Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,181,746 members, 7,915,070 topics. Date: Thursday, 08 August 2024 at 03:56 PM

Nigerian Man In Uk Laments Over The Snow And Appreciates Motherland - Travel (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Nigerian Man In Uk Laments Over The Snow And Appreciates Motherland (32895 Views)

Canada Looks Like Isolation Camp - Nigerian Man Who Relocated To Canada Laments / Huge Antarctica Snow Cruiser Is Missing Since 1940 In The Antarctica(Photos) / Snow Capped Akampka Mountains And Mount Cameroon Visible From Calabar (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Man In Uk Laments Over The Snow And Appreciates Motherland by aaking(m): 12:02pm On Dec 14, 2022
IbrahimMav:

Not always.
The UK is located directly in the path of the gulf stream which entails mild summers and mild winters.
It can get very cold but unless you live in North of England or Scotland, Snowfall isn't a guarantee.
Sometimes it snows during the December period but often times snow doesn't arrive until mid January, and sometimes it doesn't even snow at all, esp in southern England.

Don't mind the illiterates and ignoramus fellows. Over 6 years ago that they last seen snow in London. So many people where celebrating it because its been long they saw it
Re: Nigerian Man In Uk Laments Over The Snow And Appreciates Motherland by Lukuluku69(m): 12:03pm On Dec 14, 2022
DrBrainstorm:

At the bolded, the hypocrisy. I imagine those days would be brutal, a total case of survival of the fittest.

Rxcatly. Those days were brutal.

The only known Law is that of Survival and Nature bore the brunt.

When the European got to the America, the Population of Bisons was put at around 8m roaming in the wild. The Natives only kill for food and clothing. They don't have to be unnecessarily filled or have a Felts of every known furry Animals for clothing's. One or two is enough.

When the Europeans came, in less than a Hundred years, Bison population plummet to less than a hundred! They were killed ofr Games, clothing, and hardly for food.

Like you said, it was brutal.
Re: Nigerian Man In Uk Laments Over The Snow And Appreciates Motherland by isaacola57: 12:09pm On Dec 14, 2022
bikefab:
Which one do you prefer bro, snow or dust?
dust is better.. exposure to harsh cold like in Canada frost bite can lead to amputation if u don't cover up well. The grass is not always greener on the other side.
Re: Nigerian Man In Uk Laments Over The Snow And Appreciates Motherland by JoeNL22(m): 12:12pm On Dec 14, 2022
Nigeria is better than UK. Take it or Take it.

Obi will definitely make it the best among the rest.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Man In Uk Laments Over The Snow And Appreciates Motherland by isaacola57: 12:16pm On Dec 14, 2022
nnamdi640:
I don't know what this people in abroad take us for. Why not come back and admire Nigeria weather since you now value it more than the snow.
some people come to Nigeria to spend winter and return to abroad during summer.. winter is extremely harsh.. -40 degrees -50 degrees even -60 in Manitoba, Alberta and others if u get lost in the snow due to visibility and U have no access to Google map u will realize how blessed Nigeria is
Re: Nigerian Man In Uk Laments Over The Snow And Appreciates Motherland by isaacola57: 12:21pm On Dec 14, 2022
Abroad that if u mistakenly enter somewhere the owner can shoot u for trespassing and nothing will happen. Look nothing fascinates me anymore, Nigeria, abroad, etc just have good health and be with people you love and who loves you truly

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Man In Uk Laments Over The Snow And Appreciates Motherland by Oldnairalanderb: 12:43pm On Dec 14, 2022
isaacola57:
some people come to Nigeria to spend winter and return to abroad during summer.. winter is extremely harsh.. -40 degrees -50 degrees even -60 in Manitoba, Alberta and others if u get lost in the snow due to visibility and U have no access to Google map u will realize how blessed Nigeria is
Tell them. They don't know that cold kills faster than heat.
Re: Nigerian Man In Uk Laments Over The Snow And Appreciates Motherland by gaby(m): 1:01pm On Dec 14, 2022
thinkmoney:

APC people. Always allergic to truth.
Before we used to think government is the problem, but gradually we are now seeing saboteurs...soon we will be knowing u people by names.
We the good people are in one camp, you are in another

Is this one okay?

Only a kid like you would think there's a difference ideologically and between the individuals in your LP/PDP/and APC.

Ekpa
Re: Nigerian Man In Uk Laments Over The Snow And Appreciates Motherland by Sammy5413(m): 1:13pm On Dec 14, 2022
Ok good, please do and come back there are others here who love snow

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Man In Uk Laments Over The Snow And Appreciates Motherland by Tycyborg(m): 1:19pm On Dec 14, 2022
[s][/s]
Hezzyluv:
Nigeria is a very very blessed country with bad leaders. Some masses are not helping matters too. Religion come do us strong things join. undecided

Nigeria would be great again.
God bless Nigeria more
God bless Africa.

