Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,390 members, 7,881,414 topics. Date: Friday, 05 July 2024 at 06:58 PM

Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (3129) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 (2378983 Views)

R36L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ15ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld / Arsenal Fans Thread (for Arsenal Fans) / Chelsea Fans Thread : Winners of the FA Cup And League Winners 09/10 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (3126) (3127) (3128) (3129) (3130) (3131) (3132) ... (3565) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Spy360(m): 6:48pm On Jul 24, 2023
Jodera:
I don talk am for here taya.
I've always said it that there's a big reason Havertz was pushed away from Midfield to CF and that's because he's a big liability there. This is me who have personally watched Havertz game for over 2 years in Chelsea shirt.

People will think it's because he wasn't given chance in midfield that's why he flopped not knowing it's that Midfield gan gan he flopped sef.

The worst mistake Arteta will ever be making is to make Rice, Havertz and Odegaard as our standard Midfield trio. We go too collect grin
It can work if we have a very good inverted fullback.

Lets say it's Zinchenko. During attacking phase, Zinny moves into the midfield and partners Rice while Havertz moves into the no 8 position. This will work well against lower teams, or defensive minded teams.

Any team with mind to attack will catch us in defense. So unless the likes of Gabriel and Saliba really up their game, we are good to go.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by ObaIgwe1: 1:15am On Jul 25, 2023
Spy360:

Lets say it's Zinchenko. During attacking phase, Zinny moves into the midfield and partners Rice while Havertz moves into the no 8 position. This will work well against lower teams, or defensive minded teams.

Any team with mind to attack will catch us in defense. So unless the likes of Gabriel and Saliba really up their game, we are good to go.

This only makes sense when we are attacking. In the event of counter attack, knowing how lazy Havertz is and how poor he is defensibly, we would be very vulnerable.

I'm yet to see how a player that can not press and defend like Harvertz fits into this Arsenal squad
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by BlueRayDick: 6:11am On Jul 25, 2023
ObaIgwe1:

This only makes sense when we are attacking. In the event of counter attack, knowing how lazy Havertz is and how poor he is defensibly, we would be very vulnerable.

I'm yet to see how a player that can not press and defend like Harvertz fits into this Arsenal squad

Me too . It just look as if we bought a younger but less talented version of Ozil . I just hope he proves us wrong o
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera: 7:10am On Jul 25, 2023
Spy360:

So how many teams do you think won't attack us? Maybe you're thinking we're the almighty Barca under pep's regime

Moreover, you're just thinking about it on the offensive aspect. What about the defensive aspects which is also as important? You think that won't play a role in how teams will tend to attack us if they see Havertz?

As Obal.gwe and Blueray said, it's hard to see how Havertz fits into that Midfield no matter how much we want to spin it.

Fingers crossed sha, EPL opener no far again.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Spy360(m): 7:58am On Jul 25, 2023
Jodera:
So how many teams do you think won't attack us? Maybe you're thinking we're the almighty Barca under pep's regime

Moreover, you're just thinking about it on the offensive aspect. What about the defensive aspects which is also as important? You think that won't play a role in how teams will tend to attack us if they see Havertz?

As Obal.gwe and Blueray said, it's hard to see how Havertz fits into that Midfield no matter how much we want to spin it.

Fingers crossed sha, EPL opener no far again.

The key here is to attack and hold possession. Deny the opponent of the ball, pin them back. A midfield of Zinchenko or Partey and Rice shielding the defense and holding possession and an attack of Havertz, Odegaard, Martinelli, Jesus and Saka will break any defense.

The key tactics here is to hold the ball and pin the opponent back.

Mind you, I am not saying it will work. I am just trying to interpret the game plan. It's the effiyof the players that will then determine how successful it would be.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Spy360(m): 8:01am On Jul 25, 2023
ObaIgwe1:

You are right. That's why I said it can only work well against smaller teams. Ordinarily I will prefer Rice or ESR there.

