Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,865 members, 7,872,868 topics. Date: Thursday, 27 June 2024 at 01:07 AM

Lagos Train/Bus Crash: We Begged Driver To Wait But He Refused — Survivor - Travel (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Lagos Train/Bus Crash: We Begged Driver To Wait But He Refused — Survivor (43414 Views)

Lagos Staff Bus Driver Arrested For Causing Lagos Train/Bus Accident / The Lagos Train / Bus Crash Was Avoidable - Peter Obi / Abuja Crash: We Don’t Investigate Military Accidents – AIB (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lagos Train/Bus Crash: We Begged Driver To Wait But He Refused — Survivor by sonofElElyon: 12:20pm On Mar 10, 2023
[quote author=Sorrynovex post=121628152][/quote]

Whatever digs a pit shall fall in it

Lout
Re: Lagos Train/Bus Crash: We Begged Driver To Wait But He Refused — Survivor by AFONJACOW(m): 12:28pm On Mar 10, 2023
If u shout and he didn't listen use slap reset his brain sharply
Re: Lagos Train/Bus Crash: We Begged Driver To Wait But He Refused — Survivor by NIGERDELTAIDOL: 12:48pm On Mar 10, 2023
Na Tinubu people, dem no dy hear anything like the one in the central too.
Re: Lagos Train/Bus Crash: We Begged Driver To Wait But He Refused — Survivor by lollybee15(m): 1:04pm On Mar 10, 2023
bhella10:
And somebody was jumping the gun and saying this is "avoidable" this and that. O ni kuure.!
When it is said that something or an incident is avoidable, don't you know the meaning? Yes, the accident was avoidable if the driver had had patience to allow the train pass. Sebi, other motorists stopped at the sight of the train. Only God knows why he decided to kill his passengers because he saw a train approaching and very close before ramming into the train on its rail track.
Re: Lagos Train/Bus Crash: We Begged Driver To Wait But He Refused — Survivor by Ofemmanu1: 1:13pm On Mar 10, 2023
Mindlog:

What links Sanwo-Olu and Tinubu to the lack of good judgement of the bus driver? 🙄

How some of you easily spiritualize wrong decisions of individuals, is mind-boggling!
Same way they attributes accidents involving Dangote trucks to some forms of rituals too.

Accident do happens.

I'ma Dangote staff tho.
Re: Lagos Train/Bus Crash: We Begged Driver To Wait But He Refused — Survivor by SouthernPlateau: 1:13pm On Mar 10, 2023
What is it ehh these days with Lagos disaster here and there. Please God Save Lagos, Save Nigeria...This is not Normal. People please be very cautios, prayerful and close to God. I beg una. smiley angry cool lipsrsealed
Re: Lagos Train/Bus Crash: We Begged Driver To Wait But He Refused — Survivor by chysam: 1:18pm On Mar 10, 2023
madridguy:
I pray God Almighty comfort the victim families and grant the injured ones speedy recovery.

The driver should start seeking for God forgivess for using his carelessness and stubborness to bring sorrow in many homes.

Perhaps he thought only igbos were on that bus so he already started the process of sending them back home as the xenophobia against igbos intensify
Re: Lagos Train/Bus Crash: We Begged Driver To Wait But He Refused — Survivor by faithfull18(f): 1:21pm On Mar 10, 2023
And the driver survived.

If you are in public transport and you have irresponsible drivers like this toying with your lives, don't keep quiet like most people do.

Most of these drivers carry charms that makes them think they are untouchable.
Re: Lagos Train/Bus Crash: We Begged Driver To Wait But He Refused — Survivor by ElSudani: 2:23pm On Mar 10, 2023
Mindlog:

What links Sanwo-Olu and Tinubu to the lack of good judgement of the bus driver? 🙄

How some of you easily spiritualize wrong decisions of individuals, is mind-boggling!

