Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,196 members, 7,880,729 topics. Date: Friday, 05 July 2024 at 04:44 AM

Seun Kuti Accuses Peter Okoye Of Calling Him A Tribalist - Celebrities (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Seun Kuti Accuses Peter Okoye Of Calling Him A Tribalist (28557 Views)

Cynthia Morgan Accuses Jude Okoye Of Stealing Her And Peter Okoye's Royalties / I've Moved On, And I Love It' - Peter Okoye Of Psquare Says (video) / Ubi Franklin Visits Paul Okoye Of Psquare’s Twins (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Seun Kuti Accuses Peter Okoye Of Calling Him A Tribalist by shonepa(m): 8:46am On Feb 09, 2023
He formed ACN yes Bola Ahmed, and when he said its my turn, is there any automatic system that will take em to aso rock? He won his party's primaries. Then let Nigerians decide.

I dont know why we waste our energy on things that dont even matter.

PointZerom:

Which political party did Thifnubu build?

Can you tell me the people that formed APC that you're claiming he built.

If truly Thifnubu is democratic will he say IT IS MY TURN?

Can you tell me Thifnubu's background for him to want to rule NIGERIA?

Who are his parents, unclces, childhood friends and school mates?

Can you show me one standard project started and finished by Thifnubu?

Tinubu is an overated fool with no political impart in modern day politics.
Re: Seun Kuti Accuses Peter Okoye Of Calling Him A Tribalist by PointZerom: 8:50am On Feb 09, 2023
shonepa:
He formed ACN yes Bola Ahmed, and when he said its my turn, is there any automatic system that will take em to aso rock? He won his party's primaries. Then let Nigerians decide.

I dont know why we waste our energy on things that dont even matter.

Even the person to whom the questions was directed to have ran away and here you're disgracing yourself.

Score yourself.
Re: Seun Kuti Accuses Peter Okoye Of Calling Him A Tribalist by bejick(m): 8:54am On Feb 09, 2023
Zico5:
Those greedy fellows are something else. Probably some of these Igbo don't understand the word 'tribalist'. All of them are supporting Peter Obi and they are even canvasing for votes for him in the church. The reason why they are supporting him is because he is Igbo and nothing more. Yoruba are the most liberal in this country. Some of my Yoruba friends and relatives are supporting Obi despite some of them know what's at stake. I wonder how that one can open his mouth and call someone a tribalist despite his open support for Peter Obi. February 25 is around the corner. We shall see wonder.

Igbos will not support any person not qualified
If Uzor Kalu, Hope Uzodinma and some corrupt igbos are contesting you wont see igbos supporting them. The truth is that we are as good ac the leader we elect. If heaven falls na ontop everybody head. APC supporter doesnt have their own seperate market where they buy things for free.

1 Like

Re: Seun Kuti Accuses Peter Okoye Of Calling Him A Tribalist by Blakpot: 9:16am On Feb 09, 2023
POGazette:
SUG president, Sowore paid Seun Kuti to promote him and castigate other candidate

They share the same vision of legalizing marijuana.
Both have nothing to offer than criticism.
Re: Seun Kuti Accuses Peter Okoye Of Calling Him A Tribalist by yetunsbay(m): 9:17am On Feb 09, 2023
OnyeAshuaUru:
Nobody knows who the hell is Seun Kuti, talk more of knowing that he's a musician.
Mildly put, my very self plus my 11 kids, my two wives and 10 concubines have never heard the name Seun Keti talk more of hearing any of his certainly depressing songs.
A new Nigeria is POssible.
Vote LP

Joke apart, I'm no student of Nigerian music, but I know the three musicians you mentioned above very well and can sing along to at least five of their songs each. In fact, as a student around 2011, I used to read all through the night with MI's rap playing back to back on my PC.
But you see this dirty bloke you call Seun Kuti, I repeat that I have never heard of him talk more of hearing any song he made. To hell with his audio achievements! They don't make Nigerians dance like PSquare have been doing for decades now.
talk on their political premise leading to difference in opinions not music
Re: Seun Kuti Accuses Peter Okoye Of Calling Him A Tribalist by yetunsbay(m): 9:19am On Feb 09, 2023
Lizzysamuel:

Everyone has the right to contest. You guys should also learn to respect that.

Why did Seun call Obi an opportunist?