Even if we go with Havettz our back three must be up and doing
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by kad199: 8:27am On Jul 25, 2023
BlueRayDick:

Me too . It just look as if we bought a younger but less talented version of Ozil . I just hope he proves us wrong o
hope Harvertz prove u wrong is like hoping Nigeria would get better. So die that hope.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by iamoyindamola(m): 8:49am On Jul 25, 2023
iamoyindamola:
And I also hope we won’t run of ideas to defend arteta
I really hope
You see this comment
E get plenty reasons and na prayer point
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by BlueRayDick: 9:47am On Jul 25, 2023
Loserpool don carry Lavia , I guess that means Partey is staying

1 Like

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera: 11:37am On Jul 25, 2023
Spy360:

You are right. That's why I said it can only work well against smaller teams. Ordinarily I will prefer Rice or ESR there
Even if we go with Havettz our back three must be up and doing
Lol, I remembered when I said ESR should play that place reason why we shouldn't buy Havertz but you said Havertz is more talented and better there than ESR.

Surprising to see you now prefer ESR to Havertz

1 Like

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by mostob(m): 5:10pm On Jul 25, 2023
Even for friendly tours, Arteta still dey do overseriousness. The team did a brief session after the United match.

No be to dey serious o, na to use am carry trophy important pass.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by mostob(m): 6:41pm On Jul 25, 2023
Arsenal will close the transfer of Bitello from Gremio for around €8m this week. [@TuttoMercatoWeb] #afc #arsenalfanaticsnews
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by princeabdul(m): 6:57pm On Jul 25, 2023
The season jerseys is out, you have no excuse not to own it 😜
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Spy360(m): 7:07pm On Jul 25, 2023
Jodera:
Lol, I remembered when I said ESR should play that place reason why we shouldn't buy Havertz but you said Havertz is more talented and better there than ESR.

Surprising to see you now prefer ESR to Havertz
I said Havertz is more talented but I didn't say he is better than ESR. In fact I will be surprised if I said so especially in that position.

Actually my choice is ESR is basically because he is right footed and so creates a balance with Odegaard (left footed) on the right AM and a counter balance with Martinelli on the LW (they can easily alternate).

Where I actually thought Havertz will play is more as a sub for Saka (mainly) and also accross the attacking third.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Spy360(m): 7:10pm On Jul 25, 2023
mostob:
Arsenal will close the transfer of Bitello from Gremio for around €8m this week. [@TuttoMercatoWeb] #afc #arsenalfanaticsnews
Fine player
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Roland17(m): 7:11pm On Jul 25, 2023
mostob:

At this point we may as well move our academy to Brazil. Edu needs to take it easy with the transfers from Brazil. Make we look another place na, since our academy players are not good enough for the first team angry
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera: 8:52pm On Jul 25, 2023
Spy360:

I said Havertz is more talented but I didn't say he is better than ESR. In fact I will be surprised if I said so especially in that position.

Actually my choice is ESR is basically because he is right footed and so creates a balance with Odegaard (left footed) on the right AM and a counter balance with Martinelli on the LW (they can easily alternate).

Where I actually thought Havertz will play is more as a sub for Saka (mainly) and also accross the attacking third.

This was your first post when you quoted me when I voiced my opinion against Havertz signing. Read carefully your bolded

Spy360:

Havertz is not a striker. We already have strikers - Jesus, Nketiah and Balogun.

Havertz will either play alongside Odegaard or as a backup for him. Good signing for me

This was my reply to you. Emphasis on the bolded.

Jodera:
65m for backup? E be like say we don get sheikh Zayed

Is Havertz even better than ESR in midfield abi new signing syndrome dey shack you?

Then this is you confirming to that my previous post that Havertz is Indeed better than ESR in that Midfield.

Spy360:

Havertz is better than ESR.

That's not saying that ESR can't be better. The value placed on Havertz is his talent not necessarily his performance with Chelsea. He was badly managed at Chelsea.