Many of them are simply crazy, period.
Re: Lagos Train/Bus Crash: We Begged Driver To Wait But He Refused — Survivor by Shimbo96(m): 2:31pm On Mar 10, 2023
DaInferno:
lmao
He said that because he can type whatever on his phone but I don't know what's funny about it.
chysam:

Perhaps he thought only igbos were on that bus so he already started the process of sending them back home as the xenophobia against igbos intensify
Perhaps you deserve to be on that bus because I don't know why everything with most of you is about tribalism.
Re: Lagos Train/Bus Crash: We Begged Driver To Wait But He Refused — Survivor by UnabashedIPOB: 2:47pm On Mar 10, 2023
ebukajay184:

https://igberetvnews.com/1440444/lagos-train-bus-crash-begged-driver-wait-refused-survivor/

“The incident happened around 7.15am. When we got to the intersection at PWD in Ikeja, the driver continued driving. Passengers inside the bus, including myself, begged him to wait for the train to pass before crossing, but he didn’t listen.

If the facts are as stated by one of the survivors, Ms. Titilayo, the bus driver should face criminal prosecution if he survived. That's criminal negligence.
Re: Lagos Train/Bus Crash: We Begged Driver To Wait But He Refused — Survivor by tabaralph: 2:51pm On Mar 10, 2023
ebukajay184:

https://igberetvnews.com/1440444/lagos-train-bus-crash-begged-driver-wait-refused-survivor/

What a traumatic experience, I can’t imagine how many metres the train dragged that bus before it finally stopped.
Re: Lagos Train/Bus Crash: We Begged Driver To Wait But He Refused — Survivor by luluosas(m): 2:52pm On Mar 10, 2023
Can you just imagine? My condolences to the bereaved families. I pray that God will grant the injured one quick recovery
Re: Lagos Train/Bus Crash: We Begged Driver To Wait But He Refused — Survivor by bentenny(m): 6:06pm On Mar 10, 2023
bhella10:
And somebody was jumping the gun and saying this is "avoidable" this and that. O ni kuure.!
But didnt you read the narration of one of the victims?
If the driver had listened to the pleas of the passengers to wait for the train to pass,the accident that claimed more than 4 lives would have been avoided!
Re: Lagos Train/Bus Crash: We Begged Driver To Wait But He Refused — Survivor by bentenny(m): 6:10pm On Mar 10, 2023
BreconHills:

Human error is not avoidable.
What causes human error?
Re: Lagos Train/Bus Crash: We Begged Driver To Wait But He Refused — Survivor by Tundex911: 6:15pm On Mar 10, 2023
I'm very sure, the driver don smoke igbo
Re: Lagos Train/Bus Crash: We Begged Driver To Wait But He Refused — Survivor by Maga123: 6:24pm On Mar 10, 2023
May be new blood covannt by our politicians was needed i don't really trust the driver.just imagine the news of crashes every
Re: Lagos Train/Bus Crash: We Begged Driver To Wait But He Refused — Survivor by blackboy(m): 6:51pm On Mar 10, 2023
Driver survives.
Re: Lagos Train/Bus Crash: We Begged Driver To Wait But He Refused — Survivor by jclassiq(m): 6:57pm On Mar 10, 2023
barinedan:
The driver should face heavy punishment for playing with the lives of people, making families lose their loved ones and causing pains to people

He ought to be jailed for life. Throw the damn book at him.
Re: Lagos Train/Bus Crash: We Begged Driver To Wait But He Refused — Survivor by Truvelisback(m): 7:30pm On Mar 10, 2023
Felabrity:
Driver was probably In haste or he wanted to take people lives to the grave with him

So many wack and mentally unstable drivers out there
The Driver is Stupid.
Re: Lagos Train/Bus Crash: We Begged Driver To Wait But He Refused — Survivor by Truvelisback(m): 7:35pm On Mar 10, 2023
datola:
Evil man.

