:30am On Sep 16, 2011
Obviously, most of the people on this thread are not mature, indiscipline and without both of these there's no way you can succeed in the Trading world. This will be my last post here, you can catch me at Forexfactory where real traders dwell. If you are new to trading and really want to learn, i'll suggest you go to forexfactory too. Imagine getting insulted here just because you're behind a keyboard and a screen.

Please, take it easy. I personally need your contributions on this thread. So, don't go, please.
Re: Forex Trade Alerts - Season 2 by Nobody: 8:36am On Sep 16, 2011
stagger:

I'd say you are dumb, and stu, pid! angry

is it that up till now, you cannot see that the aim of this thread is purely informative and to help everyone and not the "I AM THE BEST" selfish attitude you are trying to put up here?

Stagger, please don't use this kind of language to describe other posters

holahabib:

Here we go again!!! Can you be civil in your posts. No one is begging you to post here, feel free to leave this thread and don't let the door hit you on your way out  angry

Blog icon:

Nice one dear. I am happy for you O! At least it is good to know that while i lost some $$ from Gold you gained some tongue. See hammering!!! Congrats!

Will prefer it for us to hammer together ( Ajoje o dun benikan oni  wink)

Kashif:

My dear, my broker does not offer indices trading, and work never allow me scout for brokers. Do you know where I can get a demo feel please? Easy with the way you are hammering the markets before your brokers throw you out  grin Congratulations sis; you are on top of your game.

@Blog icon and Aguiyi, what swiftz is complaining about Alpari is not a matter of spread IMO. I have posted about that issue on this thread when somebody was looking for assistance on choosing a broker.  Alpari ignores TPs and pending orders even when it is clear that price moved more than 15pips past that point. It has happened to me many times, and that is one of the things I have against Alpari.

@swiftz, if you are trading live, consider leaving Alpari.

Throw me out ke? Dem no fit, i no complain when dem dey chop my money na  grin . As for brokers, i honestly don't know about the services offered to Nigerians. Majority of the ones here in the UK offer most liquid instruments from forex, to indices, bonds , shares, options etc
Re: Forex Trade Alerts - Season 2 by meteorxtra(m): 8:56am On Sep 16, 2011
swiftz:

Hello house.
Please, there's a slight problem that i v been experiencing, so i tot of seeking your opinion.
I have trading with alpari for some time now. I noticed that sometimes, when the market gets to my take profit, my position doesn't close. and unfortunately for me, the market might just start going against me immediately after getting to my take profit thereby turning an already won trade to a loss, this has left me confused.
I think this job already has its own headache, if you are unsatisfied with a brokerage service just look for a good one,
I m a fund manager with a lots of accounts with different brokerages, So I get to compare differences in these brokers a lot.
Alpari's got trouble stay away from them, I see it every single day, Trust me
They may treat other clients from Uk like Naija Babe very well as account class are different and are fed by different trading servers. but if u re a small retail trader and you stay in Nigeria simply bone them.
It has nothing to do with the spread or trading method, it is simply a server delay plugin
Don't disturb yourself
Re: Forex Trade Alerts - Season 2 by ifarajimi(m): 9:41am On Sep 16, 2011
Took a long trade on NZD/USD last night using BLOGICON's strategy Up about 30 pips now. SL-1.8200 TP-1.8500
Re: Forex Trade Alerts - Season 2 by honeric01(m): 9:51am On Sep 16, 2011
stagger:

I'd say you are dumb,  and stu, pid! angry

What called for this? respect yourself man. you deserve a ban!
Re: Forex Trade Alerts - Season 2 by Blogicon1(m): 9:54am On Sep 16, 2011
@Ifara, Nice one bro. It is good to see that you are learning pretty good, but be sure to secure profits with your SL as you are going counter-trend.
Re: Forex Trade Alerts - Season 2 by ignis: 9:59am On Sep 16, 2011
Forex na scam
Re: Forex Trade Alerts - Season 2 by ifarajimi(m): 10:04am On Sep 16, 2011
@blogicon It's thanks to you brother and thank you for the advice on shifting my SL with the trend, up about 50 pips now
Re: Forex Trade Alerts - Season 2 by swiftz(f): 10:15am On Sep 16, 2011
I have been planning on goin live next week. But with fault from alpari, i cant continue with them. please, tell me, which one do you feel, based on experience is d good. Also, one that i can fund and withdraw using a nigerian account, Am not starting with much money, say 100USD, Abeg, make una help me.
Re: Forex Trade Alerts - Season 2 by Nobody: 10:21am On Sep 16, 2011
^^ Fxpro will be ok
Re: Forex Trade Alerts - Season 2 by Blogicon1(m): 10:26am On Sep 16, 2011
@Swiftz, as Odiaero has pointed out, fxpro is a good choice, but I want to add that if you are going to be settling with price action as your core trading method, then I will advise that you go with FXDD; that is what I've been using and no complains till now. The choice is totally yours!
Re: Forex Trade Alerts - Season 2 by Nobody: 10:30am On Sep 16, 2011
^^ Funny , am on FXDD too, that where my chinese investors prefare, got some big bucks accounts in 9 figures there, i trade on multiterminal
Re: Forex Trade Alerts - Season 2 by blackgucci(m): 10:33am On Sep 16, 2011
Buying eu. Aguiyi wetin u think?
Re: Forex Trade Alerts - Season 2 by Blogicon1(m): 10:37am On Sep 16, 2011
@Odiaero, Yeah, that is very true. I remember when you gave one of your FXDD trading account login details on NL for us to confirm your claims of managing a $1m. What I can remember is that the number of zeroes that followed after d first digit got my head spinning!

You dey chop oh!!! you for push one of your accounts come my side make I just find one 300 pips position enter just one trade; o boy dat one for be wicked hammering for me ohh!!!!
Re: Forex Trade Alerts - Season 2 by swiftz(f): 10:43am On Sep 16, 2011
ok. But ds fxpro isn,t in nigeria. Wil depositing and withdrawing not b stressful?
Re: Forex Trade Alerts - Season 2 by Nobody: 10:45am On Sep 16, 2011
swiftz:

ok. But ds fxpro isn,t in nigeria. Wil depositing and withdrawing not b stressful?

Then u are are not ready yet
Re: Forex Trade Alerts - Season 2 by pippimp(m): 11:25am On Sep 16, 2011
i think Gu is overbought on this retracement, i am selling again to 15731
Re: Forex Trade Alerts - Season 2 by smithereen: 11:26am On Sep 16, 2011
swiftz:

I have been planning on goin live next week. But with fault from alpari, i cant continue with them. please, tell me, which one do you feel, based on experience is d good. Also, one that i can fund and withdraw using a nigerian account, Am not starting with much money, say 100USD, Abeg, make una help me.

Hi. Plz note that there is a big difference between Alpari NZ (i.e the Russian/NZ arm which has a branch in Nigeria), and Alpari UK (or US).

If your Alpari is the UK arm, they are reputed to be one of the best brokers out there. But if you are on Alpari NZ, you should know that they have a bad reputation online (google plz).
Re: Forex Trade Alerts - Season 2 by stagger: 11:27am On Sep 16, 2011
swiftz:

Hello house.
I have trading with alpari for some time now. I noticed that sometimes, when the market gets to my take profit, my position doesn't close. and unfortunately for me, the market might just start going against me immediately after getting to my take profit thereby turning an already won trade to a loss,  this has left me confused.

The simple truth is that many of these brokers are market makers, and at times they unscrupulously refuse to respect traders' take profit levels. As market makers, they lose money whenever a trader makes a profit, and the excuse they give is that the liquidity was low and as such, they could not find buyers who were ready to buy off your position to close it at the TP level. It is a highly unethical practice and Interbankfx are the worst culprits.

Unfortunately, we are in Nigeria so there is no way we can protest to the FSA to investigate that practice.

The only way you can avoid this is if you use ECN brokers. Unfortunately, ECN pricing is only offered to high-net worth traders. The best you can do is to monitor your trades carefully. Also make sure your TP levels are well ahead of any support or resistance levels to be safe. Better to give up 10 pips than to see a whole position reversed into losses.
Re: Forex Trade Alerts - Season 2 by stagger: 11:39am On Sep 16, 2011
holahabib:

I am sorry about the comment bro. I take it back 100%. I over reacted. Sorry please.
Re: Forex Trade Alerts - Season 2 by meteorxtra(m): 11:41am On Sep 16, 2011
stagger:

I am sorry about the comment bro. I take it back 100%. I over reacted. Sorry please.
Taken, now that's mature

(1) (2) (3) ... (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) ... (100)

Sam & Steve Nico Williams Biography, Twins Invent Cryptocurrency PPT, Net Worth / Bc / Tomatoes The New Gold In Town: Nairalanders Becomes Tomato Importers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.