Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,316 members, 7,887,969 topics. Date: Friday, 12 July 2024 at 05:06 PM

Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (3128) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 (2384353 Views)

R36L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ15ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld / Arsenal Fans Thread (for Arsenal Fans) / Chelsea Fans Thread : Winners of the FA Cup And League Winners 09/10 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (3125) (3126) (3127) (3128) (3129) (3130) (3131) ... (3569) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Shegzdave: 7:47am On Jul 23, 2023
Can We all accept Partey is a Key Player to our Midfield??

Rice shouldn’t play that DM again, he is better player as CM
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Fkhalifa(m): 7:54am On Jul 23, 2023
When I saw Haverts and Odegard in midfield from some fans, I just dey laugh.... opposition will just be slicing through the middle to that left wing ni..
Even utd with Mount and Fernandez is a recipe for defensively weak midfield.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by afrodoc2: 8:05am On Jul 23, 2023
grin

The Rice is burnt.

15 Likes

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by iamoyindamola(m): 8:07am On Jul 23, 2023
Fkhalifa:
When I saw Haverts and Odegard in midfield from some fans, I just dey laugh.... opposition will just be slicing through the middle to that left wing ni..

Shey I have been saying it that whatever setup partey must be there
I have also tried to see what is special in that rice but I haven't seen yet
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera: 8:15am On Jul 23, 2023
Shegzdave:
Can We all accept Partey is a Key Player to our Midfield??

Rice shouldn’t play that DM again, he is better player as CM
Lol, it's just one match so we shouldn't use that to conclude on Rice at all. I still believe he can play DM when necessary. What I'm just against how the media are pinning on him to replace Partey and even going as far as to spin the narratives so that Partey will be sold. I just hope what Arteta said about Partey is the truth sha cos we can't afford anything otherwise

Rice, Havertz, Odegaard Midfield combo would hardly work and it's because of Havertz.

I'll even go as far as saying it'll be very very difficult for Partey, Havertz Odegaard Midfield to work
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera: 8:21am On Jul 23, 2023
Fkhalifa:

I don talk am for here taya.
I've always said it that there's a big reason Havertz was pushed away from Midfield to CF and that's because he's a big liability there. This is me who have personally watched Havertz game for over 2 years in Chelsea shirt.

People will think it's because he wasn't given chance in midfield that's why he flopped not knowing it's that Midfield gan gan he flopped sef.

The worst mistake Arteta will ever be making is to make Rice, Havertz and Odegaard as our standard Midfield trio. We go too collect grin

1 Like

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Shegzdave: 8:40am On Jul 23, 2023
Jodera:
Lol, it's just one match so we shouldn't use that to conclude on Rice at all. I still believe he can play DM when necessary. What I'm just against how the media are pinning on him to replace Partey and even going as far as to spin the narratives so that Partey will be sold. I just hope what Arteta said about Partey is the truth sha cos we can't afford anything otherwise

Rice, Havertz, Odegaard Midfield combo would hardly work and it's because of Havertz.

I'll even go as far as saying it'll be very very difficult for Partey, Havertz Odegaard Midfield to work
They better not sell Partey, that Rice isn’t for for that DM but he can play there in less competitive games sha, Partey is Midfield maestro, Rice should be deployed to that CM role and let Harvertz fight for his place upfront.

Havertz being a lazy play will make the workload of other midfielders much, those saying he has the technicality, I’m yet to see any sha grin.

A Midfield trio of Partey(DM), Rice(CM), and Ordegaard(AM) is going to cook.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by iamoyindamola(m): 8:45am On Jul 23, 2023
Shegzdave:

They better not sell Partey, that Rice isn’t for for that DM but he can play there in less competitive games sha, Partey is Midfield maestro, Rice should be deployed to that CM role and let Harvertz fight for his place upfront.

Havertz being a lazy play will make the workload of other midfielders much, those saying he has the technicality, I’m yet to see any sha grin.

Did he lose any ball yesterday, he did his job
You all should be concerned about the 105 DM that everyone is strolling pass
Havertz on the ball is okay
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Shegzdave: 8:54am On Jul 23, 2023
iamoyindamola:

I’m not even throwing Harvertz under the bus, was only stating the obvious that a Midfield of Harvertz, rice and Ordegaard can’t work cause of Harvertz laziness(which everyone is aware of) and Rice not fit for the DM role unlike Partey who controls the midfield and Rice would play the CM role better...

Calma Chief grin cool
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by BlueRayDick: 9:00am On Jul 23, 2023
iamoyindamola:

Off the ball movement matters as much as on the ball . Havertz was lazy all over the pitch yesterday . Rice didn’t have a very very poor showing like u are making it seem .

I believe Rice will play well as CM than DM for us cos we are already used to what Partey serves as DM.

