Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,196 members, 7,880,729 topics. Date: Friday, 05 July 2024 at 04:48 AM

Seun Kuti Accuses Peter Okoye Of Calling Him A Tribalist - Celebrities (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Seun Kuti Accuses Peter Okoye Of Calling Him A Tribalist (28559 Views)

Cynthia Morgan Accuses Jude Okoye Of Stealing Her And Peter Okoye's Royalties / I've Moved On, And I Love It' - Peter Okoye Of Psquare Says (video) / Ubi Franklin Visits Paul Okoye Of Psquare’s Twins (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Seun Kuti Accuses Peter Okoye Of Calling Him A Tribalist by djon78(m): 10:01pm On Feb 08, 2023
omonnakoda:
Yes in Ibo land being richer implies superiority.So I know you must be Ibo
It does not work like that with other people and you folk will never get that
That is why a nobody asks where you got your money in Ibo land
Despite all your so called travelling you people fail to grasp this elementary fact
No matter how much money you have as long as you do not feed a person it is not his business
Learn how to have a conversation without steering it to who has more money if you are not conversing with Your fellow IbosI

IT IS BARBARIC
next thing you will hear
I can feed your generation
Very cool thing to say,,........

AMONG IBOS

Oga no carry your backward Ness come pollute this place

Money is respected around the world

The richest Nations of the Earth are more respected, has higher class of acceptance

Most of these richest Nations they don't need visa to visit one another

But the poorest Nations on the Earth especially African Nations are looked down upon

Na because we dey rub shoulders with people like una in one Nation the backward Ness is affecting all of us
That's why many young people getting tired are asking for there own Nation
Giving rise to ideologies like ipob

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Seun Kuti Accuses Peter Okoye Of Calling Him A Tribalist by Uchesis: 10:04pm On Feb 08, 2023
BigDick70inch:

Everyone knows seun kuti......probably u have bin hiding or been caged in the cave for a very long time....did u read where he got nominated for global award.....
95% of those who know seun kuti is because of Fela.
Re: Seun Kuti Accuses Peter Okoye Of Calling Him A Tribalist by RexTramadol1: 10:08pm On Feb 08, 2023
Lizzysamuel:

Everyone has the right to contest. You guys should also learn to respect that.

Why did Seun call Obi an opportunist?

Seun is a baby!! Without his father, he's a nobody. Ordinary shrine, he can't sell it out.

Those saying

OBIdients should stop what?

Between Obidients and Seun who started the fight?

The answer is Seun.

Out of all the Candidates, why did he single Peter Obi as an opportunist?

Abii you dey get selective amnesia?

Okay, Peter Obi na Psquare papa abi?

Who cry when person say baba wey no well.

Nobody tun go write epistle ooo

Well, Obi is going to lose woefully and this simple issue has even turned the little tide you are enjoying before against your candidate.

You brought Fela to the argument and people who know who Fela was will respond when the time comes.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Seun Kuti Accuses Peter Okoye Of Calling Him A Tribalist by tomju2(f): 10:10pm On Feb 08, 2023
Heavensent01:
the funny thing in this psquare show of shame is that they will lose fan and their peter obi dey want to force on us won't win

everyone knows Shout yeast people no get sense when it comes to politics but one would think Psquare that have stayed longer in a civilize Lagos will be different, hell no they're even worse than

Jokes apart. Psqaure are better musicians than Seun Kuti. Argue with your keypads.

come and throw peter obi inside asorock now, the repackage failure that won reelection in Anambra yet use their eyes see hell won't be my president now and forever

if igbo will become President not with Peter obi, go and write it down
Re: Seun Kuti Accuses Peter Okoye Of Calling Him A Tribalist by alcuin(m): 10:12pm On Feb 08, 2023
FriendofGod:

Don't mind them.

To people like him, music has to be popular for you to be regarded.

The same argument we have with the Nobel Prize. Some people wanted Achebe to win simply because his novels were popular.

