Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,147 members, 7,887,329 topics. Date: Friday, 12 July 2024 at 06:52 AM

Nigerian Man In Uk Laments Over The Snow And Appreciates Motherland - Travel (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Nigerian Man In Uk Laments Over The Snow And Appreciates Motherland (32714 Views)

Canada Looks Like Isolation Camp - Nigerian Man Who Relocated To Canada Laments / Huge Antarctica Snow Cruiser Is Missing Since 1940 In The Antarctica(Photos) / Snow Capped Akampka Mountains And Mount Cameroon Visible From Calabar (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Man In Uk Laments Over The Snow And Appreciates Motherland by spencekat(m): 10:07am On Dec 14, 2022
Come back home naaa
Re: Nigerian Man In Uk Laments Over The Snow And Appreciates Motherland by Rupertek: 10:11am On Dec 14, 2022
Nigeria is a very blessed country with bad people, not just bad leaders.
Leaders are product of the people. If the people are good, leaders.will be good. People don't become bad overnight
Hezzyluv:
Nigeria is a very very blessed country with bad leaders. Some masses are not helping matters too. Religion come do us strong things join. undecided

Nigeria would be great again.
God bless Nigeria more
God bless Africa.
Re: Nigerian Man In Uk Laments Over The Snow And Appreciates Motherland by makavalley(m): 10:15am On Dec 14, 2022
DrBrainstorm:

Yeah I know they solved these problems, how else would they have descendants? I'm just curious on how they were able to.

I like how curious you are, wondering how they survived compare to us now because we are leaving better than them with aid in tech . Same way centuries after us with high tech advancement will wonder how did they survive low internet speed, outbreak of diseases, poverty capital of the world, lack of basic amenities at rural settlement etc
Re: Nigerian Man In Uk Laments Over The Snow And Appreciates Motherland by Lukuluku69(m): 10:19am On Dec 14, 2022
DrBrainstorm:
I have always wondered how people were able to survive in areas with cold climate hundreds of years ago, before even the crudest technologies that could weave clothes existed.
I know about using the skins of animals like bears for covering but how many of these animals could they catch?

They survive by hunting these animals in Large numbers to cater for their survival needs.

Bisons, Mink, Bears, animals with furs and woolly animals were massacred in large numbers. What Europeans are doing now to protect the Environment were done with reckless abandon back then.

But with Technology and discovery of large Gas Reserves and subsequent exploration, this reduced drastically.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Man In Uk Laments Over The Snow And Appreciates Motherland by Dshocker(m): 10:20am On Dec 14, 2022
Hopebringer:

Sopona no ma kpa iya e

Omo ale

You shouldn't be existing amongst humans, especially for the fact that you are just occupying space.

Like father, like son.

asan omo.
Re: Nigerian Man In Uk Laments Over The Snow And Appreciates Motherland by Dshocker(m): 10:27am On Dec 14, 2022
Hopebringer:

Sopona no ma kpa iya e

Omo ale

The painful part is that they celebrated the time they gave birth to you, not knowing that you will be miserable and useless to humanity.

Guy, it is better you end it now, so your lineage will not continue the same path as you took over from your father.

I weep.
Re: Nigerian Man In Uk Laments Over The Snow And Appreciates Motherland by Panda7(m): 10:36am On Dec 14, 2022
he can begin by making a christmas movie theree
Re: Nigerian Man In Uk Laments Over The Snow And Appreciates Motherland by Chee59(f): 10:37am On Dec 14, 2022
DrBrainstorm:
I have always wondered how people were able to survive in areas with cold climate hundreds of years ago, before even the crudest technologies that could weave clothes existed.
I know about using the skins of animals like bears for covering but how many of these animals could they catch?
They preserved the farm yield, the ones they didn't sell and also preserved the animals they caught in preparation for winter.
Re: Nigerian Man In Uk Laments Over The Snow And Appreciates Motherland by iamwhat: 10:38am On Dec 14, 2022
Bankowner:
It has always being a white Christmas in the UK so what is he yapping about?

As they always say, If you can't stand the heat then get out of the kitchen!!

It's a white Christmas over here too.

