Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,177,405 members, 7,901,115 topics. Date: Friday, 26 July 2024 at 12:07 AM

Seun Kuti Accuses Peter Okoye Of Calling Him A Tribalist - Celebrities (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Seun Kuti Accuses Peter Okoye Of Calling Him A Tribalist (28696 Views)

Portable Claims He Got N2M From Governor Abiodun After Calling Him Out / I've Moved On, And I Love It' - Peter Okoye Of Psquare Says (video) / Ubi Franklin Visits Paul Okoye Of Psquare’s Twins (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Seun Kuti Accuses Peter Okoye Of Calling Him A Tribalist by POGazette: 11:50pm On Feb 08, 2023
Bigchristo:
Na blogger Dey give you gist try watch the interview and stop banking on blog page news
so Sahara Reporters na blogger?
Re: Seun Kuti Accuses Peter Okoye Of Calling Him A Tribalist by Charismatic107: 11:52pm On Feb 08, 2023
Sandazblack:
Unpopular opinion: Psquare are more legendary than Fela the overhyped weed lord with zero melody in his songs, just an average afrobeat singer that talks about the evils of the government and nothing more. Even most of you claiming Fela this and Fela that don’t even listen to his music, y’all just jump on the bandwagon of the same ol story they told us. Seun on the other hand is a talentless mofo who’s preying on the legacy of his dad, Psquare no be your mate bro, stick to smoking Indian hemp
Did you just say P square is more legendary than Fela, How old are you boy?
Am a big fan of P Square and I love their music but bro don't ever put Fela and P square in the same sentence.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Seun Kuti Accuses Peter Okoye Of Calling Him A Tribalist by Dareal90s(m): 11:55pm On Feb 08, 2023
Reinamaria:
We will not hear the end of this their petty fight any time soon.

Nominated when?
Or you mean Femi?
Seun Kuti was nominated for Grammy in 2018 in the world music category.

1 Like

Re: Seun Kuti Accuses Peter Okoye Of Calling Him A Tribalist by Bigchristo: 12:07am On Feb 09, 2023
POGazette:
so Sahara Reporters na blogger?
waiting dem be before?
Re: Seun Kuti Accuses Peter Okoye Of Calling Him A Tribalist by Kyase(m): 12:09am On Feb 09, 2023
tonididdy:

Oga leave school matter
Na money we want chop not be book.

I’m a huge fan of anything Nigerian music, I always give a listening chance and trust me “I don hear trillions of naija songs” but this seun Kutu I have never heard a track of his.
I thought he was just a trumpeter like his brother femi.
then na trash you dey listen to

1 Like

Re: Seun Kuti Accuses Peter Okoye Of Calling Him A Tribalist by McEphiks(m): 12:18am On Feb 09, 2023
Sandazblack:
Unpopular opinion: Psquare are more legendary than Fela the overhyped weed lord with zero melody in his songs, just an average afrobeat singer that talks about the evils of the government and nothing more. Even most of you claiming Fela this and Fela that don’t even listen to his music, y’all just jump on the bandwagon of the same ol story they told us. Seun on the other hand is a talentless mofo who’s preying on the legacy of his dad, Psquare no be your mate bro, stick to smoking Indian hemp

Dad is overhyped yet left a legacy. Lol. Nairalanders wants to kill me with laugh

1 Like

Re: Seun Kuti Accuses Peter Okoye Of Calling Him A Tribalist by Gbemini(m): 12:19am On Feb 09, 2023
Seun kuti 6-0 peter / peter obi angry angry grin grin grin....

2 Likes

Re: Seun Kuti Accuses Peter Okoye Of Calling Him A Tribalist by TrueNigerian300: 12:44am On Feb 09, 2023
omonnakoda:
Yes in Ibo land being richer implies superiority.So I know you must be Ibo
It does not work like that with other people and you folk will never get that
That is why a nobody asks where you got your money in Ibo land
Despite all your so called travelling you people fail to grasp this elementary fact
No matter how much money you have as long as you do not feed a person it is not his business
Learn how to have a conversation without steering it to who has more money if you are not conversing with Your fellow IbosI

IT IS BARBARIC
next thing you will hear
I can feed your generation
Very cool thing to say,,........

AMONG IBOS

Very uncivilized set of morons any small things they quickly mention money. Very backward and dumb morons everywhere.

