Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,181,741 members, 7,915,059 topics. Date: Thursday, 08 August 2024 at 03:45 PM

Exclusive - Chief Obafemi Awolowo On Biafra (in His Own Words) - Politics (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Exclusive - Chief Obafemi Awolowo On Biafra (in His Own Words) (25794 Views)

HID Awolowo Was Buried Beside Her Husband, Chief Obafemi Awolowo In Ikene (Pics) / Obasanjo Pushing HID Awolowo On Wheel-Chair (Picture) / Dr. Nwaezeigwe Defends Awolowo On Achebe’s Civil War Memoir (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Exclusive - Chief Obafemi Awolowo On Biafra (in His Own Words) by bashr8: 7:55pm On Nov 28, 2011
aribisala0:

immediately after the war ended there was a sense of deep hurt in the east .
sadly they had lost the war and quite painfully too with lots of lives lost BUT
none of the post war narratives dared to villify any characters from the North
NOT ONE
e.g. Yakubu Gowon
    Hassan Katsina
    Murtala Muhammad
     T. Danjuma to name a few

even from the west Olusegun Obasanjo and
  the so-called Black Scorpion were all spared any
popular criticism

These were after all principal actors in the whole debacle. why does no one point the accusing finger at these lot.

The answer is quite simple really they were all military figures and in the prevailing mood the Nigerian military were greatly feared as such coming to terms with the psychological trauma has entailed transference of angst and so we observe the  casting of  Awolowo as the villain in chief. He was civilian and was a readily available scapegoat for all evils.
i will not come to his defence but whatever he did there were others who did a lot worse
what is striking is that the victims cannot even name them much less or more confront them or villify them . a very complex, psychology not dissimilar to that observed in victims of intimate abuse. fascinating

this has nothing to do with yoruba people but awolowo himself .there are threads for others but this is about awo and his lies. our parents never got their money back in the west and north, they also lost all their shares in the major companies in nigeria.
Re: Exclusive - Chief Obafemi Awolowo On Biafra (in His Own Words) by aribisala0(m): 7:55pm On Nov 28, 2011
the reason you could not blame obasanjo and adekunle was simple fear of the military and those survivors had to teach their children something.
i schooled in the east after the war. did they teach the war in schools
Re: Exclusive - Chief Obafemi Awolowo On Biafra (in His Own Words) by aribisala0(m): 7:56pm On Nov 28, 2011
aribisala0:

immediately after the war ended there was a sense of deep hurt in the east .
sadly they had lost the war and quite painfully too with lots of lives lost BUT
none of the post war narratives dared to villify any characters from the North
NOT ONE
e.g. Yakubu Gowon
    Hassan Katsina
    Murtala Muhammad
     T. Danjuma to name a few

even from the west Olusegun Obasanjo and
  the so-called Black Scorpion were all spared any
popular criticism

These were after all principal actors in the whole debacle. why does no one point the accusing finger at these lot.

The answer is quite simple really they were all military figures and in the prevailing mood the Nigerian military were greatly feared
as such coming to terms with the psychological trauma has entailed transference of angst and so we observe the  casting of  Awolowo as the villain in chief. He was civilian [/b]and was a readily available scapegoat for all evils.
i will not come to his defence but whatever he did there were others who did a lot worse
what is striking is that the victims cannot even name them much less or more confront them or villify them . a very complex, psychology not dissimilar to that observed in victims of intimate abuse. fascinating

bashr8:

this has nothing to do with yoruba people but awolowo himself .there are threads for others but this is about awo and his lies. our parents never got their money back in the west and north, they also lost all their shares in the major companies in nigeria.

please read and comprehend

did i say it has anything to do with yoruba people??
[b]please if you do not understand english do NOT copy my posts
Re: Exclusive - Chief Obafemi Awolowo On Biafra (in His Own Words) by Nchara: 7:58pm On Nov 28, 2011
aribisala0:

please do not generalize who is you guys? did you read what you just copied. if you copy my post that means you want to have a sensible discussion so do me the courtesy of reading and comprehending what you copy. do not ascribe to me that yoruba or igbo nonsense. you are projecting your own prejudiced emotions.because you are like that does not mean everyone else is i said awo was targeted because he was a civilian. immediately after the war could anyone come out and raise their voice against gowon.

