Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,192,075 members, 7,946,670 topics. Date: Thursday, 12 September 2024 at 12:13 AM

I Pity Tinubu If He Approves Unsustainable Minimum Wage - Soludo - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Pity Tinubu If He Approves Unsustainable Minimum Wage - Soludo (27137 Views)

Nigeria Is Poor, Elected Officials Should Earn Minimum Wage – Soludo / Tinubu: If I Am Elected President, Edo Will Become As Beautiful As Lagos / Bamidele Salam: Reduce Lawmakers By Two-thirds; We’re Too Many, Unsustainable (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Pity Tinubu If He Approves Unsustainable Minimum Wage - Soludo by Samfloxin(m): 4:35pm On Jun 12
SwissMass:
Soludo understands the economy not like the bitter grieving obi 3rd class graduate of philosophy
Let him advise the president to move salary from exclusive list to concurrent list
Re: I Pity Tinubu If He Approves Unsustainable Minimum Wage - Soludo by blacknp(m): 4:37pm On Jun 12
Stanleymaster1:
That's what he is about to do. Who don't known Tinubu, Giver of hardship
You are still confused as usual.
Re: I Pity Tinubu If He Approves Unsustainable Minimum Wage - Soludo by blacknp(m): 4:37pm On Jun 12
Samfloxin:

Let him advise the president to move salary from exclusive list to concurrent list
Please stop exhibiting your cluelessness about the topic.
Re: I Pity Tinubu If He Approves Unsustainable Minimum Wage - Soludo by blacknp(m): 4:39pm On Jun 12
Samfloxin:

Is it the president, or the National Assembly that will move it from the exclusive to the concurrent list, many a times most of you talk & write, before you think.

1 Like

Re: I Pity Tinubu If He Approves Unsustainable Minimum Wage - Soludo by LegendHero(m): 4:43pm On Jun 12
Adaisback:
BIA one term governor as you call yourself, Biko Kam jugo du I, , does it mean you are over taxing ndi Anambra for nothing ?

Soludo , Anambra is one of the richest state in Nigeria, Anambra state can pay the minimum age very well you are just being stingy and wicked. No one should quote me this afternoon , I haff headache

Below is Soludo laying bare Anambra revenue today.

Where the man wan take pay 250k minimum wage in that poor state? Abi you no see the state finance?

5 Likes

Re: I Pity Tinubu If He Approves Unsustainable Minimum Wage - Soludo by Obi1kenobi(m): 5:03pm On Jun 12
Usmanovic95:
How come soludo is not proffering solution to problem that is making labour demand for an increase in wage. He is against government increasing minimum wage to something decent, but he is tongue-tied to suggest policy that won't make labour clamour for a payrise.

The government cannot solve everyone's problems. At this point, ensuring the government is solvent and fiscally responsible, services its debts and has good credit and achieves macro-economic stability is the best way to ensure that EVERYONE is lifted with an improving economy. Not unrealistic demands for a minimum wage, as if there's some magic money tree that the government can just shake and all the money they need will fall down. Anyone who thinks the Federal government can pay the lunatic demands of the NLC and TUC is haplessly deluded. Even the 62,000 the government are proposing are commitments that will be very hard to live up to.

If people can't afford to be on minimum wage, they should avoid minimum wage jobs and build an independent livelihood for themselves.

3 Likes

Re: I Pity Tinubu If He Approves Unsustainable Minimum Wage - Soludo by vengertime: 5:09pm On Jun 12
To be a Nigerian politician, you have to be Stone cold wicked.

You pity Tinubu, but you don't pity workers working as slaves

1 Like

Re: I Pity Tinubu If He Approves Unsustainable Minimum Wage - Soludo by Kenmatt(m): 5:09pm On Jun 12
Re: I Pity Tinubu If He Approves Unsustainable Minimum Wage - Soludo by casualobserver: 5:09pm On Jun 12
christejames:
Soludo is disappointing me with his statements on this minimum wage undecided

You were perceived as a technocrat and made the governor of one of the most vibrants and richest states (in both human and commercial/industrial resources) in Nigeria, but you are giving excuses that you can't pay something less than 70k? When some states like Edo and Borno that are seen as commercially inefficient are proposing more than 70k? shocked shocked

Keep giving opposition chances to push you out!

You say you want a technocrat, he is giving you the facts from the lens of a technocrat. You cannot have a country with a gdp per capita of N150k a month and pay the minimum worker even N100k. I have been saying it for weeks, you cannot pay a man more than his output and the reality is that the output of the Nigerian worker is very low N150k a month on average. Average according to civil service scale is a graduate with a few years experience.