Most of those LAG bus drivers are so careless and rough!
I hope the driver died in the accident or had critical injuries too.
Re: Lagos Train/Bus Crash: We Begged Driver To Wait But He Refused — Survivor by DaInferno(m): 7:41pm On Mar 10, 2023
LegacyB:

This one is gone already.....
Anyways the driver already reported himself to the police station and he is in police custody. For those who love fake news continue.
Shimbo96:

He said that because he can type whatever on his phone but I don't know what's funny about it.
Perhaps you deserve to be on that bus because I don't know why everything with most of you is about tribalism.
nah don't get it twisted...I'm actually lost of words. Op actually referred to the accident as a sacrifice for Tinubu and co...thats in itself is dumb and fkd. Was damn funny when I saw it
Re: Lagos Train/Bus Crash: We Begged Driver To Wait But He Refused — Survivor by HayB100(m): 9:04pm On Mar 10, 2023
Sorrynovex:

Did you eat corn with palm oil this morning?

#sorrynovex
nah the one your papa eat remain I also eat
Re: Lagos Train/Bus Crash: We Begged Driver To Wait But He Refused — Survivor by Sorrynovex: 9:05pm On Mar 10, 2023
HayB100:
nah the one your papa eat remain I also eat

That means you no see The one to give your papa and mama?

#sorrynovex

Re: Lagos Train/Bus Crash: We Begged Driver To Wait But He Refused — Survivor by HayB100(m): 9:51pm On Mar 10, 2023
Sorrynovex:

That means you no see The one to give your papa and mama?

#sorrynovex
🤣🤣🤣💔💔
Re: Lagos Train/Bus Crash: We Begged Driver To Wait But He Refused — Survivor by MeineMutter: 10:57pm On Mar 10, 2023
Mindlog:

Leave the weyreyy. He is still pained by that defeat. I doubt if he can survive it.
Re: Lagos Train/Bus Crash: We Begged Driver To Wait But He Refused — Survivor by Atonsboy(m): 11:56pm On Mar 10, 2023
I really do not see or understand why people condole with the government of lagos state. As far as I am concerned they are the ones that killed those that died. Simply put, there should have been a stop bar that cross the road that should have come down 5 mins before the train gets to the crossing. If there was a stop bar d driver would have waited until its open. Government are just careless with citizens lives. Pathetic

1 Like

Re: Lagos Train/Bus Crash: We Begged Driver To Wait But He Refused — Survivor by Olufemiolaolu(m): 12:24am On Mar 11, 2023
What a mad driver! He just used his badluck to affect innocent people.
Re: Lagos Train/Bus Crash: We Begged Driver To Wait But He Refused — Survivor by Tycyborg(m): 11:41am On Mar 11, 2023
Cantonese:
Unfortunately that intersection has no restrictive bar. Also it does not have control lights.

Institutional failure as Mr. Peter Obi put it.
Thankfully the driver has been arrested. How he escaped showed that he always strategized on how to vanish in danger, leaving his passengers to perish. Surely he must be charged with manslaughter. A very big Igbo smoking, paraga drinking vagabond driver.

Nope you are wrong... There is this guy there with red flag waving it alerting people that train is coming from afar but the driver kept driving ... So obi shouldn't say what he didn't know... Go there today you will still see those guys there... The driver came down and ran to shogunle police station for help cos people wanna kill him. I didn't even know people in the bus also were telling him to wait. Everything is not politics and one reason I hate all political followers and politicians they are just pathetic just to favour their narrative.
Re: Lagos Train/Bus Crash: We Begged Driver To Wait But He Refused — Survivor by QuinModah(f): 12:07pm On Mar 11, 2023
wink
Metaphor44:

I'm sorry for my comment pls. I've received lots of backlash already

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

One Of The 17 Flyovers Constructed By Umahi In Ebonyi State (Photos) / What Are Top Skills I Need To Learn Before Leaving For USA? / Lagos Has The Worst Case Of Traffic Congestion In The World? (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.