Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,126 members, 7,887,256 topics. Date: Friday, 12 July 2024 at 04:47 AM

See 1000 Naira Tomato I Bought In Abuja Today: Photo - Food (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / See 1000 Naira Tomato I Bought In Abuja Today: Photo (53027 Views)

See The Tomato I Bought For 1000 In Kano / My Brother Killed This Big Antelope Today (photo) / SHOCKING: The Costly Food Items I Bought In The Market Today (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: See 1000 Naira Tomato I Bought In Abuja Today: Photo by nairalanda1(m): 2:15pm On May 28
DeepSight:

Comrade Napoleon is always right, and I will work harder.

Exactly. The thing is, we can't do price controls for everything. As seen in animal farm, which was a parody of the same marxist economics you want for NIgeria to help the poor.

The thing is, like ANimal farm under comrade Napoleon, prices were controlled so that the poor could afford things. The problem was, with the incentive removed to make profits, production suffered. All communist countries had left was their pride, that as in animal farm, they were running themselves, it did not matter if their Napoleons lived well like greedy capitalists, they were all running themselves, in their people's democracies.

(And for distraction there is always sugar candy land from Moses).

Oga, no matter how you make fun of me, and abuse me, price controls, as espoused under Comrade Napoleon and work norms, (yes, increased production was paid by raising production quotas...not money...produce more...like Boxer, until ye are broken down and collapsed, then off to the knacker)...ulitmately do not work. You end up with pretend communism where man looks like pig...as seen in North Korea (which isn't practicing communism by the way, but they don't know that, lol.).

It costs money to keep things running, and that is why you need a profit to do so.

Grow up and accept the truth, or keep on abusing and mocking me, it doesn't change the fact that things cost money. Ye don't have to throw a tantrum over that, Comrade Deep sight. True communism is a mirage. Price controls don't work.

LIke now, if fuel was N200 or less as you want it, subsidy costs would eat N800 per liter...meaning we would spend 70 percent of our budget on subsidy, and fill the hole with debt. Yet that fact is over your head, good comrade.
Re: See 1000 Naira Tomato I Bought In Abuja Today: Photo by Benmsu: 2:18pm On May 28
One tomato is 111.1 naira.

1 Like

Re: See 1000 Naira Tomato I Bought In Abuja Today: Photo by Swaelyf(f): 2:21pm On May 28
on top of the land your ancestors shared to every single Nigerian ba?
Mom007:

Does anyone really need to be told this? After this rainy season comes to an end, I will not take anyone who still complains of not having food to eat serious. The only reason anyone should not be farming right now is that they are financially capable to buy their foodstuffs at whatever price it is sold at the market. Anything less than that, go and farm!!!

1 Like

Re: See 1000 Naira Tomato I Bought In Abuja Today: Photo by Anabosee(m): 2:22pm On May 28
I want to go into farming, how much do I need?
Re: See 1000 Naira Tomato I Bought In Abuja Today: Photo by McAausim: 2:23pm On May 28
1pc na #100... E no even complete 10pcs 🥺

Who do us this thing👈🥺😳
Re: See 1000 Naira Tomato I Bought In Abuja Today: Photo by year2013: 2:24pm On May 28
yarimo:
Wow that is very cheap, here in aba Abia state that is #80 k and no one is complaining everyone is millionaire and billionaires

I can see that you're getting tired of your senseless defense for this drug lord lead government day after day. God always do things in marvelous ways.

1 Like

Re: See 1000 Naira Tomato I Bought In Abuja Today: Photo by dkidd: 2:27pm On May 28
Sapasenator:

They never like to take practical steps to solve their problems, will rather go to church to pray about prices of tomatoes.
Exactly how can u be praying to God to give u what he has already given u. It shows the person is not making use of their brains which he designed to be used for that.
Re: See 1000 Naira Tomato I Bought In Abuja Today: Photo by Gadafii: 2:27pm On May 28
dkidd:

You're wrong. Farming will solve a lot. Yes u can't grow everything in ur farm. Even if it's just tomatoes, peppers, cucumbers and the rest vegetables will save u a whole lot. U don't need to grow everything u need
how do you get other Things that you need, and where do you get it from when those who produce what you need can no longer operate due to Fulani herdsmen, bad policies that forced some of them to either close down or hike their prices, due to increase in average cost of production?