We have long been in democracy where there is no fear of the military men. Why do people still not blame Obasanjo, Gowon, Adekunle and the others? Why do they still blame Awo even in death? You have a lot of questions to answer for yourself. Bye.
Re: Exclusive - Chief Obafemi Awolowo On Biafra (in His Own Words) by dayokanu(m): 8:01pm On Nov 28, 2011
Nchara:

Was Ademoyega also an Igbo Soldier?
After the counter coup in which Igbo soldiers were killed, what happened to Igbo civilians who had no hand in the first coup? Where they spared?

Who did Ademoyega kill?

Nzeogwu killed Bello, Ifeajuna killed Balewa, Nwobosi killed Akintola, Anuforo killed Okotie-Eboh, Tim Onwuategwu killed Ademulegun and his wife in bed
Re: Exclusive - Chief Obafemi Awolowo On Biafra (in His Own Words) by Nchara: 8:01pm On Nov 28, 2011
Aribisala:

Those military men had the brawn and the gun but without the brain. Awo supplied the brain power which was most effective compared to the brawn. Without his evil policies, the outcome of the war would be different, I guess.

What was he angry with the Igbos about that led to the actions he took against them?
Re: Exclusive - Chief Obafemi Awolowo On Biafra (in His Own Words) by aribisala0(m): 8:02pm On Nov 28, 2011
Nchara:

We have long been in democracy where there is no fear of the military men. Why do people still not blame Obasanjo, Gowon, Adekunle and the others? Why do they still blame Awo even in death? You have a lot of questions to answer for yourself. Bye.
the narrative is old immediately after trauma there was a need to find closure with a story acceptable to the psyche within the far from neutral political space. people told themselves and their children stories my quetion is this how many of those stories involve NAMED military personnel??
Re: Exclusive - Chief Obafemi Awolowo On Biafra (in His Own Words) by Nchara: 8:03pm On Nov 28, 2011
dayokanu:

Who did Ademoyega kill?

Nzeogwu killed Bello, Ifeajuna killed Balewa, Nwobosi killed Akintola, Anuforo killed Okotie-Eboh, Tim Onwuategwu killed Ademulegun and his wife in bed

In  a coup what matters, the one who pulled the trigger or those who were active in coup plottingan dexecution? As to who pulled which trigger, you have no evidence for all your claims.
Re: Exclusive - Chief Obafemi Awolowo On Biafra (in His Own Words) by Nchara: 8:05pm On Nov 28, 2011
aribisala0:

the narrative is old immediately after trauma there was a need to find closure with a story acceptable to the psyche within the far from neutral political space. people told themselves and their children stories my quetion is this how many of those stories involve NAMED military personnel??

Awo admitted to two things:

1. That he signed the 20-pound policy
2. That he stopped the supply of foreign food into Biafra, thereby starving children to death

That is enough to know who was pulling the strings.
Re: Exclusive - Chief Obafemi Awolowo On Biafra (in His Own Words) by aribisala0(m): 8:05pm On Nov 28, 2011
Nchara:

Aribisala:

Those military men had the brawn and the gun but without the brain. Awo supplied the brain power which was most effective compared to the brawn. Without his evil policies, the outcome of the war would be different, I guess.

What was he angry with the Igbos about that led to the actions he took against them?
you have made my point perfectly for me.
this is what the victims needed to believe in order to move on . that is what they told themselves ,repeatedly, and their children.
i do not comment on whether that is true or not but psychologically evolved people must see the purpose/function of narratives in general and that one specifically.

if indeed it is true that the outcome of a war would be different without"evil policies" most rational humans will pursue "evil" policies and we should not be sentimental about it
war can be evil and there is no creature more evil that the human
Re: Exclusive - Chief Obafemi Awolowo On Biafra (in His Own Words) by Katsumoto: 8:07pm On Nov 28, 2011
Nchara:

In  a coup what matters, the one who pulled the trigger or those who were active in coup plottingan dexecution? As to who pulled which trigger, you have no evidence for all your claims.

