Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,169,735 members, 7,875,844 topics. Date: Saturday, 29 June 2024 at 11:08 PM

See 1000 Naira Tomato I Bought In Abuja Today: Photo - Food (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / See 1000 Naira Tomato I Bought In Abuja Today: Photo (52825 Views)

See The Tomato I Bought For 1000 In Kano / My Brother Killed This Big Antelope Today (photo) / SHOCKING: The Costly Food Items I Bought In The Market Today (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: See 1000 Naira Tomato I Bought In Abuja Today: Photo by jayce232: 2:51pm On May 28
Slickest:
Liar!!!
What will this even if you bought it at that price?
Tell me what you used it for?

Are u in Abuja??
You people just come online to comment nonsense. I bought almost same quantity of tomatoes on Sunday same as that of op for 1500. I almost thought my seller was cheating me till i priced round the market & discovered his own was even cheaper. Tomatoes is very expensive in Abuja right now.

2 Likes

Re: See 1000 Naira Tomato I Bought In Abuja Today: Photo by RandomFellow: 2:52pm On May 28
MonsterVerse:
stop typing rubbish... undecided

Hope you know everyone has land to farm? undecided

Belike everyone in Nigeria has a free land whenever he wishes to farm he can go and do so..?
You keep exposing your ignorance thinking u are smart or intelligent...

Rubbish undecided

And the lands are secured too ooo... Where you finish planting maize, okra and tomatoes; weed and apply manure/fertilizer. While waiting for the crops to mature, people have already strated harvesting it for you without your consent

1 Like

Re: See 1000 Naira Tomato I Bought In Abuja Today: Photo by BeauBragnar11: 2:53pm On May 28
Mom007:

Does anyone really need to be told this? After this rainy season comes to an end, I will not take anyone who still complains of not having food to eat serious. The only reason anyone should not be farming right now is that they are financially capable to buy their foodstuffs at whatever price it is sold at the market. Anything less than that, go and farm!!!

Dstv subscriptions are also at an all time high!!!

I think we all should turn engineers and construct our own antenna for our personal use too!!!

Clowns!!

4 Likes

Re: See 1000 Naira Tomato I Bought In Abuja Today: Photo by Sapasenator: 2:53pm On May 28
RandomFellow:

What if they don't have the space? Or where they have is not secured? Make una dey reason say no be everybody get luck like una naa. Kai!!!

Re: See 1000 Naira Tomato I Bought In Abuja Today: Photo by blowjohn(m): 2:55pm On May 28
U for just use the money buy meat fanta and bread chop.

No stress
Re: See 1000 Naira Tomato I Bought In Abuja Today: Photo by RandomFellow: 2:56pm On May 28
jayce232:

Are u in Abuja??
You people just come online to comment nonsense. I bought almost same quantity of tomatoes on Sunday same as that of op for 1500. I almost thought my seller was cheating me till i priced round the market & discovered his own was even cheaper. Tomatoes is very expensive in Abuja right now.

I bought carrot, green peas, green beans and spring onions for 2k on Sunday night. I swear, what I got wouldn't normally exceed ₦300. I couldn't even buy Raddish ooo... Cucumber starts at 300. You know those shrunk small cucumbers that you throw away when they use it to give you jara. Yes, that's what they now sell for ₦300!

3 Likes

Re: See 1000 Naira Tomato I Bought In Abuja Today: Photo by MonsterVerse(m): 2:56pm On May 28
RandomFellow:

And the lands are secured too ooo... Where you finish planting maize, okra and tomatoes; weed and apply manure/fertilizer. While waiting for the crops to mature, people have already strated harvesting it for you without your consent
grin imagine ooo undecided

Some parts of the country sef before you harvest you must pay half of the things you plant.. undecided

Someone would chop belleful come online dey claim special adviser.. Yearning dust..

1 Like

Re: See 1000 Naira Tomato I Bought In Abuja Today: Photo by RandomFellow: 2:57pm On May 28
[quote author=Sapasenator post=130184340][/quote]

Oooooh god! Oga will you plant it in the sky? Won't you plant it outside?
Re: See 1000 Naira Tomato I Bought In Abuja Today: Photo by Sapasenator: 2:59pm On May 28
RandomFellow:

Oooooh god! Oga will you plant it in the sky? Won't you plant it outside?

