Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,134 members, 7,887,280 topics. Date: Friday, 12 July 2024 at 05:45 AM

See 1000 Naira Tomato I Bought In Abuja Today: Photo - Food (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / See 1000 Naira Tomato I Bought In Abuja Today: Photo (53030 Views)

See The Tomato I Bought For 1000 In Kano / My Brother Killed This Big Antelope Today (photo) / SHOCKING: The Costly Food Items I Bought In The Market Today (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: See 1000 Naira Tomato I Bought In Abuja Today: Photo by remi4ever(m): 6:11pm On May 28
Mariangeles:

It's the tomat for me! gringrin

grin grin ;Dthat was intentional, I cannot tell where or when I heard it, but that word lives rent free in my head.
Re: See 1000 Naira Tomato I Bought In Abuja Today: Photo by dkidd: 6:13pm On May 28
Bahamas95:
No, south south.
Where exactly...it's still cheap there na
Re: See 1000 Naira Tomato I Bought In Abuja Today: Photo by kingxsamz(m): 6:15pm On May 28
Mom007:

Does anyone really need to be told this? After this rainy season comes to an end, I will not take anyone who still complains of not having food to eat serious. The only reason anyone should not be farming right now is that they are financially capable to buy their foodstuffs at whatever price it is sold at the market. Anything less than that, go and farm!!!

You are a mu.mu. One with very poor thinking skills. smiley
They should grow it where? On top that empty head of yours?
They should grow rice, cassava, plantain, tomatoes, beans, pepper e.t.c on which land? The land your fore fathers bought for them? OIod0.

1 Like

Re: See 1000 Naira Tomato I Bought In Abuja Today: Photo by folake4u(f): 6:17pm On May 28
I bought this paint of tomatoes for 1500 and N700 onions recently.

1 Like

Re: See 1000 Naira Tomato I Bought In Abuja Today: Photo by kingxsamz(m): 6:17pm On May 28
Tokskob2008:

I guess everyone in this country own a piece of land because that's the way farming can be easy or is there a way one can plant corn in one's sitting room or kitchen

APC SIaves are incapable of reasoning properly.
They'll say the most d@ft shlt to shift blame from their useIess government.
Re: See 1000 Naira Tomato I Bought In Abuja Today: Photo by evictor305: 6:18pm On May 28
Basket of tomatoes is 150k in abuja as of today o
Emu4life:
Lol! 1 big Basket of Tomatoes now for Abj na #70k. But the FG is proposing #54k as Minimum Wage.
Something wey no fit buy Basket of Tomatoes or Bag of Rice.
Make una Dey Playcheesy

1 Like

Re: See 1000 Naira Tomato I Bought In Abuja Today: Photo by vibratingpenis: 6:21pm On May 28
dkidd:

Send am na no dey shy I go top u something hungry mugu. See moniker sef probably one idiot when still dey him parents house dey knack local smelly girls say na vibrating penis. Lol monkey 🐵🤣

Hahahaha!

I don die... but why you dey vex like this na?
Re: See 1000 Naira Tomato I Bought In Abuja Today: Photo by kingxsamz(m): 6:23pm On May 28
Krankhead:
Why don't you people do a little farming at the back of your house. Must you buy everything from the market?

Another fuuIish talk without any thought.

1 Like

Re: See 1000 Naira Tomato I Bought In Abuja Today: Photo by Goalnaldo(m): 6:29pm On May 28
azidomedogo:
It would have been better u buy half dozen of sachet tomatoes which is less than 1k
a satchet is #200 so half a dozen #1200

1 Like

Re: See 1000 Naira Tomato I Bought In Abuja Today: Photo by kingxsamz(m): 6:35pm On May 28
dkidd:

Lol if there's a will way go come. All I'm saying is we all can actually grow something and relying on farm produce from villages and mostly the northern parts is senseless and old. I know Lebanese and Indian men who came to this country with nothing but now they control majority of the food products in ur big shopping malls that u only go to snap dumb pictures and buy shyt u can't keep up with. No be to dey buy buy all the time and cry and prayer. Later we say God no dey work. Everything we need is here but we dey find already made. All I'm pointing at is looking inwards on the positive side of this rough period. If u mean am u go get land to farm or space to run ur matter even if na only one thing u fit grow. Always think positive and cancel every slave mindset no matter how hard it might look.