Nigeria is blessed with bad citizens because there is nothing like a bad leader... A lizard can never lay eggs and hatch a snake... Out of the citizen comes politicians and civil servants and the rest of the citizen... A typical Nigerian person either in his or her work place or anywhere else will always find a way to cheat in which they call it runs or blessing or God pickup their calls...
Tell me why lot of Nigerians still go out of the countries and still involve in crimes... Are they the only people travelling in droves? Or are they suffering there as well... But here in Nigeria they will blame poverty for bad conduct and find excuses to do bad thing yet they blame the so called leaders... Who is a president or local government chairman or state governor and so on without the civil servants which are part of the masses and or citizens...
Citizen with tribalistic motives, hypocrite and most of them are not even patriotic but first thing is to shout bad leaders... Let's look into ourselves the change starts from us unless we doom the come future. So there is nothing like bad leaders. We have bad citizens

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Man In Uk Laments Over The Snow And Appreciates Motherland by erico2k2(m): 2:01pm On Dec 14, 2022
DrBrainstorm:
I have always wondered how people were able to survive in areas with cold climate hundreds of years ago, before even the crudest technologies that could weave clothes existed.
I know about using the skins of animals like bears for covering but how many of these animals could they catch?
Fired wood
Re: Nigerian Man In Uk Laments Over The Snow And Appreciates Motherland by erico2k2(m): 2:02pm On Dec 14, 2022
isaacola57:
Abroad that if u mistakenly enter somewhere the owner can shoot u for trespassing and nothing will happen. Look nothing fascinates me anymore, Nigeria, abroad, etc just have good health and be with people you love and who loves you truly
I think you need to educate urself more, this is the UK we are talking about
Re: Nigerian Man In Uk Laments Over The Snow And Appreciates Motherland by erico2k2(m): 2:06pm On Dec 14, 2022
isaacola57:
dust is better.. exposure to harsh cold like in Canada frost bite can lead to amputation if u don't cover up well. The grass is not always greener on the other side.
well people area raeady for wen it gets cold, frost bite is xtreem, U have o be lost in the mountains for that to happen not in the towns nd city
Re: Nigerian Man In Uk Laments Over The Snow And Appreciates Motherland by TristanX: 2:08pm On Dec 14, 2022
Reinamaria:

He probably just got there newly.

Or he’s just seeking attention

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Man In Uk Laments Over The Snow And Appreciates Motherland by Reussite: 2:47pm On Dec 14, 2022
Nah I will always prefer the cold in UK over the heat in Nigeria. What is he saying tho? Just get dem sweaters & get all covered up & you are good to go.
Re: Nigerian Man In Uk Laments Over The Snow And Appreciates Motherland by thinkmoney(m): 3:05pm On Dec 14, 2022
gaby:

Is this one okay?

Only a kid like you would think there's a difference ideologically and between the individuals in your LP/PDP/and APC.

Ekpa
Old man, no too things are the same no matter how similar dey look.
I will stop at this. If u get small sense u suppose comprehend
Re: Nigerian Man In Uk Laments Over The Snow And Appreciates Motherland by gaby(m): 3:19pm On Dec 14, 2022
thinkmoney:

Old man, no too things are the same no matter how similar dey look.
I will stop at this. If u get small sense u suppose comprehend

Get off my mention, you dingbatted slowpoke.

Now, you don't know what to tell me because you had thought everyone was as senseless as you and the ones who brought you to the world to be a nuisance.

Keep fixating on political parties, individuals with no clear cut ideal and be expecting a change.

Asswipe.
Re: Nigerian Man In Uk Laments Over The Snow And Appreciates Motherland by thinkmoney(m): 3:23pm On Dec 14, 2022
gaby:

Get off my mention, you dingbatted slowpoke.

Now, you don't know what to tell me because you had thought everyone was as senseless as you and the ones who brought you to the world to be a nuisance.

Keep fixating on political parties, individuals with no clear cut ideal and be expecting a change.

Asswipe.
Mumu, you don mention all the courses you have focused your whole miserable life learning.
Coconut head, having thick skin to the truth and new information.
You have no knowledge of history or grasp of the present situation in the country.
I really do pity u
Re: Nigerian Man In Uk Laments Over The Snow And Appreciates Motherland by isaacola57: 3:29pm On Dec 14, 2022
erico2k2:

well people area raeady for wen it gets cold, frost bite is xtreem, U have o be lost in the mountains for that to happen not in the towns nd city
no.. be lost on the streets of provinces like Saskatchewan in winter (it's easy let Ur phone battery die and av no access to Google map and 911)which gets to -40 degrees or more in winter without your mitts u will have frost bites. They will amputate your wrist and fingers.
Re: Nigerian Man In Uk Laments Over The Snow And Appreciates Motherland by isaacola57: 3:30pm On Dec 14, 2022
erico2k2:

I think you need to educate urself more, this is the UK we are talking about
I said abroad not UK..I also think u need to open Ur eyes more
Re: Nigerian Man In Uk Laments Over The Snow And Appreciates Motherland by isaacola57: 3:36pm On Dec 14, 2022
Oldnairalanderb:

Tell them. They don't know that cold kills faster than heat.
if u don't av a car u will suffer in winter
Re: Nigerian Man In Uk Laments Over The Snow And Appreciates Motherland by Codes151(m): 3:39pm On Dec 14, 2022
u dey open mouth wawawa

did we ask u to come??/

talkative....

sha sha the slaves.... tried i swear
Re: Nigerian Man In Uk Laments Over The Snow And Appreciates Motherland by isaacola57: 3:55pm On Dec 14, 2022
Codes151:
u dey open mouth wawawa

did we ask u to come??/

talkative....

sha sha the slaves.... tried i swear
lol.. anything that has an advantage also has a disadvantage.. so na so e be

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Man In Uk Laments Over The Snow And Appreciates Motherland by gaby(m): 4:15pm On Dec 14, 2022
thinkmoney:

Mumu, you don mention all the courses you have focused your whole miserable life learning.
Coconut head, having thick skin to the truth and new information.
You have no knowledge of history or grasp of the present situation in the country.
I really do pity u

This dingbat is still foaming from every corner of his mouth like the classical slowpoke that he is.

You are a very silly kid.

I should be discussing the situation of the country with your dad and not you because you clearly are still a toddler.

Stupid kid who must be reveling in their usual herd mentality, lacking the ability to critically think for himself and out of the box. Na akamu dey that your skull wey you dey mistake for brain, ekpa.

What do you know of history or how your father met your mother, for instance, you dunce.

Aschlock
Re: Nigerian Man In Uk Laments Over The Snow And Appreciates Motherland by nnamdi640: 4:50pm On Dec 14, 2022
omonnakoda:
But it was OK when those at home were lamenting about the Flood?

The only problem here is YOUR mindset and attitude.
Nigerians do not complain about Harmattan? Why not tell them to go to Zaire
Nigerians do not complain about rain? Why not advise them to go to Libya

People can only talk about what is happening to them
If you do not like it change channel
You don't come to a social media to tell us how bad a place is meanwhile you complaining about the weather is still managing it. If he or she thinks the weather is harsh why not relocate back to the place you are praising. Rubbish!!!
Re: Nigerian Man In Uk Laments Over The Snow And Appreciates Motherland by AerialMapper: 4:51pm On Dec 14, 2022
omonnakoda:
Are you trying to be funny or sarcastic ? You end up sounding like a fool.

The definition that the Met Office uses to define a white Christmas is for one snowflake to be observed falling in the 24 hours of 25 December somewhere in the UK.

https://www.metoffice.gov.uk/weather/learn-about/weather/types-of-weather/snow/white-christmas#:~:text=The%20definition%20that%20the%20Met,Met%20Office%20building%20in%20London.
THAT IS THE OFFICIAL GOVERNMENT definition of white Christmas which is even used by bookmakers who takes bets on whether there will be one

You do not know and do not know that you do not know but think you know it all

When you want to use google, try to be smart lest you come across as someone who is intellectually inept.
You conveniently quoted the "official" definition ...official in quote to support your argument. Now let's look at the "traditional" definition which you conveniently overlooked just to come across as big-brained.

"A more "traditional" idea of snow-covered ground is less common, however, with only 4 occasions in the 51 years to 2015 reporting snow on the ground at 9am at more than 40% of weather stations.[22]

Although most places in the UK do tend to see some snow in the winter, it generally falls in January and February. However white Christmases do occur, on average every 6 years"

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/White_Christmas_(weather)

Try to be more rigorous in your google searches so you do not come across as being dull.
You saw the context of my post and I referred to the Hollywood and Coca cola ads which always portray Christmas as being white. I stated this wasnt the case... then as Father Christmas that you are, you opened Google to give me a technical "Official" definition of Christmas yen yen yen. My experience even matches the statistics of once in 6 years...but Mr Big Brain had to show off his pseudo-intelligence by googling his own experience

You have ended up being the silly one now.
Re: Nigerian Man In Uk Laments Over The Snow And Appreciates Motherland by nnamdi640: 4:54pm On Dec 14, 2022
isaacola57:
Nobody is disputing that, if he or she can't manage the weather, why not relocate back to the place you are praising. It is better to live in a harsh weather with peace of mind than to live in good weather with fear of the unknown such as ritualists, kidnappers, thugs, electricity power failure, high rate of unemployment etc
Re: Nigerian Man In Uk Laments Over The Snow And Appreciates Motherland by isaacola57: 4:55pm On Dec 14, 2022
nnamdi640:
Nobody is disputing that, if he or she can't manage the weather, why not relocate back to the place you are praising.
I surely will
Re: Nigerian Man In Uk Laments Over The Snow And Appreciates Motherland by omonnakoda: 5:01pm On Dec 14, 2022
AerialMapper:

When you want to use google, try to be smart lest you come across as someone who is intellectually inept.
You conveniently quoted the "official" definition ...official in quote to support your argument. Now let's look at the "traditional" definition which you conveniently overlooked just to come across as big-brained.

