Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,190,320 members, 7,940,279 topics. Date: Wednesday, 04 September 2024 at 09:22 PM

Muslim Students Denied Admission At Oyedepo’s Covenant University - Education (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Muslim Students Denied Admission At Oyedepo’s Covenant University (27515 Views)

See Covenant University Mobile Phone Outlaw Undertaking / Help! He Passed But Is Been Denied Admission / UTME: Over One Million Will Be Denied admission – Minister (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Muslim Students Denied Admission At Oyedepo’s Covenant University by 4ee: 9:52am On Oct 02, 2011
The issue to me here is not that the boy is a muslim but that he filled Muslim/Anglican on his form-that is an integrity issue and if you cannot be truthful while filling an ordinary form,why should the school admit you?

I work in an institution where people's data are checked before approvals are given, and such 'simple; mistake is what make us decline the request of many applicants.

Bottom line-be careful in what you do -you never know what the mistake will cost you.

My advise to the parents of the boy:Since your son was not given admission in CU and you are for quality eduction(which you do not think other schools in Nigeria can offer) ,send the boy abroad if other schools in Nigeria do not meet your standard. It is not by force to attend CU.
Re: Muslim Students Denied Admission At Oyedepo’s Covenant University by Nobody: 2:19pm On Oct 02, 2011
I dont know why this is such a fuss, Christian institutions teach solely christian stuff, morning devotions, memory verses etc Abdul should seek admission into another university, is CU the only one my kids go to christian schools and I will be very mad if she tells me her classmate wears ejab , thats not what we agreed on. I m sorry but I m very scared of those people, they cause so much trouble and get brainwashed easily. That is my believe sha.
Re: Muslim Students Denied Admission At Oyedepo’s Covenant University by tpia5: 9:02pm On Oct 02, 2011
4ee:

The issue to me here is not that the boy is a muslim but that he filled Muslim/Anglican on his form-that is an integrity issue and if you cannot be truthful while filling an ordinary form,why should the school admit you?

I work in an institution where people's data are checked before approvals are given, and such 'simple; mistake is what make us decline the request of many applicants.

Bottom line-be careful in what you do -you never know what the mistake will cost you.

My advise to the parents of the boy:Since your son was not given admission in CU and you are for quality eduction(which you do not think other schools in Nigeria can offer) ,send the boy abroad if other schools in Nigeria do not meet your standard. It is not by force to attend CU.

maybe the boy is both.
Re: Muslim Students Denied Admission At Oyedepo’s Covenant University by tpia5: 9:05pm On Oct 02, 2011
but i agree, he shouldnt have entered both islam and christianity on his application form.

personally, imo someone that brilliant should have been encouraged to go to a federal university like OAU, unilag, UI, etc.
Re: Muslim Students Denied Admission At Oyedepo’s Covenant University by dragnet: 11:18pm On Oct 02, 2011
4ee:

The issue to me here is not that the boy is a muslim but that[b] he filled Muslim/Anglican on his form[/b]-that is an integrity issue and if you cannot be truthful while filling an ordinary form,why should the school admit you?

tpia@:

but i agree, he shouldnt have entered both islam and christianity on his application form.

personally, imo someone that brilliant should have been encouraged to go to a federal university like OAU, unilag, UI, etc.

his father denied that claim. . . . So that isnt a certified reason yet.
Re: Muslim Students Denied Admission At Oyedepo’s Covenant University by kolanpas(m): 6:57am On Oct 03, 2011
jidegirl12:

I dont know why this is such a fuss, Christian institutions teach solely christian stuff, morning devotions, memory verses etc Abdul should seek admission into another university, is CU the only one my kids go to christian schools and I will be very mad if she tells me her classmate wears ejab , thats not what we agreed on. I m sorry but I m very scared of those people, they cause so much trouble and get brainwashed easily. That is my believe sha.
[color=#000099][/color] you ar the 1 that got brainwashed by w-education.is it not in the bible dat girls shud cover their hair. Go and study the history of jesus and the way their girls used to dress.u will see that u ar d 1 dat disobey yor God
Re: Muslim Students Denied Admission At Oyedepo’s Covenant University by baslone: 9:56am On Oct 03, 2011
dragnet:

You noticed the biased contribution too grin grin grin
Re: Muslim Students Denied Admission At Oyedepo’s Covenant University by daylae(m): 11:41am On Oct 03, 2011
Though a sad one,but the school notwithstanding has the right to deny admission base on such sensitive issue like religion as far as it is concerned. I know the document that specified the institution as a constituted private entity must've spelt out boldly such right, and that its a christian university,evidently born out of the church 'winners chapel. I don't think the school would want to fault their agreement with NUC and risk sanctions,so they must've known the action is still within their right.' And the fact that the applicant didn't clearly specify his religion is questionable and vindicates their action. Had it been a university like bells or okada,which do not operate base on religion sentiment,the guy surely wouln't have been denied on such ground.

There are muslim universities out there that strictly wouldn't allow christian intakes too. But the bottomline is still the issue of tolerance. With that,there wont be need for discrimination. Had it been a university like bells or okada,which do not operate base on religion sentiment,the guy surely wouln't have been denied on such ground.

There are muslim universities out there that strictly wouldn't allow christian intakes too. But the bottomline is still the issue of tolerance. With that,there wont be need for discrimination.
Re: Muslim Students Denied Admission At Oyedepo’s Covenant University by Lindx93(f): 3:10pm On Oct 03, 2011
I don't blame the Uni afterall it was the Muslims who first started it, now why are they complaining. surely wat goes around always come around u never know who it's gonna hit, it might even be an innocent person. Now u see how painful it is. First they started with with their so-called islamic banking no problem they can go ahead no one is stopping them surely the Christians are also gonna have their own bank and thats 50-50 no CHEATING!!! As if thats not enough they come again with this their illegal boko haram stuff. Pls these muslims should leave us alone nd build their own private schools nd no one would disturb them. If the boy is so brilliant and his parents rich he should go nd school abroad cas dis is NAIJA. He should stop acting like a novice doesn't he know wat's on ground this period. Besides they're already complaining of the muslims they had admitted in the past thats giving them problem. no muslim should be trusted these days cas they are main instruments especially the insiders(muslim students) who are used to carry out illegal operations to hurt the school especially since it's a christian school. PLS O I SUPPORT THE IDEA OF NOT ADMITTING MUSLIM STUDENTS INTO OUR PEACEFUL CHRISTIAN SCHOOLS B4 THEY USE THEIR USELESS BOMB AGAINST OUR SCHOOLS!
Re: Muslim Students Denied Admission At Oyedepo’s Covenant University by Lindx93(f): 3:16pm On Oct 03, 2011
kolanpas:

[color=#000099][/color] you ar the 1 that got brainwashed by w-education.is it not in the bible dat girls shud cover their hair. Go and study the history of jesus and the way their girls used to dress.u will see that u ar d 1 dat disobey yor God
I guess it's in ur commandment to kill humans isn't it?
Re: Muslim Students Denied Admission At Oyedepo’s Covenant University by funkiedee1(f): 4:47pm On Oct 03, 2011
i think dere,s AL-HIKMAH UNIVERSITY. A MUSLIM UNI, y cant the boy go there? @they dnt take in xtians too. the parents of the boy crossed their boundaries, knwing dat the school is a xtian skul. esp dis BOKO HARAM saga thats going arnd in the country. i dnt blame the Uni on that note coz @ this point MUSLIMS ARE NOT TO BE TRUSTED since thye believe that killing human beings is not a sin. they are so heartless. although nt all but the bad ones av spoiled the good ones.
but i think the Uni shld state that they dnt want muslims. they are @ fault for nt stating that.
Re: Muslim Students Denied Admission At Oyedepo’s Covenant University by DisGuy: 6:31pm On Oct 03, 2011
funkie dee:

i think dere,s AL-HIKMAH UNIVERSITY. A MUSLIM UNI, y cant the boy go there? @they dnt take in xtians too. the parents of the boy crossed their boundaries, knwing dat the school is a xtian skul. esp dis BOKO HARAM saga thats going arnd in the country. i dnt blame the Uni on that note coz @ this point MUSLIMS ARE NOT TO BE TRUSTED since thye believe that killing human beings is not a sin. they are so heartless. although nt all but the bad ones av spoiled the good ones.
but i think the Uni shld state that they dnt want muslims. they are @ fault for nt stating that.