Art doesn't have to be commercially successful to be art. In fact, art should not be too commercial.

Very correct. Because Art speaks to the Soul. Its spiritual.

Only deeply conscious people appreciate Art.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Seun Kuti Accuses Peter Okoye Of Calling Him A Tribalist by omonnakoda: 10:14pm On Feb 08, 2023
djon78:

Oga no carry your backward Ness come pollute this place

Money is respected around the world

The richest Nations of the Earth are more respected, has higher class of acceptance

Most of these richest Nations they don't need visa to visit one another

But the poorest Nations on the Earth especially African Nations are looked down upon

Na because we dey rub shoulders with people like una in one Nation the backward Ness is affecting all of us
That's why many young people getting tired are asking for there own Nation
Giving rise to ideologies like ipob
Money with manners
Ibos are mannerless and crude
An Iboman who feeds his father expects his father to greet him first
Going around slapping elders in their village because they have more money
It does work like That among civilize d folk
You won't understand

8 Likes

Re: Seun Kuti Accuses Peter Okoye Of Calling Him A Tribalist by Wipper7000: 10:20pm On Feb 08, 2023
Lizzysamuel:

Everyone has the right to contest. You guys should also learn to respect that.

Why did Seun call Obi an opportunist?

Seun is a baby!! Without his father, he's a nobody. Ordinary shrine, he can't sell it out.

Those saying

OBIdients should stop what?

Between Obidients and Seun who started the fight?

The answer is Seun.

Out of all the Candidates, why did he single Peter Obi as an opportunist?

Abii you dey get selective amnesia?
Why you obidients dont accept criticism whereas you people insult BAT every second

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Seun Kuti Accuses Peter Okoye Of Calling Him A Tribalist by buzorcharles(m): 10:21pm On Feb 08, 2023
trutharena:
He also has one Grammy award nomination while Peter Psquare has none.

Bro u go interview, at last u were not chosen, u still they jobless. Thank u
Re: Seun Kuti Accuses Peter Okoye Of Calling Him A Tribalist by Talawaka: 10:27pm On Feb 08, 2023
Seun Kuti has made his point. It is time to cease fire.

As his collaborations alone speak volume, those who refuse to accept the broad appeal of his music are simply in denial.

P.S: I hope respectable elders in the industry can help both warring parties arrive at a detente of sorts pretty soon. cool

1 Like

Re: Seun Kuti Accuses Peter Okoye Of Calling Him A Tribalist by IbileIfe: 10:29pm On Feb 08, 2023
G00DHardDick:

We know those 3 musicians you just mentioned Above, but never heard of seun kuti. Who be Seun kuti abeg? Wetin e dey sing? Which song e dey sing? Dude as far back as 2007 respectively psqaures have been reigning. Everyone knows psqaures including you. Psqaures are legends. You wan tell me say you know no at least 5 psqaures songs off hand? So what else are we saying?

Oga abeg rest, Seun kuti is a nobody. Even the juju songs he claims he sings are all trash. E sure me die say u no even get any of the seun kuti songs for your phone right now. And yet you dey use the guy make noise. Oga rest, the guy is a nobody
Seun's mother and my elder sister, Chinyere were members of Fela Kuti's band.
Peesonally I am also a musician, but composing songs as an art with two recordings; "Hardway To Broadway" in Hollywood (a copy is in the Library of Congress, Washington DC) and "She Comes on Sundays" in Lagos for which I had a one hour interview on the BBC Radio in April, 2003.
I have only had one public performance backed by Dabyna Abraham and his rock band for my song, "Darego" in celebration of Darego Agbani when she became the Miss World in 2001.