And when you are presented with the evidence, you will either deny them, blaming some funny conspiracy, or keep quiet.
Re: Exclusive - Chief Obafemi Awolowo On Biafra (in His Own Words) by aribisala0(m): 8:08pm On Nov 28, 2011
sometimes you mix emotion to the extent of forgetting reality.

how would the 20 pound policy have affected the outcome of the war .

you know religion is a funny thing we need devils just as much as we need gods
may we all find enlightenment
Re: Exclusive - Chief Obafemi Awolowo On Biafra (in His Own Words) by Nobody: 8:08pm On Nov 28, 2011
Nchara:

Aribisala:

Awo was a very smart man. I will like to refer you to an article written by Zik in 1945 or there about. It was called "the Iliad of the gods" Maybe it will give you a little perspective.
All those saying Awo started tribalism will have a rethink after reading this piece by the supposedly Zik of Africa.
The article is somewhere here on Nairaland, and I have no time to dig it out right now.
Re: Exclusive - Chief Obafemi Awolowo On Biafra (in His Own Words) by Nchara: 8:20pm On Nov 28, 2011
aribisala0:

sometimes you mix emotion to the extent of forgetting reality.

how would the 20 pound policy have affected the outcome of the war .

you know religion is a funny thing we need devils just as much as we need gods
may we all find enlightenment

Not on the 20 pound policy which was after the war but on the acceptance to work with the North to decimate Biafra and the starvation policy he established
What did Igbos do to him before then? If he claims ''Igbos'' did a coup that killed Akintola (whom he was not friends with anyways), what about the revenge killing of Ironsi and other Igbo soldiers in the North? Was that not enough?
Re: Exclusive - Chief Obafemi Awolowo On Biafra (in His Own Words) by bashr8: 8:22pm On Nov 28, 2011
aribisala0:

you have made my point perfectly for me.
this is what the victims needed to believe in order to move on . that is what they told themselves ,repeatedly, and their children.
i do not comment on whether that is true or not but psychologically evolved people must see the purpose/function of narratives in general and that one specifically.

if indeed it is true that the outcome of a war would be different without"evil policies" most rational humans will pursue "evil" policies and we should not be sentimental about it
war can be evil and there is no creature more evil that the human

the igbos judging from their success are the only group that have moved ahead it seems the north and south west are the victims of the war still battling with poverty and worse off from where they were before the war and lets not forget what the ogonis and ijaws have been going through since then, we only want to set the records straight.
Re: Exclusive - Chief Obafemi Awolowo On Biafra (in His Own Words) by Nobody: 8:24pm On Nov 28, 2011
Nchara:

Not on the 20 pound policy which was after the war but on the acceptance to work with the North to decimate Biafra and the starvation policy he established
What did Igbos do to him before then? If he claims ''Igbos'' did a coup that killed Akintola (whom he was not friends with anyways), what about the revenge killing of Ironsi and other Igbo soldiers in the North? Was that not enough?

He only safeguarded the interests of his people, nothing personal, nothing against Ndigbo.
Re: Exclusive - Chief Obafemi Awolowo On Biafra (in His Own Words) by Nchara: 8:24pm On Nov 28, 2011
Katsumoto:

And when you are presented with the evidence, you will either deny them, blaming some funny conspiracy, or keep quiet.

Yes, evidence to show that all those individuals he listed pulled the different triggers on the different victims.
Then follow up with the role that Ademoyega himself played. Unless you tell me he was in the coup for the fun of it.
Then tell me that the killing of Ironsi, Unegbe (then Quatermaster General) and 100s of Igbo officers and soldiers was not revenge enough
Yet Igbo civillians were killed in 1000s, leading to Igbos been forced to save their lives in their own country.

Go ahead and break it down for me.
Re: Exclusive - Chief Obafemi Awolowo On Biafra (in His Own Words) by Nchara: 8:25pm On Nov 28, 2011
Aigbofa:

He only safeguarded the interests of his people, nothing personal, nothing against Ndigbo.    

And you get angry and mad at me when I say he did that to the detriment of me and mine.
Re: Exclusive - Chief Obafemi Awolowo On Biafra (in His Own Words) by Katsumoto: 8:27pm On Nov 28, 2011
bashr8:

the igbos judging from their success are the only group that have moved ahead it seems the north and south west are the victims of the war still battling with poverty and worse off from where they were before the war and lets not forget what the ogonis and ijaws have been going through since then, we only want to set the records straight.

That s another lie you tell yourselves. Contentment with one's lot in life is the basis of happiness and not material wealth.