2 Likes

Re: Seun Kuti Accuses Peter Okoye Of Calling Him A Tribalist by bencr7: 12:51am On Feb 09, 2023
Heavensent01:
the funny thing in this psquare show of shame is that they will lose fan and their peter obi dey want to force on us won't win

everyone knows Shout yeast people no get sense when it comes to politics but one would think Psquare that have stayed longer in a civilize Lagos will be different, hell no they're even worse than those in Shout yeast

come and throw peter obi inside asorock now, the repackage failure that won reelection in Anambra yet use their eyes see hell won't be my president now and forever

if igbo will become President not with Peter obi, go and write it down
south east no get sense in politics,but ur pple were know d politics,why yet una no used d politics to change d country to work well,u guys vote for buhari to teach south east lesson,even when he call them 5%,u all laugh not knowing is administration will become d living hell to all tribes in Nigeria,even to is own pple and region,I can see it only south east pple,who apc bad report card is affecting.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Seun Kuti Accuses Peter Okoye Of Calling Him A Tribalist by tegrianonigltd(m): 12:56am On Feb 09, 2023
Throwback:

Is Peter Obi not an opportunist?

What is his political legacy?

Is he an organic presidential candidate like Bola Tinubu who built the structures he is now enjoying, and the party he is now representing at the elections?

What is the name of the party that Peter Obi built and laboured for before he secured the party ticket to be presidential candidate?

Why are you hurt by the truth that Peter Obi is a typical political prostitute without ideology, and a desperate ticket hunter?

Did Peter Obi even know the manifesto of the Labour Party before he hurriedly joined to secure an easy presidential ticket?

Peter Obi is not just an opportunist, he is a political charlatan and pretender.

Certainly not organic or a contender.

What is structure? Masses isn’t the structure? Tinubu built you guys as structure not us, Stockholm syndrome. Who is Tinubu to tell me about governance, when I have seen Kwankwaso works, Obi work, akpabio, because he increased tax and made revenue while still borrowing heavily? and he increased revenue, where are the revenue going, most of the project in Lagos are private sectors, private investments with Lagos been a commercial hub like Johannesburg, Cairo, London. Etc.

Is ojora badia, ikotun, ikorodu, obawole, Alakija, ojo, alaba, Sangotedo, bad road lekki, coconut so many more not Lagos? Those horrible slums, with Lagos been a big hub and 5 th largest economy

1 Like

Re: Seun Kuti Accuses Peter Okoye Of Calling Him A Tribalist by Swallowurspit(m): 1:26am On Feb 09, 2023
buzorcharles:

Bro u go interview, at last u were not chosen, u still they jobless. Thank u

Bro, e better and hopeful than someone who’s CV no qualify for interview o. Thank u
Re: Seun Kuti Accuses Peter Okoye Of Calling Him A Tribalist by omoadeleye(m): 1:49am On Feb 09, 2023
Sandazblack:

You were able to tell us the type of musics concept the Felas are known for, but at least don't be silly and tell us why Psquare are greater in terms of the type of their music
Re: Seun Kuti Accuses Peter Okoye Of Calling Him A Tribalist by Berankis: 1:54am On Feb 09, 2023
OnyeAshuaUru:
Nobody knows who the hell is Seun Kuti, talk more of knowing that he's a musician.
Mildly put, my very self plus my 11 kids, my two wives and 10 concubines have never heard the name Seun Keti talk more of hearing any of his certainly depressing songs.
A new Nigeria is POssible.
Vote LP

Joke apart, I'm no student of Nigerian music, but I know the three musicians you mentioned above very well and can sing along to at least five of their songs each. In fact, as a student around 2011, I used to read all through the night with MI's rap playing back to back on my PC.
But you see this dirty bloke you call Seun Kuti, I repeat that I have never heard of him talk more of hearing any song he made. To hell with his audio achievements! They don't make Nigerians dance like PSquare have been doing for decades now.
With this mentality of yours and others alike... stop wondering why you are in deep shit in this country. You will always be.
Re: Seun Kuti Accuses Peter Okoye Of Calling Him A Tribalist by diogochantel: 2:32am On Feb 09, 2023
Seun Kuti better change and be a good Nigerian. Stop being tribalistic.

1 Like

Re: Seun Kuti Accuses Peter Okoye Of Calling Him A Tribalist by BigIyanga: 3:16am On Feb 09, 2023
Seun is an attention seeker who’s riding on Fela’s name. If u remove Kuti from his last name who is he?
Peter Okoye built his name, brand and career from the ground.. dem no mate.

