Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,199,203 members, 7,970,765 topics. Date: Wednesday, 09 October 2024 at 03:01 PM

Forex Trade Alerts - Season 2 - Business (32) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Forex Trade Alerts - Season 2 (94436 Views)

Forex Trading - Season 15 / Forex Trading - Season 14 / Forex Trading - Season 13 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (29) (30) (31) (32) (33) (34) (35) ... (100) (Go Down)

Re: Forex Trade Alerts - Season 2 by Nobody: 12:07am On Sep 24, 2011
swiftz:

naijababe, its nt untagged yet.

See post above (earlier post on indices)
Re: Forex Trade Alerts - Season 2 by lynx200(m): 12:25am On Sep 24, 2011
hi its been a great trading week for all of us on this thread though i got whip sawed on my gold and silver trades but made up for it in my other trades and made a net total of  +500 pips. I wanna thank ya all for the good u're all doing on this thread as i've recovered what i lost the previous week. cool
Re: Forex Trade Alerts - Season 2 by Nobody: 1:02am On Sep 24, 2011
coogar:

then start with the tutorial already!
i am a quick learner. just brush through it!
hey dude,
dont throw words at people like that,ok?, learn one way of getting people to give you want you want without thinking twice

mamapips(),
did you observe that the note you left on the thread can not be adjusted to the right or left,pls make changes to ur post
Re: Forex Trade Alerts - Season 2 by leopower(m): 7:15am On Sep 24, 2011
gud morning fellow traders, hw was da nite? cool
@namdo, asking abt fundamentals effect is not an high jump to me, cos u will agree with me that the market is been driven mostly by NEWS for almost 2 month now. shocked
@better traders, lets talk abt (1) trend line, (2) daily pivot point, (3) MAs (4) etc, smiley
Re: Forex Trade Alerts - Season 2 by Nobody: 10:04am On Sep 24, 2011
Resting grin
Re: Forex Trade Alerts - Season 2 by honeric01(m): 10:31pm On Sep 24, 2011
@naijababe

I was asking you in my post that got swallowed by the bot about what dax and dow symbols look like, i don't think instaforex has indices on their product list or does it mean only specific broker offer it?

Secondly, how much do you advise one should have as equity before venturing into indices or commodities? i can't even try gold or silver right now, don't have the balls for that incase it goes against me.
Re: Forex Trade Alerts - Season 2 by Nobody: 9:29am On Sep 25, 2011
@naijababe

I was asking you in my post that got swallowed by the bot about what dax and dow symbols look like, i don't think instaforex has indices on their product list or does it mean only specific broker offer it?

Secondly, how much do you advise one should have as equity before venturing into indices or commodities? i can't even try gold or silver right now, don't have the balls for that incase it goes against me.

The bot got you again abi? undecided

Depends on the broker but most of them use the following syntax

Dow Jones = Wall street or DJIA
Dax = Dax 30
FTSE = FTSE 100 or UK 100
Nikkei = Japan 225
How much would really depend on your account size. Most brokers require a minimum for each of these instruments, at least the ones I use, let me something clear, I do spreadbetting rather actual trading because I can legally avoid paying taxes on my trades because spreadbetting is considered as gambling grin and gambling wins are not taxable.

You can probably start with $250 for indices. For metals, no less than $1000 as your SL margin is usually in the 100s, the reason for recent gold's volatility is because investors now consider it a much safer haven than all paper currencies. Silver was and remains more volatile than gold and i expect that to continue to be the case since silver is nowhere near its historical parity with gold.

I have fowarded a newsletter i receive online to you, just hit subscribe and you can get a range of insights and perspectives on trading and investing. My personal goal is my own 'hedge fund' cool
Re: Forex Trade Alerts - Season 2 by i8millar: 9:39am On Sep 25, 2011
Honeric, i caught your post and responded but the damn bot got it angry I wonder how many lines a post has to be before the damn thing gets it angry angry angry
Re: Forex Trade Alerts - Season 2 by Nobody: 12:14pm On Sep 25, 2011
Warming up grin
Re: Forex Trade Alerts - Season 2 by Nobody: 12:59pm On Sep 25, 2011
Are we there yet?
Re: Forex Trade Alerts - Season 2 by jamace(m): 5:12pm On Sep 25, 2011
Warming up; analyzing the charts. Readying to go piping. grin
Re: Forex Trade Alerts - Season 2 by Nobody: 5:17pm On Sep 25, 2011
jamace:

Warming up; analyzing the charts. Readying to go piping. grin

Am tired of waiting grin
Re: Forex Trade Alerts - Season 2 by Nobody: 6:05pm On Sep 25, 2011
Just some thoughts to reflect upon.