Secondly, the migration pattern is the true indication of economic prosperity.
Re: Exclusive - Chief Obafemi Awolowo On Biafra (in His Own Words) by Katsumoto: 8:29pm On Nov 28, 2011
Nchara:

Yes, evidence to show that all those individuals he listed pulled the different triggers on the different victims.
Then follow up with the role that Ademoyega himself played. Unless you tell me he was in the coup for the fun of it.
Then tell me that the killing of Ironsi, Unegbe (then Quatermaster General) and 100s of Igbo officers and soldiers was not revenge enough
Yet Igbo civillians were killed in 1000s, leading to Igbos been forced to save their lives in their own country.

Go ahead and break it down for me.

Did you read any comments on me whether the retaliation was justified or not?
Re: Exclusive - Chief Obafemi Awolowo On Biafra (in His Own Words) by Nchara: 8:29pm On Nov 28, 2011
10 years before the war: Nigeria is a mere geographical expression- Awolowo
10 years later- same person joined to fight against Igbo rebellion to safeguard their lives been decimated in the North
How do I reconcile that?
If Ojukwu had killed him in Calabar prison instead of releasing him would he have been in a position to do what he did to the Igbos?
Re: Exclusive - Chief Obafemi Awolowo On Biafra (in His Own Words) by Nchara: 8:30pm On Nov 28, 2011
Katsumoto:

Did you read any comments on me whether the retaliation was justified or not?

You responded to me and I did same to you. Any problem?
Re: Exclusive - Chief Obafemi Awolowo On Biafra (in His Own Words) by DeeMain(m): 8:32pm On Nov 28, 2011
dayokanu:

You wanted war, Black Scorpion gave it -to you in full dose. Now you are moaning they didnt feed you?

Wigga what do you think war is?

Eko Ile:

Whats really cold blooded is the fact that some incompetent man and a poor planner took your people took war without making arrangememt  safe and secured food supply.

You dont go took to war and end up depending on your enemy to feed your own army, that was just reta.rded.

It was also cold blooded that the man responsible for your feeding and safety was denying you food by taking bribe and extorting money from food aid groups.

Awolowo was not responsible for the people of biafra, ojuku was. That you still have to deal with.

@Dayokanu we didn't want war. We wanted to seceed. Nobody gets mowed down the way Biafrans were without trying to self-preserve.

@ Dayokanu and Eko ile: Moaning they didn't feed you? No, we are not talking about feeding biafrans. Nobody said you should feed your enemy.  We are talking about  the war crime of total food blockade: The existing farmlands in Biafraland was serially decimated via bombs n shelling.  Civilians were the prime target. No food was allowed into hunger-ravished Biafra either by sea, air or by land by any means. No food was allowed into Biafra. Food carrying ships and planes were sent back to their respective countries.  That is the meaning of TOTAL BLOCKADE. That's a crime against humanity. The food blockade killed more biafrans than the superior military arsenal of Nigeria put together.

Death Count: 2 million Biafrans!
Re: Exclusive - Chief Obafemi Awolowo On Biafra (in His Own Words) by Nchara: 8:33pm On Nov 28, 2011
Katsumoto:

T

Aregbesola of Osun STATE does not think so, plus the fact of almajirism in the SW, plus the fact that most of the wealth in Lagos are in the hands of non-Yorubas, but I digress.

Why we can’t tax Osun people, by Aregbesola
By Adesoji Adeniyi 19 hours 25 minutes ago
Font size: Decrease font Enlarge font
Rauf Aregbesola Rauf Aregbesola

Osun State Governor Rauf Aregbesola at the weekend explained why his administration has refused to tax the people.

Aregbesola said his people are very poor and tax would be an unnecessary burden on them.

He spoke at the Banquet Hall of the State House in Osogbo, the state capital, during a dinner with representatives of various financial institutions.

The dinner was part of activities marking the one year anniversary of the Aregbesola administration in office.

The governor urged the institutions to assist in eradicating poverty in the state, assuring them of security and a business friendly environment.

He solicited for funds to finance capital projects and programmes that would improve the state’s economy.

Aregbesola said: “I am in Osun State to eradicate poverty. [b]If you are talking about naked poverty, it is here in the state. W[/b]e can not tax anybody here because we do not want them to die.

[b]“Are we going to tax people waiting to die? [/b]We were able to save 13 million in the last year, not through tax, but by blocking leakages in the system. So you bankers have no choice than to help us deliver good governance to the people. We need your support to eradicate poverty.

“I am amused about the uninformed comments of our predecessor in office about the finances of the state. They are confused and cannot comprehend what we are doing because they are not financially literate.

