Stats: 3,178,500 members, 7,904,909 topics. Date: Monday, 29 July 2024 at 09:29 PM

Muslim Students Denied Admission At Oyedepo’s Covenant University - Education (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Muslim Students Denied Admission At Oyedepo’s Covenant University (27428 Views)

See Covenant University Mobile Phone Outlaw Undertaking / Help! He Passed But Is Been Denied Admission / UTME: Over One Million Will Be Denied admission – Minister (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Muslim Students Denied Admission At Oyedepo’s Covenant University by baslone: 12:25pm On Sep 30, 2011
Blessing in disguise.

His parents just got saved from the claws of a bigger version of Fred Olawale Makanjuola.

Shine your eyes!
Re: Muslim Students Denied Admission At Oyedepo’s Covenant University by Rafaell(m): 12:29pm On Sep 30, 2011
Lanre_frnt, Naija4eva & Relax_101, U guys shuld relax_909. ther's no need calin felow dscusants ilitrates &names - ds a debate wher pple air diferent views on d topic wile futur leaders amngst us tak down notes 4 futur legslatn as it concens laws & constutn of d land.

4me oo I believ privat xtian univsties ar strctly meant 4 xtians wile same aplies 4d muslim bros them too. U dnt expect CU authoritis 2end lecturs on fridys by 11am cos som muslms need2 go 2mosqu 2woship, wch mosqu? did Oyedepo build 1 ther?
Re: Muslim Students Denied Admission At Oyedepo’s Covenant University by LagosShia: 12:33pm On Sep 30, 2011
Rafaell:

Lanre_frnt, Naija4eva & Relax_101, U guys shuld relax_909. ther's no need calin felow dscusants ilitrates &names - ds a debate wher pple air diferent views on d topic wile futur leaders amngst us tak down notes 4 futur legslatn as it concens laws & constutn of d land.

4me oo I believ privat xtian univsties ar strctly meant 4 xtians wile same aplies 4d muslim bros them too. U dnt expect CU authoritis 2end lecturs on fridys by 11am cos som muslms need2 go 2mosqu 2woship, wch mosqu? did Oyedepo build 1 ther?

is that really what that poor boy who was discriminated against is asking for
Re: Muslim Students Denied Admission At Oyedepo’s Covenant University by Nobody: 12:40pm On Sep 30, 2011
Even in AL-Hikmah university, all students must take an Islamic Course or else forfeit their studentship. Even though i don't believe in allah, i still have to abide by the codes, now isn't that bleeped up.

Please let CU be, it's a private entity and they have inside regulations, if you are not cool with this, seek an alternative since there are many universities across the country. #shikena angry
Re: Muslim Students Denied Admission At Oyedepo’s Covenant University by Outstrip(f): 1:22pm On Sep 30, 2011
Very silly
Re: Muslim Students Denied Admission At Oyedepo’s Covenant University by muyoto: 1:26pm On Sep 30, 2011
Interestingly, the boy even went to a Christian secondary school. Make them just convert to Christianity, simple.
Re: Muslim Students Denied Admission At Oyedepo’s Covenant University by Nobody: 1:47pm On Sep 30, 2011
What the b.l.e.e.p , I have read very inane and stupifyingly dumb post on this thread. How can you say post ume is done to weed out people with bad character. If you do not know , know now that post ume is done to further test a students intelligence , it was brought about cos students use "machinery" and special centres and the post ume would further ascertain the marks tendered by the student. If a student can score 300 in the ume then he should have no problem attaining a 75% score in the post ume. Saying they will be looking for inappropriate entries is just hogwash and doesn't indicate anything about character.
Re: Muslim Students Denied Admission At Oyedepo’s Covenant University by Kx: 1:51pm On Sep 30, 2011
NUC is to blame.
Re: Muslim Students Denied Admission At Oyedepo’s Covenant University by leke999(m): 1:52pm On Sep 30, 2011
plz dont insult my Bishop
Re: Muslim Students Denied Admission At Oyedepo’s Covenant University by dammytosh: 1:55pm On Sep 30, 2011
colomb:

Even in AL-Hikmah university, all students must take an Islamic Course or else forfeit their studentship. Even though i don't believe in allah, i still have to abide by the codes, now isn't that bleeped up.

