Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,181,740 members, 7,915,055 topics. Date: Thursday, 08 August 2024 at 03:41 PM

Nigerian Man In Uk Laments Over The Snow And Appreciates Motherland - Travel (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Nigerian Man In Uk Laments Over The Snow And Appreciates Motherland (32893 Views)

Canada Looks Like Isolation Camp - Nigerian Man Who Relocated To Canada Laments / Huge Antarctica Snow Cruiser Is Missing Since 1940 In The Antarctica(Photos) / Snow Capped Akampka Mountains And Mount Cameroon Visible From Calabar (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Man In Uk Laments Over The Snow And Appreciates Motherland by nnamdi640: 5:27pm On Dec 14, 2022
omonnakoda:
See logic
So if a pregnant women is struggling with her pregnancy she should abort
Married people with challenges should divorce
Struggling students should drop out
You seem pained that he is there and want him back at all cost?
Very toxic mentality I was going to ask if you are Igbo but your name says it all.

That is how Igbos reason. Envy
It is someone that is mentally sick that will bring tribalism to this argument, beside if you talk about traveling to other countries, you and your acentors including your generation and your linage are still learners, so I will advice you to keep your mouth shut.
Re: Nigerian Man In Uk Laments Over The Snow And Appreciates Motherland by omonnakoda: 5:29pm On Dec 14, 2022
nnamdi640:
Social media don't belong to anybody, but posting things that shouldn't be is wrong. That place he is trying to discredit their weather is what is keeping him going. Hypocrisy is bad in ones life, you can't be enjoying their place and still talk bad of their weather. Let him relocate back to Nigeria and come and enjoy the wonderful weather with us. Again, you don't know the meaning of frustration, am trying to correct a bad impression and you are here talking about bitterness and frustration.
I do not agree with posting such things but that is a matter of TASTE not that I am right and those who do are wrong

We must learn to understand that we have different backgrounds and levels of maturity
He is not trying to discredit their weather

That is your limited understanding

Anyone who lives in London would tell you that
Snow is News

It does not happen every year. Even if it does that is his own way of using social media and there is nothing wrong with it

So if a person gets excited or whatever and chooses to share it nothing wrong with that

If a person complains about his work that is not "discrediting" so to be honest I do not understand your mentality
So you would advise him to quit the job>
Re: Nigerian Man In Uk Laments Over The Snow And Appreciates Motherland by nnamdi640: 5:31pm On Dec 14, 2022
omonnakoda:
See logic
So if a pregnant women is struggling with her pregnancy she should abort
Married people with challenges should divorce
Struggling students should drop out
You seem pained that he is there and want him back at all cost?
Very toxic mentality I was going to ask if you are Igbo but your name says it all.

That is how Igbos reason. Envy
Beside, how are you sure that the name belong to me, what if I tell you that the name is not my real name and am not an Igbo by tribe. Now I know that some people are sick in the head.
Re: Nigerian Man In Uk Laments Over The Snow And Appreciates Motherland by omonnakoda: 5:31pm On Dec 14, 2022
nnamdi640:
It is someone that is mentally sick that will bring tribalism to this argument, beside if you talk about traveling to other countries, you and your acentors including your generation and your linage are still learners, so I will advice you to keep your mouth shut.
It is an anonymous forum any idiot can make all manner of empty boasts which is what we know you for

You are just bitter and envious . If he is struggling to cope with the weather he needs support and encouragement.