1 Like

Re: Seun Kuti Accuses Peter Okoye Of Calling Him A Tribalist by aestake: 3:26am On Feb 09, 2023
prof22:
Speak for yourself. You don't know him, the facts of his achievements are here online, same way you can check for the twins, his genre of music is not on the street, his international tours are there, he is unique and original, thars what grammy recognise and appreciate the twins are not hence they are limited. He has a grammy nomination to his name, that is International recognition, that's the peak of that industry ...this your very self life is mysterious grin una fit determine who rules ds country grin
Where are your own music?
Re: Seun Kuti Accuses Peter Okoye Of Calling Him A Tribalist by Ikemba007: 3:31am On Feb 09, 2023
This obidient thing really got many going bananas grin

Sandazblack:

Psquare are more legendary than Fela the overhyped weed lord with zero melody,

Psquare no be your mate bro, stick to smoking Indian hemp

1 Like

Re: Seun Kuti Accuses Peter Okoye Of Calling Him A Tribalist by zinizta: 4:42am On Feb 09, 2023
Sandazblack:

Them suppose require Facebook verification to post for this group because I go like just see the profile of cowards like this one.

Hiding behind anonymity to cap carelessly.

This one dey hooked on delusion.

Only in a parallel universe, are you making any sense.
Re: Seun Kuti Accuses Peter Okoye Of Calling Him A Tribalist by zinizta: 4:44am On Feb 09, 2023
Reinamaria:

Nominated when?
Or you mean Femi?

Educate yourself and stop fooling around.

Secondly , P-square are artistes while Ṣeun is a musician - understand the difference.
Re: Seun Kuti Accuses Peter Okoye Of Calling Him A Tribalist by zinizta: 4:45am On Feb 09, 2023
bencr7:
south east no get sense in politics,but ur pple were know d politics,why yet una no used d politics to change d country to work well,u guys vote for buhari to teach south east lesson,even when he call them 5%,u all laugh not knowing is administration will become d living hell to all tribes in Nigeria,even to is own pple and region,I can see it only south east pple,who apc bad report card is affecting.

Re: Seun Kuti Accuses Peter Okoye Of Calling Him A Tribalist by broadman20: 4:54am On Feb 09, 2023
omonnakoda:
Good question how much is winning the World cup worth for a footballer?
I wonder why Mbappe was crying when he lost out

I asked this question because you are celebrating an ordinary nomination that worth next to nothing.

I wonder how you compare a second place world cup that' goes home with some price money with a worthless nomination.

Hahahaha!
Re: Seun Kuti Accuses Peter Okoye Of Calling Him A Tribalist by omonnakoda: 5:42am On Feb 09, 2023
broadman20:

I asked this question because you are celebrating an ordinary nomination that worth next to nothing.

I wonder how you compare a second place world cup that' goes home with some price money with a worthless nomination.

Hahahaha!

Well I asked the question to show you that not everyone equates value with money like many Iboes
That is why Iboes are not culturally irrelevant. will
You won't understand these things because you are philistines
Why was Mbappe crying was the question? Was it because of the money?
How much is an Olympic gold medal?even interhouse sports medal?
You have already sold your language and ikengas,what is left. Even Oja music Will soon die out because there is no money in it
For you life Is all about money
Fela was not rich why are we talking about him and not about any Ibos of his era?
They are making shows about him in New York,Wyclef making songs about him and so on
Only an uncivilized barbarian will judge the value of a Grammy nomination in naira and kobo
How much money did Chinua Achebe have compared to Peter Okoye?
I suggest you focus on buying and selling and leave culture to others who know what they are doing
The point is PETER OKOYE HAS NO MORAL STANDING TO TELL NIGERIANS WHO TO VOTE FOR NOT HOW MUCH HE HAS. HE SUPPORTED BUHARI
Re: Seun Kuti Accuses Peter Okoye Of Calling Him A Tribalist by Teeroyzimma: 5:45am On Feb 09, 2023
trutharena:

Without his father he sang with live band outside the shores of Nigeria and was nominated for a Grammy award.

What is bad in calling the lunatic Obi an opportunist? Do you know how many times you Obiidiots have attacked Tinubu?

Is Obi your god that you think no one can call out?
25th of February is here I don bookmark your comment
Re: Seun Kuti Accuses Peter Okoye Of Calling Him A Tribalist by fredoooooo: 6:58am On Feb 09, 2023
Throwback:

This reply from Seun is loud.

He is a better musician than the singing duo.

He may not be commercially successful, but has a better musical profile than the singing twins.
Jumping up and down like a lost toad and frog is what they termed music..
I saw seun perform in Swiss one time omo everything get levels.

2 Likes

Re: Seun Kuti Accuses Peter Okoye Of Calling Him A Tribalist by abbeyfel: 7:52am On Feb 09, 2023
Sandazblack:
My simple question is, "how old are you?"
Re: Seun Kuti Accuses Peter Okoye Of Calling Him A Tribalist by Dshocker(m): 7:55am On Feb 09, 2023
trutharena:
He also has one Grammy award nomination while Peter Psquare has none.