Seun is a baby!! Without his father, he's a nobody. Ordinary shrine, he can't sell it out.

Those saying

OBIdients should stop what?

Between Obidients and Seun who started the fight?

The answer is Seun.

Out of all the Candidates, why did he single Peter Obi as an opportunist?

Abii you dey get selective amnesia?
he never single him out. Go back and listen again...this time slowly
Re: Seun Kuti Accuses Peter Okoye Of Calling Him A Tribalist by ASAPFERG1: 9:22am On Feb 09, 2023
Sandazblack:
Unpopular opinion: Psquare are more legendary than Fela the overhyped weed lord with zero melody in his songs, just an average afrobeat singer that talks about the evils of the government and nothing more. Even most of you claiming Fela this and Fela that don’t even listen to his music, y’all just jump on the bandwagon of the same ol story they told us. Seun on the other hand is a talentless mofo who’s preying on the legacy of his dad, Psquare no be your mate bro, stick to smoking Indian hemp
psquare combined can't even be compared to ruger or ayra starr.. you dey mention fela wey be afrobeat inventor
Re: Seun Kuti Accuses Peter Okoye Of Calling Him A Tribalist by Opintiwa: 9:32am On Feb 09, 2023
ASAPFERG1:
psquare combined can't even be compared to ruger or ayra starr.. you dey mention fela wey be afrobeat inventor

Another unintelligent talk
Re: Seun Kuti Accuses Peter Okoye Of Calling Him A Tribalist by ASAPFERG1: 9:36am On Feb 09, 2023
Truthdeypain:

Obasanjo is the last president yoruba will produce in this nation. Go and write it down oloriburuku!
tinubu will be sworn in as president in May, and he will kill your god NK in prison and NOTHING will happen.. If you do pim, odi massacre will be child's play to what will befall igboland. grin
omo nna oloshi
Re: Seun Kuti Accuses Peter Okoye Of Calling Him A Tribalist by Opintiwa: 9:37am On Feb 09, 2023
ASAPFERG1:
tinubu will be sworn in as president in May, and he will kill your god NK in prison and NOTHING will happen.. If you do pim, odi massacre will be child's play to what will befall igboland. grin
omo nna oloshi

E go clear for ya eyes
Re: Seun Kuti Accuses Peter Okoye Of Calling Him A Tribalist by ASAPFERG1: 9:39am On Feb 09, 2023
tonididdy:

It’s an insult to compare seun with Psquare From net worth to exposure Pure insult on the psquares
But I’ll let it slide, you are speaking on tribal sentimental emotions.
Ps: I’m not Igbo!
tell psquare to get Grammy nomination first tongue
upcoming nursery artistes called psquares tongue

1 Like

Re: Seun Kuti Accuses Peter Okoye Of Calling Him A Tribalist by Zico5(m): 9:46am On Feb 09, 2023
bejick:

Igbos will not support any person not qualified
If Uzor Kalu, Hope Uzodinma and some corrupt igbos are contesting you wont see igbos supporting them. The truth is that we are as good ac the leader we elect. If heaven falls na ontop everybody head. APC supporter doesnt have their own seperate market where they buy things for free.
So Peter Obi is competent. Tell me his antecedent when he was the governor of Anambra state. Tell me one project people enjoyed or benefitted under him
Re: Seun Kuti Accuses Peter Okoye Of Calling Him A Tribalist by ASAPFERG1: 9:47am On Feb 09, 2023
Opintiwa:

E go clear for ya eyes
that pityobi will die dreaming of being president.. just like Achebe died dreaming of having just a Nobel Prize nomination grin grin grin
Re: Seun Kuti Accuses Peter Okoye Of Calling Him A Tribalist by Poleski: 9:48am On Feb 09, 2023
Throwback:

Is Peter Obi not an opportunist?

What is his political legacy?

Is he an organic presidential candidate like Bola Tinubu who built the structures he is now enjoying, and the party he is now representing at the elections?

What is the name of the party that Peter Obi built and laboured for before he secured the party ticket to be presidential candidate?

Why are you hurt by the truth that Peter Obi is a typical political prostitute without ideology, and a desperate ticket hunter?

Did Peter Obi even know the manifesto of the Labour Party before he hurriedly joined to secure an easy presidential ticket?

Peter Obi is not just an opportunist, he is a political charlatan and pretender.