If you cannot offer that

Shut up your dirty mouth
Re: Nigerian Man In Uk Laments Over The Snow And Appreciates Motherland by omonnakoda: 5:34pm On Dec 14, 2022
nnamdi640:
Beside, how are you sure that the name belong to me, what if I tell you that the name is not my real name and am not an Igbo by tribe. Now I know that some people are sick in the head.
I do not know
I was going to ask if you are Igbo because that is how they reason.
I chose not to ask because I saw the name They are Always envious and bitter
If you like deny or admit I do not care

The koko is that you are envious and bitter
Re: Nigerian Man In Uk Laments Over The Snow And Appreciates Motherland by omonnakoda: 5:37pm On Dec 14, 2022
nnamdi640:
Social media don't belong to anybody, but posting things that shouldn't be is wrong. That place he is trying to discredit their weather is what is keeping him going. Hypocrisy is bad in ones life, you can't be enjoying their place and still talk bad of their weather. Let him relocate back to Nigeria and come and enjoy the wonderful weather with us. Again, you don't know the meaning of frustration, am trying to correct a bad impression and you are here talking about bitterness and frustration.
Don't Igbos discredit Lagos and Yorubas
Don't they discredit Ikwerre in PH calling them Lazy and abusing them that they sell ancestral land?
Here someone talked about how HE is struggling to cope with the weather and you say he is discrediting

HOW?
Re: Nigerian Man In Uk Laments Over The Snow And Appreciates Motherland by nnamdi640: 5:38pm On Dec 14, 2022
omonnakoda:
I do not agree with posting such things but that is a matter of TASTE not that I am right and those who do are wrong

We must learn to understand that we have different backgrounds and levels of maturity
He is not trying to discredit their weather

That is your limited understanding

Anyone who lives in London would tell you that
Snow is News

It does not happen every year. Even if it does that is his own way of using social media and there is nothing wrong with it

So if a person gets excited or whatever and chooses to share it nothing wrong with that

If a person complains about his work that is not "discrediting" so to be honest I do not understand your mentality
So you would advise him to quit the job>
How will you feel when you see some one you are harbouring under your own roof go on social media to tell the world that he prefer or appreciate his previous place he was staying than yours.
Re: Nigerian Man In Uk Laments Over The Snow And Appreciates Motherland by nnamdi640: 5:45pm On Dec 14, 2022
omonnakoda:
I do not know
I was going to ask if you are Igbo because that is how they reason.
I chose not to ask because I saw the name They are Always envious and bitter
If you like deny or admit I do not care

The koko is that you are envious and bitter
Mad people are everywhere. Just read what you wrote, then you will know that something is wrong with you. ( I was going to ask if you are Igbo because that is how they reason). Just read this again, then you will know that many are truly mad including the person that reason like what you wrote.
Re: Nigerian Man In Uk Laments Over The Snow And Appreciates Motherland by omonnakoda: 5:46pm On Dec 14, 2022
nnamdi640:
How will you feel when you see some one you are harbouring under your own roof go on social media to tell the world that he prefer or appreciate his previous place he was staying than yours.
There is no correlation with that and this

he never said anything like what you are saying
Did he talk about more than weather?
You are coming across as very toxic . You are the sort of person one should run very far from with this kind of mentality
~In this case just tell him Chibuike and if you cannot do that waka pass
Imagine the interpretation you are spewing on top complaint of cold and snow.

So white people in Nigeria earning a living should not complain about blackouts, heat or mosquitoes?

They do
Re: Nigerian Man In Uk Laments Over The Snow And Appreciates Motherland by omonnakoda: 5:48pm On Dec 14, 2022
nnamdi640:
Mad people are everywhere. .
This is very true

Just look in the mirror
Re: Nigerian Man In Uk Laments Over The Snow And Appreciates Motherland by nnamdi640: 5:49pm On Dec 14, 2022
omonnakoda:
There is no correlation with that and this

he never said anything like what you are saying
Did he talk about more than weather?
You are coming across as very toxic . You are the sort of person one should run very far from with this kind of mentality
~In this case just tell him Chibuike and if you cannot do that waka pass
Imagine the interpretation you are spewing on top complaint of cold and snow.

So white people in Nigeria earning a living should not complain about blackouts, heat or mosquitoes?