Please let CU be, it's a private entity and they have inside regulations, if you are not cool with this, seek an alternative since there are many universities across the country. #shikena angry

YOU ARE CORRECT. IT IS NOT BY FORCE OOOOO. IT IS IN NIGERIA WE WANT TO FORCEFULLY PATRONIZE SOME ONE !.
Re: Muslim Students Denied Admission At Oyedepo’s Covenant University by palugycolina(m): 1:56pm On Sep 30, 2011
I onced took my son to FGC warri for their entrance examination, u need to see dis islamic kids and boys, they are very brilliant and well coordinated,
 What im i saying, dis kids are d future forget abat what their religion is doing and causing, after all they are d ones that will one day change dis great nation, no human should disrespect a kid's intelligiency simply becus he or she is not from ur religion, after all during d old days,other people were staying and dining with d children of God, even d arabs brought gifts to king solomon the great, lets be like christ abeg
Re: Muslim Students Denied Admission At Oyedepo’s Covenant University by 4llerbuntu(m): 1:59pm On Sep 30, 2011
Zhul-fiqar:

the level of ignorance and intolerance nigerian christians display against anything islam or muslim is shocking.why the hate even against the yoruba muslims who are said to be the most tolerant and welcoming people in the country?

they do not even behave as if they live in a country with a muslim majority.

the first two had me cracked up.

muslim majority my as-s

before u start shouting this ur "poor me muslim" bunkum, try to answer my questions highlighted on page 2

funny thing is, this chaps parents ought to be careful before Boko Haram declares fatwa on them.  how can a good muslim be fighting to go to christian school?.  THAT IS WHAT THE SCHOOL IS, CHRISTIAN SCHOOL!

i hear from some students there presently that they do take muslims (the muslims have to abide by xtain stuff tho), so therefore there is something wrong in this boy's case

Im sure this is a case where the Boy's father is a muslim and the mother a xtian. hence the muslim/anglican rubbish and why the mother is so adamant he must be admitted. she wan keep up with the joneses by force  grin grin grin grin grin

can this even occur in a muslim university? i bet they are very modern and accommodating.
Re: Muslim Students Denied Admission At Oyedepo’s Covenant University by Uyimeme: 2:13pm On Sep 30, 2011
I think there is a mistake somewhere else this should not be allowed. It gives a wrong impression of what the Church and the people of Christ are all about.
Jesus tolerated the Samaritan woman before turning her around to become his messenger. This is what I believe is the vision of Bishop Oyedepo as well .
Let this error be corrected please.
Re: Muslim Students Denied Admission At Oyedepo’s Covenant University by Nakingson: 2:28pm On Sep 30, 2011
HOST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

People should stop bringing quarels here.

People who don't understand or know what and how to say should keep off this thread.

As a matter of fact, if u're a BOKO HARAMIST and don't underfstand English shut up pls!

COVENANT UNIVERSITY is a Christians university, pure and simple.

IF ANY ONE WANT TO B ADMITTED INTO COVENANT
UNIVERSITY AT ALL COST THEN, LET HIM OR HER GIVE
HIS OR LIFE TO CHRIST, QED!

CU has a VISION and MISSION by the founder so if u can't find your feet in it, then don't lobby unecessarily.

Pls this is no descrimination, don't try to force urself into a system that can not accommodate u only to attract sympathy.

Let NIGERIA be, stop knokcking heads here and there!