This is not correct... it's not always white christman in UK and snow doesn't fall everywhere in the UK. Snow falls monthly in the northern England and Scotland
Re: Nigerian Man In Uk Laments Over The Snow And Appreciates Motherland by omonnakoda: 10:40am On Dec 14, 2022
Omode o mela o ni ohun mela kata kata
Ni n pe Oruko baba mi saara
Elede a si ma fi enu tu itukutu

Onile kangun kangun
Ori mi re
Ma ba mi ja
Ma ba mi sere
Baba mi a si ma ba omode se ere ki
Omode ma se eje ni idi
Baba mi a ma so oko l'oni
fun aja ki aja ohun ku ni ana
Ma ba mi ja
Ma ba ni sere
Omo elo miran ni ko da oju ija ko
Re: Nigerian Man In Uk Laments Over The Snow And Appreciates Motherland by nnamdi640: 10:49am On Dec 14, 2022
I don't know what this people in abroad take us for. Why not come back and admire Nigeria weather since you now value it more than the snow.
Re: Nigerian Man In Uk Laments Over The Snow And Appreciates Motherland by babaowambe: 10:50am On Dec 14, 2022
All you who are commenting from nigeria don't know anything except to comment trash online,they say you don't appreciate what. You have till you lose it, Nigeria is really blessed with good weather,here in Europe it's really cold, colder than usual the nights are very long there is ice everywhere,as a result driving, walking is dangerous,many layers of clothing is mandatory wearing if you want to live long we have to heat the house always and now electric bill is rising,as a result of the cold there is little outdoor activities hence people are cooped up together in confined place giving the flu and coronavius room to spread.its winter the good thing is it's a good time to work, plus all the Christmas vibes.pls don't spew trash if you have not travelled

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Man In Uk Laments Over The Snow And Appreciates Motherland by babaowambe: 10:52am On Dec 14, 2022
babaowambe:
All you who are commenting from nigeria don't know anything except to comment trash online,they say you don't appreciate what. You have till you lose it, Nigeria is really blessed with good weather,here in Europe it's really cold, colder than usual the nights are very long there is ice everywhere,as a result driving, walking is dangerous,many layers of clothing is mandatory wearing if you want to live long we have to heat the house always and now electric bill is rising,as a result of the cold there is little outdoor activities hence people are cooped up together in confined place giving the flu and coronavius room to spread.its winter the good thing is it's a good time to work, plus all the Christmas vibes.pls don't spew trash if you have not travelled
Re: Nigerian Man In Uk Laments Over The Snow And Appreciates Motherland by babaowambe: 10:53am On Dec 14, 2022
[quote author=babaowambe post=119147802][/quote]

Re: Nigerian Man In Uk Laments Over The Snow And Appreciates Motherland by faceland: 10:54am On Dec 14, 2022
Even if fire is falling from the sky in Nigeria, some of us would still go to work (one way or the other).
Re: Nigerian Man In Uk Laments Over The Snow And Appreciates Motherland by babaowambe: 10:57am On Dec 14, 2022
Driving in snow is dangerous

Re: Nigerian Man In Uk Laments Over The Snow And Appreciates Motherland by Hopebringer: 10:58am On Dec 14, 2022
Dshocker:

The painful part is that they celebrated the time they gave birth to you, not knowing that you will be miserable and useless to humanity.

Guy, it is better you end it now, so your lineage will not continue the same path as you took over from your father.

I weep.

Omo jatijati
Oloriburuku osi
Re: Nigerian Man In Uk Laments Over The Snow And Appreciates Motherland by excell0001: 10:59am On Dec 14, 2022
General violence, easy abeg who make you vex
Re: Nigerian Man In Uk Laments Over The Snow And Appreciates Motherland by Gerrard59(m): 11:01am On Dec 14, 2022
DrBrainstorm:

That is actually one of the reasons those societies developed faster than their counterparts in tropical climates. They had to find a way, or else, they would face extinction. Necessity, they say, is the mother of invention.
Re: Nigerian Man In Uk Laments Over The Snow And Appreciates Motherland by omonnakoda: 11:06am On Dec 14, 2022
nnamdi640:
I don't know what this people in abroad take us for. Why not come back and admire Nigeria weather since you now value it more than the snow.
But it was OK when those at home were lamenting about the Flood?

The only problem here is YOUR mindset and attitude.
Nigerians do not complain about Harmattan? Why not tell them to go to Zaire
Nigerians do not complain about rain? Why not advise them to go to Libya

People can only talk about what is happening to them
If you do not like it change channel
Re: Nigerian Man In Uk Laments Over The Snow And Appreciates Motherland by omonnakoda: 11:12am On Dec 14, 2022
Gerrard59:

That is actually one of the reasons those societies developed faster than their counterparts in tropical climates. They had to find a way, or else, they would face extinction. Necessity, they say, is the mother of invention.
Not true.
When you say DEVELOPED FASTER you are wrong. They actually developed SLOWER

When they were building the pyramids in Egypt Europeans were living in caves
Many "DEVELOPMENTS" were acquired from the middle East and elsewhere

Man has been around for like 300000 years and European have only come into prominence in the last 2000 years .
Europeans did not invent writing or the Wheel
This is their time does not mean it has always been or will always be so.