“We have the vision, passion and action. I am here to change the fate of the black man through the various programmes and projects of our unusual and unconventional government.

“My predecessor left the state’s account in a bad state. We met a suffocating loan of N18.3 billion, which the Olagunsoye Oyinlola administration secured in an unprofessional manner.

“But within a year in office, my administration was able to increase the Internally Generated Revenue (IGR) of the state from N300 million to N600 million and pay the loan through the access of N25 million bond from the bank, with the monthly servicing of less than N100 million, instead of the N800 million used to service the former loan.”

The governor said his administration does not wait for the federal allocation before it pays its workers, adding that any state waiting for it is doomed.

He said states rejected the October allocation because of President Goodluck Jonathan’s decision to deduct some amount from it for the creation of Sovereign Wealth.

Aregbesola said nobody has the right to deduct from any state’s allocation without the governor’s consent.

He advised state governments to exploit other avenues for generating revenue.

Commissioner for Finance, Economic Planning and Budgeting, Dr. wale Bolorunduro said the government plans to increase the IGR to N1 billion next year.

On incessant bank robberies in the state, Bolorunduro said the government has collaborated with security agencies to forestall a recurrence. He said the governor has ordered for five Armoured Personnel Carriers (APCs) and established a security trust fund to combat the menace.

Many of the bank executives acknowledged the governor’s passion for development and promised to support his administration.

They include: Ayo Abina, Skye Bank; Elias Akenzua, Zenith Bank; Akinleye Ogunleye, Diamond Bank; and Boyin Oladokun, Unity Bank.
Re: Exclusive - Chief Obafemi Awolowo On Biafra (in His Own Words) by bashr8: 8:44pm On Nov 28, 2011
Katsumoto:

That s another lie you tell yourselves. Contentment with one's lot in life is the basis of happiness and not material wealth.

south west is the poorest region in the south its no secret ,even lagos have more poverty rate than any south east or rivers and delta, lets not evn talk about the north.
Re: Exclusive - Chief Obafemi Awolowo On Biafra (in His Own Words) by Nchara: 8:48pm On Nov 28, 2011
bashr8:

south west is the poorest region in the south its no secret ,even lagos have more poverty rate than any south east or rivers and delta, lets not evn talk about the north.
Katsumoto:

Hahahahah!!!

Igbos also migrate to the North? How prosperous is the North?

On Igbo migration it is simply for territorial expansion which you guys will have to live with since you stopped them from having their own country.
Re: Exclusive - Chief Obafemi Awolowo On Biafra (in His Own Words) by dayokanu(m): 8:49pm On Nov 28, 2011
DeeMain:

@Dayokanu we didn't want war. We wanted to seceed. Nobody gets mowed down the way Biafrans were without trying to self-preserve.

You wanted to secede? After killing the Premier of the North and West? The prime minister, The Finance minister who didnt offend you while sparing yours?

Those killings were an act of war and Benjamin Adekunle gave you back in 100,000 folds

@ Dayokanu and Eko ile: Moaning they didn't feed you? No, we are not talking about feeding biafrans. Nobody said you should feed your enemy.  We are talking about  the war crime of total food blockade: The existing farmlands in Biafraland was serially decimated via bombs n shelling.  Civilians were the prime target. No food was allowed into hunger-ravished Biafra either by sea, air or by land by any means. No food was allowed into Biafra. Food carrying ships and planes were sent back to their respective countries.  That is the meaning of TOTAL BLOCKADE. That's a crime against humanity. The food blockade killed more biafrans than the superior military arsenal of Nigeria put together.

Death Count: 2 million Biafrans!

When the soviet soldiers attacked Berlin in 1945, Do you know how many civilians were killed?

When the Bomb was dropped on Hiroshima and nagasaki do you know how many civilians were killed?

When Biafran soldiers attacked the Midwest do you know how many civilians were killed?