Do you have answers for these questions or I should face front

1 Like

Re: See 1000 Naira Tomato I Bought In Abuja Today: Photo by Hakeem3(m): 2:29pm On May 28
Mariangeles:

Tell me you grow everything you eat. undecided
You dey mind the agbado miscreant undecided?
Re: See 1000 Naira Tomato I Bought In Abuja Today: Photo by Luckybelt: 2:30pm On May 28
This can’t be true
Re: See 1000 Naira Tomato I Bought In Abuja Today: Photo by kushme: 2:35pm On May 28
DeepSight:

Comrade Napoleon is always right, and I will work harder.

Benjamin. grin
Re: See 1000 Naira Tomato I Bought In Abuja Today: Photo by AriyaTV: 2:35pm On May 28
lotkyes200:
#100 each

Nope.

Each is .. 111.11
Re: See 1000 Naira Tomato I Bought In Abuja Today: Photo by predictor1: 2:36pm On May 28
Mom007:

Comments like this are how you know the problems of Nigeria. The lazy youths who have never experienced the joy of planting something and watching it grow and later eating it fresh from the farm/ garden! Always eager to leap to insults to cover up for their laziness and inadequacy.

Plant what you can first and break this ridiculous dependence on rice that we have now cultivated. When we were young, rice was Sunday food and one other day of the week, now people eat rice everyday, a food that doesn't grow well here and dumped farming altogether and expects their economy to thrive.
Show us what you have grown.
Re: See 1000 Naira Tomato I Bought In Abuja Today: Photo by Doyin2(m): 2:36pm On May 28
angry It remains one na,to complete 10 at 100 Naira each.

1 Like

Re: See 1000 Naira Tomato I Bought In Abuja Today: Photo by gasarIyali: 2:37pm On May 28
Mom007:

Does anyone really need to be told this? After this rainy season comes to an end, I will not take anyone who still complains of not having food to eat serious. The only reason anyone should not be farming right now is that they are financially capable to buy their foodstuffs at whatever price it is sold at the market. Anything less than that, go and farm!!!

Theory!
Where do you live

One thing is to plant crops and do the farming the other thing is to be able to go to the farm and return home safely.

Even when you escape all that....some strong people will help you and harvest your crops meaning that all your hard work was in vain.
Re: See 1000 Naira Tomato I Bought In Abuja Today: Photo by predictor1: 2:37pm On May 28
kushme:

Benjamin. grin
Boxer, the horse. Not Benjamin
Re: See 1000 Naira Tomato I Bought In Abuja Today: Photo by DeepSight(m): 2:37pm On May 28
kushme:

Benjamin. grin

Boxer actually.

But nice one. That line would fly over the heads of many.

1 Like

Re: See 1000 Naira Tomato I Bought In Abuja Today: Photo by ArcSEMPECJ(m): 2:37pm On May 28
Watianoengineer:
When Peter Obi was criticizing the government instead of sharing ideas on how to fix the economy you people were supporting him. Now the repercussions of what unpatriotic elements like Obi did is why the economy is so messed up.

Keep supporting Obi instead of praying for President Bola Tinubu and expect to buy things at a cheaper rate.

Very soon you will be buy one seed of tomatoes for 1k if care is not taken.

May God bless president Bola Tinubu and give him strength to fulfill his renewed hope agenda. This renewed Hope will Favor me and my house hold. Amen

Very funny and myopic mindset.....

You left who has ideas and means to soften grounds and out of tribalism, you voted for failure...

Now , you are telling us to pray for President TINUBU?

And with Propaganda, you want also to buy sympathy for Tinubu and make us to rubbish Peter Obi as now the wicked person.....

This lifestyle of you people is actually in your DNAs.....( Behaving alike ) From Elders to Children
Anybody that doesn't seat down to digest your words , will automatically blame and accuse the innocent and praise the thief .....

3 Likes

Re: See 1000 Naira Tomato I Bought In Abuja Today: Photo by Sapasenator: 2:38pm On May 28
dkidd:

Exactly how can u be praying to God to give u what he has already given u. It shows the person is not making use of their brains which he designed to be used for that.

Most of my countrymen never actually make use of their brains and I say this abscent of malice.

They will rather complain, commit suicide, curse and abuse or pray.

They will never take 1 practical step to solve a real problem.

1 Share

Re: See 1000 Naira Tomato I Bought In Abuja Today: Photo by ALLNIGERIANSMAD(m): 2:39pm On May 28
Pogba12:
Wallai, I just bought this tomato in Garki Abuja at 1000 naira.
The average basket is 10k.
Op this is cheap honestly, come to Bwari. That can be #1500 plus the bad ones
Re: See 1000 Naira Tomato I Bought In Abuja Today: Photo by DeepSight(m): 2:39pm On May 28
Mom007:

This is stupid. You assume all of the population are land owners or can afford to lease land. What nonsense.