You're d@ft.
It's those who are struggling to eat three square meals that you're advising to give up their rooms or acquire a land to farm what they'll eat right?
And if they convert their room to a tomato farm, where will they grow rice,cassava and beans? Once again you're d@ft. 👍🏾
Re: See 1000 Naira Tomato I Bought In Abuja Today: Photo by rummmy: 6:49pm On May 28
Una never see anything yet....
He transformed Lagos so expect negative transformation of Nigeria..
Re: See 1000 Naira Tomato I Bought In Abuja Today: Photo by Mariangeles(f): 7:03pm On May 28
remi4ever:

grin grin grin that was intentional , I cannot tell where or when I heard it, but that word lives rent free in my head.

I know.

There's also tomantos. cheesy
Re: See 1000 Naira Tomato I Bought In Abuja Today: Photo by 99thEnemy(m): 7:56pm On May 28
azidomedogo:
It would have been better u buy half dozen of sachet tomatoes which is less than 1k
Paste that is thickened with modified starch?

In fact, the bulk of what is sold as Tomato paste in Nigeria has more percentage of modified starch than Tomato .
Re: See 1000 Naira Tomato I Bought In Abuja Today: Photo by nedu666: 8:03pm On May 28
Sapasenator:

Most of my countrymen never actually make use of their brains and I say this abscent of malice.

They will rather complain, commit suicide, curse and abuse or pray.

They will never take 1 practical step to solve a real problem.

Show us your farm.
Re: See 1000 Naira Tomato I Bought In Abuja Today: Photo by occfx: 8:11pm On May 28
Pogba12:
Wallai, I just bought this tomato in Garki Abuja at 1000 naira.
The average basket is 10k.

This is good... We are getting there
Re: See 1000 Naira Tomato I Bought In Abuja Today: Photo by occfx: 8:14pm On May 28
Mariangeles:

Tell me you grow everything you eat. undecided

Let the idiott breathe... He is saying that emilokan wants you to manufacture everything so that taxation go plenty
Re: See 1000 Naira Tomato I Bought In Abuja Today: Photo by Sapasenator: 8:15pm On May 28
nedu666:

Show us your farm.

I don't complain of food prices as I can afford to buy at whatever price.

1 Like

Re: See 1000 Naira Tomato I Bought In Abuja Today: Photo by Mom007(f): 8:18pm On May 28
okoroemeka:
farmers in Nigeria are trapped between the devill and the deep blue sea,one bag of fertilizer sold for #10k last year is now hovering around #50k,one can of contact herbicide sold #1k last year is now #7k, farming is no longer for the poor thesedays

Neither is purchasing food so choose your cross. Nigerian land is very fertile, there are lots of things you can plant without fertiliser. Sha plant something. Even it its some tomato seeds in a sack. Start somewhere. Be part of the solution you seek.

1 Like

Re: See 1000 Naira Tomato I Bought In Abuja Today: Photo by Mom007(f): 8:20pm On May 28
Mariangeles:

Tell me you grow everything you eat. undecided
you don't have to grow everything, grow something. Keep a garden. Even ifvits a sack farm that you do. Even if it is only ugu and tomato/ pepper that you can grow on your balcony in that your upstairs flat. If everyone is planting something, it will help.
Re: See 1000 Naira Tomato I Bought In Abuja Today: Photo by Mom007(f): 8:24pm On May 28
occfx:

Let the idiott breathe... He is saying that emilokan wants you to manufacture everything so that taxation go plenty

You are the idiot from a generation of idiots. Continue to complain of expensive food while sitting on your stupid lazy behind and blaming emilokan whom you voted into power and waiting for food prices to mysteriously drop. Una no serious for that Nigeria. Una wan chop cheap food, una no wan plant. I pity you all. I repeat again, let this rainy season pass you eediots by and all those who can do not find somewhere to and something to farm. Sorry shall be all your names! You think things are bad now? Wait till next year. undecided
Re: See 1000 Naira Tomato I Bought In Abuja Today: Photo by Mom007(f): 8:30pm On May 28
Sapasenator:

Most of my countrymen never actually make use of their brains and I say this abscent of malice.

They will rather complain, commit suicide, curse and abuse or pray.

They will never take 1 practical step to solve a real problem.

You dey mind them? They rather complain and give reasons why they cannot farm. They will even curse and insult you for telling them to farm. They will say boko haram will kidnap them if they try to farm. Am I surprised? Of course not. Even bible talk am say a lazy man will say there is a lion in the streets that's why he cannot go and work. It also says poverty shall come upon that same lazy fellow like an armed man. Very funny generation that would rather beg money from their phones in the comfort of their house than take proactive steps to plant something! Let me see myself send financial help to anyone on this nairaland again... that one don stop from today since farming is beneath most of the people here but they can paste their name and account number shamelessly!