How come the japanese, Germans and the bendelites are not screaming genocide? because they know it was war and not Xbox360
Re: Exclusive - Chief Obafemi Awolowo On Biafra (in His Own Words) by aribisala0(m): 8:50pm On Nov 28, 2011
it is always the same pattern failure of logic?? let us try abuse and self aggrandizement.
very transparent. very risible
Re: Exclusive - Chief Obafemi Awolowo On Biafra (in His Own Words) by dayokanu(m): 8:53pm On Nov 28, 2011
Iboland is soo prosperous that the people cant live there, they always run away

Some even prefer Boko Haram lands to their erosion ravaged and cursed towns where they would be victims of Osisikankwu or Vincent Duru
Re: Exclusive - Chief Obafemi Awolowo On Biafra (in His Own Words) by macjive01: 8:55pm On Nov 28, 2011

WHAT IS THIS NAIRALANDERS?
Re: Exclusive - Chief Obafemi Awolowo On Biafra (in His Own Words) by aribisala0(m): 8:57pm On Nov 28, 2011
2 3 5 6 million where does this figure come from.
i am afraid there is really no argument here just a mishmash of sentiment and disjointed "facts".

the question is of every single person involved in the war why is it AWO a Non-Combatant that receives the gretest animus.
even those that condoned the pogrom in the North do not get a mention. or did he kill those people in the north.

surely there is a failure of logic somewhere.

Generals Gowon Muhammad,Obasanjo Katsina are rarely criticized.

why is this
Re: Exclusive - Chief Obafemi Awolowo On Biafra (in His Own Words) by Dede1(m): 8:58pm On Nov 28, 2011
YinKay:
CIVIL WAR

Moderator: Yes Mr…….Mr. Oparadike.

Question: Chief Awolowo, your stand on the civil war, however unpopular it may have been to the Biafran people…Your stand on the civil war, however unpopular it may have been to the Biafrans or Ibo people, helped to shorten the war. Today, you’re being cast as the sole enemy of the Ibo people because of that stand, by among others, some of the people who as members of the federal military government at that time, were party to that decision and are today, in some cases, inheritors of power in one Nigeria which that decision of yours helped to save. How do you feel being cast in this role, and what steps are you taking to endear yourself once again to that large chunk of Nigerians who feels embittered.

Awolowo: As far as I know, the Ibo masses are friendly to me, towards me. In fact, whenever I visit Iboland, either Anambra or Imo, and there’s no campaigning for elections on, the Ibo people receive me warmly and affectionately. But there are some elements in Iboland who believe that they can maintain their popularity only by denigrating me, and so they keep on telling lies against me. Ojukwu is one of them. I don’t want to mention the names of the others because they are still redeemable, but ….Ojukwu is irredeemable so I mention his name, and my attitude to these lies is one of indifference, I must confess to you.

[b]During the war I saw to it that the revenue which was due to the Iboland- South Eastern states they call it, at that time, east central state, I kept it, I saved the money for them. And when they ….was librated I handed over the money to them- millions. If I’d decided to do so, I could have kept the money away from them and then when they took over I saw to it that subvention was given to them at the rate of 990,000 pounds every month. I didn’t go to the executive council to ask for support, or for approval because I knew if I went to the executive council at that time the subvention would not be approved because there were more enemies in the executive council for the Ibos than friends. And since I wasn’t going to take a percentage from what I was going to give them, and I knew I was doing what was right, I wanted the state to survive, I kept on giving the subvention - 990,000 almost a million, every month, and I did that for other states of course- South eastern state, North central state, Kwara and so on.

But I did that for the Ibos, and when the war was over, I saw to it that the ACB got three and a half million pounds to start with. This was distributed  immediately and I gave another sum of money. The attitude of the experts, officials at the time of the ACB was that ACB should be closed down, and I held the view you couldn’t close the ACB down because that is the bank that gives finance to the Ibo traders, and if you close it down they’ll find it difficult to revive or to survive. So it was given. I did the same thing for the Cooperative Bank of Eastern Nigeria, to rehabilitate all these places, and I saw to it as commissioner for finance that no obstacle was placed in the way of the ministry of economic planning in planning for rehabilitation of the war affected areas.[/b]

This is a tale out of idiocy. Even if Awolowo was the King of Nigeria, he could not have personally performed the nonsense he vomited. He was a mere commissioner for finance and not head of state. Based on his position, he does not have the leverage to single-handedly indulge in subvention of funds or monetary assistance or engage in subsidy by the state on behalf of federal government of Nigeria to Biafrans. So statement of subvention by Awolowo is pure delusional at best.

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (14) (Reply)

Appeals Court Declares Senator Dino Melaye's Election Tribunal Should Be Retried / Buhari Won’t Respect His 'Noise Makers' Cabinet - PDP / Orji Uzor-Kalu Steps Out With His Family

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 89
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.