1 Like

Re: Seun Kuti Accuses Peter Okoye Of Calling Him A Tribalist by sheriffindy(m): 10:49pm On Feb 08, 2023
Much happier than yours
Kyase:

Life is all about money and fame bro
There's more to life

So keep fame aside, what my Lineage achieved psquare can only dream about it

Ask them if they are happy in their family first 😷
Re: Seun Kuti Accuses Peter Okoye Of Calling Him A Tribalist by Thonee(m): 11:02pm On Feb 08, 2023
If you want to analyze Seun's opportunist claim, you'll find out that Tinubu is the real opportunist.
They used lies the bring Buhari to power and he seize the opportunity that his party is ruling to buy all the delegates in the name of emi lokan.
Seun should hide his face in shame cos he's supposed to be attacking Buhari as his father did if he's bold enough.

1 Like

Re: Seun Kuti Accuses Peter Okoye Of Calling Him A Tribalist by Bobbiee: 11:02pm On Feb 08, 2023
The kid Kuti is only known because of his father. Psquare built themselves from the ground up and worked for decades when the boy, Kuti was still wearing pampers

1 Like

Re: Seun Kuti Accuses Peter Okoye Of Calling Him A Tribalist by Born2Breed(f): 11:05pm On Feb 08, 2023
grin

We are seeing the CORNnection

1 Like

Re: Seun Kuti Accuses Peter Okoye Of Calling Him A Tribalist by Jones4190(m): 11:07pm On Feb 08, 2023
Reinamaria:
We will not hear the end of this their petty fight any time soon.

Nominated when?
Or you mean Femi?
2019 olodo, go and verify.
Seun Kuti is bigger than psquare

7 Likes

Re: Seun Kuti Accuses Peter Okoye Of Calling Him A Tribalist by djon78(m): 11:10pm On Feb 08, 2023
omonnakoda:
Money with manners
Going around slapping elders in their village because they have more moneyp
You won't understand

Like I said most of you lots are extremely backward

How does Europeans, Americans and Asians rate you guys

Abeg park go one side

We have nothing in common

1 Like

Re: Seun Kuti Accuses Peter Okoye Of Calling Him A Tribalist by omonnakoda: 11:13pm On Feb 08, 2023
djon78:

Like I said most of you lots are extremely backward

How does Europeans, Americans and Asians rate you guys

Abeg park go one side

We have nothing in common
Good question how do they rate you in India?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Seun Kuti Accuses Peter Okoye Of Calling Him A Tribalist by sgtponzihater1(m): 11:15pm On Feb 08, 2023
Sandazblack:
Unpopular opinion: Psquare are more legendary than Fela the overhyped weed lord with zero melody in his songs, just an average afrobeat singer that talks about the evils of the government and nothing more. Even most of you claiming Fela this and Fela that don’t even listen to his music, y’all just jump on the bandwagon of the same ol story they told us. Seun on the other hand is a talentless mofo who’s preying on the legacy of his dad, Psquare no be your mate bro, stick to smoking Indian hemp

Na wa. A man who developed a genre of music is overhyped?
Many rarely know the meaning of honouring those who have come before us and pass this disloyalty on to the next generation.
Seun has obviously been more conscious and vocal than most of the chest beating people who are now heroes and legends for supporting their kins man. 8yrs ago the same folks were dancing for buhari.
God for us all!

6 Likes

Re: Seun Kuti Accuses Peter Okoye Of Calling Him A Tribalist by bolarinwa2020: 11:17pm On Feb 08, 2023
Sandazblack:
Unpopular opinion: Psquare are more legendary than Fela the overhyped weed lord with zero melody in his songs, just an average afrobeat singer that talks about the evils of the government and nothing more. Even most of you claiming Fela this and Fela that don’t even listen to his music, y’all just jump on the bandwagon of the same ol story they told us. Seun on the other hand is a talentless mofo who’s preying on the legacy of his dad, Psquare no be your mate bro, stick to smoking Indian hemp
How can a Nigerian say this