Just take a chill pill, na this kind experiments go make the coach know who and who he no supposed pair together
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera: 9:08am On Jul 23, 2023
Shegzdave:

Partey, Rice and Odegaard ought to be our standard Midfield cos I see Rice as an upgrade to Xhaka.

But you see that Havertz matter, I still dey pray make him disappoint me cos the only technicality wey I dey see from am na just ball control cheesy
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by iamoyindamola(m): 9:09am On Jul 23, 2023
Shegzdave:

I’m not even throwing Harvertz under the bus, was only stating the obvious that a Midfield of Harvertz, rice and Ordegaard can’t work cause of Harvertz laziness(which everyone is aware of) and Rice not fit for the DM role unlike Partey who controls the midfield and Rice would play the CM role better...

Calma Chief grin cool
I am just saying we are not touching the pressing issue which is rice, we can’t blow such money for such performance
BlueRayDick:

Off the ball movement matters as much as on the ball . Havertz was lazy all over the pitch yesterday . Rice didn’t have a very very poor showing like u are making it seem .

I believe Rice will play well as CM than DM for us cos we are already used to what Partey serves as DM.

Just take a chill pill, na this kind experiments go make the coach know who and who he no supposed pair together
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by BlueRayDick: 9:17am On Jul 23, 2023
iamoyindamola:

I am just saying we are not touching the pressing issue which is rice, we can’t blow such money for such performance

Rice will still cook ; he’s not showing glimpses of a flop yet . He will get used to playing with his new team mates and also learn how Partey senior man dey read games before the opponents slice our midfield . Na Arteta must just get sense to know how to use these guys
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Shegzdave: 9:26am On Jul 23, 2023
iamoyindamola:

I know you’re not keen on Rice signing but he’ll turn good in that CM role..
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Shegzdave: 9:28am On Jul 23, 2023
Jodera:
Partey, Rice and Odegaard ought to be our standard Midfield cos I see Rice as an upgrade to Xhaka.

But you see that Havertz matter, I still dey pray make him disappoint me cos the only technicality wey I dey see from am no just ball control cheesy
I hope Arteta won’t have a brain fart and try to make some mixture like a science students sha grin
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera: 10:11am On Jul 23, 2023
Shegzdave:

I hope Arteta won’t have a brain fart and try to make some mixture like a science students sha grin
I just hope too oo.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by iamoyindamola(m): 10:23am On Jul 23, 2023
And I also hope we won’t run of ideas to defend arteta
I really hope
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera: 12:28pm On Jul 23, 2023
iamoyindamola:
I really hope
Amen ooo cool
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by TERMlNATOR(m): 12:39pm On Jul 23, 2023
Dear Arsenal, thank u guys for carrying our burden. We still have Sterling, just incase una wan buy another flop grin grin grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Roland17(m): 12:56pm On Jul 23, 2023
iamoyindamola:
I really hope

Aje!

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by ObaIgwe1: 1:25pm On Jul 23, 2023
iamoyindamola:
I really hope

Lol.

It's still too early na grin

I believe all these pre season matches are just to experiment what idea can work and which will not work.

I don't know what is Arteta plan with Harvertz and Viera. Left to me I will say we don't need the 2.

Our midfield should be manned by Partey Rice and Odegard with Jorg and Elneny as sub while the only good sub I see for Odegard so far is ESR.

But then I am not the manager, so I will wait and see what Arteta is cooking with them. If he gets it right he will get the commendation and if he gets it wrong he will get the sticks as he will only have himself to blame.

I don't know what he sees in Harvertz and Viera yet... But I am a patient man... Especially during preseason games.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Itsrm(m): 1:38pm On Jul 23, 2023
Spy360:

I am happy we lost this game. In fact I am happier when we lose preseason games than when we win.

Reality. It's important that the players know the actual reality of their strengths and weaknesses. Winning preseason games will mask reality. Losing it exposes it.

What's the reality? Buying players doesn't guarantee success if they don't put in the shift. Having a big name is not enough if they don't work hard. I hope after this game the coach will use a big stick and hit all those big heads especially Havertz, Ramsdale etc

I can assure you there's no big stick you'll use on Harvetz. He just does not have it. How you guys spent so much money on the fraud is a miracle.

He will surely have his moments of brilliance and that's where it ends. Don't expect any form of consistency from him.

1 Like

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Spy360(m): 2:09pm On Jul 23, 2023
Itsrm:

I can assure you there's no big stick you'll use on Harvetz. He just does not have it. How you guys spent so much money on the fraud is a miracle.

He will surely have his moments of brilliance and that's where it ends. Don't expect any form of consistency from him.
We can only trust the foresight of the manager and nothing more.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Spy360(m): 2:15pm On Jul 23, 2023
BlueRayDick:

Me I think he’s looking at using him on the wings in games where he needs him to operate from the wings and Havertz in central role due to his height
Havertz is like Ozil. Presumed to be lazy. But I don't think it's just that. He is skillful and can be devastating.

