Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,944 members, 7,873,033 topics. Date: Thursday, 27 June 2024 at 07:00 AM

Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (3131) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 (2370274 Views)

R36L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ15ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld / Arsenal Fans Thread (for Arsenal Fans) / Chelsea Fans Thread : Winners of the FA Cup And League Winners 09/10 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (3128) (3129) (3130) (3131) (3132) (3133) (3134) ... (3558) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by iamoyindamola(m): 12:19pm On Jul 26, 2023
mostob:
Should I remind you that Lokonga caught eyes on his first couple of games before he fell off. Most of this youngsters may have shown potential but are they ready? Take for instance Tim Akintola before he went on loan. Despite the fact that we needed a DM badly, he was not called up to the senior team.

I am not really exonerating Arteta because I believe there are some games where these youngsters should have got to play but he didn't give them any chance. However looking at it from another angle, I'll give him a benefit of doubt.
Which match awilo caught eyes abeg grin grin
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by mostob(m): 3:02pm On Jul 26, 2023
iamoyindamola:
Which match awilo caught eyes abeg grin grin
His first PL match.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by iamoyindamola(m): 3:03pm On Jul 26, 2023
mostob:
His first PL match.
Post youtube link abeg
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by mostob(m): 3:05pm On Jul 26, 2023
iamoyindamola:
Post youtube link abeg
I don't have it
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Lush100(m): 6:04pm On Jul 26, 2023
iamoyindamola:

Post youtube link abeg
He caught the eye in the first 3 games.
He was tidy but we lost.
His problem.is holding on the ball and loosing possession easily
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by BlueRayDick: 6:05pm On Jul 26, 2023
Lush100:
He was tidy but we lost.

grin

How does this translate to catching the eye ?
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by iamoyindamola(m): 6:11pm On Jul 26, 2023
Lush100:
He was tidy but we lost.
Oh I remember the one we lost 3 times a row that’s what caught eyes mean shocked
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by iamoyindamola(m): 6:12pm On Jul 26, 2023
BlueRayDick:

grin

They just reminded me of those matches we lost because awilo was completely lost
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by BlueRayDick: 6:36pm On Jul 26, 2023
iamoyindamola:

They just reminded me of those matches we lost because awilo was completely lost

A midfielder who holds on to the ball too much and loses possession easily is as good as useless . Those two qualities are the most important qualities of a good midfielder .

Knowing when to pass and not losing possession easily is why people rated dem Iniesta , Xavi and co.

When I was playing amateur football, the only position I do not like playing is midfield cos it demands a lot from u. I can play RB and any attacker/winger will find it hard to penetrate that right hand side of defence . I can play as a right winger cos I’m skillful and know how to beat my marker on the wings . But midfield ? It demands so much from u. In fact u can train to be a good striker , defender or winger , but midfield ehn….. if u don’t have it , u don’t have it.

That’s why I dey always hail Partey , he sabi the thing !

1 Like

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by mostob(m): 6:57pm On Jul 26, 2023
BlueRayDick:

grin

iamoyindamola will be the one to answer this. According to him Azeez, Patino and Duberry caught the eyes the few times they played. The same way Sambi caught the eyes too in his first game but couldn't keep it up.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Spy360(m): 7:10pm On Jul 26, 2023
Jodera:
Anyone who followed that our conversation would clearly read what you meant. I mean, Your post, typed with your own hands was straight forward.

No need turning Amala.

Wò, if Havertz shines in that Midfield, I no want make anybody to claim any credit sha with "I told you so", since you don finally deny am.

I am not denying what I said. In that conversation, some questioned why we got Havertz when we have ESR saying he is better. My response was that Havertz was not brought because of his performance in Chelsea (which we have all accepted as poor) but because of his talent. I then concluded that he is better than ESR in terms of talents

I said I prefer ESR in that Xhaka role, simply because he has a right leg. That's just my own tactical view. I want a right footed player there to balance with Odegaard who is leftie.

This does not in anyway negate the possibility that Havertz will shine there. Afterall, Xhaka who he is replacing there also has a left foot.

So while your choice of ESR is because you think he is better, my choice of ESR is because of his right foot.

1 Like

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by iamoyindamola(m): 7:32pm On Jul 26, 2023
mostob:
iamoyindamola will be the one to answer this. According to him Azeez, Patino and Duberry caught the eyes the few times they played. The same way Sambi caught the eyes too in his first game but couldn't keep it up.
Patino scored on his debut, uefa applauded Azeez for his performance in europa, when dubbery came in the loss to Juventus in the friendly he was so important the team was using his wing to attack
All these are eye catching oya tell us awilo eye catching moment

1 Like

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by iamoyindamola(m): 7:33pm On Jul 26, 2023
BlueRayDick:

A midfielder who holds on to the ball too much and loses possession easily is as good as useless . Those two qualities are the most important qualities of a good midfielder .