stop luying

there are Christian students in Al-hikma university!

what next send fashola out of lagos, he is a muslim, Ediotic reasoning
Re: Muslim Students Denied Admission At Oyedepo’s Covenant University by DisGuy: 6:32pm On Oct 03, 2011
so you ask someone their religion he answers muslim, shouldn't you disregard the space for what dominion?

Crazy same people will shout racism when they get elsewhere
Re: Muslim Students Denied Admission At Oyedepo’s Covenant University by DisGuy: 6:35pm On Oct 03, 2011
I'd be surprised if many of you in here are not seating pouring salt in your co-workers food just because they are muslims or another tribe other than igbo
Re: Muslim Students Denied Admission At Oyedepo’s Covenant University by Nobody: 6:47pm On Oct 03, 2011
kolanpas:

Disobey my God? I will never disobey my God and as for the dress code my life/Faith is not defined by the fact that I do not cover my head, do we have to do everything as it was in the past? Jihad , e jab (except for middle easterners and indians cos that is their way of life), marry more than one wife and marry [b]too [/b]young girls, sharia law, etc etc just cos the Prophet (PBOH) did ?

As long as your heart is clean and you are good to others, believe in God , forgive and dont dress Vulgar and do what Jesus says(cos He (JESUS)just makes sense ).
Re: Muslim Students Denied Admission At Oyedepo’s Covenant University by ignis: 8:31pm On Oct 03, 2011
Na ur papa get the university?
Re: Muslim Students Denied Admission At Oyedepo’s Covenant University by tpia5: 9:45pm On Oct 03, 2011
dragnet:

the boy could have entered it himself.
Re: Muslim Students Denied Admission At Oyedepo’s Covenant University by oswardic(m): 4:22am On Oct 04, 2011
As most people has clearly stated, The school must have had their reasons for declining the boy, who knows if his appearance was even scary knowing fully well that BOKO HARAM are everywhere?
Filling your form wrongly too is a great point to look out for , Muslim/Anglican does not make single sense, Isn't Anglican under Christianity? he should have wrote Muslim/Christian and I am very sure he would have been called upon for an interview to why he had to fill in that and maybe his reasons would have justified him for an admission.
I am so sure that Christians do not reason like the muslims especially in course like this, demacating themselves by the so-call islamic banking and hunting down Christians.
We should pray for this nation, Muslims always come up with things so as to distablized the country. We shouldn't forget the fact that Christians are the ones holding this country as one and a simple point to justify this is that, Christians refuse taking disastrous actions whenever their counterpart (Muslims) are pushing it hard,
All is well with this nation and may God continue to exercise is peace upon this country,
PEACE!!!
Re: Muslim Students Denied Admission At Oyedepo’s Covenant University by Olalekan0(m): 10:31am On Oct 04, 2011
@bossinie. I know two things for sure;you're an eagle(as covenant graduates are refered to) and a dimwit. End of discussion
Re: Muslim Students Denied Admission At Oyedepo’s Covenant University by Tobbie9(m): 12:16pm On Oct 04, 2011
Personally i beleive dat the boy didn't earn such a good result, cause if he did then he should've chosen a more competitive university like OAU or lag, anyway wats done is done and there's nothing the parents can do to make the school admit him.BETTER LUCK NEXT YEAR
Re: Muslim Students Denied Admission At Oyedepo’s Covenant University by DisGuy: 3:31pm On Oct 04, 2011
oswardic:

As most people has clearly stated, The school must have had their reasons for declining the boy, who knows if his appearance was even scary knowing fully well that BOKO HARAM are everywhere? Filling your form wrongly too is a great point to look out for , Muslim/Anglican does not make single sense, Isn't Anglican under Christianity? he should have wrote Muslim/Christian and I am very sure he would have been called upon for an interview to why he had to fill in that and maybe his reasons would have justified him for an admission.
I am so sure that Christians do not reason like the muslims especially in course like this, demacating themselves by the so-call islamic banking and hunting down Christians.[/b]We should pray for this nation, Muslims always come up with things so as to distablized the country. [b]We shouldn't forget the fact that Christians are the ones holding this country as one and a simple point to justify this is that, Christians refuse taking disastrous actions whenever their counterpart (Muslims) are pushing it hard,
All is well with this nation and may God continue to exercise is peace upon this country,
PEACE!!!

how idiotic could you be exactly?
the boy lives in lagos for crying out loud went to a mixed or probably a christain school
Re: Muslim Students Denied Admission At Oyedepo’s Covenant University by Pukkah: 6:35pm On Oct 04, 2011
oswardic:

As most people has clearly stated, The school must have had their reasons for declining the boy, who knows if his appearance was even scary knowing fully well that BOKO HARAM are everywhere?
Filling your form wrongly too is a great point to look out for , Muslim/Anglican does not make single sense, Isn't Anglican under Christianity? he should have wrote Muslim/Christian and[b] I am very sure [/b]he would have been called upon for an interview to why he had to fill in that and maybe his reasons would have justified him for an admission.
I am so sure that Christians do not reason like the muslims especially in course like this, demacating themselves by the so-call islamic banking and hunting down Christians.
We should pray for this nation, Muslims always come up with things so as to distablized the country. We shouldn't forget the fact that Christians are the ones holding this country as one and a simple point to justify this is that, Christians refuse taking disastrous actions whenever their counterpart (Muslims) are pushing it hard,
PEACE!!!

Please provide facts backing up all these your 'I am very sure' statements. Were you there when they called the boy for an interview or were you part of those who came up with the reasons for declining the admission? How come you are 'so sure' that 'Christians do not reason like the muslims, '? embarassed Have you spoken to every living Christian?
Re: Muslim Students Denied Admission At Oyedepo’s Covenant University by oswardic(m): 12:37am On Oct 10, 2011
Pukkah:

Please provide facts backing up all these your 'I am very sure' statements. Were you there when they called the boy for an interview or were you part of those who came up with the reasons for declining the admission? How come you are 'so sure' that 'Christians do not reason like the muslims, '? embarassed Have you spoken to every living Christian?
Anything I say is my opinion and it is left for you to either support or fall against.
Re: Muslim Students Denied Admission At Oyedepo’s Covenant University by Yaungdee(m): 8:19am On Oct 10, 2011
Dont knw y the muslims are blabbing on this issue, the skul said dey dont want d guyz so is it a do or die thing atleast u guyz have alhikma university go and apply there now, mschew!
Re: Muslim Students Denied Admission At Oyedepo’s Covenant University by DBestDoc(f): 1:02pm On Oct 10, 2011
What business does d Boy have going to a Christian School being a conc.Muslim.Does he want to go dere to break their rules?Will he study d bible with them,attend morning devotions and Thanksgiving with them?
Muslims,Muslims,Muslims.How many time i call una.Why don't u guys let sleeping dog,
If he must go to a private university,there are other secular ones like Bells,Ameriacan Uni.of Nig.etc,etc.Why must it be Covenant univ of all universities, knowing fully well that it is a top Chriatian school and inculcating christian believe and morals is one of their major reasons for being in2 the business.
Re: Muslim Students Denied Admission At Oyedepo’s Covenant University by DisGuy: 1:13pm On Oct 10, 2011
Yaungdee:

Dont knw y the muslims are blabbing on this issue, the skul said dey dont want d guyz so is it a do or die thing atleast u guyz have alhikma university go and apply there now, mschew!

D_BestDoc:

What business does d Boy have going to a Christian School being a conc.Muslim.Does he want to go dere to break their rules?Will he study d bible with them,attend morning devotions and Thanksgiving with them?
Muslims,Muslims,Muslims.How many time i call una.Why don't u guys let sleeping dog,
If he must go to a private university,there are other secular ones like Bells,Ameriacan Uni.of Nig.etc,etc.Why must it be Covenant univ of all universities, knowing fully well that it is a top Chriatian school and inculcating christian believe and morals is one of their major reasons for being in2 the business.