Thank you all for ur understanding & Remain blessed!
Re: Muslim Students Denied Admission At Oyedepo’s Covenant University by Nobody: 2:38pm On Sep 30, 2011
He needs to sue that University! Jeez! What a clear discrimination in a country like Nigeria!
Re: Muslim Students Denied Admission At Oyedepo’s Covenant University by Gerrard59(m): 2:55pm On Sep 30, 2011
I !
Re: Muslim Students Denied Admission At Oyedepo’s Covenant University by 9dynasty(m): 3:10pm On Sep 30, 2011
all4naija:

He needs to sue that University! Jeez! What a clear discrimination in a country like Nigeria!
guy shut ya mouth. . . nor be only sue make im just claim ownership na im papa build am she-bi. . .arab
Gerrard59:

The school did the right thing,b4 we get another mulltallab in CU. A STITCH I TIME SAVES NINE!
u be person wen sabi. . .i support the school 100%
i really don't get it why is it that if a christian do something it's a taboo but if a muslim do the same, men he's a saint
i remember when the state government in borno state refused to approve church buildings or sell land for church purposes while i was there. . .and that's a government entity oh. . .but a PRIVATE one now denials admission to ONE muslim you want his head on a stake, note; there are still muslims in CU . . .see abeg who wan vex make im vex all the muslims and CHRISTIANS when nor like fit go HUG TRANSFORMER. . . .yeah i said it
Re: Muslim Students Denied Admission At Oyedepo’s Covenant University by Mobsync(m): 3:21pm On Sep 30, 2011
Bishop Oyedepo’s Convenant University Denies Muslim Students Admission!

By Omobolaji Omoyele

The dream of Mr. and Mrs. Taiwo Salami of Ijaye Housing Estate at Pen Cinema Agege, Lagos has always been to give their children the best education that will eventually make them useful not only to themselves but also to the society at large.

So when their son, Ayomide Abdul Gafar Salami, began preparation to seek admission into a tertiary institution, they took their time to assist him in choosing a university that they believe would instill the best moral and academic development in their son. They (the couple and the boy) decided to choose Covenant University, Ota. “We want the best for our child and we found that the university is one of the best in the country. Apart from this, it ranks as one of the most peaceful and disciplined tertiary institution in the country which is devoid of the dreaded cult activities which have turned most Nigerian universities campuses into abattoir, hence the decision to settle for Covenant University,” Mr. Taiwo Salami, an employee of Eagle Paints at Agidingbi, Lagos explained why he and his wife, devoted Muslims, settled for Covenant University, owned by a fiery Pentecostal Christian organization, Living Faith Christian Ministry a.k.a Winners Chapel.

Everything went according to plan at the initial stage. Ayomide sat for the Joint Admission and Matriculation Board (JAMB) examination after filing the admission form online conspicuously choosing Covenant University as his choice of tertiary institution and Chemical Engineering as his choice of course. As a mater of fact, it was his father who filled the form on his behalf.

When the result of the examination was released by the examination board, he passed out in flying colours, scoring 295 marks [/b]which was actually the second highest mark scored by students who picked Covenant University as their tertiary institution of choice. Pronto, the boy applied again online for the post-UME test which took place at the university campus. It was another conquering outing for him as he scored 65 marks out of the obtainable 80.

Two weeks after the result of the post-UME was released, the West African Examination Council (WAEC) released the school certificate examination result and again Ayomide had an excellent result. Check it out: English Language, B3;[b] Mathematics, A1
; Further Mathematics, A1; Geography, A1; Chemistry, B2; Physics, B2; Biology, B3; Agricultural Science, B3 and Economics, B3

I suspect "fowl" playing in the result, besides what happened to Al-Hikmah or even Kwara State University
Re: Muslim Students Denied Admission At Oyedepo’s Covenant University by islamrules(m): 3:22pm On Sep 30, 2011
That is why it is called [size=18pt]private [/size]University

You want to sue CU. Go ahead and sue.

And when you get to court just drop this line.