Knowing when to pass and not losing possession easily is why people rated dem Iniesta , Xavi and co.

When I was playing amateur football, the only position I do not like playing is midfield cos it demands a lot from u. I can play RB and any attacker/winger will find it hard to penetrate that right hand side of defence . I can play as a right winger cos I’m skillful and know how to beat my marker on the wings . But midfield ? It demands so much from u. In fact u can train to be a good striker , defender or winger , but midfield ehn….. if u don’t have it , u don’t have it.

This guy is even worse pass Jerry curl
Person nketiah they tell Alaye are you comfortable with bench ni for the documentary
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Spy360(m): 8:19pm On Jul 26, 2023
BlueRayDick:

You are right about what it takes to be a midfielder. It's not about skill but having an unspeakable self awareness. Being able to know what's happening around you. Players like Vieira and Keane didn't have to be skillful to man a midfield.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by mostob(m): 9:09pm On Jul 26, 2023
iamoyindamola:

Patino scored on his debut, uefa applauded Azeez for his performance in europa, when dubbery came in the loss to Juventus in the friendly he was so important the team was using his wing to attack
All these are eye catching oya tell us awilo eye catching moment
If your eye-catching phrase is by applaud and the level of importance then why are you doubting my stance? Against Brentford, Lokonga was one of our best players. According to sofascore, he ended up with a rating of 7.3. Against Chelsea, he was also a bright spark and arguably our best performer. Let me remind you that he was APPLAUDED too, and was IMPORTANT TO THE TEAM.

Anyway, my aim is not to compare but to show you that a player may have an eyecatching debut and end up not performing to expectations. This is why I used Lokonga as an example. Arteta is the only one who knew the reason why he is not using these kids.

2 Likes

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by BlueRayDick: 3:11am On Jul 27, 2023
Na wa o. Match wey person talk say make he watch before going out this morning , dem say match delayed 😏
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by iamoyindamola(m): 3:30am On Jul 27, 2023
BlueRayDick:
Na wa o. Match wey person talk say make he watch before going out this morning , dem say match delayed 😏
Till when
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by BlueRayDick: 3:36am On Jul 27, 2023
iamoyindamola:

Till when

4.06am
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by BlueRayDick: 3:38am On Jul 27, 2023
Line-up out .

Timber playing LB and white back to his RB .

Let’s see what Havertz will do in midfield with Oartey starting with him and Odegaard in the middle

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by iamoyindamola(m): 3:58am On Jul 27, 2023
BlueRayDick:
Line-up out .

Timber playing LB and white back to his RB .

Let’s see what Havertz will do in midfield with Oartey starting with him and Odegaard in the middle
Our ogbon coach never learn😂😂
Btw that werey Martinez got served, same rough tackle he gave saka he did it with Bellingham but that one no gree for him
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by BlueRayDick: 4:05am On Jul 27, 2023
iamoyindamola:

Our ogbon coach never learn😂😂
Btw that werey Martinez got served, same rough tackle he gave saka he did it with Bellingham but that one no gree for him

That martinez is crazy. He will soon cost United in a crucial match with that his gidigbo marking . I saw the tackle on Bellingham ,he dey always mistime tackle will still be doing agidi instead of trying to pacify the victim.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by BlueRayDick: 4:15am On Jul 27, 2023
Odegaard u dey dull board o
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by BlueRayDick: 4:16am On Jul 27, 2023
Barca leads 1-0
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by iamoyindamola(m): 4:17am On Jul 27, 2023
This coach is forcing Harvertz on us I haven’t seen him at all
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by mostob(m): 4:18am On Jul 27, 2023
Trossard as one of the 8s.

Jesus moves to the wing

Havertz at CF
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by BlueRayDick: 4:20am On Jul 27, 2023
We are back in it !

1-1

Saka the golden boy !
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by iamoyindamola(m): 4:20am On Jul 27, 2023
Omo ologo
Our final passes look out of sort
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by iamoyindamola(m): 4:22am On Jul 27, 2023
Jesus leave shaku shaku na
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by BlueRayDick: 4:22am On Jul 27, 2023
JESUS! grin

He nearly kill Romeu there
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by BlueRayDick: 4:23am On Jul 27, 2023
iamoyindamola:
Jesus leave shaku shaku na

Na saka 4ck say he no score jare . Jesus has done what needed to be done and was still able to lay a pass
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by BlueRayDick: 4:28am On Jul 27, 2023
Penarity in our Favour
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by iamoyindamola(m): 4:28am On Jul 27, 2023
BlueRayDick:
Penarity in our Favour
E lose am

(1) (2) (3) ... (3128) (3129) (3130) (3131) (3132) (3133) (3134) ... (3558) (Reply)

Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.