1 Like

Re: Seun Kuti Accuses Peter Okoye Of Calling Him A Tribalist by Truthdeypain: 11:17pm On Feb 08, 2023
Heavensent01:
the funny thing in this psquare show of shame is that they will lose fan and their peter obi dey want to force on us won't win

everyone knows Shout yeast people no get sense when it comes to politics but one would think Psquare that have stayed longer in a civilize Lagos will be different, hell no they're even worse than those in Shout yeast

come and throw peter obi inside asorock now, the repackage failure that won reelection in Anambra yet use their eyes see hell won't be my president now and forever

if igbo will become President not with Peter obi, go and write it down

Obasanjo is the last president yoruba will produce in this nation. Go and write it down oloriburuku!
Re: Seun Kuti Accuses Peter Okoye Of Calling Him A Tribalist by sgtponzihater1(m): 11:18pm On Feb 08, 2023
omonnakoda:
Money with manners
Going around slapping elders in their village because they have more money
You won't understand

This! We should all thrive to remain humble.
Re: Seun Kuti Accuses Peter Okoye Of Calling Him A Tribalist by tonididdy(m): 11:21pm On Feb 08, 2023
Kyase:

Dem dey always talk say some twins dey dull and no dey always get sense
I don see two sets of twins wey get sense and brain
And many dull ones
Psquare dey part of the dull ones
No wonder dem no fit finish school, the brain no fit carry am

Oga leave school matter
Na money we want chop not be book.

I’m a huge fan of anything Nigerian music, I always give a listening chance and trust me “I don hear trillions of naija songs” but this seun Kutu I have never heard a track of his.
I thought he was just a trumpeter like his brother femi.

1 Like

Re: Seun Kuti Accuses Peter Okoye Of Calling Him A Tribalist by bolarinwa2020: 11:21pm On Feb 08, 2023
Thonee:
If you want to analyze Seun's opportunist claim, you'll find out that Tinubu is the real opportunist.
They used lies the bring Buhari to power and he seize the opportunity that his party is ruling to buy all the delegates in the name of emi lokan.
Seun should hide his face in shame cos he's supposed to be attacking Buhari as his father did if he's bold enough.
Do you even know the meaning of that word, po left pdp cos he was not given ticket and he seized the opportunity to switch to labour party

3 Likes

Re: Seun Kuti Accuses Peter Okoye Of Calling Him A Tribalist by Mikebjoe: 11:24pm On Feb 08, 2023
And you are all over yoruba land doing your dirty business 😂😂
Hendrixky:
After this election we are going to be aware of certain things
1)the problem of Nigeria is tribalism and not all about religion but mostly tribalism
And hausas are not really tribalistic the way we thought
But the yorubas are more tribalistic

Because as at the time Buhari was sick and travelling for medical attention we all was clamouring for him to hand over to a healthy and vibrant Osinbajo. We regretted our action of being stupid to elect a sick old man

But now we have a vibrant and healthy Peter obi contesting but the yorubas because of tribalism wants us to install tinubu again knowing fully well that the world will mock us

The worse part of it is that the pain and memory of the incessant travel for medical check up by Buhari is still very fresh in our mind.not like it happened 20 years ago. It just happened yesterday..

And for all those quoting me. Please am not any of this tribe not igbo, yoruba or hausa. I'm from the South South

4 Likes

Re: Seun Kuti Accuses Peter Okoye Of Calling Him A Tribalist by tonididdy(m): 11:25pm On Feb 08, 2023
Jones4190:

2019 olodo, go and verify.
Seun Kuti is bigger than psquare

It’s an insult to compare seun with Psquare
From net worth to exposure
Pure insult on the psquares

But I’ll let it slide, you are speaking on tribal sentimental emotions.

Ps: I’m not Igbo!