As muslims, we forcefully want to gain admission into a [size=18pt]religious private[/size] University. But the school bounced us. Na by force ?
Nasfat university is there ?

oh ooooo, Nasfat is not good enough. I c
Re: Muslim Students Denied Admission At Oyedepo’s Covenant University by superior1: 3:32pm On Sep 30, 2011
Christian Students Denied Admission at Crescent University, so?, Na dis kin nonsense una dey waste cyberspace argue upon?, una no get work
Re: Muslim Students Denied Admission At Oyedepo’s Covenant University by Mobsync(m): 3:36pm On Sep 30, 2011
That is why it is called private University

You want to sue CU. Go ahead and sue.

And when you get to court just drop this line.

As muslims, we forcefully want to gain admission into a religious private University. But the school bounced us. Na by force ?
Nasfat university is there ?

oh ooooo, Nasfat is not good enough. I c

Help me ask them OOo, or you want CU to turn ur son to christian with compulsory fellowships?
Re: Muslim Students Denied Admission At Oyedepo’s Covenant University by pynkspyce: 3:46pm On Sep 30, 2011
Nigeria truly has a long way to go. If the school is not a seminary or theological school, then every citizen has a right to attend. Simple!
Re: Muslim Students Denied Admission At Oyedepo’s Covenant University by damoobaba: 3:55pm On Sep 30, 2011
You Idi*ts and a**holes felt it was right 4 sanusi lamido to legitimise islamic (sharia patterned) banking but think Oyedepo does not have d right to stop prospective Abdulmutallabs from being admitted into his University.Oh God,visit ur anger on the children of the uncircumcised who are using every means(even Nairaland) to terrorise ur children.
Re: Muslim Students Denied Admission At Oyedepo’s Covenant University by Xfactoria: 4:02pm On Sep 30, 2011
Although this seems clearly discriminatory and against the law but there are some salient issues that should override our sympathy for this poor boy:

1. What happens if the boy gets in and refuse to go to the chapel to pray every morning knowing that this is compulsory for all students?

2. What happens if the boy decides to do his mandatory 5times daily prayers and the school authorities says its not allowed? And then his troublesome parents sue the school for infringing on their son's fundamental right of association? Knowing muslims for how they like to forment trouble.

3. How do you want the University to feel on hearing that one of the students they trained is leading an Islamic terrorist organization years after he graduated from the school? Imagine what that will do to their rating and image.

The best way to catch your enemy unawares is to pretend to be his friend. The school may be weary of this.

Covenant University is a Christian University. Let muslims seek admission elsewhere to avoid trouble.
Re: Muslim Students Denied Admission At Oyedepo’s Covenant University by Nobody: 4:11pm On Sep 30, 2011
With the present rate at which almajiris are running wild, killing innocents, and burning up shyt, I doubt if they would want his type in their school.

Sorry, that just the way it is.
Re: Muslim Students Denied Admission At Oyedepo’s Covenant University by tosnat: 4:14pm On Sep 30, 2011
when will dis muslims stop causing trouble?wat on earth is a muslim lookin 4 @ convenant universitycommon sense disagrees wit datam forced 2 say wer is d common sense in dis muslims?mayb i wrong bout dat,mayb am rite?makes no sense, kudos 2 d boy but he doesnt belong in a christian community.he simply doesnt fit in or else he is prepared 2 switch.i cant blame d skul,cant blame dem at all,
Re: Muslim Students Denied Admission At Oyedepo’s Covenant University by DonPizzaro: 4:20pm On Sep 30, 2011
It is not a must that Muslims must attend Christian schools.
For heaven’s sake they can create their BokoHaram or Jihad  University  and use sharia law to run the institution and  do what they like.Nobody will question them.
Leave Convenant university alone and allow them to make their rules. Afterall  the school was founded  and funded by Christians.
Admitting more muslims will create more problems for  the institutuion than they have already witnessed.
As muslims become more copious in  CU, they will begin to  place a lot or Islamic demands such as:
Praying Times,
Praying Spaces,
Islamic dresses,
Mosques,
Islamic programmes
Islamic modus operandi.
All these will definitely generate friction.But with BokoHaram University such will cause no hitch.
The  Muslims can also attend secular universities or Schools like ABTI,nasfat univesrsity.