Arteta for me will be looking for the perfect partner for Havertz. So whether he plays on the wing or middle it will defend on those around him.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Spy360(m): 2:31pm On Jul 23, 2023
ObaIgwe1:

Lol.

It's still too early na grin

I believe all these pre season matches are just to experiment what idea can work and which will not work.

I don't know what is Arteta plan with Harvertz and Viera. Left to me I will say we don't need the 2.

Our midfield should be manned by Partey Rice and Odegard with Jorg and Elneny as sub while the only good sub I see for Odegard so far is ESR.

But then I am not the manager, so I will wait and see what Arteta is cooking with them. If he gets it right he will get the commendation and if he gets it wrong he will get the sticks as he will only have himself to blame.

I don't know what he sees in Harvertz and Viera yet... But I am a patient man... Especially during preseason games.
It is easy to select a midfield of Partey, Rice and Odegaard because that is how our team has been structured since. Just as it is easy to select Saka on the RW and Martinelli on the LW. But we saw yesterday that Nketiah moved to the LW and so on.

The essence of games like this is to try out new possibilities and see how effective they can be and in what situations they can become handy.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by iamoyindamola(m): 5:12pm On Jul 23, 2023
https://vm.tiktok.com/ZM2bbv7MM/
Na wetin we they talk, arteta and over doing
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by ChristoBam: 5:42pm On Jul 23, 2023
iamoyindamola:

Shey I have been saying it that whatever setup partey must be there
I have also tried to see what is special in that rice but I haven't seen yet
Rice was actually a really specular player at West Ham. The only doubt has been if he'd be able to translate all of that quality into a top team. Reason everyone's been reluctant to splash the cash on him for years.

Everything about him tells you he'll be far slower in a top team, but the Stats and his influence in big games says otherwise.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Roland17(m): 6:09pm On Jul 23, 2023
iamoyindamola:
https://vm.tiktok.com/ZM2bbv7MM/
Na wetin we they talk, arteta and over doing

I said this exact thing when I saw the line up against United and Blueray said Arteta is trying tactics. We want Tierney to stay but we are starting Tomi at LB, even if it is preseason.

Tomi returned from injury and has barely seen any action, shouldn’t he be getting reps at RB or at worst the CB position? Why are we complicating obviously simple things under Arteta?

First it was Kiwor at LB over Tierney, now Tomi.. which backfired seriously, especially with Havertz playing LM. We are going to be playing in numerous competitions, you need to count on your depth.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by iamoyindamola(m): 6:18pm On Jul 23, 2023
Roland17:

I said this exact thing when I saw the line up against United and Blueray said Arteta is trying tactics. We want Tierney to stay but we are starting Tomi at LB, even if it is preseason.

Tomi returned from injury and has barely seen any action, shouldn’t he be getting reps at RB or at worst the CB position? Why are we complicating obviously simple things under Arteta?

First it was Kiwor at LB over Tierney, now Tomi.. which backfired seriously, especially with Havertz playing LM. We are going to be playing in numerous competitions, you need to count on your depth.
The kiwior own was the height of it, same point I am making for Tomi and white
White is not a RB, I don't know why he keeps on complicating issues
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Roland17(m): 7:04pm On Jul 23, 2023
iamoyindamola:

The kiwior own was the height of it, same point I am making for Tomi and white
White is not a RB, I don't know why he keeps on complicating issues

We are always burning out our players. I’d have love to see 2 of Tomi/ White/ Kiwor CB combo experiment during this preseason. That way we know what our backups look like and not scrambling when we have to start then cos we don’t know what they look like playing CB. We should be resting Saliba/ Gabu going forward so they don’t suffer any injuries considering they are our starting combo.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by iamoyindamola(m): 7:08pm On Jul 23, 2023
Roland17:

We are always burning out our players. I’d have love to see 2 of Tomi/ White/ Kiwor CB combo experiment during this preseason. That way we know what our backups look like and not scrambling when we have to start then cos we don’t know what they look like playing CB. We should be resting Saliba/ Gabu going forward so they don’t suffer any injuries considering they are our starting combo.
Saka have start all games in this preseason
Dubbery yet to feature then why is it preseason
I no understand honestly , make e no be like we they complain
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Roland17(m): 7:18pm On Jul 23, 2023
iamoyindamola:

Saka have start all games in this preseason
Dubbery yet to feature then why is it preseason
I no understand honestly , make e no be like we they complain

Na this one dey tire me pass.

Not even Dubbery, how about starting Nelson and having Dubbery come in later? I mean, we saw the types of tackles Saka suffered. At least make we know wetin we get for bench if they need to be starters.

The matter just weak me.

(1) (2) (3) ... (3125) (3126) (3127) (3128) (3129) (3130) (3131) ... (3569) (Reply)

Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.