Nothing to do with cold
Why did they not develop faster in Alaska, Mongolia or Siberia/Russia

The most prominent EUROPEAN development historically came from Portugal Rome and Greece which are not very cold places and geographically were close to Mesopotamia and the Levant.

Do not forget that Spain was once occupied by Muslims from the Middle East

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Man In Uk Laments Over The Snow And Appreciates Motherland by DrBrainstorm(m): 11:18am On Dec 14, 2022
Gerrard59:

Hmmm makes sense.
Re: Nigerian Man In Uk Laments Over The Snow And Appreciates Motherland by Kipaji: 11:29am On Dec 14, 2022
When I experienced winter for the first TIME, I thought I was in hell.
People talk about the flames of hell, but I'm starting to think it is freezing cold and not burning hot over there.
Re: Nigerian Man In Uk Laments Over The Snow And Appreciates Motherland by Dshocker(m): 11:32am On Dec 14, 2022
Hopebringer:

Omo jatijati
Oloriburuku osi

Useless urchin that will never amount to anything.

The time they gave birth to you, some people came and they ate rice, thinking that human being has arrived, not knowing that you are a calamity.

Even vulture that is a know scavenger, will reject your dead body.
Re: Nigerian Man In Uk Laments Over The Snow And Appreciates Motherland by DrBrainstorm(m): 11:34am On Dec 14, 2022
Lukuluku69:

They survive by hunting these animals in Large numbers to cater for their survival needs.

Bisons, Mink, Bears, animals with furs and woolly animals were massacred in large numbers. What Europeans are doing now to protect the Environment were done with reckless abandon back then.

But with Technology and discovery of large Gas Reserves and subsequent exploration, this reduced drastically.
At the bolded, the hypocrisy. I imagine those days would be brutal, a total case of survival of the fittest.
Re: Nigerian Man In Uk Laments Over The Snow And Appreciates Motherland by Ifakiland(m): 11:40am On Dec 14, 2022
Oldnairalanderb:
Man complains bitterly about the cold in UK. Seems it's going to be a white Christmas in the UK.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lJxKUeaMFbg
They will depot him by God's grace....any Nigerian complaining abroad, God of host will get them deported.
Re: Nigerian Man In Uk Laments Over The Snow And Appreciates Motherland by E2000: 11:42am On Dec 14, 2022
Ugly fool
Re: Nigerian Man In Uk Laments Over The Snow And Appreciates Motherland by Hopebringer: 11:46am On Dec 14, 2022
Dshocker:

Useless urchin that will never amount to anything.

The time they gave birth to you, some people came and they ate rice, thinking that human being has arrived, not knowing that you are a calamity.

Even vulture that is a know scavenger, will reject your dead body.

Ogun lo ma pa Baba e
Re: Nigerian Man In Uk Laments Over The Snow And Appreciates Motherland by DrBrainstorm(m): 11:50am On Dec 14, 2022
Chee59:

They preserved the farm yield, the ones they didn't sell and also preserved the animals they caught in preparation for winter.
Nice take but I am not talking about the food they ate, I doubt if they suffered from food scarcity even during the winter. I am talking about how they survived the extreme low temperatures with no clothings.
Re: Nigerian Man In Uk Laments Over The Snow And Appreciates Motherland by Dshocker(m): 11:50am On Dec 14, 2022
Hopebringer:

Ogun lo ma pa Baba e

You are an error by commission.
Re: Nigerian Man In Uk Laments Over The Snow And Appreciates Motherland by Hopebringer: 11:51am On Dec 14, 2022
Dshocker:

You are an error by commission.

Sango lo ma kpa Omo e
Re: Nigerian Man In Uk Laments Over The Snow And Appreciates Motherland by ArcFresky(m): 11:58am On Dec 14, 2022
Wetin oP dey talk?
After paying road tax, council tax, insurance, wtaer bills, waste bill, electricty bill, Gas bill, MOT, TV license...
U no go come clear snow?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Man Rescued with Rope After His Car Plunge into Swamp at Ikorodu / U-23 National Team Escapes Plane Crash In Accra / Nigerians Without National ID Card Won’t Get Travel Passports, Says NIMC

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.