Certainly not organic or a contender.
Re: Seun Kuti Accuses Peter Okoye Of Calling Him A Tribalist by shine12: 9:50am On Feb 09, 2023
The whole nobody knows your song narrative is so cringey AF. There are many great artist across the world who are legendary and happen to sing within a particular genre that might not be your popular everyday radio play catchy songs, but they
are equally respected as real musicians.

The song of the year from the last concluded Grammy is "Just Like That" by Bonnie Raitt and I don't even know who the artist is. How many people knows Beck, but you won't see people from his country saying who knows you just because the song is not some 2:48 minutes same line repeating song like Chop my Money.

4 Likes

Re: Seun Kuti Accuses Peter Okoye Of Calling Him A Tribalist by dontai(m): 9:52am On Feb 09, 2023
Re: Seun Kuti Accuses Peter Okoye Of Calling Him A Tribalist by dontai(m): 10:00am On Feb 09, 2023
tonididdy:

It’s an insult to compare seun with Psquare
From net worth to exposure
Pure insult on the psquares

But I’ll let it slide, you are speaking on tribal sentimental emotions.

Ps: I’m not Igbo!
exposure? You are a dunce! Check this out
https://www.nairaland.com/7561106/met-seun-kuti-upcoming-world#120755953
Re: Seun Kuti Accuses Peter Okoye Of Calling Him A Tribalist by Reinamaria(f): 10:09am On Feb 09, 2023
Jones4190:

2019 olodo, go and verify.
Seun Kuti is bigger than psquare

zinizta:

Educate yourself and stop fooling around.

Secondly , P-square are artistes while Ṣeun is a musician - understand the difference.

You know what you two are not going to do? You're not going to insult your mothers.
Re: Seun Kuti Accuses Peter Okoye Of Calling Him A Tribalist by omonnakoda: 11:09am On Feb 09, 2023
broadman20:

From the last time I checked, this picture below that has been circulated across the world is never the picture of the house of an Igbo man who you claimed to love money more than you.

Hypocrisy is when you pretend and accused others what you are even more dangerous of

Jesus said and I quote: (Matt 5:20)

Unless your righteousness exceeds that of the scribes and Pharisees, you may not enter the kingdom of God.....

Are people better than the IGBOS in righteous living?

Are you not they people the whole world calls SKULL MININERS?

What are you mining the skull for?

To joke and play with it or to see how a skull is?

My dear stop deceiving yourself on what you know you are guilty of.
The usual change topic when you have lost
Why was Kylian Mbappe crying when he lost the World Cup?I
How much is an Olympic gold medal worth?
There is a thing called culture
Ibos do not have it
Tell us the greatest Ibo Musician?
Do they still speak Ibo language
You guys are culturally and spiritually dead
Your God is money
That is why you would ask the monetary value of a Grammy nomination
You can not understand
Re: Seun Kuti Accuses Peter Okoye Of Calling Him A Tribalist by omonnakoda: 11:12am On Feb 09, 2023
broadman20:

I asked this question because you are celebrating an ordinary nomination that worth next to nothing.

I wonder how you compare a second place world cup that' goes home with some price money with a worthless nomination.

Hahahaha!

omonnakoda:
Good question how much is winning the World cup worth for a footballer?
I wonder why Mbappe was crying when he lost out

broadman20:

The nomination na how much abeg?

Every thing in your mind

Na. Ha much?
Ha much?
Open a dictionary and check

PRICELESS

Not everything has a price
Re: Seun Kuti Accuses Peter Okoye Of Calling Him A Tribalist by buzorcharles(m): 11:22am On Feb 09, 2023
Swallowurspit:

Bro, e better and hopeful than someone who’s CV no qualify for interview o. Thank u

Pls name me 2 awards to seun's name. Thank you
Re: Seun Kuti Accuses Peter Okoye Of Calling Him A Tribalist by patchsk(f): 11:23am On Feb 09, 2023
OnyeAshuaUru:
Nobody knows who the hell is Seun Kuti, talk more of knowing that he's a musician.
Mildly put, my very self plus my 11 kids, my two wives and 10 concubines have never heard the name Seun Keti talk more of hearing any of his certainly depressing songs.
A new Nigeria is POssible.
Vote LP

Joke apart, I'm no student of Nigerian music, but I know the three musicians you mentioned above very well and can sing along to at least five of their songs each. In fact, as a student around 2011, I used to read all through the night with MI's rap playing back to back on my PC.
But you see this dirty bloke you call Seun Kuti, I repeat that I have never heard of him talk more of hearing any song he made. To hell with his audio achievements! They don't make Nigerians dance like PSquare have been doing for decades now.