Because the school is allegedly open to all irrespective of their religion! that is part of its licensing agreement, why must igbos go to school in yoruba land or Northerner states? why cant they just stick to their own tribe?

You really have to wonder if thee fake bigoted doctors in nigeria are not secretly killing patients that are not the same tribe/religion as they are
Re: Muslim Students Denied Admission At Oyedepo’s Covenant University by DBestDoc(f): 12:05pm On Oct 11, 2011
Dis Guy:

Because the school is allegedly open to all irrespective of their religion! that is part of its licensing agreement, why must igbos go to school in yoruba land or Northerner states? why cant they just stick to their own tribe?

Says who?
and even if it is open to all,must he school there?For crying out loud,there are a thousand and one other universities for him to attend.
Re: Muslim Students Denied Admission At Oyedepo’s Covenant University by DBestDoc(f): 12:07pm On Oct 11, 2011
Dis Guy:

You really have to wonder if thee fake bigoted doctors in nigeria are not secretly killing patients that are not the same tribe/religion as they are
Thanks for speaking out cos i for one have been secretly killing the unwanted extemists but what pains me most is that i'm still trying to lay my hands on those fake bigoted Muslims (Boko Haram Sect) who have decided to make life miserable for Nigerians and the entire World.
Re: Muslim Students Denied Admission At Oyedepo’s Covenant University by DBestDoc(f): 12:25pm On Oct 11, 2011
Dis Guy:

Says who?
and even if it is open to all,must he school there?For crying out loud,there are a thousand and one other universities for him to attend.

Aren't there Muslim students in UNN,FUTO,Nnamdi Azikiwe Uni et al?these schools are all in the South East.Here we are talking about a Christian Uni.Be logical and leave sentiments aside pls.
Re: Muslim Students Denied Admission At Oyedepo’s Covenant University by DisGuy: 10:36pm On Oct 11, 2011
D_BestDoc:

Says who?

say who what?

it's a prerequisite for a university license in Nigeria and nowhere is it stated that the school is open only to Christian students, if it categorically states its for xtain students non Christians wont apply in the first place, it's an educational institution not a religious organisation

there's a difference between a Christian sponsored uni and a Christian university, does is CMS Lagos opened to only Christians?
Re: Muslim Students Denied Admission At Oyedepo’s Covenant University by DBestDoc(f): 11:16am On Oct 12, 2011
Dis Guy:

say who what?

it's a prerequisite for a university license in Nigeria and nowhere is it stated that the school is open only to Christian students, if it categorically states its for xtain students non Christians wont apply in the first place, it's an educational institution not a religious organisation

there's a difference between a Christian sponsored uni and a Christian university, does is CMS Lagos opened to only Christians?

It's just like a muslim choosing to attend a catholic owned sec.(seminary)school shocked shocked.what for? 9or a Christian wanting to attend an islamic sch )wouldn't he rather attend one that will edify his muslim/christian belief/faith rather than going there to cause them problems through disobedience and what have you angry angry(cos i'm very sure he cannot pray the rosary with them).Covenant University is owned by a Church(Winners Chapel).But then,i rest my case.
Re: Muslim Students Denied Admission At Oyedepo’s Covenant University by imaawil(f): 4:32pm On Oct 31, 2011
i will like to say everybody is entitled to his or her opinion. I am a cu graduate and whilst i was a student, i knew about 5muslim students in my set. they went to chapel but sometimes, you could tell they were not rili intuned with what was going on. besides, i knew muslims who graduated form cu. to the muslim guy who wasnt admitted, dont take it personal, there are loads of christians who are not admitted either. lipsrsealed

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Why I Won't Go Back For My Masters (M.sc) Now As A Fresh Nigerian Graduate / FUTA Satellite Flies Into Space In US Today / Email: What Do CC And BCC Mean?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.