Minimum wage is not supposed to “take you home”. You are not supposed to be comfortable on minimum wage otherwise you would have no incentive to improve yourself or your productivity.

If you read my posts on the subject for the last 2 weeks, you will see Soludo is echoing exactly what I have been saying.

1) He said nowhere in the world do you pay a minimum wage higher than 30% of GDP per capita.
2) he spoke about the productivity of the Nigerian worker.
3) he spoke about effects of Udoji award of 1973.

All these things I have been hammering.

4 Likes

Re: I Pity Tinubu If He Approves Unsustainable Minimum Wage - Soludo by Grace001: 5:09pm On Jun 12
Or you pity Nigerians
Re: I Pity Tinubu If He Approves Unsustainable Minimum Wage - Soludo by Berankis: 5:10pm On Jun 12
What job losses? Even the current N30,000 min wage, are they all paying it? Th organized private sector are even criminals.
Re: I Pity Tinubu If He Approves Unsustainable Minimum Wage - Soludo by Kenmatt(m): 5:10pm On Jun 12
christejames:

You were perceived as a technocrat and made the governor of one of the most vibrants and richest states (in both human and commercial/industrial resources) in Nigeria, but you are giving excuses that you can't pay something less than 70k? When some states like Edo and Borno that are seen as commercially inefficient are proposing more than 70k? shocked shocked

Stop typing what you don't know by telling us that Anambra State is one of the riches State.

How much is the State receiving from FAAC?

How much is the State generating from internal revenue?

Do you think those Nnewi and Onitsha business boys pay their taxes, even as when due?

Don't mention Anambra State and mentioned one of the richest State again.
Re: I Pity Tinubu If He Approves Unsustainable Minimum Wage - Soludo by ecomalchemistt(m): 5:10pm On Jun 12
Alright
Re: I Pity Tinubu If He Approves Unsustainable Minimum Wage - Soludo by heniford2: 5:11pm On Jun 12
When I tell people nobi to speak oyibo be good governance una dey argue it this soludo has nothing to offer go to Anambra state and see things for yourself you will understand that professor know book may not really mean I sabi work ethics
Re: I Pity Tinubu If He Approves Unsustainable Minimum Wage - Soludo by viodemus: 5:12pm On Jun 12
some people have gotten this taste of wealth and wickedness, as long as they can enslave the masses whole they eat to stupor, all is well, but immediately the masses start to request for fairness, they become unsettled like this unfortunate criminal.

1 Like

Re: I Pity Tinubu If He Approves Unsustainable Minimum Wage - Soludo by SmartyPants(m): 5:13pm On Jun 12
Obi1kenobi:

The government cannot solve everyone's problems. At this point, ensuring the government is solvent and fiscally responsible, services its debts and has good credit and achieves macro-economic stability is the best way to ensure that EVERYONE is lifted with an improving economy. Not unrealistic demands for a minimum wage, as if there's some magic money tree that the government can just shake and all the money they need will fall down. Anyone who thinks the Federal government can pay the lunatic demands of the NLC and TUC is haplessly deluded. Even the 62,000 the government are proposing are commitments that will be very hard to live up to.

If people can't afford to be on minimum wage, they should avoid minimum wage jobs and build an independent livelihood for themselves.

You get it. Its not about a hand to mouth minimum wage. its about good governance and liberating the private sector

1 Like

Re: I Pity Tinubu If He Approves Unsustainable Minimum Wage - Soludo by Augustine2244(m): 5:14pm On Jun 12
This man is not serious at all. So you people can live on fat allowances, drive cars worth tens of millions, spend millions on vacations abroad,but can't pay over 62,000 or 250,000 as minimum wage for the NLC.
Re: I Pity Tinubu If He Approves Unsustainable Minimum Wage - Soludo by fortunechy(m): 5:14pm On Jun 12
Don't worry, ur quest for second tenure will humble u...
Re: I Pity Tinubu If He Approves Unsustainable Minimum Wage - Soludo by lexy2014: 5:14pm On Jun 12
EmperorCaesar:
As a former CBN Gov, He knows best and I'm sure PBAT share same ideology too

They wouldnt approve what State Gov would struggle to pay in the long run

If you disagree with this, just remember than you arent smarter than Soludo

the governor, his executive team and state legislators all enjoy free food, free security, free accommodation, free electricity, free fuel, free internet, free healthcare services, free, newspapers, free dstv, free phone calls, free transportation, all at exorbitant cost to the government. why is the government not struggling to provide these freebies to these class of politicians year in year out?