They do
It is unwise to complain of something you can't change. Complain on things that can be changed. Tell me, of what use is your complain?
Re: Nigerian Man In Uk Laments Over The Snow And Appreciates Motherland by nnamdi640: 5:52pm On Dec 14, 2022
omonnakoda:
This is very true

Just look in the mirror
You are a true definition of it
Re: Nigerian Man In Uk Laments Over The Snow And Appreciates Motherland by omonnakoda: 5:54pm On Dec 14, 2022
nnamdi640:
It is unwise to complain of something you can't change. Complain on things that can be change.
It is easy to say that but there is NO ONE that does not do that that is human nature
Are you always wise? Who is ?
We complain about Harmattan, rain, flood, covid 19, Traffic, Buhari,Death etc

. So you are being a hypocrite with that statement

Have you ever been to the UK

The NUMBER ONE Thing they talk about to a stranger they have just met is THE WEATHER

That is part of British culture

complaining about weather
https://www.bbc.com/future/article/20151214-why-do-brits-talk-about-the-weather-so-much
https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/4564935/brits-spend-10-months-of-their-lifetime-complaining-about-the-weather/
Re: Nigerian Man In Uk Laments Over The Snow And Appreciates Motherland by AerialMapper: 6:21pm On Dec 14, 2022
omonnakoda:

This is a failed attempt at face saving . Empty and meaningless
A white Christmas has an official definition in the UK
The point is ONE SNOWFLAKE anywher is all that is required to declare a WHITE CHRISTMAS In the UK

There are legal reasons for this which I do not have time to go into now
I am not interested in Wikipedia. And I did not need to do any Google search to come up with it

I know from direct personal experience and corrected you

Learn to accept correction gracefully
All the additional information you are stating is just diversionary and irrelevant

So please Shut up you are empty

Ok Santa Claus...why should I save face you snowflake? You picked one paragraph to buttress support your technical definition of white Christmas. Did you even read the entire page?

Mr Pinky Big Brain, go and take a seat. No one was talking about technical definition of christmas. The context of the post was the traditional notion of Christmas as being white which means snow covering the ground and not your Mr I-too-know official definition of one snowflake rubbish you came to copy and paste...talking about snowflake...you really are a snowflake. Google that later.

Okay Snowflake...take care
Re: Nigerian Man In Uk Laments Over The Snow And Appreciates Motherland by nnamdi640: 7:38pm On Dec 14, 2022
omonnakoda:
It is easy to say that but there is NO ONE that does not do that that is human nature
Are you always wise? Who is ?
We complain about Harmattan, rain, flood, covid 19, Traffic, Buhari,Death etc

. So you are being a hypocrite with that statement

Have you ever been to the UK

The NUMBER ONE Thing they talk about to a stranger they have just met is THE WEATHER

That is part of British culture

complaining about weather
https://www.bbc.com/future/article/20151214-why-do-brits-talk-about-the-weather-so-much
https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/4564935/brits-spend-10-months-of-their-lifetime-complaining-about-the-weather/
I have travelled to many places and talks good about those places known fully well that no place is 100 percent perfect and moreover, those places are more better than the place am coming from. I will be an hypocrite if I start making video of why where am coming from is better than where I am.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Man In Uk Laments Over The Snow And Appreciates Motherland by erico2k2(m): 7:42pm On Dec 14, 2022
isaacola57:
I said abroad not UK..I also think u need to open Ur eyes more
Thats even worse as we are talking about the UK, not what we see or hear on TV
Re: Nigerian Man In Uk Laments Over The Snow And Appreciates Motherland by omonnakoda: 7:43pm On Dec 14, 2022
nnamdi640:
I have travelled to many places and talks good about those places known fully well that no place is 100 percent perfect and moreover, those places are more better than the place am coming from. I will be an hypocrite if I start making video of why where am coming from is better than where I am.
You are a hypocrite saying people should not complain about what they cannot change but are complaining like a starving pet about somebody's post that you cannot do anything about, Irony
No one is interested in your biography or where you have been
You cannot stop the empty boasting. Who cares whether you have travelled to many places? Who ask you
Do what you like and live others to do the same