1 Like

Re: See 1000 Naira Tomato I Bought In Abuja Today: Photo by Sapasenator: 8:34pm On May 28
Mom007:

You dey mind them? They rather complain and give reasons why they cannot farm. They will even curse and insult you for telling them to farm. They will say boko haram will kidnap them if they try to farm. Am I surprised? Of course not. Even bible talk am say a lazy man will say there is a lion in the streets that's why he cannot go and work. It also says poverty shall come upon that same lazy fellow like an armed man. Very funny generation that would rather beg money from their phones in the comfort of their house than take proactive steps to plant something! Let me see myself send financial help to anyone on this nairaland again... that one don stop from today since farming is beneath most of the people here but they can paste their name and account number shamelessly!

I totally agree with you.
Re: See 1000 Naira Tomato I Bought In Abuja Today: Photo by Lorayne(m): 8:43pm On May 28
Re: See 1000 Naira Tomato I Bought In Abuja Today: Photo by occfx: 8:49pm On May 28
Mom007:

You are the idiot from a generation of idiots. Continue to complain of expensive food while sitting on your stupid lazy behind and blaming emilokan whom you voted into power and waiting for food prices to mysteriously drop. Una no serious for that Nigeria. Una wan chop cheap food, una no wan plant. I pity you all. I repeat again, let this rainy season pass you eediots by and all those who can do not find somewhere to and something to farm. Sorry shall be all your names! You think things are bad now? Wait till next year. undecided

You are pained.
Re: See 1000 Naira Tomato I Bought In Abuja Today: Photo by unbiased2021: 9:21pm On May 28
Jman06:
But that poster has some tangible points. The rate at which the youths of this country, especially Igbos, are running away from farming these days is alarming!
A people that want to be independent, yet most of the food they consume are supplied by northerners! Funny.

We seriously need to start farming what we eat! It is very important!
Why are you so eager to bring tribalism into this ? I’m an Igbo man and an animal farmer. Tell me what you do.

1 Like

Re: See 1000 Naira Tomato I Bought In Abuja Today: Photo by DREAMHOMES6970(m): 9:46pm On May 28
Gadafii:
everyone will plant rice too abi, try dey pretend say you get sense by not making this types of comment

Farming for ones personal use will not solve anything, because you will still have use for other commodities that are dependent on fuel.

Which means that you may need to sell some of your farm products to get those commodities, so would you sell your product cheaply or the present market reality??

1 Like

Re: See 1000 Naira Tomato I Bought In Abuja Today: Photo by Mom007(f): 9:49pm On May 28
occfx:

You are pained.
Yea, I am. I'm pained that there actually still daft and purposeless people like you still moving and breathing without thinking what value they can add to society! Even cows that eat grass give milk to the owner and poops manure. Your existence benefits no one and nothing! Bloody consumer!
Re: See 1000 Naira Tomato I Bought In Abuja Today: Photo by Mom007(f): 9:52pm On May 28
DREAMHOMES6970:

Mu-mu done open mouth
You dey mind them?
Re: See 1000 Naira Tomato I Bought In Abuja Today: Photo by Krankhead: 12:01am On May 29
kingxsamz:

Another fuuIish talk without any thought.
That's why you all groaning . You refused to learn trade or go into farming. I have conquered all.of that
Re: See 1000 Naira Tomato I Bought In Abuja Today: Photo by careidon: 2:27am On May 29
Pogba12:
Wallai, I just bought this tomato in Garki Abuja at 1000 naira.
The average basket is 10k.

Is 10 times of what we are looking at going to fill basket?

The middlemen and retailers punish the poor more that the rich/well-offs that they really need to collect from.
Re: See 1000 Naira Tomato I Bought In Abuja Today: Photo by Gerrard59(m): 2:43am On May 29
folake4u:
I bought this paint of tomatoes for 1500 and N700 onions recently.

That is cheap for those sums, right?
Re: See 1000 Naira Tomato I Bought In Abuja Today: Photo by Gerrard59(m): 2:50am On May 29
Jman06:
But that poster has some tangible points. The rate at which the youths of this country, especially Igbos, are running away from farming these days is alarming!
A people that want to be independent, yet most of the food they consume are supplied by northerners! Funny.

We seriously need to start farming what we eat! It is very important!

There is no land in the Southeast. This is like telling Singaporeans to go into agriculture when they have the money to buy from Indonesians, Filipinos and Malaysians.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

See The Chicken I Bought 6k Today / Man Spends N5million On Drinks In A Lagos Club (see Receipt). / Villagers In Sapele Caught A Manatee & Shared Its Meat After Killing It (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.