Uru nwanem. Ime aga? Pu'rehe m'nyi. Ag' onyeke b'ib.
Re: Seun Kuti Accuses Peter Okoye Of Calling Him A Tribalist by Heavensent01(m): 11:25am On Feb 09, 2023
bencr7:
south east no get sense in politics,but ur pple were know d politics,why yet una no used d politics to change d country to work well,u guys vote for buhari to teach south east lesson,even when he call them 5%,u all laugh not knowing is administration will become d living hell to all tribes in Nigeria,even to is own pple and region,I can see it only south east pple,who apc bad report card is affecting.

Southeast people are suffering, a lot of beggars plenty in that region, ugm no come help matter they've made you people poorer with their sit at home

I'm not surprise you Igbo are used to suffering and smiling and force, how can Ojukwu order All of your ancestors to return Home to be protected hence he got them killed, Simon Ekpa and KANU did the same yet yours trying to prove to me that average Shout yeast people have sense ?
Re: Seun Kuti Accuses Peter Okoye Of Calling Him A Tribalist by OdefaGirl(f): 11:30am On Feb 09, 2023
Kyase:

Dem dey always talk say some twins dey dull and no dey always get sense
I don see two sets of twins wey get sense and brain
And many dull ones
Psquare dey part of the dull ones
No wonder dem no fit finish school, the brain no fit carry am

Yet you know them but we don't know you 😉
Re: Seun Kuti Accuses Peter Okoye Of Calling Him A Tribalist by Kyase(m): 11:34am On Feb 09, 2023
OdefaGirl:

Yet you know them but we don't know you 😉
Ia by knowing?🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣 these guys
Re: Seun Kuti Accuses Peter Okoye Of Calling Him A Tribalist by Michael6292: 11:34am On Feb 09, 2023
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
POGazette:
SUG president, Sowore paid Seun Kuti to promote him and castigate other candidate
Re: Seun Kuti Accuses Peter Okoye Of Calling Him A Tribalist by Finestgurlie(f): 11:37am On Feb 09, 2023
Kyase:
Ia by knowing?🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣 these guys
do you love me Kyase ?
Re: Seun Kuti Accuses Peter Okoye Of Calling Him A Tribalist by omonnakoda: 11:43am On Feb 09, 2023
yetunsbay:
he never single him out. Go back and listen again...this time slowly
Even if he did
So what?
He has every right to do that
What Is the issue?
He has every right to support and canvass for another person and not to be bullied for that
He owes no one any justification of explanation
Re: Seun Kuti Accuses Peter Okoye Of Calling Him A Tribalist by Heavensent01(m): 12:00pm On Feb 09, 2023
Truthdeypain:

Obasanjo is the last president yoruba will produce in this nation. Go and write it down oloriburuku!

last President grin

.meanwhile why did you add your surname In the last word

Peter obi will only run for senate in his district and inflict more pains on you Dundees
Re: Seun Kuti Accuses Peter Okoye Of Calling Him A Tribalist by BigIyanga: 12:06pm On Feb 09, 2023
shine12:
The whole nobody knows your song narrative is so cringey AF. There are many great artist across the world who are legendary and happen to sing within a particular genre that might not be your popular everyday radio play catchy songs, but they
are equally respected as real musicians.

The song of the year from the last concluded Grammy is "Just Like That" by Bonnie Raitt and I don't even know who the artist is. How many people knows Beck, but you won't see people from his country saying who knows you just because the song is not some 2:48 minutes same line repeating song like Chop my Money.
50cent , Snoop, Nicki Minaj never a won a Grammy.. can you compare them with Burna Boy who has won one.
Peter Square had more success in Naija and outside. Let Seun start his career without his father’s connect and in another genre like Reggea or Afrobeats. He’s just riding on Kuti’s success

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Patoranking Celebrates His 30th Birthday Today / Liz Anjorin Slams Those Above 30 & Single For Taking Sides In Marital Issues / Yinka Ayefele: Why I Kept My Triplets Away From Public After Birth

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.