You are distorting what the person said
and that is dishonest. That is YOUR OWN interpretation based on your toxic mindset.
All that was being talked about was WEATHER. You started talking rubbish about harbouring somebody in my house an now saying one place is better because someone complained of cold and snow.
Re: Nigerian Man In Uk Laments Over The Snow And Appreciates Motherland by erico2k2(m): 7:43pm On Dec 14, 2022
nnamdi640:
Nah to change your lock on your doors ahahah
Re: Nigerian Man In Uk Laments Over The Snow And Appreciates Motherland by erico2k2(m): 7:45pm On Dec 14, 2022
isaacola57:
no.. be lost on the streets of provinces like Saskatchewan in winter (it's easy let Ur phone battery die and av no access to Google map and 911)which gets to -40 degrees or more in winter without your mitts u will have frost bites. They will amputate your wrist and fingers.
I know , what I'm trying to say is people who live in them areas are always ready. Just like in West at least everyone has winter jacket.
Re: Nigerian Man In Uk Laments Over The Snow And Appreciates Motherland by nnamdi640: 8:01pm On Dec 14, 2022
Ki
omonnakoda:
You are a hypocrite saying people should not complain about what they cannot change but are complaining like a starving pet about somebody's post that you cannot do anything about, Irony
No one is interested in your biography or where you have been
You cannot stop the empty boasting. Who cares whether you have travelled to many places? Who ask you
Do what you like and live others to do the same

You are distorting what the person said
and that is dishonest. That is YOUR OWN interpretation based on your toxic mindset.
All that was being talked about was WEATHER. You started talking rubbish about harbouring somebody in my house an now saying one place is better because someone complained of cold and snow.
Am saying it because I can make the person who posted this to see reason why doing this is wrong. I don't think you reason before commenting, who told you that such action can't be corrected. Am saying it again that it is unwise to complain on things you can't change but for this action, it can be corrected.
Re: Nigerian Man In Uk Laments Over The Snow And Appreciates Motherland by omonnakoda: 8:08pm On Dec 14, 2022
nnamdi640:
Ki Am saying it because I can make the person who posted this to see reason why doing this is wrong. I don't think you reason before commenting, who told you that such action can't be corrected. Am saying it again that it is unwise to complain on things you can't change but for this action, it can be corrected.
That it is wrong is YOUR opinion.

Some will agree with you and some won't. So there is no unanimity on that
Besides you have dishonestly misrepresented it as something completely different.
Telling lies against the young man. He never said anything to discredit the UK as you are making out
Talking rubbish about "harbouring"
If in the first place there is no unanimity that it is wrong then it is not going to change. You are the one who is unwise and a hypocrite
Re: Nigerian Man In Uk Laments Over The Snow And Appreciates Motherland by Bankowner: 9:28pm On Dec 14, 2022
The places you mention, are they not a part of the UK?

So what is not correct about white Christmas in the UK when the OP is not place specific?
iamwhat:

This is not correct... it's not always white christman in UK and snow doesn't fall everywhere in the UK. Snow falls monthly in the northern England and Scotland
Re: Nigerian Man In Uk Laments Over The Snow And Appreciates Motherland by Bankowner: 9:32pm On Dec 14, 2022
You lived everywhere in the UK or you want to say the place you stayed didn’t experience snow.
It’s always a white Christmas in the UK apart from where you lived.
AerialMapper:

NOT Correct! Hollywood and Coca Cola Ads makes us think Christmas is synonymous with snow but that is rarely the case. In my 6 years living there, i experienced only one "White Christmas". Yes the weather is cold but it isn't as picturesque as the movies or cocal cola ads
Re: Nigerian Man In Uk Laments Over The Snow And Appreciates Motherland by Bankowner: 9:35pm On Dec 14, 2022
In the whole of the UK, you’re telling me there are no places with white Christmas every year?