Ok nau,

You can continue buying four pieces at N1000 then.
Re: See 1000 Naira Tomato I Bought In Abuja Today: Photo by Ishilove: 3:00pm On May 28
Mom007:

Does anyone really need to be told this? After this rainy season comes to an end, I will not take anyone who still complains of not having food to eat serious. The only reason anyone should not be farming right now is that they are financially capable to buy their foodstuffs at whatever price it is sold at the market. Anything less than that, go and farm!!!
Okay, thank you. I will start farming on the bare floor of my sitting room

5 Likes

Re: See 1000 Naira Tomato I Bought In Abuja Today: Photo by MonsterVerse(m): 3:00pm On May 28
Mom007:
I hope this is a joke...
don't come here next time and disgrace yourself..

No be by force to comment 🙏

Mama ignoramus...

3 Likes

Re: See 1000 Naira Tomato I Bought In Abuja Today: Photo by Galinton(m): 3:01pm On May 28
Pootle:
all of urna run go city dey wait for who to farm undecided
laugh wan kill me
Re: See 1000 Naira Tomato I Bought In Abuja Today: Photo by advanceDNA: 3:02pm On May 28
Watianoengineer:
When Peter Obi was criticizing the government instead of sharing ideas on how to fix the economy you people were supporting him. Now the repercussions of what unpatriotic elements like Obi did is why the economy is so messed up.

Keep supporting Obi instead of praying for President Bola Tinubu and expect to buy things at a cheaper rate.

Very soon you will be buy one seed of tomatoes for 1k if care is not taken.

May God bless president Bola Tinubu and give him strength to fulfill his renewed hope agenda. This renewed Hope will Favor me and my house hold. Amen

I'm sorry to say this...but U don't have any sense.....

1 Like

Re: See 1000 Naira Tomato I Bought In Abuja Today: Photo by Mariangeles(f): 3:06pm On May 28
dkidd:

Lol I'm already thinking in that direction like this.. farm everything I need both livestock and all. Naija no go kill me grin

That is, if herdsmen will allow you.
Well, good luck sha! cheesy

1 Like

Re: See 1000 Naira Tomato I Bought In Abuja Today: Photo by AngelicBeing: 3:07pm On May 28
Mariangeles:
They will soon come and tell you to plant your own tomatoes.

In fact, we should all be farmers, and plant all what we need at this point. undecided
tongue

1 Like

Re: See 1000 Naira Tomato I Bought In Abuja Today: Photo by kachistone: 3:07pm On May 28
Mom007:

But you should know that everybody does not have access to lands for farming. Some people stay at very small spaces and they can't even try sack farming.

2 Likes

Re: See 1000 Naira Tomato I Bought In Abuja Today: Photo by MonsterVerse(m): 3:08pm On May 28
Pootle:
all of urna run go city dey wait for who to farm undecided
if we all dey village who go leave in the city.. undecided

🤡🤡🤡
Re: See 1000 Naira Tomato I Bought In Abuja Today: Photo by Vadese1: 3:08pm On May 28
Tinubu is wicked
Re: See 1000 Naira Tomato I Bought In Abuja Today: Photo by Pootle: 3:08pm On May 28
Galinton:
laugh wan kill me

yes o even northerners now full major cities riding bike or doing petty jobs, and we waiting for cheap farm produce
Re: See 1000 Naira Tomato I Bought In Abuja Today: Photo by Mariangeles(f): 3:10pm On May 28

1 Like

Re: See 1000 Naira Tomato I Bought In Abuja Today: Photo by dkidd: 3:15pm On May 28
Mariangeles:

That is, if herdsmen will allow you.
Well, good luck sha! cheesy
Lol... Not where I can find herdsmen

1 Like

Re: See 1000 Naira Tomato I Bought In Abuja Today: Photo by Pootle: 3:16pm On May 28
MonsterVerse:
if we all dey village who go leave in the city.. undecided

🤡🤡🤡

the percentage of ppl migrating to cities is dam alarming, if you visit the country side you will verse vegetation wasting away. only the old are left, little or no mechanize farming, every one wants the white collar job
Re: See 1000 Naira Tomato I Bought In Abuja Today: Photo by Mariangeles(f): 3:18pm On May 28
dkidd:

Lol... Not where I can find herdsmen

All the best then.