2 Likes

Re: See 1000 Naira Tomato I Bought In Abuja Today: Photo by gasarIyali: 2:39pm On May 28
Gadafii:

Do you have answers for these questions or I should face front

Gadafi you make sense
Re: See 1000 Naira Tomato I Bought In Abuja Today: Photo by jayce232: 2:41pm On May 28
Pogba12:
It is like this all over abuja oh
The one I bought for 1500 is just sth like this.
I was beginning to think if the man was now cheating me. Because i have been a long time customer of his & I use to buy that rubber for 500 before, which is now selling for 1500.
Re: See 1000 Naira Tomato I Bought In Abuja Today: Photo by Doyin2(m): 2:41pm On May 28
Mom007:

Mumu in self deceit and illusion.

undecided
Re: See 1000 Naira Tomato I Bought In Abuja Today: Photo by femi4: 2:43pm On May 28
Pogba12:
Embrace the alternative
Re: See 1000 Naira Tomato I Bought In Abuja Today: Photo by femi4: 2:44pm On May 28
muyico:
why u no buy tomatoes paste?
Paste na chemical
Re: See 1000 Naira Tomato I Bought In Abuja Today: Photo by FireUpNow(m): 2:45pm On May 28
A minister just told us that the high coast of tomatoes is due to tomato ebola. The market woman will tell you that the US dollars is too high. So what is telling the truth? I will favour the market woman .
Re: See 1000 Naira Tomato I Bought In Abuja Today: Photo by kushme: 2:45pm On May 28
DeepSight:

Boxer actually.

But nice one. That line would fly over the heads of many.

My bad. I know say na "B" start the name. Thanks. I need to read that book again.

1 Like

Re: See 1000 Naira Tomato I Bought In Abuja Today: Photo by kushme: 2:46pm On May 28
predictor1:
Boxer, the horse. Not Benjamin

Thanks.
Re: See 1000 Naira Tomato I Bought In Abuja Today: Photo by RandomFellow: 2:48pm On May 28
Mom007:

Comments like this are how you know the problems of Nigeria. The lazy youths who have never experienced the joy of planting something and watching it grow and later eating it fresh from the farm/ garden! Always eager to leap to insults to cover up for their laziness and inadequacy.

Plant what you can first and break this ridiculous dependence on rice that we have now cultivated. When we were young, rice was Sunday food and one other day of the week, now people eat rice everyday, a food that doesn't grow well here and dumped farming altogether and expects their economy to thrive.

Mom007:

Madam please just shut up. You don't expect everyone to become a farmer. I have things I plant in my backyard, many did not even germinate because the land does not favour their growth. So tell me how you expect me to plant irish potatoes at my backyard, or cabbage, or even carrots. I bought about 20 sticks of green beans for ₦500! That shouldn't have exceeded ₦100 on a normal day! 5pcs of shombo pepper for ₦200; that was like ₦ 20-50 some 12 months ago! Sooo... How do you expect the poor to feed?

Someone came to look for job at my office. A beautiful young lady. She has a job, but wants some other employment to leave her current employer. Her reason? She has to resume at 7am and close at 10pm, Monday to Saturday! How do you expect such people to farm?

Please be human! Stop talking like an idiot!

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: See 1000 Naira Tomato I Bought In Abuja Today: Photo by MonsterVerse(m): 2:50pm On May 28
Mom007:

stop typing rubbish... undecided

Hope you know everyone has land to farm? undecided

Belike everyone in Nigeria has a free land whenever he wishes to farm he can go and do so..?
You keep exposing your ignorance thinking u are smart or intelligent...

Rubbish undecided

1 Like

Re: See 1000 Naira Tomato I Bought In Abuja Today: Photo by RandomFellow: 2:51pm On May 28
Sapasenator:

Most of my countrymen never actually make use of their brains and I say this abscent of malice.

They will rather complain, commit suicide, curse and abuse or pray.

They will never take 1 practical step to solve a real problem.

What if they don't have the space? Or where they have is not secured? Make una dey reason say no be everybody get luck like una naa. Kai!!!

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

See The Chicken I Bought 6k Today / Man Spends N5million On Drinks In A Lagos Club (see Receipt). / Villagers In Sapele Caught A Manatee & Shared Its Meat After Killing It (Photos)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.