"A more "traditional" idea of snow-covered ground is less common, however, with only 4 occasions in the 51 years to 2015 reporting snow on the ground at 9am at more than 40% of weather stations.[22]

Although most places in the UK do tend to see some snow in the winter, it generally falls in January and February. However white Christmases do occur, on average every 6 years"

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/White_Christmas_(weather)

They

Try to be more rigorous in your google searches so you do not come across as being dull.
You saw the context of my post and I referred to the Hollywood and Coca cola ads which always portray Christmas as being white. I stated this wasnt the case... then as Father Christmas that you are, you opened Google to give me a technical "Official" definition of Christmas yen yen yen.

You have ended up being the silly one now.

This is a failed attempt at face saving . Empty and meaningless
A white Christmas has an official definition in the UK
The point is ONE SNOWFLAKE anywher is all that is required to declare a WHITE CHRISTMAS In the UK

There are legal reasons for this which I do not have time to go into now
I am not interested in Wikipedia. And I did not need to do any Google search to come up with it

I know from direct personal experience and corrected you

Learn to accept correction gracefully
All the additional information you are stating is just diversionary and irrelevant

So please Shut up you are empty
Re: Nigerian Man In Uk Laments Over The Snow And Appreciates Motherland by omonnakoda: 5:06pm On Dec 14, 2022
nnamdi640:
You don't come to a social media to tell us how bad a place is meanwhile you complaining about the weather is still managing it. If he or she thinks the weather is harsh why not relocate back to the place you are praising. Rubbish!!!
Does social media belong to you or your family
Did he email you with his complaints
Did he email your family?
You sound bitter .frustrated and envious

If you do not like it then change channel and listen to what you like
Sickening to hear crabs with this tired
RELOCATE BACK LINE

Why are you so bitter? Is relocate back the only thing you can offer? That is just envy. If you have no words of support or encouragement be silent and stop flaunting envy

Medical students complain of workload we do not say DROP OUT
Even soldiers fighting Boko Haram have used social media to complain about food or their Kit.
No one says why don't you quit the army and come home
Pregnant women complain of pain we do not say go and do abortion. We offer support and encouragement or shut up except we are envious
Re: Nigerian Man In Uk Laments Over The Snow And Appreciates Motherland by omonnakoda: 5:18pm On Dec 14, 2022
nnamdi640:
Nobody is disputing that, if he or she can't manage the weather, why not relocate back to the place you are praising. It is better to live in a harsh weather with peace of mind than to live in good weather with fear of the unknown such as ritualists, kidnappers, thugs, electricity power failure, high rate of unemployment etc
See logic
So if a pregnant women is struggling with her pregnancy she should abort
Married people with challenges should divorce
Struggling students should drop out
You seem pained that he is there and want him back at all cost?
Very toxic mentality I was going to ask if you are Igbo but your name says it all.

That is how Igbos reason. Envy
Re: Nigerian Man In Uk Laments Over The Snow And Appreciates Motherland by nnamdi640: 5:22pm On Dec 14, 2022
omonnakoda:
Does social media belong to you or your family
Did he email you with his complaints
Did he email your family?
You sound bitter .frustrated and envious

If you do not like it then change channel and listen to what you like
Sickening to hear crabs with this tired
RELOCATE BACK LINE

Why are you so bitter? Is relocate back the only thing you can offer? That is just envy. If you have no words of support or encourage be silent and stop flaunting envy

Even soldiers fighting Boko Haram have used social media to complain about food or their Kit.
No one says why don't you quit the army and come home
Social media don't belong to anybody, but posting things that shouldn't be is wrong. That place he is trying to discredit their weather is what is keeping him going. Hypocrisy is bad in ones life, you can't be enjoying their place and still talk bad of their weather. Let him relocate back to Nigeria and come and enjoy the wonderful weather with us. Again, you don't know the meaning of frustration, am trying to correct a bad impression and you are here talking about bitterness and frustration.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Iceland Deports Boko Haram Victim From Nigeria - Al Jazeera / Breathtaking Pictures Of Abuja. / Terrible Accident As Car Speeds Into BRT Lane Demarcation In Lagos (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.