1 Like

Re: See 1000 Naira Tomato I Bought In Abuja Today: Photo by ezechi24(m): 3:20pm On May 28
Mom007:

Comments like this are how you know the problems of Nigeria. The lazy youths who have never experienced the joy of planting something and watching it grow and later eating it fresh from the farm/ garden! Always eager to leap to insults to cover up for their laziness and inadequacy.

Plant what you can first and break this ridiculous dependence on rice that we have now cultivated. When we were young, rice was Sunday food and one other day of the week, now people eat rice everyday, a food that doesn't grow well here and dumped farming altogether and expects their economy to thrive.

Where is your own farm...talking rubbish, they will also plant yam, beans, potatoes, corn and cassava.....even in those days nobody planted more than two food items, make Una dey use Una sense at times abeg

3 Likes

Re: See 1000 Naira Tomato I Bought In Abuja Today: Photo by MonsterVerse(m): 3:21pm On May 28
Pootle:

the percentage of ppl migrating to cities is dam alarming, if you visit the country side you will verse vegetation wasting away. only the old are left, little or no mechanize farming, every one wants the white collar job
guy stop.. this is not the cause..!

Most of northerners leaves home for security reasons

Secondly whenever it raining season alot of them go back and farm..

There must be something wrong elsewhere..

1 Like

Re: See 1000 Naira Tomato I Bought In Abuja Today: Photo by vibratingpenis: 3:24pm On May 28
dkidd:

U can actually grow ur vegetables indoors without soil. Research it and it's very good too. Just convert one room and start the matter. At least fresh tomatoes peppers and the rest veggies will not be a bother to u anymore

Na your prick the leaves go dey look to undergo pHotosynthesis ode.

1 Like

Re: See 1000 Naira Tomato I Bought In Abuja Today: Photo by dkidd: 3:26pm On May 28
Gadafii:
how do you get other Things that you need, and where do you get it from when those who produce what you need can no longer operate due to Fulani herdsmen, bad policies that forced some of them to either close down or hike their prices, due to increase in average cost of production?

Do you have answers for these questions or I should face front
Bro the same way we are getting it now. There's never a time where u can't get things to buy in the market place except during the thick of war. So the worst is the price will be higher than normal but u can still get them. The advantage with farming is u have some of the things u would have purchased also already growing in ur farm. If u can grow even 40% of the basics necessities then ur on the right track. It's better than not growing and buying everything from greedy farmers who will rather take advantage of the situation. There's no two ways about it even people who are extremely wealthy in wealthier more stable countries still own farms and farm houses just so they can get the best organic farm produce because the world at large is turning quickly into something else and agriculture is the way forward wether u choose to agree or not
Re: See 1000 Naira Tomato I Bought In Abuja Today: Photo by tubolancer(m): 3:26pm On May 28
azidomedogo:
It would have been better u buy half dozen of sachet tomatoes which is less than 1k
I don't know why they are showing all these fu****ck. Go and buy satchet tomatoes.
Re: See 1000 Naira Tomato I Bought In Abuja Today: Photo by okoroemeka(m): 3:28pm On May 28
Mom007:

farmers in Nigeria are trapped between the devill and the deep blue sea,one bag of fertilizer sold for #10k last year is now hovering around #50k,one can of contact herbicide sold #1k last year is now #7k, farming is no longer for the poor thesedays

2 Likes

Re: See 1000 Naira Tomato I Bought In Abuja Today: Photo by dkidd: 3:29pm On May 28
vibratingpenis:

Na your prick the leaves go dey look to undergo pHotosynthesis ode.
If ur not a dunce don't u get sunlight even when ur in the house or na prison cell u dey? A bastard idiot like u quoting me and calling ur father ode. Bastard ignorant monkey. Go and learn about Hydroponics u dumb bastard
Re: See 1000 Naira Tomato I Bought In Abuja Today: Photo by Keem25: 3:30pm On May 28
Once the demand for sachet tomatoes goes higher

We all know what comes next in Nigeria
Inflation and reduced quantity

1 Like

Re: See 1000 Naira Tomato I Bought In Abuja Today: Photo by Uniquekriss(m): 3:30pm On May 28
Pogba12:
Wallai, I just bought this tomato in Garki Abuja at 1000 naira.
The average basket is 10k.
It's cheap

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

My Dog Killed A Monitor Lizard / 'When God Of Bush Meat Remembered Me'; Man Shares His Experience In Owerri. PICS / See What I Saw In A Tin Tomato! We Just Need To Be Careful

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.