As for Islamic banking,we will see how far it will go.
Even if it is of any value at all,Christians will not struggle with people who will be discriminating against them. They will simply create their own ZION BANK that will  do the Job Satisfactorily.
Re: Muslim Students Denied Admission At Oyedepo’s Covenant University by islamrules(m): 4:28pm On Sep 30, 2011
As for Islamic banking,we will see how far it will go.
Even if it is of any value at all,Christians will not struggle with people who will be discriminating against them. They will simply create their own ZION BANK that will do the Job Satisfactorily.
Grin Grin Grin Grin

What is wrong with your head ?

What beaf do you have about Islamic bank ?

You people cant just stop amusing us!

Why creating topic out of non-topic.

Sharia banking has been in the USA for decade. Have you heard about it ? How popular is it!

Abeg look for something meaningful to think of
Re: Muslim Students Denied Admission At Oyedepo’s Covenant University by Konjour(m): 4:31pm On Sep 30, 2011
[b]I'm sure every man and his dog in Nigeria knows that the said University is a private,Christian university.

Its not just a University but an indirect extension of the Church's wings,and there are thousands of Religious tertiary institutions like that

that also cater for Buddhists,Taoists, Confucians, Hindu monks and their children.etc in various parts of the world.

Though,i might have my own reservations about the University but they have exclusive rights to OFFER and DENY admission to whoever it is,

and if they deem it fit that they don't want an applicant,only a Law court can overturn that. Moreover,applicants don't DEMAND admission. grin

BTW With the religious naivety and intolerance that abounds in Nigeria,the last place i would want to take my child to is A OR ANY religious

institution. However,it was the parents' choice anyway and i think Covenant univ. shouldn't be the only or religious univ. in Nigeria.

Also the applicant's form was said to contain conflicting information. I've never seen a Muslim catholic,or Anglican.etc. That might even have

stirred the first pair of eyebrows. cool[/b]
Re: Muslim Students Denied Admission At Oyedepo’s Covenant University by 9dynasty(m): 4:32pm On Sep 30, 2011
donpizzaro, tosnat, x-factoria and every other person in their right senses in this forum i greet you. . .isn't this a very simple matter that they're trying to take to great lengths. . .if i own a shop and you ask how much for my service and i refuse to sell she-bi you go comot for my store? see CU see blessing for these muslims hand oh. . .i bet 1 million naira that there is an ulterior motive to this THING
Re: Muslim Students Denied Admission At Oyedepo’s Covenant University by Decryptor(m): 4:41pm On Sep 30, 2011
I am not a huge fan of Oyedepo or his University but i am in totally in support of what the university did. Why should admit the boy? With the growing insecurity in the country today one should not underestimate the risk in allowing muslim faithfuls gain access into Christian Institutions. If anyone is not okay with it, then they should build their own Private Islamic University since there is Islamic Banking. Afterall, u never know whether that boy might be a potencial suicede bomber. restimate the risk in allowing muslim faithfuls gain access into Christian Institutions. If anyone is not okay with it, then they should build their own Private Islamic University since there is Islamic Banking. Afterall, u never know whether that boy might be a potencial suicede bomber.
Re: Muslim Students Denied Admission At Oyedepo’s Covenant University by Decryptor(m): 4:43pm On Sep 30, 2011
I am not a huge fan of Oyedepo or his University but i am in totally in support of what the university did. Why should admit the boy? With the growing insecurity in the country today one should not underestimate the risk in allowing muslim faithfuls gain access into Christian Institutions. If anyone is not okay with it, then they should build their own Private Islamic University since there is Islamic Banking. Afterall, u never know whether that boy might be a potencial suicide bomber. Just guessing suicide bomber. Just guessing

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Strike: FG To Release N30bn Earned Allowances To ASUU / 9-Year-Old David Balogun Becomes One Of The Youngest Ever High School Graduate / What Kind Of Activities Can One Involve In To Increase One's IQ

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60