1 Like

Re: Seun Kuti Accuses Peter Okoye Of Calling Him A Tribalist by tonididdy(m): 11:30pm On Feb 08, 2023
IbileIfe:

Seun's mother and my elder sister, Chinyere were members of Fela Kuti's band.
Peesonally I am also a musician, but composing songs as an art with two recordings; "Hardway To Broadway" in Hollywood (a copy is in the Library of Congress, Washington DC) and "She Comes on Sundays" in Lagos for which I had a one hour interview on the BBC Radio in April, 2003.
I have only had one public performance backed by Dabyna Abraham and his rock band for my song, "Darego" in celebration of Darego Agbani when she became the Miss World in 2001.

So…??
How does this Information unsettle the fact that psquare are bigger … I mean mightier than all of Felaz kids put together.

No insults but I think you are also in the league of seun because honestly nobody knows you lots.
You can go as far as the Arabs in Dubai and the Moroccans dey know psquare. This is a fact! Not an opinion

1 Like

Re: Seun Kuti Accuses Peter Okoye Of Calling Him A Tribalist by AlwaysPositive: 11:34pm On Feb 08, 2023
Throwback:

Is Peter Obi not an opportunist?

What is his political legacy?

Is he an organic presidential candidate like Bola Tinubu who built the structures he is now enjoying, and the party he is now representing at the elections?

What is the name of the party that Peter Obi built and laboured for before he secured the party ticket to be presidential candidate?

Why are you hurt by the truth that Peter Obi is a typical political prostitute without ideology, and a desperate ticket hunter?

Did Peter Obi even know the manifesto of the Labour Party before he hurriedly joined to secure an easy presidential ticket?

Peter Obi is not just an opportunist, he is a political charlatan and pretender.

Certainly not organic or a contender.

Have you been paid this month

Collect your money ooo, after election, you won't see shishi again oo.. just an advice.

1 Like

Re: Seun Kuti Accuses Peter Okoye Of Calling Him A Tribalist by tonididdy(m): 11:35pm On Feb 08, 2023
The Psquare Brothers are bigger than all of felaz children put together.

I’m sorry baba90 but that’s a fact!
Re: Seun Kuti Accuses Peter Okoye Of Calling Him A Tribalist by Bigchristo: 11:38pm On Feb 08, 2023
POGazette:
SUG president, Sowore paid Seun Kuti to promote him and castigate other candidate
Thats a lie bro Seun Kuti didn’t even tried to promote Sowore that dude isn’t campaigning or promoting any political candidates, but where he got it wrong was when he called Peter Obi an opportunist, we need to be learning how to use words in this country in order not to get a serious backlash, if he is not supporting anybody then let him keep mute
Re: Seun Kuti Accuses Peter Okoye Of Calling Him A Tribalist by Bigchristo: 11:42pm On Feb 08, 2023
trutharena:
Seun Kuti also replied to the jab of Psquare saying he did not blow.

He listed the venues he has performed internationally.

So in your mind you think P-square hasn’t be making international performance? For music and entertainment P-square and Mr. P is way better than Seun Kuti, let’s forget all these gbas gbos shoe get size

1 Like

Re: Seun Kuti Accuses Peter Okoye Of Calling Him A Tribalist by POGazette: 11:42pm On Feb 08, 2023
Bigchristo:
Thats a lie bro Seun Kuti didn’t even tried to promote Sowore that dude isn’t campaigning or promoting any political candidates, but where he got it wrong was when he called Peter Obi an opportunist, we need to be learning how to use words in this country in order not to get a serious backlash, if he is not supporting anybody then let him keep mute
try to do your research before calling someone a liar

Re: Seun Kuti Accuses Peter Okoye Of Calling Him A Tribalist by Bigchristo: 11:43pm On Feb 08, 2023
POGazette:
try to do your research before calling someone a liar
Na blogger Dey give you gist try watch the interview and stop banking on blog page news

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Liz Anjorin Slams Those Above 30 & Single For Taking Sides In Marital Issues / Yinka Ayefele: Why I Kept My Triplets Away From Public After Birth / Jnr Pope Odonwodo & Wife Celebrate 1 Year Wedding Anniversary (PHOTOS)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.