We even argued this your opinion on and on but I'll stop here. In one of your posts also, you said you'll not be happy if he played as a striker

Isn't it surprising you're now claiming otherwise?

I no wan drag you but make you just try deh stay one place make we know your stand, so that we fit accord you your W accordingly and if there's an L, we fit give you accordingly. This your double takes fit confuse thunder. Same thing you did with Balogun and Zinny.

I no want the one wey if Havertz shines for Midfield, you go wan dey look for W from us tongue
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by mostob(m): 9:05pm On Jul 25, 2023
Roland17:

At this point we may as well move our academy to Brazil. Edu needs to take it easy with the transfers from Brazil. Make we look another place na, since our academy players are not good enough for the first team angry
grin grin grin

TBH, the quality of our academy has kinda regressed. None of them is showing promise especially in the forward position.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera: 9:10pm On Jul 25, 2023
mostob:
This is getting out of hand sha. That's how these boys will just be taking the shine of more talented boys from Hale End.

I'm gutted about the fact that Marquinhos really took Duberry spot last season. Europa exposure and league experience Duberry would have gotten was given to Marquinhos . Maybe buy now we wouldn't be looking at Saka replacement.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by mostob(m): 9:16pm On Jul 25, 2023
Jodera:

This was your first post when you quoted me when I voiced my opinion against Havertz signing. Read carefully your bolded

This was my reply to you. Emphasis on the bolded.

Then this is you confirming to that my previous post that Havertz is Indeed better than ESR in that Midfield.

We even argued this your opinion on and on but I'll stop here. In one of your posts also, you said you'll not be happy if he played as a striker

Isn't it surprising you're now claiming otherwise?

I no wan drag you but make you just try deh stay one place make we know your stand, so that we fit accord you your W accordingly and if there's an L, we fit give you accordingly. This your double takes fit confuse thunder. Same thing you did with Balogun and Zinny.

I no want the one wey if Havertz shines for Midfield, you go wan dey look for W from us tongue
grin grin grin

Spy wan turn Amala but em no know say you be Hilda Bassey pro max
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by mostob(m): 9:18pm On Jul 25, 2023
Jodera:
This is getting out of hand sha. That's how these boys will just be taking the shine of more talented boys from Hale End.

I'm gutted about the fact that Marquinhos really took Duberry spot last season. Europa exposure and league experience Duberry would have gotten was given to Marquinhos . Maybe buy now we wouldn't be looking at Saka replacement.
Arteta doesn't fancy academy boys like that. Man has too much Pep in him. Maybe by the time he set up his team properly, he'd look their way. Moreso, I think signings like this, Trusty, Marquinhos and the one done earlier in the window are for investment.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera: 9:37pm On Jul 25, 2023
mostob:
grin grin grin

Spy wan turn Amala but em no know say you be Hilda Bassey pro max
Lol, Spy smart na. See how he just sneaked in ESR there where guys wouldn't notice. cheesy

If/ Havertz didn't shine(I hope not) and you decide to tell Spy that I thought you said Havertz will shine in midfield, he'll just jejely bring today's receipt as evidence grin

But if Havertz shines in midfield, there are a whole lot of receipts where he acknowledged he would (and that he was even happy with the signing).

Anyhow anyhow, he's just cooking the Amala to turn. As weeks goes by, the Amala turning go set cheesy

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera: 9:43pm On Jul 25, 2023
mostob:
Arteta doesn't fancy academy boys like that. Man has too much Pep in him. Maybe by the time he set up his team properly, he'd look their way. Moreso, I think signings like this, Trusty, Marquinhos and the one done earlier in the window are for investment.
I doubt the bolded. There's no better way the team is setup up properly than now. I was among those who was in favour of Arteta not giving the youth chance first because the team isn't properly set up then. I thought once everything is set, he'll look their way but Omorr... embarassed