if you say he is so smart, why cant he push for a bill to stop all these freebies to free up funds to pay for a new minimum wage?
Re: I Pity Tinubu If He Approves Unsustainable Minimum Wage - Soludo by fortunechy(m): 5:15pm On Jun 12
Keep disgracing urself daily...
Re: I Pity Tinubu If He Approves Unsustainable Minimum Wage - Soludo by LeopardX: 5:16pm On Jun 12
Usmanovic95:
How come soludo is not proffering solution to problem that is making labour demand for an increase in wage. He is against government increasing minimum wage to something decent, but he is tongue-tied to suggest policy that won't make labour clamour for a payrise.
As one of the commenters above said, it seems Soludo doesn't actually think Nigeria has a future......and I agree with him.

1 Like

Re: I Pity Tinubu If He Approves Unsustainable Minimum Wage - Soludo by Goodday90(m): 5:16pm On Jun 12
Soludo is now the new found love of the Ronu movement

1 Like

Re: I Pity Tinubu If He Approves Unsustainable Minimum Wage - Soludo by LordBillionz: 5:17pm On Jun 12
Ok. Your salary is unsustainable too. Allowances too. Slash every thing by 10.
Re: I Pity Tinubu If He Approves Unsustainable Minimum Wage - Soludo by starz100: 5:17pm On Jun 12
Putindbutt:
Illiterate people will come here to argue with Soludo. Abia state still dey struggle with 18k.
Merge it with another viable state,then
Re: I Pity Tinubu If He Approves Unsustainable Minimum Wage - Soludo by Bakrabas: 5:18pm On Jun 12
If they cannot approve the minimum wages, let them cut the salary of the political class by 70% and their allowances from president to councilor.

President: 1.2m

Senator: 900k

House of rep: 850k

Gov: 950k

State house: 500k

LG: 75k

Councillor: 50k

After this salary structure, anyone that contest for the political office is the one that truly wants to serve

This current political class are full of higher jamboree of those that dwell on public resources bunch of ill-gotten wealthy people

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Pity Tinubu If He Approves Unsustainable Minimum Wage - Soludo by Threedoorsdown: 5:18pm On Jun 12
EmperorCaesar:

Speak for yourself. You don't sound smart anyways

Alot of people are smarter than Soludo. Yes a whole lot of young Nigerians are way smarter than him.

To start with, If you feel a worker should earn less than 40USD a month then you aren't smart.

3 Likes

Re: I Pity Tinubu If He Approves Unsustainable Minimum Wage - Soludo by ezechi24(m): 5:21pm On Jun 12
SwissMass:
Soludo understands the economy not like the bitter grieving obi 3rd class graduate of philosophy

But the morons you are supporting claims they are taking obis economic ideas...now who is more foolish.
Re: I Pity Tinubu If He Approves Unsustainable Minimum Wage - Soludo by emmykk(m): 5:21pm On Jun 12
EmperorCaesar:

But removing subsidy from petroleum products is sustainable and the high cost of consumer goods and services is subsinable in the 1 yr plus that the policy is in place yet they share trillions over these period in FAAC .

Please you and soludo should go and sleep.

He should wait and replaced Jagaban befor issuing anti-people ideas and if the NLC of they aggree with him that will be his luck.
Re: I Pity Tinubu If He Approves Unsustainable Minimum Wage - Soludo by criuze(m): 5:23pm On Jun 12
EmperorCaesar:

U wan push who out??

I can bet my balls that you're not even in Anambra state...Lets meet at Ukwuorji, close to Paul University, Awka tomorrow evening if truly you are in Anambra state

Una go siddon for SW dey predict wetin no real for here

If only u know how hard the man is working....that aside sef, na only one vote u get and that wont stop CS next year

Meeting at upper iweka under fly over around 7 pm would have been more cool than that ukwu orji
Re: I Pity Tinubu If He Approves Unsustainable Minimum Wage - Soludo by Honestey: 5:27pm On Jun 12
Wow! I respect Soludo, a real former CBN president not some vulture.
Re: I Pity Tinubu If He Approves Unsustainable Minimum Wage - Soludo by pseudonomer: 5:28pm On Jun 12
christejames:

It’s disappointing that you didn’t watch the video.

It would be even scarier if you did watch the video and still made this comment, which seems like it’s from someone trying to appear smart.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

APC Has No Plans For Igbo Presidency – Obasanjo / Presidential Primaries: APC May Adopt Consensus As Buhari, Governors Meet / Buhari Arrives Doha Qatar (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.