Nomination and still staying in his father's property.

I can swear with my life right about now that you are reading this, that you know non of Seun's song.
Re: Seun Kuti Accuses Peter Okoye Of Calling Him A Tribalist by broadman20: 8:00am On Feb 09, 2023
omonnakoda:

Well I asked the question to show you that not everyone equates value with money like many Iboes
That is why Iboes are not culturally irrelevant. will
You won't understand these things because you are philistines
Why was Mbappe crying was the question? Was it because of the money?
How much is an Olympic gold medal?even interhouse sports medal?
You have already sold your language and ikengas,what is left. Even Oja music Will soon die out because there is no money in it
For you life Is all about money
Fela was not rich why are we talking about him and not about any Ibos of his era?
They are making shows about him in New York,Wyclef making songs about him and so on
Only an uncivilized barbarian will judge the value of a Grammy nomination in naira and kobo
How much money did Chinua Achebe have compared to Peter Okoye?
I suggest you focus on buying and selling and leave culture to others who know what they are doing
The point is PETER OKOYE HAS NO MORAL STANDING TO TELL NIGERIANS WHO TO VOTE FOR NOT HOW MUCH HE HAS. HE SUPPORTED BUHARI

From the last time I checked, this picture below that has been circulated across the world is never the picture of the house of an Igbo man who you claimed to love money more than you.

Hypocrisy is when you pretend and accused others what you are even more dangerous of

Jesus said and I quote: (Matt 5:20)

Unless your righteousness exceeds that of the scribes and Pharisees, you may not enter the kingdom of God.....

Are people better than the IGBOS in righteous living?

Are you not they people the whole world calls SKULL MININERS?

What are you mining the skull for?

To joke and play with it or to see how a skull is?

My dear stop deceiving yourself on what you know you are guilty of.

Re: Seun Kuti Accuses Peter Okoye Of Calling Him A Tribalist by shonepa(m): 8:14am On Feb 09, 2023
What did seun start? He called a spade a spade. All these musicians can collect money from politicians. Now Peter they campaign for Obi, who knows who he will campaign for next 4 years.

And to correct you cos i know obidients jump into conclusions without full report. He said it clearly that Tinubu and Atiku are not even supposed to be among the candidates becos they have clearly failed the people, thats why he has not saliva to waste on them.

Obi is still debatable, thats all what he said. Now all obidients are coming for his head.

Lizzysamuel:

Everyone has the right to contest. You guys should also learn to respect that.

Why did Seun call Obi an opportunist?

Seun is a baby!! Without his father, he's a nobody. Ordinary shrine, he can't sell it out.

Those saying

OBIdients should stop what?

Between Obidients and Seun who started the fight?

The answer is Seun.

Out of all the Candidates, why did he single Peter Obi as an opportunist?

Abii you dey get selective amnesia?

1 Like

Re: Seun Kuti Accuses Peter Okoye Of Calling Him A Tribalist by MisfitHPG: 8:21am On Feb 09, 2023
Kyase:

Dem dey always talk say some twins dey dull and no dey always get sense
I don see two sets of twins wey get sense and brain
And many dull ones
Psquare dey part of the dull ones
No wonder dem no fit finish school, the brain no fit carry am
you wey intelligent cone finish school,wetin you don achieve for life?
Re: Seun Kuti Accuses Peter Okoye Of Calling Him A Tribalist by shonepa(m): 8:21am On Feb 09, 2023
What if ur own lineage?. I dont get it, if u cant make a stand yourself why attack people's family. They should gi and settle their family problem. Charity begins at home

HIGHESTPOPORI:
Unfortunately nobody from your linage and generation to come go fit achieve their success.
Re: Seun Kuti Accuses Peter Okoye Of Calling Him A Tribalist by shonepa(m): 8:27am On Feb 09, 2023
Seun kuti was nominated for grammy...with his Egypt 80 band. All what seun has been preaching is we should do research ourselves . Whe should not allow someone tell us say na fish dey inside sardine

Reinamaria:

Nominated when?
Or you mean Femi?
Re: Seun Kuti Accuses Peter Okoye Of Calling Him A Tribalist by aswani(m): 8:27am On Feb 09, 2023
Sandazblack:
I am sure if any of the twins see this post of yours, particularly regarding what you said about Fela, they will be horrified.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Uchenna Nnanna Plays The Role Of Mary In Passion Of Christ Drama In Her Church / Abuja Hype Man And MC Steve Headmaster Engages Fiancée As Wedding Holds Thursday / Stephanie Okereke Celebrates Son's Birthday With Beautiful Family Photo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.