And if you talk about investment, I thought buying player who's better than your academy is investment. I don't get the idea of us buying youths that's not even as talented as our youth team. Imagine the kind of height Duberry might have reached now if he had that Marquinhos chance. Na wetin dey pain me be that embarassed
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by mostob(m): 10:22pm On Jul 25, 2023
Jodera:
I doubt the bolded. There's no better way the team is setup up properly than now. I was among those who was in favour of Arteta not giving the youth chance first because the team isn't properly set up then. I thought once everything is set, he'll look their way but Omorr... embarassed

And if you talk about investment, I thought buying player who's better than your academy is investment. I don't get the idea of us buying youths that's not even as talented as our youth team. Imagine the kind of height Duberry might have reached now if he had that Marquinhos chance. Na wetin dey pain me be that embarassed
Bro...we just get to the final stage of setting up the team properly. Let's see what happens this season. Duberry has been more involved this time around. His chance will come soon. Patino and Azeez pain me sef but then it is what it is.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by mostob(m): 10:31pm On Jul 25, 2023
Tim Akinola has revealed the advice Mikel Arteta gave him.

He said: “Arteta has done a good job of bringing people together. I spoke to him more before I went out on loan than now that I've been on loan…He's a very honest manager, he will tell you what you're good at and what you need to work on.”

On what Arteta said to him, Akinola said: “He said to me I'm very, very good in terms of tenacious, off the ball, winning the ball back from people, working hard. Midfield is the most demanding position, he wants me to be more crisp with my passes.”( BallersMindsetPodcast) #arsenalfanaticsnews
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by mostob(m): 10:32pm On Jul 25, 2023
Tomiyasu on his injury -

"Yes, it was a difficult period for me. Ben White was doing very well and to be honest I lost confidence. But the injured period was four months and I thought about a lot of things at this time.

"You need to learn from the injuries, also the mistakes from the Manchester City game as well (where his error allowed Kevin De Bruyne to open the scoring in February's top-of-the-table clash at the Emirates)."

" You have good and bad moments but you need to learn a lot of things from the bad moments. Now I am feeling good, not only for the body, but my head also like career, yeah, it’s all positive."

#arsenalfanaticsnews
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Shegzdave: 11:30pm On Jul 25, 2023
mostob:
Bro...we just get to the final stage of setting up the team properly. Let's see what happens this season. Duberry has been more involved this time around. His chance will come soon. Patino and Azeez pain me sef but then it is what it is.
Speaking of Patino and Azeez, what’s the update on their loan?
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by iamoyindamola(m): 1:54am On Jul 26, 2023
mostob:
grin grin grin

TBH, the quality of our academy has kinda regressed. None of them is showing promise especially in the forward position.
And the one that showed promise and potential nko
Did arteta even give them chance
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by iamoyindamola(m): 1:55am On Jul 26, 2023
Shegzdave:

Speaking of Patino and Azeez, what’s the update on their loan?
Patino want permanent move while arsenal are trying to include buy back clause in the contract
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by iamoyindamola(m): 2:02am On Jul 26, 2023
How's is awilo better than azeez
Is viera even better than patino
Or maquinhos better than dubbery

These guys will surely improve if he has given them opportunities but our coach want to be a cheque book manager
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera: 6:27am On Jul 26, 2023
mostob:
Hmmm.. fingers crossed sha.
I hope you're right

1 Like

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Shegzdave: 7:39am On Jul 26, 2023
iamoyindamola:

Patino want permanent move while arsenal are trying to include buy back clause in the contract
That boy is loved at blackpool, he’s bulked up and improved tremendously, I don’t know why we leave those youngsters and buy someone similar or not even better... Arteta should better give Dubbery and Nwaneri chance cause I wouldn’t want those boys to move to a new club, mehn they’re good

That buy back clause is better jaweee

(1) (2) (3) ... (3126) (3127) (3128) (3129) (3130) (3131) (3132) ... (3565) (Reply)

Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.