OP said UK, not London or Edinburg.
omonnakoda:
Not always. That is nonsense. What are YOU yapping about? 2018, 2019 were definitely NOT
Re: Nigerian Man In Uk Laments Over The Snow And Appreciates Motherland by Bankowner: 9:37pm On Dec 14, 2022
You’re being location specific my guy.
OP said UK and you can’t tell there are no places that have white Christmas in the UK every year.
IbrahimMav:

Not always.
The UK is located directly in the path of the gulf stream which entails mild summers and mild winters.
It can get very cold but unless you live in North of England or Scotland, Snowfall isn't a guarantee.
Sometimes it snows during the December period but often times snow doesn't arrive until mid January, and sometimes it doesn't even snow at all, esp in southern England.
Re: Nigerian Man In Uk Laments Over The Snow And Appreciates Motherland by Bankowner: 9:39pm On Dec 14, 2022
Guy said UK, not London.
tegrianonigltd:

London never snows any how, comes once a blue moon
Re: Nigerian Man In Uk Laments Over The Snow And Appreciates Motherland by omonnakoda: 9:40pm On Dec 14, 2022
Bankowner:
The places you mention, are they not a part of the UK?

So what is not correct about white Christmas in the UK when the OP is not place specific?
It is not always .It was not in 2019 and it was not in 2018
There is a government definition of White Christmas. It is not just a random phrase
There is a goverment department that records a Christmas as White or not
Bookmakers offer odds and accept bets on whether it will be a White Christmas and the determinant of whether they pay up or not is a declaration by the Meteorological Office that indeed it was a White Christmas according to a definition that is on their official government website
https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/uknews/20705498/will-it-snow-christmas-day-map-odds/
Re: Nigerian Man In Uk Laments Over The Snow And Appreciates Motherland by Bankowner: 9:40pm On Dec 14, 2022
In the whole of the UK?
grandstar:

Wrong. White Christmas are very rarely.
Re: Nigerian Man In Uk Laments Over The Snow And Appreciates Motherland by omonnakoda: 9:43pm On Dec 14, 2022
Bankowner:
In the whole of the UK, you’re telling me there are no places with white Christmas every year?

OP said UK, not London or Edinburg.
Clearly you do not know what you are talking about
I suggest you familiarize yourself with what the definition of white Christmas is specifically in the UK to avoid ridiculing yourself and stop arguing blindly.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Man In Uk Laments Over The Snow And Appreciates Motherland by Bankowner: 11:33pm On Dec 14, 2022
Oga! I am speaking from the context of the OP and not your definition.
omonnakoda:
Clearly you do not know what you are talking about
I suggest you familiarize yourself with what the definition of white Christmas is specifically in the UK to avoid ridiculing yourself and stop arguing blindly.
Re: Nigerian Man In Uk Laments Over The Snow And Appreciates Motherland by nnamdi640: 9:55am On Dec 15, 2022
omonnakoda:
That it is wrong is YOUR opinion.

Some will agree with you and some won't. So there is no unanimity on that
Besides you have dishonestly misrepresented it as something completely different.
Telling lies against the young man. He never said anything to discredit the UK as you are making out
Talking rubbish about "harbouring"
If in the first place there is no unanimity that it is wrong then it is not going to change. You are the one who is unwise and a hypocrite
You should try to understand what you post. Someone need not to discredit a place directly. He is doing it indirectly and you are here to defend rubbish. Why will it do a video of such if truly his intension is not to discredit the place. Please think before you defend rubbish.
Re: Nigerian Man In Uk Laments Over The Snow And Appreciates Motherland by omonnakoda: 9:57am On Dec 15, 2022
nnamdi640:
You should try to understand what you post. Someone need not to discredit a place directly. He is doing it indirectly and you are here to defend rubbish. Why will it do a video of such if truly his intension is not to discredit the place. Please think before you defend rubbish.

There is NOTHING like discredit
That exists in the FOUR CORNERS of YOUR HEAD only
You are bitter and envious with a very toxic mindset

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Iceland Deports Boko Haram Victim From Nigeria - Al Jazeera / Breathtaking Pictures Of Abuja. / Terrible Accident As Car Speeds Into BRT Lane Demarcation In Lagos (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 88
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.