Chris Rock once said 'Shaq is rich but the man who pays Shaq's salary is wealthy'.

Let me ask you my fellow traders, what is/are your goals ? Why did you venture into the cutthroat world of trading?

I placed my first trade in 2007 and havent looked back, i am one of those traders that learned the hard way, I mean i lost shitloads of money before i started to make money. I recall that i placed my first gold trade in Sept  07, 'twas trading at $675/oz. After a week it had moved up to $705/oz and i felt very satisfied with myself, however, by Dec 07, it had gone up to $890 and by 1Q 2008  it was trading at $1200/oz.

The same gold is now trading at $16XX/0z and it has already touched $19xx this year.  $2000/oz by year end has already been mooted by many financials instituitions and if you  dont know, historical ratio of gold:silver is 50:1, which means silver still has a long bull run ahead of it.

So why am i rambling on about metals, because the current turmoil that global financial system has found itself means  metals are an excellent way of protecting your money from the monster called inflation.

The lifestyle of a successful trader is truly one to envy but don't blow all your winnings on booze, fast cars and women/men. My friends, invest! invest!! invest!!!

Naijababe is intent on creating a dynasty, what's your own goal?
Re: Forex Trade Alerts - Season 2 by honeric01(m): 6:18pm On Sep 25, 2011
@babe, are u currently on gold or silver? I saw ur post on the oda ques i asked. When d market opens, i'm going to look d way of indices. Metal? Not yet. What are ur indices view 4 dis wk?
Re: Forex Trade Alerts - Season 2 by illeet: 6:23pm On Sep 25, 2011
odiaero:

Resting grin
odiaero:

Warming up grin
odiaero:

Are we there yet?
odiaero:

Am tired of waiting grin

CLOWN
Re: Forex Trade Alerts - Season 2 by Nobody: 6:33pm On Sep 25, 2011
honeric01:

@babe, are u currently on gold or silver? I saw your post on the oda ques i asked. When d market opens, i'm going to look d way of indices. Metal? Not yet. What are your indices view 4 dis wk?

I'll be looking at longs unless my current support at 10600 on the Dow is broken convincinly, same for Dax. I'm on msn now, we can chat if you want
Re: Forex Trade Alerts - Season 2 by honeric01(m): 6:37pm On Sep 25, 2011
Oh dear, ok i'm on mobile rite now, i will come online asap.
Re: Forex Trade Alerts - Season 2 by coogar: 6:38pm On Sep 25, 2011
naijababe:

The lifestyle of a successful trader is truly one to envy but don't blow all your winnings on booze, fast cars and women/men. My friends, invest! invest!! invest!!!

Naijababe is intent on creating a dynasty, what's your own goal?

without booze, fast cars and women - what else is there to spend money on?
Re: Forex Trade Alerts - Season 2 by Nobody: 6:41pm On Sep 25, 2011
Coogar, chief derailer of the century, carry your manure head go somewhere elso jo!!! Anyway, i know English is not your first language, but the key word in the sentence you bolded is  ALL  grin
Re: Forex Trade Alerts - Season 2 by coogar: 6:44pm On Sep 25, 2011
naijababe:

Coogar, chief derailer of the century, carry your manure head go somewhere elso jo!!! Anyway, i know English is not your first language, but the key word in the sentence you bolded is  ALL  grin

english is my 10th language!!!
if you are telling a young man not to blow his profit on booze, women and fast cars, where else should he put the money? back in that lottery ish where the money would be lost?
Re: Forex Trade Alerts - Season 2 by blackgucci(m): 6:45pm On Sep 25, 2011
@naijababe, wise sayings, you bam, when i growup i'll marry you!!!! grin grin
Re: Forex Trade Alerts - Season 2 by Nobody: 7:12pm On Sep 25, 2011
coogar:

english is my 10th language!!!
if you are telling a young man not to blow his profit on booze, women and fast cars, where else should he put the money? back in that lottery ish where the money would be lost?
ask for me o
Re: Forex Trade Alerts - Season 2 by Nobody: 7:25pm On Sep 25, 2011
aguiyi and coogar, you two can blow all your money on booze, women and fast cars, okay grin
Re: Forex Trade Alerts - Season 2 by Nobody: 7:27pm On Sep 25, 2011
illeet:

CLOWN

I will take it that u fool got ur account blown
Re: Forex Trade Alerts - Season 2 by Nobody: 7:31pm On Sep 25, 2011
Are we there yet? grin
Re: Forex Trade Alerts - Season 2 by JAkpayen(m): 8:06pm On Sep 25, 2011
When an oyinbo bizman makes 1m profit, he diversity his investment but a typical naija man would invite a musican to wax a record in his name and sing his praise with such profit. People no wan make from other mistakes. aguiyi & co I pity una
Re: Forex Trade Alerts - Season 2 by Nobody: 9:21pm On Sep 25, 2011
JAkpayen:

When an oyinbo bizman makes 1m profit, he diversity his investment but a typical naija man would invite a musican to wax a record in his name and sing his praise with such profit. People no wan make from other mistakes. aguiyi & co I pity una
o boy na wa for you o, matter wen we dey carry joke na im u don start to raise insult. angry
Re: Forex Trade Alerts - Season 2 by illeet: 9:34pm On Sep 25, 2011
odiaero:

I will take it that u fool got your account blown
odiaero:

Are we there yet? grin

Listen my insipid friend if you know you cannot post trade Alerts or offer anything insightful like some responsible fellow members here. Then shut up. Nobody gives a Tutsi's or Hutus' ass if you're trading $1 billion. L-I-A-R. A person trading your size should be out rubbing shoulders with bigger boys not hanging out with $10k traders bragging about his trading desk or how much he's got. You're the sort of person that doesn't have a car of his own, uses the fly-over every morning, sees the begger on it and then joyfully shows off his new tie, socks and the N5,000 in his wallet. The dumb begger looks with awe and then you beam with foolish pride ( grin). You called me a fool. No dummy call me Insidious.
Re: Forex Trade Alerts - Season 2 by honeric01(m): 9:55pm On Sep 25, 2011
naijababe:

The bot got you again abi? undecided

Depends on the broker but most of them use the following syntax

Dow Jones = Wall street or DJIA
Dax = Dax 30
FTSE = FTSE 100 or UK 100
Nikkei = Japan 225
How much would really depend on your account size. Most brokers require a minimum for each of these instruments, at least the ones I use, let me something clear, I do spreadbetting rather actual trading because I can legally avoid paying taxes on my trades because spreadbetting is considered as gambling grin and gambling wins are not taxable.

You can probably start with $250 for indices. For metals, no less than $1000 as your SL margin is usually in the 100s, the reason for recent gold's volatility is because investors now consider it a much safer haven than all paper currencies. Silver was and remains more volatile than gold and i expect that to continue to be the case since silver is nowhere near its historical parity with gold.

I have fowarded a newsletter i receive online to you, just hit subscribe and you can get a range of insights and perspectives on trading and investing. My personal goal is my own 'hedge fund' cool

Thanks for this post, i am going to start following indices, precisely dax and dow until i am "comfortable" enough to venture into it.
Re: Forex Trade Alerts - Season 2 by gentleoyink: 10:36pm On Sep 25, 2011
@honeric01 I sent an email to your hotmail address titled "Interested in, "
Re: Forex Trade Alerts - Season 2 by jamace(m): 10:37pm On Sep 25, 2011
Welcome to another pipping week.

May the pips be with us. Amen.
Re: Forex Trade Alerts - Season 2 by honeric01(m): 10:43pm On Sep 25, 2011
gentleoyink:

@honeric01 I sent an email to your hotmail address titled "Interested in, "

Alright bro, got your message, expect my replies.

^^^^

May the pips be with us all, i am looking forward to 1.32xx and 1.49xx on EU AND GU before the end of this month (not sure if we are going to see 1.49 on gu this month though.

(1) (2) (3) ... (29) (30) (31) (32) (33) (34) (35) ... (100)

Binary Option Free Alert Season 2 / Sam & Steve Nico Williams Biography, Twins Invent Cryptocurrency PPT, Net Worth / Top 10 Richest Men In Nigeria (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.